Author Topic: Trump descends into ideological psychosis  (Read 5398 times)

Silver Pines

Re: Trump descends into ideological psychosis
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2016, 01:25:44 pm »
No you own it, go visit Paul Ryans' facebook page to see what everyone not for Hillary thinks of NeverTrumpers.
I'll note that you can not refute my argument all you've got is "Trump is bad", "Trump is a liar" perhaps but Trump is the only chance we have to save the republic so I'm with Trump.

@jpsb

See?  The subject of Trump's current rant happens to be Paul Ryan, so you pick it up and parrot it. 

Like I said, he's an oaf but he can sure as hell con and manipulate the susceptible.

Thanks a lot for the Clinton presidency.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2016, 01:26:00 pm »
We will be warned.  The sane among us will not make the same mistake again.

And if that holds true, and I pray it does, we can begin to fix this. It's the only hope we have of ever fixing this.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2016, 01:28:00 pm »
@jpsb

See?  The subject of Trump's current rant happens to be Paul Ryan, so you pick it up and parrot it. 

Like I said, he's an oaf but he can sure as hell con and manipulate the susceptible.

If one of them ever had an original thought RE Trump, I genuinely wanna see it because I don't believe it's ever happened.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2016, 01:34:49 pm »
@jpsb

Your candidate lost fair and square so now like a spoiled brat you're going to help destroy the country out of pure spite by helping to elect Hillary. Very sad.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2016, 01:36:01 pm »
(6) Trump's final appeal is also corrupting a portion of the public and crossing moral lines that won't be easily uncrossed. There are certain qualities of heart and mind that allow for self-government -- civility, tolerance and mutual respect. In his rage and ruthlessness, Trump is inviting Americans to drink from a poisoned well. One problem is the risk of physical violence -- the possible influence of unhinged rhetoric on an unbalanced mind. The broader result is radical polarization in which citizens question the legitimacy of elections and view some fellow citizens as enemies.

(7) Practically, Trump's downward spiral means that House Speaker Paul Ryan, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus will need to repudiate the nominee before the end -- after they have shed the last of their credibility. The political argument against repudiation is admittedly strong. It could ignite a self-destructive civil war within the GOP just before an election. But history generally does not remember good political arguments. It remembers acts of conscience in the face of them. It is time, and past time, for Republican leaders to do the right thing.

"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2016, 01:58:43 pm »
Enjoy Madame President, you earned her.

I know that you're desperate to blame others for your own sins, but would you PLEASE stop with this lie??

If liberal, corrupt, crazy hateful Donald weren't the faux Republican nominee, we wouldn't HAVE a President Hillary.

"Republican" primary voters who forced this liberal creep on us, are solely responsible for "Madame President."

You know it full well, and your continued repetition of this blatant lie about CONSERVATIVES is repugnant.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 01:59:15 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2016, 02:13:29 pm »
I know that you're desperate to blame others for your own sins, but would you PLEASE stop with this lie??

Reply 28 in this thread works for you @musiclady too. This is post I explain why your assertion is entirely and wholly incorrect. So far not one NeverTrumper has brother to read it or make a substanced  rebuttal. Perhaps you will pleasantly surprise me and give it a go.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 02:14:40 pm by jpsb »

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2016, 02:14:15 pm »

If liberal, corrupt, crazy hateful Donald weren't the faux Republican nominee, we wouldn't HAVE a President Hillary.

"Republican" primary voters who forced this liberal creep on us, are solely responsible for "Madame President."

You know it full well, and your continued repetition of this blatant lie about CONSERVATIVES is repugnant.

Liars lie. It's what they do.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2016, 02:19:51 pm »
Liars lie. It's what they do.

Again do you ever make any kind of meaningful contribution to the conservation? All I ever see in feet stamping, back slapping and insults. I suppose you are getting your jollies but from my perspective it is very tiresome to read you. I do not do ignores but if I did ......

Offline jpsb

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2016, 03:05:16 pm »
@jpsb

Paul Ryan the face of NeverTrump, he is refusing to help his parties nominee, he is effectively helping to elect Hillary and the people know it. This is Wisconsin BTW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLiupn-0mFg
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 03:06:23 pm by jpsb »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2016, 03:09:09 pm »
Paul Ryan the face of NeverTrump, he is refusing to help his parties nominee

I see the Pro-Liberal-Pro-Trump cadre has pulled out the Victim Card in true Democrat fashion.

Funny how that rule never gets applied to Trump.  It is OK for Trump to oppose Republican Congressional candidates, but not OK for Congressional candidates to oppose him.  More #NeverTurnDownAGlassOfKoolaid nonsense.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2016, 03:13:23 pm »
Again do you ever make any kind of meaningful contribution to the conservation? All I ever see in feet stamping, back slapping and insults. I suppose you are getting your jollies but from my perspective it is very tiresome to read you. I do not do ignores but if I did ......

How would you know if I did? I might have made a Socratean post filled the wisdom of the ages and You'd have missed it after being benched for making threats.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2016, 03:16:12 pm »
Trump must be defeated so soundly that his supporters never put forward anybody as crazy as him ever again.

Why do you think that will work? I think they'll just blame the GOP-e, the usual conservative scapegoats like the "MSM", and everybody but themselves (who is really who they should be blaming).

Offline musiclady

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2016, 03:33:23 pm »
Reply 28 in this thread works for you @musiclady too. This is post I explain why your assertion is entirely and wholly incorrect. So far not one NeverTrumper has brother to read it or make a substanced  rebuttal. Perhaps you will pleasantly surprise me and give it a go.

Actually, that post doesn't explain why you are correct in lying that we are supporting Hillary.

Nor does it explain why Trump is any better than Hillary in the issues that concern you.

Trump is a full blown globalist liberal, and I, as a conservative, oppose him for the same reason I oppose Hillary.

So I ask you again........ stop repeating the stupid lie that those of us who haven't fallen for Trump's phony lines and snake oil salesmanship are Hillary supporters.

Besides the fact that the Mods have asked you to stop doing so, your conscience should tell you to stop doing so.

I love America.  I love the Constitution.  Ergo, I reject BOTH Hillary and Donald.

They don't share a single value I have either morally or politically.

NOT.  ONE.  VALUE.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2016, 03:36:45 pm »

Why do you think that will work? I think they'll just blame the GOP-e, the usual conservative scapegoats like the "MSM", and everybody but themselves (who is really who they should be blaming).

They will indeed. But there will be so few of them admitting their Trump past out of shame that they are done as a force. THE PROBLEM is keeping them out of any movement thats conservative going forward so they cannot repeat the havoc they caused and again empower liberalism.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2016, 03:37:31 pm »
I see the Pro-Liberal-Pro-Trump cadre has pulled out the Victim Card in true Democrat fashion.

Funny how that rule never gets applied to Trump.  It is OK for Trump to oppose Republican Congressional candidates, but not OK for Congressional candidates to oppose him.  More #NeverTurnDownAGlassOfKoolaid nonsense.

Yes it is OK for Trump to call out anyone, GOPe RINOs, big media, big corporation, big banking that is helping to elect Hillary. Anyone.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2016, 03:38:59 pm »
Yes it is OK for Trump to call out anyone, GOPe RINOs, big media, big corporation, big banking that is helping to elect Hillary. Anyone.

Sure. But it's the height of hypocrisy. No one did more to elect Hillary than Donald Trump.

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2016, 03:56:38 pm »
Forget ideological.  His narcissism and megalomania had him in the psychotic category before that.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Oceander

« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2016, 03:58:21 pm »

Trump can blame it on the stars or the zodiac if he wants to; that doesn't make it true. 

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2016, 03:59:20 pm »

Exactly.  Trump's obsession with Cruz, Ryan, McCain, etc, instead of Hilary is why he will lose miserably.

Trump rather play whack-a-mole with his own party than engage the real enemy.   Enjoy defending this fool?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2016, 04:04:43 pm »

Except Trump, of course.  Your blatant double-standard is duly noted.  Democrats doing what Democrats do.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2016, 04:57:45 pm »

Cultists frequently require more than just a leader; they need a common enemy from whom that leader will protect them.

It is not enough to merely vest their hopes in a strongman; also: the enemy must be destroyed and perhaps more importantly, revenge must be served on an appropriately cold platter.

Any proper enemy must be given a name which which to identify and depersonalize it, to color it in the blackest of blacks to avoid the possibility of having to consider another point of view as potentially valid.

And thus, no matter the source of, reasons for, or depth of one's opposition to Donald Trump's candidacy, to his cult, we are all NeverTrump.  Or "globalists". Or "neocons". Or some such term of opprobrium.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline musiclady

« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2016, 04:58:52 pm »

Exactly.  Trump's obsession with Cruz, Ryan, McCain, etc, instead of Hilary is why he will lose miserably.

Trump rather play whack-a-mole with his own party than engage the real enemy.   Enjoy defending this fool?

Correction:  Trump is not playing "whack-a-mole" with his own party.  He is not a Republican, and he is bashing Republicans like any good Democrat would do.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2016, 05:22:38 pm »
Your candidate lost fair and square so now like a spoiled brat you're going to help destroy the country out of pure spite by helping to elect Hillary. Very sad.

How vile must a candidate be, for one to be "allowed" to not support him?

You see, it's not spite, but the candidate himself.  There are many I could vote for, even though my preferred candidate didn't win (though you do a bit of revisionism by stating "fair and square").  So it's not being a spoiled brat...it's that this candidate is not acceptable, as warned.

Trump was not preferred by a majority of voters, and the same can be said for the other GOP candidates.  However, many of those other candidates would have been considered acceptable by a larger number of voters.  The math isn't difficult, but it seems to be beyond those who are baffled why their candidate is losing so badly, as they were warned.

The biggest support Hillary has gotten in her goosestep to the White House has been from those people who rolled out a red carpet named Trump.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 05:23:13 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Oceander

« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2016, 05:27:05 pm »

There is no obligation to support a nominee who is simply not acceptable.  That is the problem:  you nominated someone who is simply too far across the line for most of us to support.  Blind obedience to party is something we used to laugh at the democrats for; now it's to become GOP orthodoxy?  I don't think so.  You should have taken this into account when you nominated Trump.  But you didn't; you are spoiled brats who chose hatred and spite instead of rational thought.  And now all of us are paying the price for your irrational hatred and spite.