Author Topic: WSJ: The Cheap Moralizing of Never Trump  (Read 68064 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Re: WSJ: The Cheap Moralizing of Never Trump
« Reply #275 on: October 19, 2016, 11:51:34 pm »

I have less animus for George W. than I do for his Father.    I fault George HW Bush for horribly damaging the nation.   

Breaking that promise elected Clinton.    The day he did it I was screaming at the radio about what a fool he was.   I knew they would use that broken promise to paint him as a "liar"  in the next election.   

By breaking that Promise,   he gave us a Nuclear armed North Korea,  Homosexuals in the military,  Technology transfers to foreign governments,   the Assault weapons ban,   the failure to capture Osama bin Laden,  and therefore the 911 terrorist attack,   several Liberal supreme court and many federal court Liberal judges who make up law from the bench,   and a seemingly endless stream of other disasters of varying levels of horrible.   

George HW Bush was a horrible President,  and he badly damaged the conservative movement. 

George HW Bush was the worst mistake Reagan ever made.

You're not wrong about President Lips. ;)

But a Republican Revolution begun in 1995 ended up coming up short enough (remember: Newtie and the
Blowfish ended up spending even more than Droopy-Drawers Clinton was hoping for when it all counted,
not to mention the botched impeachment when the Republican Senate caved), and when the second
President Bush had that oh-so-necessary Republican Congress to work with (remember how "necessary"
it was for him to have that Republican Congress to get the job "done"?), what his father began he and
that good-for-nothing-much Republican Congress finished.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #276 on: October 19, 2016, 11:55:59 pm »
Scandel versus revoking US citizenship from those born here?

In what way is *THAT* even *CLOSE*!!!

(revoking birthright citizenship, a key Trump policy)
Trump is correct. The purpose of the 14th was to give citizenship to former slaves after the civil war, not to give citizenship to anchor babies.  Do you call yourself a conservative?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #277 on: October 19, 2016, 11:56:00 pm »
This is just a taste of what you NeverTrumpers have coming should Trump lose. The Rats will not like you  and conservatives are going to downright hate you for helping to elect Hillary. Trump may be boorish but Hillary is pure evil. Trump will, from time to time, embarrass you, Hillary will bring hell to Earth every freakin day.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #278 on: October 19, 2016, 11:57:26 pm »
It this comedy? Hillary has gotten us into war after war in the middle east and north Africa. Hillary says if elected she will impose a no fly zone over Syria. I wonder how Russia will react to us shooting down their war planes in Syria? Hillary is a cowardly neocon warmonger that left Americans to die in Benghazi. Trump is a saint compared to Hillary.

You failed him. You failed Donald. You couldn't bring us to heel. Donald gave you one job. One. And you disappointed him.

You. Disappointed. Donald. You. YOU!!!

Do the honorable thing and atone your sin. The sin of disappointing... Donald.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #279 on: October 19, 2016, 11:57:26 pm »
I wholeheartedly agree............. grace is definitely called for here.

And I'm very glad you joined this conversation, @RAT Patrol !   :patriot:
Grace? Do you ever read all the hateful things you have said about Trump?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #280 on: October 19, 2016, 11:59:03 pm »
Trump is correct. The purpose of the 14th was to give citizenship to former slaves after the civil war, not to give citizenship to anchor babies.  Do you call yourself a conservative?

A Conservative understands you can't revoke citizenship that's already been legally granted without causing a National uproar. 

A real Conservative knows that the way to fix it is to stop future incidents of anchor babies via legislation and judicial review.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #281 on: October 19, 2016, 11:59:45 pm »

Physician heal thyself.

Online LMAO

« Reply #282 on: October 20, 2016, 12:00:17 am »
Bull you are Supporting Hillary. Every vote not for Trump is a vote for Hillary.

Not true.

What you are saying is Trump is entitled to a vote. Many people are staying home this election. So, if everyday Americans decide to sit out this election, they're, by default, voting for Hillary?
Why isn't it the other way around? This is the same mindset that the current president had after the 2014 election were he thought he had to represent the 2/3 or 3/4 that didn't vote thereby assuming those that didn't vote really supported him
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 12:02:50 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline jpsb

« Reply #283 on: October 20, 2016, 12:04:06 am »
LOL!  Your hatred of the Bushes is approaching a psychosis. They are saying nothing, yet you can't resist trashing them because they won't bend the knee in front of Trump.
HW Bush said he is voting for Clinton. W Bush calls Bill a brother from a different mother. Jeb refuses to honor is pledge to support the GOP nominee. The entire Bush family SUCKS, F them. W was one of the worse presidents ever, Ws' legacy is Obama and if polls are correct Hillary. Thanks a lot W Bush.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #284 on: October 20, 2016, 12:04:12 am »

If you consider the truth about Trump "hateful" then perhaps you should rethink your avid support of him.  btw, Christians hate sin.......... is that the hate you're referring to?

Perhaps you shouldn't be here cheerleading for a corrupt, leftist degenerate, if the truth about him offends you so much.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #285 on: October 20, 2016, 12:06:28 am »
This is just a taste of what you NeverTrumpers have coming should Trump lose.

That you Trump Militants will just quit and leave in a huff?

If that be the case, I'll gladly 'taste' all the flavor of tantrum and departure you have to offer and hold the door open for your exits.

The Rats will not like you

Like there's anything new there.

and conservatives are going to downright hate you for helping to elect Hillary.

WRONG.

REPUBLICANS and TRUMPIANS will hate us, you have already made that perfectly clear, simply because we have refused to embrace your prince at any time during this fiasco of an *election*. The Establishment made the fact they hate us perfectly clear long before Trump ever announced.

So again, we frankly don't give a rat's ass that we're hated.  We are well aware in this day and age that this world will hate anyone standing for truth or principle.

Trump may be boorish but Hillary is pure evil.

Well, I assert Trump is a greater danger to my liberty than Hillary.  Your fellow militants have made that abundantly evident.

Trump will, from time to time, embarrass you, Hillary will bring hell to Earth every freakin day.

Once again, your scare tactics don't work anymore. 

We're done being frightened into supporting someone to *block* another Democrat Leftist simply because they are *worse* than the incompetent liberals you people have foisted upon the rest of us.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline musiclady

« Reply #286 on: October 20, 2016, 12:10:32 am »
That you Trump Militants will just quit and leave in a huff?

If that be the case, I'll gladly 'taste' all the flavor of tantrum and departure you have to offer and hold the door open for your exits.

Like there's anything new there.

WRONG.

REPUBLICANS and TRUMPIANS will hate us, you have already made that perfectly clear, simply because we have refused to embrace your prince at any time during this fiasco of an *election*. The Establishment made the fact they hate us perfectly clear long before Trump ever announced.

So again, we frankly don't give a rat's ass that we're hated.  We are well aware in this day and age that this world will hate anyone standing for truth or principle.

Well, I assert Trump is a greater danger to my liberty than Hillary.  Your fellow militants have made that abundantly evident.

Once again, your scare tactics don't work anymore. 

We're done being frightened into supporting someone to *block* another Democrat Leftist simply because they are *worse* than the incompetent liberals you people have foisted upon the rest of us.

So................... do you think this guy REALLY thinks Trump is a conservative??

Is he that deluded, or just a troll who's lying and making a fool of himself?

It's the Conservatives who oppose Trump the most because he IS the enemy.  He IS a liberal.

(They can't be that dumb.  It's got to be a line the trolls get paid to post.  Right????)

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline jpsb

« Reply #287 on: October 20, 2016, 12:12:46 am »
I really don't think so.  George Wallace's crowd (remember, he won five states) virtually vanished after Nixon was elected.  Trump is dead as a political force.  Anger dissipates once the target event is over. 

We can all unite in support of the Republican House and be in opposition to Hillary.  But Trump was an interloper, an outsider who had no business running for president.  And, as many of us said on June 15, 2015, there is no way this guy could ever win the presidency.
No I will never unite  with a NeverTrumper, not ever. Elect Hillary and you are on your own.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 12:14:35 am by jpsb »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #288 on: October 20, 2016, 12:13:38 am »
That is such a trumpette thing to say.  Elections are not about extending grace to the candidates who want to represent us.  Elections are about selecting a fit, honest and trustworthy representative.  The grace is actually a duty to all our fellow citizens.  We betray them when we choose unwisely.

"In selecting men for office, let principle be your guide. Regard not the particular sect or denomination of the candidate, look to his character. The scriptures teach that rulers should be men who rule in the fear of God, able men, men of truth, hating covetousness. It is to the neglect of this rule that we must ascribe the multified frauds, breaches of trust, and embezzlement of public property which tarnish the character of our country and disgrace government. When a citizen gives his vote to a man of known immorality, he abuses his civic responsibility, he sacrifices not only his interest, but that of his neighbor; he betrays the interest of his country." Noah Webster, 1823

I guess he believes in "cheap grace." (i.e. meaningless)

Besides which, I was agreeing with offering grace to a guy who's obviously very angry, but whom I still believe is a good guy.

The Trumpists' bringing up grace for Donald was a stupid diversion from the reality that his hero is a degenerate........ an unrepentant degenerate to boot.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #289 on: October 20, 2016, 12:14:13 am »
No I will never unit with a NeverTrumper, not ever. Elect Hillary and you are on your own.
You failed him. You failed Donald. You couldn't bring us to heel. Donald gave you one job. One. And you disappointed him.

You. Disappointed. Donald. You. YOU!!!

Do the honorable thing and atone your sin. The sin of disappointing... Donald.

HonestJohn

« Reply #290 on: October 20, 2016, 12:18:03 am »
I really don't think so.  George Wallace's crowd (remember, he won five states) virtually vanished after Nixon was elected.  Trump is dead as a political force.  Anger dissipates once the target event is over. 

We can all unite in support of the Republican House and be in opposition to Hillary.  But Trump was an interloper, an outsider who had no business running for president.  And, as many of us said on June 15, 2015, there is no way this guy could ever win the presidency.

It only disappears if the one stoking the anger disappears.  Trump is, in my view, *VERY* intent on continuing to stoke his supporters anger.

HonestJohn

« Reply #291 on: October 20, 2016, 12:22:03 am »

That goes against 150 years of judicial precedent.  You are wrong.  Your candidate is wrong.

And stripping the citizenship of Americans is an unmitigated evil.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #292 on: October 20, 2016, 12:22:50 am »
It only disappears if the one stoking the anger disappears.  Trump is, in my view, *VERY* intent on continuing to stoke his supporters anger.

Well, Donald sees failure as disloyalty.  In prewar Japan, Seppuuku would be demanded. The Triads would demand a finger be taken. But Donald is merciful. He will give them a chance to atone by bearing the burden of his disappointment until face is restored.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #293 on: October 20, 2016, 12:34:17 am »
I must disagree.  If Hillary is elected we will have 4 years of a bad president ... if she lasts four years.  She is not the ideologue about muslims that Obama is so we've got that.  A lot of no-trump votes are voting down ticket so we may not lose the house and Senate ... we usually win that.  Hillary does not have the Black support that automatically went to Obama.  She will not be elected again.  She wouldn't have been elected this time if certain events hadn't conspired to somehow make the unthinkable happen.

But we cannot put Trump in as a Republican/conservative candidate.  He is a horrible dirty joke and not fit to represent the party.  If he is roundly defeated, as he will be, the party can regroup and try to redeem itself.  We do have some good leaders and they will need to rise up and have courage.  Ted Cruz is one.  Mike Lee another.

Hillary may not be elected again; but with her importing hundreds of thousands of Muslim refugees and granting amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants the demographics of this country change; those new voters will be voting DEM; therefore we won't see another REP win an election and states that were blue will be red.  The good leaders that we have will be voted out of office in 2018; some may survive until 2020.  This country will be overrun by immigrants led by progressive liberals; the sovereignty of this country will be lost.  Perhaps in the future people like Cruz or Lee may decide to rise up to form another party or join the Constitution party if it still exists, but I don't see a whole lot of hope for this country in the near future should Hillary become our president.  In fact, we will lose our country.  It will be over.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

HonestJohn

« Reply #294 on: October 20, 2016, 12:34:24 am »
I don't think it can be retroactive.  Once a citizen then that is it.  I think it is just about correcting court overreach.  If we believe in the idea of anchor babies, let the legislators vote for it.  The courts overstepped by attaching that to the 14th Amendment.   It was a violation of the separation of powers.  Where is the check on the judiciary?

Not that I believe Trump about this or anything else.

The courts overreached?

It went to the Supreme court.  It's been settled.

Until Trump made it an issue.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #295 on: October 20, 2016, 12:35:12 am »
Hillary may not be elected again; but with her importing hundreds of thousands of Muslim refugees and granting amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants the demographics of this country change; those new voters will be voting DEM; therefore we won't see another REP win an election and states that were blue will be red.  The good leaders that we have will be voted out of office in 2018; some may survive until 2020.  This country will be overrun by immigrants led by progressive liberals; the sovereignty of this country will be lost.  Perhaps in the future people like Cruz or Lee may decide to rise up to form another party or join the Constitution party if it still exists, but I don't see a whole lot of hope for this country in the near future should Hillary become our president.  In fact, we will lose our country.  It will be over.

Yep.  Some lines can't be uncrossed.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #296 on: October 20, 2016, 12:42:54 am »

So then, in keeping with the interpretation style favored by you and the great orange constitutional scholar, since the stated purpose of the 2nd Amendment was to establish a "well regulated militia" and as a result of our standing army and National Guard providing for the security of the State, private ownership of firearms is not protected by the BoR.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #297 on: October 20, 2016, 12:44:49 am »
Yes the courts overreached.  They do it all the time.

As for the anchor baby issue, Trump did not start that.  It has been a complaint of conservatives for years.  If you want to have that, it is the job of the legislature to pass a bill and a president to sign it. 

http://downtrend.com/brian-carey/mark-levin-explains-why-the-14th-amendment-doesnt-give-anchor-babies-american-citizenship

"Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

Where is that slave thing you're all talking about?

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #298 on: October 20, 2016, 12:53:54 am »
"Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

Where is that slave thing you're all talking about?

Louis, forgive me but, these words you speak... I don't think you grasp the gravity here, what it is you're asking.

Donald did not write these words and they hold no power over him. You are asking this man to be disloyal to Donald. Don't you realize what that means? To accept your 'constitution' and 'BOR' he would have to accept a higher authority than Donald.

No I think we can agree such a concept is absurd on it's face. The mere thought of something greater than Donald? Preposterous! Clearly this is a troll to bait him into an at of disloyalty. You cannot possibly expect him to disappoint Donald?

Offline beandog

« Reply #299 on: October 20, 2016, 12:54:37 am »
HW Bush said he is voting for Clinton. W Bush calls Bill a brother from a different mother. Jeb refuses to honor is pledge to support the GOP nominee. The entire Bush family SUCKS, F them. W was one of the worse presidents ever, Ws' legacy is Obama and if polls are correct Hillary. Thanks a lot W Bush.
How convenient of you to forgot that it wasn't too long ago that the Donald was big buds with the Clintons.  So much so that he invited them to his third wedding.  He even said what a great president the Beast would make and defended Bill.  His daughter was also big buds with the Clinton's daughter.  I have know doubt both he and his children voted for the Beast when she was the Senator in New York.  It wasn't until he got bored with his life and decided the run for president that he then determined she was a bad person.  I guess that means the the entire tRump family sucks.