Author Topic: WSJ: The Cheap Moralizing of Never Trump  (Read 67913 times)

Offline Norm Lenhart

Re: WSJ: The Cheap Moralizing of Never Trump
« Reply #225 on: October 19, 2016, 09:39:37 pm »
Maybe one of the Trump Militants bit him?

Oh God it's contagious?????

Silver Pines

« Reply #226 on: October 19, 2016, 09:40:58 pm »
@Suppressed

It tells you that, but it doesn't say that objectively.

Nor does it need to.  You're responding to selective parts of my post, so I'll ask again---if he didn't ask before he kissed them, do you think he asked, "Can I grab your p-word?"

Do you really think that happened? 

Again---do gropers ask permission to do their thing?  Or do they just grope?

Was the sailor who kissed the nurse on V-E Day a sexual assaulter?
He was moreso than someone who goes up to kiss someone and they let him.

Seriously?  Kissing is not the sexual assault---it's the grabbing of the crotch.  The genitals, the private area, whatever.  You didn't miss that part, did you?

The fact that he said "they let you do it" means that there was some point at which they could have not let him do it.  Was he leaning in and seeing whether they'd let him or not?

It means they let him get away with it and he suffered no consequences.  Now you're assuming he was leaning in and testing the waters; he neither said nor implied it.

We don't know whether he would have forced himself on them.  Perhaps you say he would have; I say we don't know.

I don't say he would have.  He said he did.

Did the women feel intimidated and unable to say no?  Perhaps, but again, we don't know from his words.

"When you're a star, they let you do it...you can do anything."  He said that.

My point is that the statement is ambiguous, at worst.  Nothing from his words says that he is admitting sexual assault.

Rudy Giuliani, the former prosecutor, admitted it was assault, but you conveniently edited out that part of my post.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 09:41:41 pm by CatherineofAragon »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #227 on: October 19, 2016, 09:44:55 pm »
I will say this....I do not understand how people here think that lil ol TBR is gonna decide this election...read the polls...if you believe them..over 60% of Americans have said no to Trump....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #228 on: October 19, 2016, 09:46:35 pm »
Damn, this is my old world at TOS.

Congratulations Norm:  You're a loudmouthed Eunuch.  You're a punk.

Okay, I'm out of here.  I don't like you people.  Good luck with the Hillary Presidency.
Well don't forget to pick up your free complimentary crying towel on the way out, oh by the way what kind of person is it that stoops to insults in an argument, oh wait I know a Trump supporter.

Silver Pines

« Reply #229 on: October 19, 2016, 09:50:32 pm »
Only some of them, @CatherineofAragon .

There's been a lot of support from the real conservatives (and real men) here in defense of the dignity of women.

I'll have to admit though, that in the big picture with the support for or excusing of Donald's assault against women, there has been a frightening realization that the left's attack has not been totally without merit.

There definitely are pigs on our side of the aisle.....   **nononono*

@musiclady

You're exactly right.  It is only some of them. 

It's just one more instance of 2016 being an eye-opening reveal.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #230 on: October 19, 2016, 09:54:56 pm »

Trump comments and behavior was indefensible. Is voting for Trump tantamount to supporting Trump in your eyes?

I think that  liberal dominated USSC will make life terrible for all Americans, including women.

No.  I have said repeatedly that I understand those who feel they need to vote for Trump reluctantly, because Hillary is so bad, so I know that there are those who vote for him who do not "support" him.

That said, there are those "on our side" who really have said that what Donald did was no big deal..... the equivalent of "locker room" talk......... and that is patently false, and completely dismissive of Trump's very real degradation of women on a regular basis, and in this case, his molestation. (Carson's and Falwell's sin in supporting Trump is egregious).

I also believe that the SC hope is based on nothing but air.  There is absolutely nothing in Trump's life, past or present, to give anyone any real hope that he will nominate anyone but a liberal to the SC.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #231 on: October 19, 2016, 09:57:08 pm »
I will say this....I do not understand how people here think that lil ol TBR is gonna decide this election...read the polls...if you believe them..over 60% of Americans have said no to Trump....

Revenge for Romney

An inability to have any ability to get their candidate into the winners circle.

Anger because the country and their 'own' side of the aisle generally speaking/the right (for the sake of argument) rejected their candidate.

Because they are realizing that they arent going to win and can't accept it.

Because mostly they don't want to be wrong and have to deal with the blowback for their actions.

There are many reasons really. It's the same in any forum. People cant control their own little corner of the bigger picture and it's infuriating.

Silver Pines

« Reply #232 on: October 19, 2016, 09:59:04 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

I don't think they are on our side of the aisle. That mindset, by definition is not one based in conservatism. They may otherwise have conservative beliefs but respect for women is a core of chivalry, conservatism and basic JudeoChristian morality. Anyone that would bench that over a political candidate simply is not conservative.

Now someone make me a damn sammich! ;)

@Norm Lenhart, my impulse is to post the frying-pan emoticon, but after that post, I can't bring myself to do it.

I'll get your sandwich, dammit. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #233 on: October 19, 2016, 10:00:23 pm »
@musiclady

You're exactly right.  It is only some of them. 

It's just one more instance of 2016 being an eye-opening reveal.

Amen to that!   The revelations have literally taken my breath away.

The lengths and depths that people have gone to support the evil of Donald Trump are frightening.

And as a Christian, I truly believe that some are putting themselves in spiritual peril by supporting the outright sin of Donald Trump.....especially those who claim to be spiritual leaders.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #234 on: October 19, 2016, 10:01:07 pm »
@Norm Lenhart, my impulse is to post the frying-pan emoticon, but after that post, I can't bring myself to do it.

I'll get your sandwich, dammit.

And my slippers? Theres a good girl...

(runs quickly to the nearest closet/locks self in ;)

Offline musiclady

« Reply #235 on: October 19, 2016, 10:03:31 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

I don't think they are on our side of the aisle. That mindset, by definition is not one based in conservatism. They may otherwise have conservative beliefs but respect for women is a core of chivalry, conservatism and basic JudeoChristian morality. Anyone that would bench that over a political candidate simply is not conservative.

You are absolutely right that there is nothing conservative about degrading and debasing women.

Yet another way that Donald Trump proves his liberalism........ and anyone supporting his misogyny.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #236 on: October 19, 2016, 10:07:42 pm »
Make your mark   Tell us who you are voting for or against.

I am against.   :seeya:

(In my state, your presidential options include "None of These Candidates." That's my vote for president this time
around. It's the only vote a reasonable man can make without wanting to puke. If the American people were so all wise as to see a national
house on fire and offer us little more than a choice of arsonists to fight the fire, all they've done is prove H.L. Mencken right about
democracy: the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it, good and hard . . . )

« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 10:08:30 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #237 on: October 19, 2016, 10:10:29 pm »
Arne is correct but I think what people get will be similar to all of those who wanted Obamacare, got it and now, see it is terrible.

No way, is Trump worse than the Bush dynasty, and we owe him for really overthrowing such Gloabalists and Elitists.

LOL!  Your hatred of the Bushes is approaching a psychosis. They are saying nothing, yet you can't resist trashing them because they won't bend the knee in front of Trump.

Trump is a mental case.  That you and other Trumpkins think his behavior is within normal parameters reveals your cult-like worship. 

It appears Trump is going to be crushed, which is the only way to kill this foolishness of a "rigged election" and to bury his ridiculous behavior and populist notions.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #238 on: October 19, 2016, 10:12:03 pm »
It's amazing that we used to make fun of the Trump "cult".

This site right now?  It's a "NeverTrump" cult.

Enjoy Hillary!  You're working toward her power.
Now, that's where you lost it.

It is a site where there happen to be a group of people running the gamut from:

:blank: browbeating desperate Trump supporters so terrified of Hillary they don't know whether to defecate or go blind, lashing out at anyone who does not share that pant-pissing fear,

to
 :blank: people who have decided to vote for Trump in the hope he will be at least less effective at damaging the country than Hillary and may even, by accident or design, actually do a little good
to:
 :blank: people who have decided they cannot support Hillary but for reasons of absent credibility and other deep character flaws, along with Trump's past positions can't support Trump either and remain undecided.
to:
 :blank: People who find Trump so repugnant to their values and who have no reason to believe he'd fulfill any of his promises (a Hillary in GOP clothing) who will not sanction him with a vote because it would effectively end any voice for Conservatives in the GOP and any semblance of moral high ground for the party (in essence, to try to save the conservative movement)
to:
 :blank: People who can't vote for her, but who realize that if he proposes identical programs with a GOP Congress they will be whisked through even faster than the GOP caved to Obama, and frankly, don't trust him not to (as he has already talked of for child care--a huge entitlement), so they won't vote for him either.

We all agree either of them will be a disaster, some think he will be marginally less so than she will, and will vote for him for that reason. Some of us believe he will so tarnish the brand, so to speak, that Conservatives will lose their place at the table completely.

Many of us will vote for third party candidates or write them in if they aren't on the ballot in our state, candidates with either a platform we find credible and can vote for, or to build another party, anticipating the demise of the GOP. The GOP has made it clear there is no place for conservatives in the party, repeatedly since Reagan (who was a  fluke, frankly), by paying lip service to us during the campaign and throwing us under the bus as the ballots were counted. Now, this time, it has gone beyond that. By ensuring the party rules will have open primaries allowed next time, the GOP is open to the same crossover vote influence in the future which has helped make this mess we're in.

Me, after nearly 40 years of being a Republican, I'm done with it. I'm voting my conscience. If enough good people would, we'd stop the liberals in their tracks.
YMMV
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 10:56:43 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

HonestJohn

« Reply #239 on: October 19, 2016, 10:14:54 pm »
I am against.   :seeya:

(In my state, your presidential options include "None of These Candidates." That's my vote for president this time
around. It's the only vote a reasonable man can make without wanting to puke. If the American people were so all wise as to see a national
house on fire and offer us little more than a choice of arsonists to fight the fire, all they've done is prove H.L. Mencken right about
democracy: the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it, good and hard . . . )

I like these guys:

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #240 on: October 19, 2016, 10:16:00 pm »
LOL!  Your hatred of the Bushes is approaching a psychosis. They are saying nothing, yet you can't resist trashing them because they won't bend the knee in front of Trump.

The problem is that he objects to the Bushes for the wrong reason . . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Silver Pines

« Reply #241 on: October 19, 2016, 10:17:24 pm »
And my slippers? Theres a good girl...

(runs quickly to the nearest closet/locks self in ;)

@Norm Lenhart

Yeah, you better be hoping that lock is strong, too...

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #242 on: October 19, 2016, 10:19:08 pm »
@Norm Lenhart

Yeah, you better be hoping that lock is strong, too...

YOUCANTBUZEME!!!!!!! I'm the chosen of Talos!

(Lydia? Help me!.....)

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #243 on: October 19, 2016, 10:19:35 pm »
I like these guys:

The guy on the right has potential . . .  :beer:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #244 on: October 19, 2016, 10:22:07 pm »

Yep.  The danger of a forum is the illusion that it somehow represents any significant group outside of it. 

Trump is GOING to lose, unless Hillary totally falls apart in the debate.  There is now no external event-including a terrorist attack here- that would propel Trump to the presidency.  The cake is baked. 

Trump seems intent on burning things down, but I agree with Mike Murphy who said earlier today that the GOP can easily be put back together.

Trump and his supporters are an aberration and they will blow away with the wind. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #245 on: October 19, 2016, 10:24:44 pm »
The guy on the right has potential . . .  :beer:

"Give me X-15 Cruise Basselopes or give me death"
-Patrick Henry

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #246 on: October 19, 2016, 10:24:59 pm »

But, y'all go ahead, vote Darryl Castle 2016.
Don't worry. I will. Now doesn't that just skid yer britches?

BTW, none of your petty  insults will convince me to vote for someone I wouldn't vote for at gunpoint.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #247 on: October 19, 2016, 10:25:58 pm »
The problem is that he objects to the Bushes for the wrong reason . . .

I have less animus for George W. than I do for his Father.    I fault George HW Bush for horribly damaging the nation.   

Breaking that promise elected Clinton.    The day he did it I was screaming at the radio about what a fool he was.   I knew they would use that broken promise to paint him as a "liar"  in the next election.   

By breaking that Promise,   he gave us a Nuclear armed North Korea,  Homosexuals in the military,  Technology transfers to foreign governments,   the Assault weapons ban,   the failure to capture Osama bin Laden,  and therefore the 911 terrorist attack,   several Liberal supreme court and many federal court Liberal judges who make up law from the bench,   and a seemingly endless stream of other disasters of varying levels of horrible.   

George HW Bush was a horrible President,  and he badly damaged the conservative movement. 

George HW Bush was the worst mistake Reagan ever made.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #248 on: October 19, 2016, 10:26:38 pm »

Trump and his supporters are an aberration and they will blow away with the wind.

Unfortunately they won't. they will blend back in to the right wing population only to reemerge at crucial points once again sabotaging any move towards conservatism.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #249 on: October 19, 2016, 10:28:40 pm »
Now, that's where you lost it.

It is a site where there happen to be a group of people running the gamut from:

:blank: browbeating desperate Trump supporters so terrified of Hillary they don't know whether to defecate or go blind, lashing out at anyone who does not shear that pant pissing fear,

to
 :blank: people who have decided to vote for Trump in the hope he will be at least less effective at damaging the country than Hillary and may even, by accident or design, actually do a little good
to:
 :blank: people who have decided they cannot support Hillary but for reasons of absent credibility and other deep character flaws, along with Trump's past positions can't support Trump either and remain undecided.
to:
 :blank: People who find Trump so repugnant to their values and who have no reason to believe he'd fulfill any of his promises (a Hillary in GOP clothing) who will not sanction him with a vote because it would effectively end any voice for Conservatives in the GOP and any semblance of moral high ground for the party (in essence, to try to save the conservative movement)
to:
 :blank: People who can't vote for her, but who realize that if he proposes identical programs with a GOP Congress they will be whisked through even faster than the GOP caved to Obama, and frankly, don't trust him not to (as he has already talked of for child care--a huge entitlement), so they won't vote for him either.

We all agree either of them will be a disaster, some think he will be marginally less so than she will, and will vote for him for that reason. Some of us believe he will so tarnish the brand, so to speak, that Conservatives will lose their place at the table completely.

Many of us will vote for third party candidates or write them in if they aren't on the ballot in our state, candidates with either a platform we find credible and can vote for, or to build another party, anticipating the demise of the GOP. The GOP has made it clear there is no place for conservatives in the party, repeatedly since Reagan (who was a  fluke, frankly), by paying lip service to us during the campaign and throwing us under the bus as the ballots were counted. Now, this time, it has gone beyond that. By ensuring the party rules will have open primaries allowed next time, the GOP is open to the same crossover vote influence in the future which has helped make this mess we're in.

Me, after nearly 40 years of being a Republican, I'm done with it. I'm voting my conscience. If enough good people would, we'd stop the liberals in their tracks.
YMMV

Good post Joe
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34