Author Topic: WSJ: The Cheap Moralizing of Never Trump  (Read 67834 times)

Offline corbe

Re: WSJ: The Cheap Moralizing of Never Trump
« Reply #625 on: October 22, 2016, 04:23:24 pm »
@jpsb

That's kind of an odd thing to say.  I've never given a though to the size of my "audience', nor even considered it such, no matter where I post.

You ought to be informed about the relative sizes of the two forums, though.  It's true that TOS is larger.  However, since the early part of the year TBR has received about 500 new members from FR (and if that figure is wrong, someone please correct me).

The traffic and the posting at FR is way down; Jim and company are living in the past, when the site had a bit of actual influence and status.  Now, it's known all over the internet as a joke, a fringe kook gathering.  Also, I've been told that in local political circles, anyone who mentions FR gets laughed at.

That's to be expected when you have members saying the Trump News Network will be even better than Infowars. 

Thanks to the good grace of Myst and her fellow collaborators and the highly insightful people that reside here (@jpsb, excluded), I have found a Home and feel really blessed, regardless of audience, It's Quality, not quantity!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #626 on: October 22, 2016, 04:32:32 pm »
A fundamental problem is the system by which the party selects the candidate.

Open primaries are ridiculous. Perhaps we'll see that closed off in some states.

But The Party won't change FPTP voting, as it helps the Establishment candidates and hurts conservative challengers (and who knows whether Americans are bright enough for anything else!).

I agree, but it's obviously what the GOP leaders want.  They apparently think it is to their benefit to have open, manipulable primaries.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #627 on: October 22, 2016, 04:33:19 pm »
You are entitled to your opinion, I just think your stupid and I've not told anyone here to shut up.

Your stupid what?

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #628 on: October 22, 2016, 04:49:03 pm »
Your stupid what?

oh pick me pick me your stupid you are did i win what did i win i hope i won the internets
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #629 on: October 22, 2016, 04:53:11 pm »
oh pick me pick me your stupid you are did i win what did i win i hope i won the internets

You did!  Send me your address and I'll have it delivered.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #630 on: October 22, 2016, 04:53:48 pm »

He's flailing in depression because he was disloyal to Donald. He failed to bring us to heel. I expect his outbursts will intensify. He needs to atone and he can't do it. Donald has disapproved of his failure but he seeks to reunite with the holy light from Trump tower.

Next he'll call us doodoo heads in the vain hope Donald will see his post and forgive him.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #631 on: October 22, 2016, 05:15:10 pm »
You did!  Send me your address and I'll have it delivered.

bighead @shelleyidaho  I can send a runner. But a nice present in the mail would be good. Cause about all I get in the mail are Bills. No Toms. No Harrys. A few Dicks but I think those are close friends with all the Bills.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online roamer_1

« Reply #632 on: October 22, 2016, 07:04:22 pm »
   Thanks to the good grace of Myst and her fellow collaborators and the highly insightful people that reside here (@jpsb, excluded), I have found a Home and feel really blessed, regardless of audience, It's Quality, not quantity!

Dittos!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #633 on: October 22, 2016, 07:19:05 pm »
I agree, but it's obviously what the GOP leaders want.  They apparently think it is to their benefit to have open, manipulable primaries.

And thanks to Donald Trump, the GOP Establishment now has even more power to ensure that continues.

The whole reason for Colorado not holding a straw poll primary was to stand up to and fight against the RNC.  And Trump took the RNC's side even while his supporters incessantly lied about him fighting against the GOP-E.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #634 on: October 22, 2016, 07:36:23 pm »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #635 on: October 22, 2016, 07:56:20 pm »
He's flailing in depression because he was disloyal to Donald. He failed to bring us to heel. I expect his outbursts will intensify. He needs to atone and he can't do it. Donald has disapproved of his failure but he seeks to reunite with the holy light from Trump tower.

Next he'll call us doodoo heads in the vain hope Donald will see his post and forgive him.

You are cracking me up!  Thanx, I needed a laugh.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

HonestJohn

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #637 on: October 22, 2016, 08:02:22 pm »
Wow, I feel for you, dude.  Banished to have to hang out with the likes of us!  Oh, the tragedy.

Yes, me, too.  I am crying as I type.  However, that huge, influential website that he left is getting smaller and less influential by the minute.

Not that many posts at TOS now.

Nothing negative about 'trump can be permitted so a lot of general posts with 5 to 20 responses.

Even the live appearance of the OG threads are now about 25 long, compared to a thousand or more in the past.

It's over, over there.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #639 on: October 22, 2016, 08:28:47 pm »
Your source is known liar Sundance at the nuthouse and a Youtube video?

Seventeen more days until election day, and Trump supporters are still attacking Ted Cruz.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #640 on: October 22, 2016, 08:37:53 pm »

Well...

* We know Donald believes people who fail him are being disloyal.

* We know Donald gets disappointed any time his desires are not fulfilled 100%

*We know that his true believers think that before the sun rises, Donald has to give it permission.

*We know they have literally composed and posted prayers to him, created memes with him as Jesus, Washington, and a host of other revered and worshipped figures.

So it is only logical to conclude that because his cultists here failed him so thoroughly in bringing us under the will of Landru II, that Donald must in fact be disappointed in them. Thus disloyal. Because he has made no secret of his view of failure.

Since Donald is disappointed in their disloyalty, it stands to reason they will attempt to 'return to his holy light' by increasing their attacks on us.

Since we ALSO know that his cult mimics him by parroting his mannerisms and words "crooked Hillary/Lying Ted etc., they will continue to do so.

Thus 'doodoo head', because a child's intelligence level is all he can really muster.

Yea, it is funny. But PATHETIC funny as well because in making a joke about it, it's really disgusting to realize that the above really isn't a complete fabrication. Their actions show they really think that way.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #641 on: October 22, 2016, 08:50:05 pm »
Seventeen more days until election day, and Trump supporters are still attacking Ted Cruz.

Shows you who their enemies are.

CONSERVATIVES.   NOT Democrats.

And they don't even hide it.....  **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #642 on: October 22, 2016, 09:04:30 pm »

Yes, I love it when @Norm Lenhart gets on a roll! 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #643 on: October 22, 2016, 11:49:03 pm »

Candidate Trump is a return to a more traditional form of Republicanism. A little more socially liberal than I like but vastly superior to any form of neocon-ism.

Only in the suspend Habeas Corpus, place a state legislature under house arrest, invade that State with alien armies, and burn and loot half a dozen states into submission sort of way.

The result of that was that half the country voted Democrat for a hundred years.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #644 on: October 22, 2016, 11:58:08 pm »
I see you are back in your fantasy world again.

For weeks before Trump reTweeted an unflattering picture of Mrs Cruz the Cruz campaign had been smearing Mrs Trump as morally unfit to be the first lady of the USA. Calling her a slut. Circulating old semi-nude pictures from her modeling days. Cruz started the wive wars when he allowed his campaign to attack Trumps wife Melania.  It was despicable of Ted Cruz to do so.  Below is a picture of Melania watching over Cruz's children and he repays her kindness by calling her a slut? FUTC.

Google Liz Mair's Make America Awesome PAC. The picture of Mrs Trump used came from a GQ photo shoot and was used as a Magazine cover image in Europe.

The image not only wasn't connected to Cruz except by the most ridiculous tinfoil hat means, but was claimed by the Make America Awesome PAC, who were pro-Rubio and definitely anti-Trump.

Nor was the image produced or obtained by surreptitious means: It was a model-released image for which Mrs Trump had been compensated. To deflect the fact that the image even existed, Trump declared war on the people closest to him in the race. Only one little problem.

Ted, and especially Heidi Cruz had nothing to do with the ad.

Trump attacked the wrong people, when he found out the truth he lied to justify the attack, and proceeded to keep attacking the wrong people. (and lying about it).

If I hadn't thought Trump unfit to command strategic forces prior to that, I damned sure KNEW he was unfit to command strategic forces after that incident.

If you anti-Bushites think "W' attacked the wrong people after 9/11 in Iraq, you're backing the same basic principle when Trump does it during a campaign. That speaks volumes about your character, too.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #645 on: October 23, 2016, 12:04:48 am »
That is a lie.
Nope. Liz Mair's PAC admitted running the ad, in fact early versions had the little attribution line at the bottom, conspicuously scrubbed off the ad by the time Trump was attacking Cruz with it.

Cruz had said "That's not one of ours." in reference to the ad, and the Trumpettes on TOS were blaring that Cruz hadn't disavowed it enough(WTF?). Which led to an ongoing question of just what was needed to be 'enough' disavowal? Fireworks displays? Halftime shows? What, exactly could disavow something more than saying you had nothing to do with it?

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #646 on: October 23, 2016, 12:08:24 am »
Nope. Liz Mair's PAC admitted running the ad, in fact early versions had the little attribution line at the bottom, conspicuously scrubbed off the ad by the time Trump was attacking Cruz with it.

Cruz had said "That's not one of ours." in reference to the ad, and the Trumpettes on TOS were blaring that Cruz hadn't disavowed it enough(WTF?). Which led to an ongoing question of just what was needed to be 'enough' disavowal? Fireworks displays? Halftime shows? What, exactly could disavow something more than saying you had nothing to do with it?

jpsb is a pure 110% Trump drone.  No thought...no speaking his own words...just repeat whatever he's told to by the Trump campaign even when it's been throughly debunked and proven false.

You'll do better to and have more cognitive reactions from your family pet talking about this stuff than you will with a Trump drone.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #647 on: October 23, 2016, 12:56:55 am »
jpsb is a pure 110% Trump drone.  No thought...no speaking his own words...just repeat whatever he's told to by the Trump campaign even when it's been throughly debunked and proven false.

You'll do better to and have more cognitive reactions from your family pet talking about this stuff than you will with a Trump drone.
I would, but my family pet might become incontinent for the first time since he was three days in the house.  **nononono* I don't want to subject a good dog to such trauma.

C S Lewis

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #648 on: October 23, 2016, 01:46:55 am »
Of course DT blamed Cruz for the pic of mulaneea..........same reason he said Dr. Carson was a pedophile. 
He himself stated he made the charge because Dr. Carson was beating him in New Hampshire.
DT knew Cruz was his most potent opponent.  Out came the madness.  nd the msm was only too happy to broadcast the charges against Raphael Cruz.......for being somehow involved with the JFK assassination.
And now we have the candidate trashing the media.  Hah.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #649 on: October 23, 2016, 02:16:50 am »
Of course DT blamed Cruz for the pic of mulaneea..........same reason he said Dr. Carson was a pedophile. 
He himself stated he made the charge because Dr. Carson was beating him in New Hampshire.
DT knew Cruz was his most potent opponent.  Out came the madness.  nd the msm was only too happy to broadcast the charges against Raphael Cruz.......for being somehow involved with the JFK assassination.
And now we have the candidate trashing the media.  Hah.
What gets me about that whole dust-up, even beyond the who hit who of it, is that the pictures existed in the first place. The whole finger-pointing episode only draws attention from the fact that she was posing in the nude for money before all this came about.
Otherwise, there wouldn't have been images to have fits about.
That little issue gets kicked to the sidelines in the ensuing attacks on people who didn't deserve it.
They wouldn't just be selling hot dogs around the Mall...
(Psssst! Hey buddy! Have any naked pictures of the First Lady? Wanna buy some???)

C S Lewis