Author Topic: The Theory That the FBI Is Out to Get Clinton Is Becoming More Plausible  (Read 17893 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: The Theory That the FBI Is Out to Get Clinton Is Becoming More Plausible
« Reply #175 on: November 06, 2016, 12:34:42 pm »
Of course we do.  Those who say otherwise are clueless.

@sinkspur

You are the one that is clueless. Bigger houses don't mean anything other than bigger fools paying bigger house payments for more years,or even worse,bigger fools buying houses they can't afford due to being offering variable interest rates. These people will all be homeless when the interest rates go up.

I have never  understood the mindset that thinks bigger is automatically better. Anything beyond what you need to meet current and future living expectations  is foolish. You have more to heat,cool,maintain,clean,repair,pay property taxes on,and you owe more money to the bank. It's foolishness unless you are in an economic position where you don't even see your bills,and your accountants and business managers make all the payments. It's not foolish then only because expense is not an issue.

I see LOTS of folks that are "house rich and cash poor".

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #176 on: November 06, 2016, 12:35:30 pm »
Yeah, but the whole thing is bought with borrowed money. Very few folks actually own any of it. It is all on installment plans.l There are no savers anymore. Just a slight breeze and the whole damn thing will collapse.....again.

The economy is due for a recession in the next 4 years sure. But actual standards of living are higher than ever.  Americans have too much money IMO, or they spend it poorly. You should look around in a hobbyist forum some time, the money people have to spend on crap is amazing.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #177 on: November 06, 2016, 12:43:13 pm »
As governor of the state of Texas, hispanics in Texas trended Republican.  For Bush opened the Texas GOP to hispanics.

Pete Wilson closed the California GOP to hispanics by campaigning against illegals.

Theere was nothing about his time as President except to say that many do not look back at him with favor.

@HonestJohn

Sounds to me like you are just fine with allowing illegal aliens to vote.

NOBODY that identifies themselves as a foreigner (His or Her Panic,for example) should be allowed anywhere near a voting machine. If you aren't an American and consider yourself to be an American,you should NOT be allowed to vote.

AMERICANS vote in America. Hispanics vote in the mythical land of Hispania.

BTW,we all know why the communist radicals started calling them Hispanics. It's because if they had to call themselves Mexicans,Columbians,Cubans,etc,etc,etc they would immediately be identifying themselves as foreigners,and wouldn't be able to vote for the communist politicians that kept promising them more and more "free stuff" if they would vote for them.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 12:45:27 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #178 on: November 06, 2016, 12:50:43 pm »
Yeah, but the whole thing is bought with borrowed money. Very few folks actually own any of it. It is all on installment plans.l There are no savers anymore. Just a slight breeze and the whole damn thing will collapse.....again.

@Frank Cannon @Weird Tolkienish Figure

Yup,and the banks that lent the money to the developer to build the houses and then to the new debtors (notice I did NOT say "owners") will foreclose,end up owning the house again after years of payments have been made on it and inflation has increased it's sale price,and then sell it again for more money and the interest game starts off again.

Maybe the most bizarre part to ME is that a lot of these people are buying houses and not even buying the land they sit on. They are buying condos and townhouses on common property. I will never understand how that makes any sense to anybody. I don't even understand why anyone would buy a house in a development with a dictatorship known as a Homeowners Association,and voluntarily giving over control of their property and lives to people they don't even know.

BTW,4 more payments and my house and the land is it sitting on will be paid off again. This will be the 3rd and final time.  I will feel like a large weight has been lifted from my back.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 12:54:52 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #179 on: November 06, 2016, 12:56:44 pm »
Very true.  And a lot of why home ownership is up and the amount of house people can afford is up is entirely about the ultra low interest rates.  That will not go on forever.  It also comes at a high cost in other areas.  People who used to survive on the interest from their money are making nothing.  That means retired people.  So in a way forcing the rates so low has just transferred wealth AND encouraged debt.  But when the rates go up that debt will be unmanageable -- including public debt.  Trouble ahead.

@RAT Patrol

You and I don't seem to agree on much,but you sure nailed THAT one!

Why....,if I didn't know any better,I would suspect all of that was planned.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #180 on: November 06, 2016, 01:20:37 pm »
@HonestJohn
Leftwing myth.

In fact, before the left turned it into a referendum on hispanic people and not illegal immigration the measure to which you refer enjoyed 60% support form CA's hispanic community.

Even afterwards it still passed.

It was the 1986 amnesty that permanently changed the voting patterns of this state, without a doubt.

You're right. I reside in New York now, but I was in California during the 70s and 80s. The change was dramatic. California went from a reliably conservative state to a very liberal (actually, communistic) state. Except for New York City, even New York State is more conservative than California today.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #181 on: November 06, 2016, 01:32:07 pm »
You're right. I reside in New York now, but I was in California during the 70s and 80s. The change was dramatic. California went from a reliably conservative state to a very liberal (actually, communistic) state. Except for New York City, even New York State is more conservative than California today.

@aligncare

The working class Americans that moved out there for the nice weather and the jobs were replaced by the the professional welfare class. Ironically enough,the hard-working,mostly white people that build up the huge industrial base in California paid the taxes that financed the take over by the professional parasite class.

Just wait until the tax base there shrinks to the point where the money is no longer coming in to pay for all the "free stuff",and the feral government doesn't have enough money coming in from other states to take up the slack. People will be eating each other because there are multi-generational families living there now where NOBODY in the family has ever had an actual legal job,and none of them have the skills to be hired if they could even figure out how to apply for a job if one existed.

And California won't be the only state with these problems. They are just the biggest one with the most problems,and will almost certainly be the first one to experience anarchy.

Which is EXACTLY why the state and feral governments are trying to pass laws to prevent peons from owing or having access to guns. Rioters in some states will have a MUCH shorter shelf life than rioters in other states.

And there is a chance the same thing can be said for the local and state politicians that allowed and even encouraged those situations to develop.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #182 on: November 06, 2016, 02:32:10 pm »
Sneaky, ....and now they plan on sucking the tax payers dry on this high speed rail boondoggle the government wants that will probably, as is typical of government contracts, have astronomical cost overruns.

If any government says a project will cost 5 billions, count on it coming in at 20 billions. That's why we need private sector experience at the helm of government infrastructure projects.

I'm looking forward to Donald Trump. On infrastructure cost savings alone, he will be worth 1000 times his weight in gold.

But, don't get me started....

Offline skeeter

« Reply #183 on: November 06, 2016, 02:57:52 pm »

Looking at the voting pattern timeline it couldn't be more clear.

And the entire line that Wilson blew it by supporting prop 187 was drummed up by the local media and state GOP to discourage any more such efforts. Of course the way the media played their coverage of the initiative was bound to create racial tension and it did.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #184 on: November 06, 2016, 03:31:29 pm »
Very true.  And a lot of why home ownership is up and the amount of house people can afford is up is entirely about the ultra low interest rates.  That will not go on forever.  It also comes at a high cost in other areas.  People who used to survive on the interest from their money are making nothing.  That means retired people.  So in a way forcing the rates so low has just transferred wealth AND encouraged debt.  But when the rates go up that debt will be unmanageable -- including public debt.  Trouble ahead.

It's not just housing. People are getting subprime loans on cars. 9 year terms. The bubble is just about to burst.

HonestJohn

« Reply #185 on: November 06, 2016, 03:38:51 pm »
Looking at the voting pattern timeline it couldn't be more clear.

And the entire line that Wilson blew it by supporting prop 187 was drummed up by the local media and state GOP to discourage any more such efforts. Of course the way the media played their coverage of the initiative was bound to create racial tension and it did.

If you want to make a case about Hispanic voting patterns that are out-of-sync with the state's general voting trends...

...then you've got to look for when that happened.

Not when the general electorate of the state, as a whole, began to trend Democrat.  But when Hispanics broke out of the general trend.

And that was with Pete Wilson.

You're conflating two different events.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #186 on: November 06, 2016, 04:01:30 pm »
If you want to make a case about Hispanic voting patterns that are out-of-sync with the state's general voting trends...

...then you've got to look for when that happened.

Not when the general electorate of the state, as a whole, began to trend Democrat.  But when Hispanics broke out of the general trend.

And that was with Pete Wilson.

You're conflating two different events.

Frankly, the assertion that a single proposition 25 years ago has affected an entire racial demographic's voting pattern to this day is ridiculous.

HonestJohn

« Reply #187 on: November 06, 2016, 07:57:26 pm »
Frankly, the assertion that a single proposition 25 years ago has affected an entire racial demographic's voting pattern to this day is ridiculous.

Totally.

The aftermath of the Civil Rights Act didn't affect anyone's voting patterns... at all.

Nope.

• Technical
« Reply #188 on: November 06, 2016, 07:58:56 pm »
Someone on Twitter claimed that Texas' demographics were basically equal to California's. Dunno how true that is?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #189 on: November 06, 2016, 09:02:01 pm »
Someone on Twitter claimed that Texas' demographics were basically equal to California's. Dunno how true that is?

Large Hispanic population.  But it's far more Conservative than California's.  The state is still dripping red with just a few blue areas concentrated mostly around D/FW and the Austin/Houston area and parts of South Texas.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #190 on: November 07, 2016, 02:26:05 am »
@aligncare

The working class Americans that moved out there for the nice weather and the jobs were replaced by the the professional welfare class. Ironically enough,the hard-working,mostly white people that build up the huge industrial base in California paid the taxes that financed the take over by the professional parasite class.

Just wait until the tax base there shrinks to the point where the money is no longer coming in to pay for all the "free stuff",and the feral government doesn't have enough money coming in from other states to take up the slack. People will be eating each other because there are multi-generational families living there now where NOBODY in the family has ever had an actual legal job,and none of them have the skills to be hired if they could even figure out how to apply for a job if one existed.

And California won't be the only state with these problems. They are just the biggest one with the most problems,and will almost certainly be the first one to experience anarchy.

Which is EXACTLY why the state and feral governments are trying to pass laws to prevent peons from owing or having access to guns. Rioters in some states will have a MUCH shorter shelf life than rioters in other states.

And there is a chance the same thing can be said for the local and state politicians that allowed and even encouraged those situations to develop.

Think this helps it to become that basket case you are describing?  http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/11/06/california-janitor-collected-276000-salary-past-year/

The citizens of the state of California have every right to pass laws that treat the taxpayers there as pinadas.

What those citizens do not have is the right to impose that will on other states.

That is why I believe in states rights.  People can always move to a better situation and leave the debauchery behind. Once the producing class vacates, the remaining will either rebel and create a better govt or the decline will be inevitable.  If the federal govt becomes all-powerful, the only choice is to leave the US as it will bail out the liberal states on the backs of the productive states.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

geronl

« Reply #191 on: November 07, 2016, 02:29:27 am »
How is the theory coming along... :tongue2:

• Technical
« Reply #192 on: November 07, 2016, 02:31:56 am »

Was just going to ask Sinky that. Not well I take it?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #193 on: November 07, 2016, 02:34:06 am »
Large Hispanic population.  But it's far more Conservative than California's.  The state is still dripping red with just a few blue areas concentrated mostly around D/FW and the Austin/Houston area and parts of South Texas.

Well, the white populations of the South are also far more conservative than those of the Northeast or West Coast.  This is not so much about demographics of race as other things when it comes to political bent.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #194 on: November 07, 2016, 02:35:18 am »

Really well actually. For Liberals on the so called 'right'. But hey, just remember that voting for lesser evils id a good option and everything will just work itself out.

Posted on April 23, 2015 by John Hinderaker in Loretta Lynch
Loretta Lynch Confirmed With Ten Republican Votes

The Senate voted 56-43 this afternoon to confirm Loretta Lynch as Attorney General. Ten Republicans voted for confirmation: Kelly Ayotte, Ron Johnson, Mark Kirk, Rob Portman, Thad Cochran, Susan Collins, Jeff Flake, Lindsey Graham, Orrin Hatch and Mitch McConnell.

• Technical
« Reply #195 on: November 07, 2016, 02:37:52 am »

Really well actually. For Liberals on the so called 'right'. But hey, just remember that voting for lesser evils id a good option and everything will just work itself out.

Good lord you are a buffoon, Norm. Really.

So if you don't agree that the FBI is out to "get Clinton" then you are a liberal?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #196 on: November 07, 2016, 02:41:57 am »
I never argued that the FBI was out to get Clinton.

I said that the Comey was wrong to involve the FBI in the political process ten days before an election.  He compounded the problem today by issuing another letter.

The FBI is not a prosecutorial agency; it is an investigative agency.  It is best never heard from in public.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

• Technical
« Reply #197 on: November 07, 2016, 02:45:10 am »

Really? Because the title of this article that you posted was "The Theory That the FBI Is Out to Get Clinton Is Becoming More Plausible".

geronl

« Reply #198 on: November 07, 2016, 02:47:27 am »

I said that the Comey was wrong to involve the FBI in the political process ten days before an election.  He compounded the problem today by issuing another letter.

The FBI is not a prosecutorial agency; it is an investigative agency.  It is best never heard from in public.

I agree. I am surprised by the number of people proclaiming that the job of the FBI is to put Hillary or anyone on some kind of trial by public opinion.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #199 on: November 07, 2016, 02:48:53 am »

Really? Because the title of this article that you posted was "The Theory That the FBI Is Out to Get Clinton Is Becoming More Plausible".

Posting an article means one agrees with everything in it? 

I'm going to watch Hannity in ten minutes. He's likely to be melting down over Comey's letter today.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.