Author Topic: Never Trumpers and Reluctant Trump Supporters, Stop Questioning Each Other’s Motives...By Ben Shapiro  (Read 14803 times)

Offline musiclady

You have to remember another gift we were given by God: free will.

If we were as wise as Him, we couldn't possibly have let things get to the point where we've devolved from
George Washington vs. John Adams in the first presidential contest to Donaldus Minimus and Hilarious Rodent
Clinton in the current presidential contest.

Come to think of it, we've been heading this way for long enough---that's part of what happens when you start
thinking of the presidency as a kind of elected throne for a king or a queen, instead of a mere chief executive
who's supposed to be kept in line and answerable to a board of directors known as Congress. (And just how
will Donaldus Minimus and Hilarious Rodent affect the down-ticket races?)

God learned His lesson with King Saul. We aren't that smart yet.

Well, I certainly believe in free will, but I also believe firmly in God's Sovereignty over things on earth, such as the leaders of nations, so I think we may have to agree to disagree on that point.

But have we been heading this way a long time?  Absolutely.  Both politically and morally.

We've gotten ourselves into this mess for sure, by our own choices.

But God's will, whether deliberate or permissive, is still going on.  He IS in control.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Well, I certainly believe in free will, but I also believe firmly in God's Sovereignty over things on earth, such as the leaders of nations, so I think we may have to agree to disagree on that point.

But have we been heading this way a long time?  Absolutely.  Both politically and morally.

We've gotten ourselves into this mess for sure, by our own choices.

But God's will, whether deliberate or permissive, is still going on.  He IS in control.

I'm not going to blame Him for what we were stupid enough to do. ;)

If it were anyone else but you, dear lady, I'd suggest anyone believing God's will includes
Donaldus versus Hilarious is in need of professional help. ;) But I know you're far
smarter than that. (I'd say you were smart enough to be presidential material, but I don't
think you were brought up to make a life of organised crime . . . )
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 07:30:10 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline musiclady

I'm not going to blame Him for what we were stupid enough to do. ;)

If it were anyone else but you, dear lady, I'd suggest anyone believing God's will includes
Donaldus versus Hilarious is in need of professional help. ;) But I know you're far
smarter than that. (I'd say you were smart enough to be presidential material, but I don't
think you were brought up to make a life of organised crime . . . )

Eh.............. a difference between what He allows, and what He desires.

But thanks for the kind words.

Even though I was raised near Youngstown, OH, little Chicago during my teens, and bursting with Mafioso (and great spaghetti!), I decided that organized crime was not my gig.

I just sing and play pretty music and type away on my keyboard.  :patriot:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

In fact, I believe that these two candidates are actually the punishment God is giving us for the choice that America has made to walk in darkness.

FINALLY!

Someone understands what is actually going on!!!!!

And it goes downhill from here.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline EasyAce

Eh.............. a difference between what He allows, and what He desires.

But thanks for the kind words.

Even though I was raised near Youngstown, OH, little Chicago during my teens, and bursting with Mafioso (and great spaghetti!), I decided that organized crime was not my gig.

I just sing and play pretty music and type away on my keyboard.  :patriot:

Normally, I write, then I pick up a guitar and play the blues. ;)

My two main guitars:

« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 08:00:26 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline EasyAce

So I am not sure the explanation of "perfect" vs. "permissive" will is exactly right.  I think it is above our understanding.  I do know that we are to choose good and not evil ALWAYS.  Things may happen that we do not understand and we are to trust God in those times.  But woe to those through whom the evil comes.  They are entirely accountable.  There is a parallel reality that we are choosing and responsible at the same time God is sovereign and in complete control.  How and why is above our pay grade at this point.

You may be right, and there is evidence to support you there.

But choosing Donaldus Minimus vs. Hilarious Rodent Clinton may even be beyond God's pay grade
at this point. Even He couldn't have predicted this. And He may have sovereign control to
be there to pick up the pieces, but when it comes to His foolish children making choices like this,
we're on our own.

Offline EasyAce

In the sense that we will reap what we have sown, we are on our own.

Are you listening, you lot who were fool enough to provide a race between Donaldus and Hilarious?

Me, I'm with Isaiah . . .

Albert Jay Nock, "Isaiah's Job"
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 08:31:16 pm by EasyAce »

Offline musiclady

Normally, I write, then I pick up a guitar and play the blues. ;)

This is my baby............. a little hard to pick up and carry around, but still my baby.   ^-^

Offline EasyAce

This is my baby............. a little hard to pick up and carry around, but still my baby.   ^-^

Oh, I don't know . . . :p

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline jpsb

It's a good thing there are so many men like you, and not as many 'men' like them......

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The minimizing of admitted sexual assault to use of a 'bad word' is the sign of a complete lack of the ability to tell right from wrong.

I am embarrassed for these people.  They are admitting that women are dirt and that men have the right to grab them whenever they feel like it.

This is perversion, and they're PROUD of it.

I haven't seen any convictions of sexual assault nor admitting it; I've heard men and boys talk; if half of what they said is true, oh, boy.

And besides that, he certainly is not a Bush, Obama or Clinton, starting wars and getting a bunch of people KILLED.   Amping up the Christian genocide in the Middle East. I don't know how Bush can even sleep at night.

But make up your imaginary accusations of women who did not speak until 4 weeks before the election.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 03:16:16 am by TomSea »

Offline sinkspur

I haven't seen any convictions of sexual assault nor admitting it; I've heard men and boys talk; if half of what they said is true, oh, boy.

And besides that, he certainly is not a Bush, Obama or Clinton, starting wars and getting a bunch of people KILLED.   Amping up the Christian genocide in the Middle East. I don't know how Bush can even sleep at night.

But make up your imaginary accusations of women who did not speak until 4 weeks before the election.

I don't know how YOU sleep at night defending a subhuman being like Trump.  He has no morals and no convictions except "whatever is good for Donald." 

He will not sue a single one of the women who accused him.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Longmire

Hillary is less a threat to our liberty in the short term than from Trump.

How is someone supposed to interpret this comment, other than support for Clinton over Trump?  :shrug:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
How is someone supposed to interpret this comment, other than support for Clinton over Trump?  :shrug:

It's hardly "support" for Clinton - it's the recognition that she's the lesser of two evils.  But many of us aren't into this voting for evil thing.   There are some excellent third party candidates.   Voting for McMullin,  Johnson or Castle is not "support" for Hillary.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

I don't give a rat's ass how you interpret it.

Trump and his mobs of thugs have proven they are a more direct, clear and present danger to me and mine than from anything I've gotten from the zealots for Hillary.

If you assume that means I support Hillary…. I don't care.

What do you intend to do about it?

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline EasyAce

You could interpet it to mean not that the commentator prefers Hilarious Rodent over Donaldus
Minimus but, rather, having weighed the options, he thinks Hilarious is liable to wreak less mischief in the
big picture.

Which would be true if, somehow, Donaldus Minimus doesn't wreak enough damage to what
remains of the Republican Party and the downticket races provide Hilarious with her second-worst
nightmare, a GOP Congress. Which, alas, also assumes such a GOP Congress would re-assume
the supremacy the Constitution actually afforded the legislative branch, and that, of course, might
prove a crapshoot wild guess.

There is also a view that you could say, yes, Hilarious is going to be (or at least try to be, Congress
pending) as bad as we suspect . . . but we knew that going in, there was nothing to
suggest she'd be anything less than what we've known her to be. Concurrently, removing Donaldus
Minimus's too-well-known character and rhetorical flaws for the moment, we would have a case of the
devil we know versus the devil we don't know. Speaking strictly in political and policy terms, Donaldus
Minimus is such a ball of contradictions beyond his implicit belief that he, too, in his own way, believes
the State uber alles and the citizen little to nothing, that such could be equally dangerous, with
a few different devils in a few different details, as Hilarious.

I've still seen nothing to convince me that any vote other than "None of These Candidates" would be
a vote unlikely to make me puke. I don't know how many other states beside my adopted Nevada
have the option, but one hopes a fair majority in those states votes likewise if the option is available
to them.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 08:01:53 pm by EasyAce »

Offline TomSea

You could interpet it to mean not that the commentator prefers Hilarious Rodent over Donaldus
Minimus but, rather, having weighed the options, he thinks Hilarious is liable to wreak less mischief in the
big picture.

Which would be true if, somehow, Donaldus Minimus doesn't wreak enough damage to what
remains of the Republican Party and the downticket races provide Hilarious with her second-worst
nightmare, a GOP Congress. Which, alas, also assumes such a GOP Congress would re-assume
the supremacy the Constitution actually afforded the legislative branch, and that, of course, might
prove a crapshoot wild guess.

There is also a view that you could say, yes, Hilarious is going to be (or at least try to be, Congress
pending) as bad as we suspect . . . but we knew that going in, there was nothing to
suggest she'd be anything less than what we've known her to be. Concurrently, removing Donaldus
Minimus's too-well-known character and rhetorical flaws for the moment, we would have a case of the
devil we know versus the devil we don't know. Speaking strictly in political and policy terms, Donaldus
Minimus is such a ball of contradictions beyond his implicit belief that he, too, in his own way, believes
the State uber alles and the citizen little to nothing, that such could be equally dangerous, with
a few different devils in a few different details, as Hilarious.

I've still seen nothing to convince me that any vote other than "None of These Candidates" would be
a vote unlikely to make me puke. I don't know how many other states beside my adopted Nevada
have the option, but one hopes a fair majority in those states votes likewise if the option is available
to them.

Fine, I puke when I see people are not voting for a secured border, stopping drugs and stopping ISIS. Won't be able to blame that on me.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Fine, I puke when I see people are not voting for a secured border, stopping drugs and stopping ISIS. Won't be able to blame that on me.

Donald isn't going to do anything about those issues anymore that Hillary will.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline kartographer

Quick question you are a Pole and I give you the choice Russian occupation or German, come on which are you dying to embrace?  Which choice will you pick to defend?
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Offline TomSea

Not my problem, now a bunch of people, over 200 from the Reagan administration endorse Trump.

I support the nominee, Dole, Bush, Bush, McCain and Romney,  I'm not about to change.

Bush was a disaster, accelerated the persecution of Christians in the Mid-East, open borders, McCain obviously is aggressive on foreign policy, Romney did have a background on abortion and gay marriage, despite this, Romney obviously would have been better than Obama.

Offline TomSea

If Hillary gets in, declares amnesty for illegals, leaves the border open until we are like a country like Brazil; takes away our gun rights, expands abortion, don't blame me.

Offline aligncare

If Hillary gets in, declares amnesty for illegals, leaves the border open until we are like a country like Brazil; takes away our gun rights, expands abortion, don't blame me.

They don't care about those points, TomSea. It's all about themselves and their own self righteousness and holier-than-thou virtue. Look, I commend you for your steadfast resolve, you're a fine patriot, but you've been pounding away at this for months, do you really think your rational arguments are getting through to them? I don't. They. Simply. Don't. Care.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 08:32:40 pm by aligncare »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
They don't care about those points, TomSea. It's all about themselves and their own self righteousness and holier-than-thou virtue. ... They. Simply. Don't. Care.

Exactly.

WE.  DON'T. CARE

to betray our principles and support a NY Liberal Statist verging on despot running with an 'R' after his name.

You wanted a nationalist populist fascist messiah - he's all yours.

We want nothing to do with him, or you.

Offline aligncare

I don't give a fig what do you think, INVAR.