Author Topic: RUSH: It’s About Time For A HUGE BACKLASH Against The Media  (Read 27364 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: RUSH: It’s About Time For A HUGE BACKLASH Against The Media
« Reply #100 on: October 17, 2016, 04:58:06 pm »
We do the very thing you are so resistant to. Vote for a conservative when it actually matters, not make excuses as to why we empowered another liberal. I'm sure with minimal effort someone more conservative than Trump or Clinton will be on your ballot.

Fine, show me one!    I voted for Cruz in the primaries.  Not enough other folks did.

Show me a conservative with a chance of winning.   cmon man, its been the same for the last 3 elections.   You always vote for a loser and nothing changes.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #101 on: October 17, 2016, 05:00:26 pm »
Fine, show me one!    I voted for Cruz in the primaries.  Not enough other folks did.

Show me a conservative with a chance of winning.   cmon man, its been the same for the last 3 elections.   You always vote for a loser and nothing changes.

There will be someone on your ballot more conservative than Trump or Clinton. Castle, even Johnson. You can vote for that person or you can make excuses about why you empowered liberalism.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Offline beandog

« Reply #103 on: October 17, 2016, 05:22:49 pm »
I'm no fan of Rush,  but he's right that the mainstream media is risking a huge backlash.   They are clearly in the tank for Hillary Clinton,  and they obviously aren't in her corner because she's a paragon of virtue.    This has become a campaign of intimidation and shame- and every voter who feels the MSM is treating them like dirt has the power, in the sanctity of the voting booth,  to deliver a big EFF YOU.   
I 100% agree with you, except until this election I was a big Rush fan.  This election is about the media, not the Beast or the Donald.  If the Beast wins, the media wins.  That can't be allowed to happen or we are in big trouble.

As far as Rush, he has become so FOS it is difficult to have any respect for him.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #104 on: October 17, 2016, 05:23:47 pm »

Neither Benghazi nor the email scandal (there are multiple facets of this)   has been covered to the depth and extent that both scandals deserve.   

Both scandals have been so not covered.   

Not sure what news channel you were watching...but even in Germany two years ago I was getting a LOT of information about Benghazi and the scandal that surrounded it and the investigations.

Same thing last year and early this year with the email kerfuffle.

Perhaps you should change your news sources.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

geronl

« Reply #105 on: October 17, 2016, 05:30:58 pm »
@kevindavis
I've been in the same boat for several months.   At this point I'm tuning all of them out.   Trump is scary as heck but some of the people around him are good or at least good enough. 

Those people "around Trump" are having no effect on him, and never will.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #106 on: October 17, 2016, 05:34:45 pm »

That was written into the Constitution at a time in which almost all the states were slave states.   I think only Massachusetts had at that time abolished slavery.  (Through an activist judge re-interpreting law in  a manner it was never intended.)   

How is it a compromise when it was a condition prevalent in most states at that time?   Also at that particular time there was no consideration of there being a North vs South paradigm.   There was none of the hatred that later developed between the North and South.

Your knowledge of history is sorely lacking.  7 of the original 13 were free states.  New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey and Rhode Island. 

Deleware was the only exception in what were considered the Northern Colonies.  The slave states were the ones that sided with the South in the Civil War with one exception...Maryland.

So your theory about something that was in your words "prevalent" is blatantly false.  The majority of the original 13 were indeed free states.  They saw and did their best to prevent the southern states from using their slaves to pack the House of Representatives with slave friendly delegations.

Hence the 3/5th's compromise which has sadly been taken and completely twisted out of it's original meaning and purpose by opportunistic race hustling charlatans and the MSM.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #107 on: October 17, 2016, 05:36:54 pm »
There will be someone on your ballot more conservative than Trump or Clinton. Castle, even Johnson. You can vote for that person or you can make excuses about why you empowered liberalism.

@Norm Lenhart

Castle doesn't have a chance.   Johnson is hardly a conservative.   He's even more liberal than Trump.  Thats when he's not high as kite from smokin weed.

There are two candidates who have a chance of winning.   Both suck.    One sucks slightly less.

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Oceander

« Reply #108 on: October 17, 2016, 05:37:17 pm »
Your knowledge of history is sorely lacking.  7 of the original 13 were free states.  New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey and Rhode Island. 

Deleware was the only exception in what were considered the Northern Colonies.  The slave states were the ones that sided with the South in the Civil War with one exception...Maryland.

So your theory about something that was in your words "prevalent" is blatantly false.  The majority of the original 13 were indeed free states.  They saw and did their best to prevent the southern states from using their slaves to pack the House of Representatives with slave friendly delegations.

Hence the 3/5th's compromise which has sadly been taken and completely twisted out of it's original meaning and purpose by opportunistic race hustling charlatans and the MSM.

:thumbsup:

Oceander

« Reply #109 on: October 17, 2016, 05:38:20 pm »
@Norm Lenhart

Castle doesn't have a chance.   Johnson is hardly a conservative.   He's even more liberal than Trump.  Thats when he's not high as kite from smokin weed.

There are two candidates who have a chance of winning.   Both suck.    One sucks slightly less.

Both suck equally.  If one votes for one of the two, the only question is to whom would you rather whore yourself. 
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 05:38:40 pm by Oceander »

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #110 on: October 17, 2016, 05:38:58 pm »
@Norm Lenhart

@driftdriver

Exactly.. Unless we want Parliamentary form of Government either option a or option b will be President..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #111 on: October 17, 2016, 05:40:57 pm »

To be fair, the 3/5 compromise delayed the Civil War.. If there was no compromise, I think the Civil War could have happened sooner or there could have been no United States.. We would have been like Europe..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #112 on: October 17, 2016, 05:47:42 pm »
Not sure what news channel you were watching...but even in Germany two years ago I was getting a LOT of information about Benghazi and the scandal that surrounded it and the investigations.

Same thing last year and early this year with the email kerfuffle.

Perhaps you should change your news sources.

ABC News?   If the problem is my news source,  then millions of other Americans have the same problem. 

And that is exactly the problem of which I am speaking. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #113 on: October 17, 2016, 05:54:10 pm »
@Norm Lenhart

So you choose, again, to empower liberals rather than do something other than empowering liberals.

Why do they have no chance of winning? People like you. People comfortable in empowering a liberal rather than working toward a better option. You want your win now. You really don't care if you win with a liberal or the damage that comes from giving a liberal power. You just want to say you won, then go and complain about everything the person you elected does as if you were not partly responsible.

That's the bottom line isn't it? You have the option to vote for at least two people more conservative than Trump and you won't because the win is more important to you than what your win results in.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #114 on: October 17, 2016, 05:56:24 pm »

To be fair, the 3/5 compromise delayed the Civil War.. If there was no compromise, I think the Civil War could have happened sooner or there could have been no United States.. We would have been like Europe..

True...and democrats now...like democrats then have no problem shipping in cheap labor from foreign countries to work for them with the payment being a roof over their head and food in their belly...graciously provided by a master that controls every part of their life.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #115 on: October 17, 2016, 06:01:36 pm »
@mirraflake

It's always going to be that way with the media.  Our job was to avoid nominating the one person who could give them the most material.

Does not work that way in the real world.

Not sure how old you are but my first election to vote was 1984 in college and I remember the election well and only 4 major newscast-ABC, CBS and NBC and CNN and I remember vividly how the press skewered Reagan and showed their bias and me yelling at the TV newscasters.

The liberal media will be biased and skewer anyone we nominate. Jesus himself would be cruci....if he was a conservative Republican

@CatherineofAragon

« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 06:02:12 pm by mirraflake »

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #116 on: October 17, 2016, 06:09:50 pm »

New York did not free the last slave until 1827.   They didn't even *START*  freeing slaves until  1799.   

Pennsylvania still had slaves as late as 1840. 

Connecticut  went till 1848 before it had eliminated slavery.

Massachusetts outlawed it by Judicial decree in 1781 which I already mentioned,  but it was not officially abolished until the 13th amendment in 1865.   

New Hampshire had slavery until 1857.   

New Jersey had slavery until 1846.

Rhode Island had slaves on the census until 1840.   

So my point stands.   At the time the US Constitution was written,  the vast majority of all Northern states were still slave states.   

Please.   You tell me *my*  history is bad,  and you say stuff like that?   Missouri was a Union state that had legal Slavery.  So was Kentucky.   So was West Virginia.    As for Maryland,  when you arrest members of the legislature who might have voted to secede,  you can  effectively stop a secession in that state. 

An oddity of history is that Slavery existed longer in the Union than it did in the confederacy.   

So your theory about something that was in your words "prevalent" is blatantly false.  The majority of the original 13 were indeed free states. 

Okay,  here is where you need to go back and do some research and learn the truth,  then come back and argue with me about it.

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #117 on: October 17, 2016, 06:11:05 pm »
@Norm Lenhart

That does seem to be a primary characteristic of "Libertarians." 
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #118 on: October 17, 2016, 06:13:16 pm »

:thumbsup:

You are "Up Voting"  someone who is factually wrong?   Did you not know he is factually wrong? 

Did you "Up Vote"  him because he told you something you wanted to hear even though it wasn't true? 

I won't do that.   I'll probably get down voted but I have this bad habit of telling people the truth even when they don't want to hear it. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #119 on: October 17, 2016, 06:16:24 pm »

So much bad meme,  so little time to correct it.   The Civil War was caused by money,  not slavery.    On your second point,  you are correct.   Without that 3/5ths clause,  the North and South would have never unified in the first place. 

England would have then likely picked off both sides and reestablished control over her former colonies.   

At the very least,  there never would have been a civil war because there never would have been a Union between the Northern and Southern States.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #120 on: October 17, 2016, 06:23:24 pm »
So you choose, again, to empower liberals rather than do something other than empowering liberals.

Voting for Castle or Johnson empowers Liberals.    We are facing a race in which liberals are least empowered by voting for Trump.   

Any other vote empowers Hillary.  This is a differential race.   You can either empower her by voting for her which gives her a +2 relative to Trump,  or by throwing away your vote,  which gives her a  +1 relative to Trump.   

You can give her a -2 by voting for Trump. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline aligncare

« Reply #121 on: October 17, 2016, 06:24:21 pm »

And which is more important in terms of significance to the nation?   

In perspective,  that Trump used vulgar language 11 years ago is a trivial matter compared to Hillary setting up a private server to avoid Freedom of Information act accountability,  and  her usage of this private server to transmit Secret government documents in a manner accessible by hackers.   

Hillary did in fact commit criminal acts in her efforts to avoid accountability.   It also appears she used this server and these emails to facilitate the selling  of her influence to foreign powers.   

The Hillary email scandal is orders of magnitude more significant than Trump's vulgar commentary.

Yes yes, but while she was setting up this illegal server, was she ever caught on tape using any foul language? Did she, did she? Noooo! So what's the problem?

There are at least two members here who said publicly they would vote for Hillary as the better choice. Why don't either of you come in and defend Ms. Clinton against these scurrilous chargers of illegality?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #122 on: October 17, 2016, 06:34:30 pm »

New York did not free the last slave until 1827.   They didn't even *START*  freeing slaves until  1799.   

Pennsylvania still had slaves as late as 1840. 

Connecticut  went till 1848 before it had eliminated slavery.

Massachusetts outlawed it by Judicial decree in 1781 which I already mentioned,  but it was not officially abolished until the 13th amendment in 1865.   

New Hampshire had slavery until 1857.   

New Jersey had slavery until 1846.

Rhode Island had slaves on the census until 1840.   

So my point stands.   At the time the US Constitution was written,  the vast majority of all Northern states were still slave states.   

Please.   You tell me *my*  history is bad,  and you say stuff like that?   Missouri was a Union state that had legal Slavery.  So was Kentucky.   So was West Virginia.    As for Maryland,  when you arrest members of the legislature who might have voted to secede,  you can  effectively stop a secession in that state. 

An oddity of history is that Slavery existed longer in the Union than it did in the confederacy.   

Okay,  here is where you need to go back and do some research and learn the truth,  then come back and argue with me about it.

In the 1770s, blacks throughout New England began sending petitions to northern legislatures demanding freedom. Five of the Northern self-declared states adopted policies to at least gradually abolish slavery: Pennsylvania (1780), New Hampshire and Massachusetts (1783), Connecticut and Rhode Island (1784). Vermont abolished slavery in 1777, while it was still independent, and when it joined the United States as the 14th state in 1791 it was the first state to join untainted by slavery. These state jurisdictions thus enacted the first abolition laws in the entire "New World".[3][ISBN missing] By 1804 (including, New York (1799), New Jersey (1804)), all of the northern states had abolished slavery or set measures in place to gradually reduce it.[2][4]

In the south, Kentucky was created a slave state from Virginia (1792), and Tennessee was created a slave state from North Carolina (1796). By 1804, before the creation of new states from the federal western territories, the number of slave and free states was eight each. In popular usage, the geographic divide between the slave and free states was called the Mason–Dixon line.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slave_and_free_states

Of the seven free states I mentioned...ONLY new Jersey was a slave state into the very early 19th Century and New York which you claimed was a slave state until the 1820's actually became a free state in 1799 10 years after the Constitution was written.

So yes your information was bad.  And unlike you I have no problem listing sources.

You can stand by your misguided version of history all you want to...hell you can stand on your head for all I care.

But the fact of the matter is your wrong. And your version of history is wrong.

You just can't stand to have someone here know more than you.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 06:37:27 pm by txradioguy »

Online dfwgator

« Reply #123 on: October 17, 2016, 06:42:05 pm »
The government allowed the media companies to consolidate,   because it's easier to control.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #124 on: October 17, 2016, 06:42:06 pm »
Yes yes, but while she was setting up this illegal server, was she ever caught on tape using any foul language? Did she, did she? Noooo! So what's the problem?

There were books written about Hillary when she was first lady about her temper and her mouth.  There's been at least one book come out since she declared by one of her former Secret Service agents talking about how vulgar she is to people in private.

But you already knew that.

There are at least two members here who said publicly they would vote for Hillary as the better choice. Why don't either of you come in and defend Ms. Clinton against these scurrilous chargers of illegality?

Which TBR members.  You always throw up this amorphous they and them and "at least two members" without ever saying which two.

Wonder why that is?

Still waiting for a valid defense of your candidate who likes to brag about sexually assaulting women.  Other than "everybody does it" that is.