Author Topic: TRUMP: A BETTER CANDIDATE THAN REAGAN  (Read 15028 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: TRUMP: A BETTER CANDIDATE THAN REAGAN
« Reply #100 on: October 22, 2016, 10:44:17 pm »
I think those of us who respect Reagan can figure it out.

Trump is the anti-Reagan.  Everything Reagan was, Trump is not.  Everything Reagan wasn't, Trump is.

Two people could not be any farther apart in every sense of the word.

:hands:
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #101 on: October 22, 2016, 10:49:45 pm »
I think those of us who respect Reagan can figure it out.

Trump is the anti-Reagan.  Everything Reagan was, Trump is not.  Everything Reagan wasn't, Trump is.

Two people could not be any farther apart in every sense of the word.

He would be too much of a gentleman to say anything as bad as what he thought, but everyone who respects him can be pretty sure about what he would be thinking now.

Shame.  Like the rest of us.

@musiclady
I'd consider him a "better candidate" if he could get better results than Ronald Reagan.  That would be 49 states to 1, the one  being a small to mid size state.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #102 on: October 22, 2016, 10:49:49 pm »
This is time for a reminder that Trump hated Reagan. He called him a 'con man' in The Art of the Deal, and he took out several full page newspaper ads in the NYT trashing Reagan.

Conversely, Reagan and his people did not like Trump. They called him basically an attention hound and warned Reagan to avoid meetings with him. Reagan even incorrectly signed a book for Trump (on accident?) and when Trump demanded a correction, they sent him one with an auto-pen signature.

Offline DB

« Reply #103 on: October 22, 2016, 11:32:50 pm »
The only people comparing Reagan to Trump were either too young/not born yet to be aware of who Reagan was or where high on drugs at the time.

There's no other explanation. Trump and Reagan are polar opposites on virtually every front. I voted for Reagan. If Trump were half the man Reagan was I'd consider voting for him but he's the anti-Reagan.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 03:29:03 am by DB »

Offline DB

« Reply #104 on: October 22, 2016, 11:35:48 pm »
Trump never signed abortion into law.

Could you finally answer a simple question, did you vote for Reagan?

Offline DB

« Reply #105 on: October 22, 2016, 11:41:10 pm »
This is time for a reminder that Trump hated Reagan. He called him a 'con man' in The Art of the Deal, and he took out several full page newspaper ads in the NYT trashing Reagan.

Conversely, Reagan and his people did not like Trump. They called him basically an attention hound and warned Reagan to avoid meetings with him. Reagan even incorrectly signed a book for Trump (on accident?) and when Trump demanded a correction, they sent him one with an auto-pen signature.

Yes, he went up to capital hill to testify against Reagan's tax cuts. He complained that the "wealthy" were no longer forced to invest in real estate tax shelters to avoid paying high rates. Tax shelters run by people like Trump. And he wanted the return of at least 50% tax rates to force "investment" into these government connected cronies. And morons today want to claim he's the anti-establishment... He's as connected as you can get.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 11:42:04 pm by DB »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #106 on: October 22, 2016, 11:50:27 pm »
@musiclady
I'd consider him a "better candidate" if he could get better results than Ronald Reagan.  That would be 49 states to 1, the one  being a small to mid size state.

Yeah.......... can't wait to see if THAT happens! :laugh:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #107 on: October 22, 2016, 11:55:13 pm »

That reminder should be made on every thread on this forum.

Trump is the anti-Reagan, and he has been for decades.

The people who think Trump is the new Reagan so ignorant it's embarrassing.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #108 on: October 23, 2016, 12:03:21 am »
Trump is the anti-Bush and anti-Clinton,

No dead bodies, not putting Christians in the firing line, no open borders. How's that for your comparison.

And to think I voted for Bush, 2 times.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #109 on: October 23, 2016, 12:03:43 am »

Lets not forget too that he went before Congress to bash the Reagan tax cuts comparing the U.S. to Russia for doing them.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #110 on: October 23, 2016, 12:04:53 am »
Trump is the anti-Bush and anti-Clinton,

No dead bodies, not putting Christians in the firing line, no open borders. How's that for your comparison.

And to think I voted for Bush, 2 times.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #111 on: October 23, 2016, 12:08:37 am »

Hillary brought that up in the debate and she had a point, he was saying the exact same thing in 1987 or whenever when Reagan was President.

He's just a moron.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #112 on: October 23, 2016, 12:09:20 am »
@musiclady

But Romney won the white vote as much as Reagan, point being, America has changed, if one wants to compare a map of 1984 to 2016;  have at it but it's not an accurate comparison.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #113 on: October 23, 2016, 12:11:24 am »

So this tax act was just an absolute catastrophe for the country, for the real estate industry, and I really hope that something can be done — as Congressman Thomas recently said, that something can be done to change at least parts of it, because it has taken all incentive away from investing in real estate, and real estate really means so many jobs...by having cut the high income tax rates to 25 percent, as an example, people don’t have the incentive any more to invest. They’re saying, “Why should I take a chance on investing in low or moderate-income housing? I might as well just pay the tax.” But the fact is, that 25 percent for high-income people — for high-income people — it should be raised substantially with the understanding that if you invest, you can get it down and down substantially below that number...I was asked to come by the Chairman, and I make this plea that, if something isn’t done to put the incentive back — I mean, we’re no different right now than the Soviet Union. They have no incentive, and we have no incentive. And if something isn’t done to quickly put the incentive back, this country is going to be in very deep problems.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2016/04/19/video-trump-trashes-reagan-tax-cuts-as-democratcalled-expert-witness-in-1991-n2151131

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #114 on: October 23, 2016, 12:11:37 am »
@musiclady

Better results than Reagan? I'd be happy if we didn't lose the Senate. Thrilled if Trump won (albeit a little nervous).

The GOP has won the popular vote ONE TIME since 1988. Once.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #115 on: October 23, 2016, 12:21:59 am »

Better results than Reagan? I'd be happy if we didn't lose the Senate. Thrilled if Trump won (albeit a little nervous).

The GOP has won the popular vote ONE TIME since 1988. Once.

I don't think they ever wanted to win.  Even that once.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #116 on: October 23, 2016, 12:27:12 am »
Pinot Grigio out the nose! It burns! 8888crybaby 8888crybaby 8888crybaby
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #117 on: October 23, 2016, 12:31:33 am »
Oooh, New York Values,

Maybe those who say that can answer us why Trump won Dixie so big.

Taking away Incumbents running, Bush and Reagan in 84 and 92, I wonder when the last time, a candidate won Dixie so big, I think it's virtually ever state, it is of the old South,

Texas is pretty split, it's Southwestern too, Cruz won that.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #118 on: October 23, 2016, 12:32:14 am »
Romney won the same kind of vote as Reagan,

I don't know if Reagan had that much success with the quote "minority" vote, Blacks and Hispanics.

We are a different country from 1984; to compare these two eras is a joke.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 12:32:52 am by TomSea »

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #119 on: October 23, 2016, 12:35:23 am »

I don't know if Reagan had that much success with the quote "minority" vote, Blacks and Hispanics.

No he didn't. Conservatives voted for Reagan and thus he won in a landslide. Conservatives abstained from voting for Pro Abortion/Pro gay agenda Romney and thus  he lost decisively.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #120 on: October 23, 2016, 12:37:22 am »
No he didn't. Conservatives voted for Reagan and thus he won in a landslide. Conservatives abstained from voting for Pro Abortion/Pro gay agenda Romney and thus  he lost decisively.

Actually, that's a myth. Romney had a bigger Conservative turn-out than McCain.

The problem wasn't Conservatives, it was that he was running against Santa Claus promising free goodies.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #121 on: October 23, 2016, 12:39:27 am »
Texas is pretty split, it's Southwestern too, Cruz won that.

Maybe it wasn't so good Trump told the Cruz voters to go Eff themselves, huh?
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #122 on: October 23, 2016, 12:40:06 am »

That is a blatant lie.

The minority vote was at an all time high for Reagan in his second election when he came within 2,000 votes of a 50 state sweep.

34% of the Latino vote and 95 of the Black vote in 1984.

They haven't been near that level since. 

The only joke around here when talking about the two eras is you.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #123 on: October 23, 2016, 12:40:27 am »

The problem wasn't Conservatives, it was that he was running against Santa Claus promising free goodies.

Last I saw, the population increase accounted for the higher numbers. A lot of conservatives either wrote in or stayed home.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #124 on: October 23, 2016, 12:42:00 am »

I'm confused.  I thought the comparisons were with Ronald Reagan, the winner, and not McCain, the deliberate loser.   (He threw that election.)
I will NOT comply.