Author Topic: Darrell Castle, Esq. Slip & Fall-Bankruptcy-SS Disability  (Read 4109 times)

Offline Longmire

Re: Darrell Castle, Esq. Slip & Fall-Bankruptcy-SS Disability
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2016, 01:07:56 am »

The giveaway is the popcorn. Look at how white it is. Look at how big it is, geez.

Makes sense...didn't the swastika originate in India?  :laugh:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2016, 01:42:10 am »
Seems to me popcorn came from the Indians (oh, feather, not dot).
The Navajo had swastikas, too, but they were turned the other way from those who shall not be mentioned here.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 01:43:11 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline endicom

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2016, 02:06:06 am »

As far as I can tell, that design is universal. In Vietnam we drove past a lone building set back in a broad field. It had a reverse swastika on the roof. It was obviously a religious symbol but of what I don't know.

geronl

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2016, 04:55:28 am »
Seems to me popcorn came from the Indians (oh, feather, not dot).
The Navajo had swastikas, too, but they were turned the other way from those who shall not be mentioned here.

That symbol can be found all over Asia and doesn't mean anything remotely like it did to the Third Reich

HonestJohn

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2016, 05:01:11 am »

As far as I can tell, that design is universal. In Vietnam we drove past a lone building set back in a broad field. It had a reverse swastika on the roof. It was obviously a religious symbol but of what I don't know.

It's Buddhist.  Maps in Asia have that symbol to denote Buddhist temples as well.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 05:02:20 am by HonestJohn »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2016, 04:38:13 pm »
Swastikas and reverse swastikas, or suavastika, have been used by Christians, Buddhists, Hindus, Jains, Jews, Pagans, other religions, organizations, tribes, various ethnic groups, nations, and empires, as well as in flags, all over the world long before Hitler. It's practically universal.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 04:38:58 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2016, 11:23:18 pm »
Swastikas and reverse swastikas, or suavastika, have been used by Christians, Buddhists, Hindus, Jains, Jews, Pagans, other religions, organizations, tribes, various ethnic groups, nations, and empires, as well as in flags, all over the world long before Hitler. It's practically universal.
Yep. Hitler's bunch gave the design a bad name.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2016, 04:31:30 am »
Yep. Hitler's bunch gave the design a bad name.

I know the Norse used it and Hitler had a big Odin worship thing going on. Bet that's where he stole it.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2016, 06:02:38 am »
I know the Norse used it and Hitler had a big Odin worship thing going on. Bet that's where he stole it.
I am not sure where exactly he got it, but many cultures regarded it as a symbol of good fortune, much like a four leaved clover, before he got a hold of it. Evil has a habit of soiling good things.
Look at what homosexuals have done to the rainbow, something Biblically mentioned as God's sign that He would never again destroy the world by water.

Genesis 9 (KJV)
13 I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.
14 And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud:
15 And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 06:10:13 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis