Author Topic: Trump outlines first 100 days  (Read 4734 times)

Silver Pines

Re: Trump outlines first 100 days
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2016, 11:52:35 pm »
It's not like Congress is going to propose such a 'thingy' on their own without some prodding, and who better than Trump?

@Longmire

He also "proposed"---well, no, he outright guaranteed---Mexico would pay for his wall. 

"Mexico will pay for the wall, 100 percent. They don't know it yet, but they're going to pay for it," Trump said during his immigration speech in Phoenix, Ariz, Wednesday night.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/294052-trump-mexico-will-pay-for-wall

Now he's saying that we will pay, but Mexico will pay us back.

What do you think of that?

Offline Longmire

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2016, 11:53:30 pm »
But he is very clever.

I think he knows he's going to lose and is going to start a news network "to fight the media bias". I also think he's going to start a new "Populist Party" to fight the rigged system.

He could just as easily win, start a new political party, and have his son in law start a news network.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2016, 11:57:34 pm »
@CatherineofAragon I think it means he wants the wall built quickly and isn't going to wait for the Mexicans.

But if he says they'll pay later, then I'd believe him.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2016, 11:58:33 pm »
He could just as easily win, start a new political party, and have his son in law start a news network.

At this point, Trump cannot easily win.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Silver Pines

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2016, 12:06:12 am »
@CatherineofAragon I think it means he wants the wall built quickly and isn't going to wait for the Mexicans.

But if he says they'll pay later, then I'd believe him.

@Longmire

I don't doubt it.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2016, 12:08:06 am »
Trump stated he would propose a Constitutional Amendment to limit terms in Congress, and he committed to doing that in writing.

I'd say he understands the process well enough, and he'll lead the effort.

It's not like Congress is going to propose such a 'thingy' on their own without some prodding, and who better than Trump?

Trump could prod all he wanted, but Congress is not going to take up an amendment limiting their terms. 

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2016, 12:12:26 am »
@Longmire

I don't doubt it.

It's great watching these people humiliate themselves over a fraud. The lurkers and fence sitters really have a front row seat to what a Trump vote would make them into. We should see if we can get a bookie to take bets on whether or not the cult disappears from TBR after Trump loses and another to see if they break records for cursing us.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2016, 01:42:58 am »
Trump could prod all he wanted, but Congress is not going to take up an amendment limiting their terms.

Maybe not right away, but once a few of them get term limited by the voters and/or lose their power positions they'll come around.

In the mean time, the issue is a useful stick to hit them with as needed.  :laugh:

Offline Longmire

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2016, 01:45:52 am »
@Longmire

I don't doubt it.

@CatherineofAragon His top trade priority is reworking NAFTA or cancelling it...so you'd be wise not to.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2016, 02:07:23 am »
Maybe not right away, but once a few of them get term limited by the voters and/or lose their power positions they'll come around.

In the mean time, the issue is a useful stick to hit them with as needed.  :laugh:

How will that happen?  Latest polls show that 60% of voters will either forget about Trump immediately after the election or will support him briefly, then walk away.

Trump isn't leading a movement; he's leading a popularity cult.  When the popularity is gone, so are the cultists.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 02:07:46 am by sinkspur »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2016, 02:08:50 am »
@CatherineofAragon His top trade priority is reworking NAFTA or cancelling it...so you'd be wise not to.

LOL!  Trump cancels NAFTA and say hello recession.

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2016, 02:12:43 am »

@Longmire

Do you know what it takes to amend the Constitution??
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2016, 02:48:04 pm »
Trump stated he would propose a Constitutional Amendment to limit terms in Congress, and he committed to doing that in writing.

I'd say he understands the process well enough, and he'll lead the effort.

Right. And then he will go after Climate Change and attack those windmills.
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

Offline aligncare

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2016, 02:53:35 pm »

I left in just the parts of your post that made sense. No need to thank me. I'm here to help.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2016, 02:54:52 pm »

...don't bother. I don't respond to nonsense.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2016, 03:19:51 pm »
Right. And then he will go after Climate Change and attack those windmills.

Not sure what 'windmills' you're referring to @starstruck , but this is from Trump's 100 day plan he delivered yesterday.

FIFTH, I will lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars’ worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal.

SIXTH, lift the Obama-Clinton roadblocks and allow vital energy infrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline, to move forward

SEVENTH, cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America’s water and environmental infrastructure

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2016, 03:23:49 pm »
Not sure what 'windmills' you're referring to @starstruck , but this is from Trump's 100 day plan he delivered yesterday.

FIFTH, I will lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars’ worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal.

SIXTH, lift the Obama-Clinton roadblocks and allow vital energy infrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline, to move forward

SEVENTH, cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America’s water and environmental infrastructure

How? With his pen and phone?

H O W ? exactly is he guaranteeing this?

Offline Longmire

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2016, 03:47:20 pm »
How? With his pen and phone?

Whats the matter Norma, you worried Trump's plan of action might be resonating?

Some folks are never satisfied... :shrug:

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2016, 03:53:47 pm »
Whats the matter Norma, you worried Trump's plan of action might be resonating?

Some folks are never satisfied... :shrug:

Whats the matter 'Shotmiredinliberalism'? Afraid to admit you have no answer for the question? Yet again?

Offline corbe

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2016, 06:34:26 pm »
   Trump would do to America what he did to the USFL.

1986[edit]

The USFL planned to play its 1986 schedule in the fall, directly opposite the NFL, thanks mostly to Trump's strong advocacy of direct competition with the older, established league. Two years earlier, Trump sold most of his fellow owners on a move to the fall by arguing that it would eventually force a merger with the NFL—in which the owners of any USFL teams included in a merger would see their investment more than double.

The Generals merged with the Houston Gamblers during the extended offseason, adding such stars as quarterback Jim Kelly and wide receiver Ricky Sanders. Michaels was fired, replaced with former Gamblers coach Jack Pardee, who planned to bring the Gamblers' high-powered run and shoot offense with him. However, the USFL's "Dream Team" never took the field. The 1986 season was cancelled after the USFL won a minimal verdict in an antitrust lawsuit against the NFL; the league folded soon afterward.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Silver Pines

« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2016, 11:40:38 pm »

@Longmire

I meant I don't doubt you believe him.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2016, 11:50:16 pm »
"“Every woman lied when they came forward to hurt my campaign,” Trump said. 
“Total fabrication. The events never happened. All of these liars will be sued after the election is over.”"

I did not have sex/Grope that woman (insert multiple names here) not a single time..."

It is really, really, really sad that the main point of the agenda is to sue his sex victims.  First and foremost on the list.  Make them pay!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2016, 11:52:18 pm »
Quote from: Jonathan Easley
But there was very little new in Trump's "contract with American voters," and the GOP nominee spent the first quarter of his 40-minute speech settling old scores and lashing out at his enemies.

This campaign has always been all about Trump.  It has never been about America.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2016, 11:58:09 pm »

NAFTA has been a huge success.  Our exports to Mexico have quadrupled since it was ratified, creating tens of thousands of US jobs.  And you want to trash all that.  Nice.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2016, 12:03:23 am »

@Longmire

Do you know what it takes to amend the Constitution??

Trumpbots think you amend a constitution with more fiber...
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 12:04:47 am by Gov Bean Counter »
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...