Author Topic: The Clinton Record  (Read 9054 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: The Clinton Record
« Reply #100 on: October 17, 2016, 09:09:17 pm »
@Smokin Joe

I like her white papers on geologists (http://www.sarahandrews.net/white-papers/), and her earlier books are better.  After a while, the main character annoyingly whiny, and by the latest book, it's very feminist/atheist.  But Sarah does explore various subfields of geology and how science can be used to solve mysteries.
That is the part which intrigues me. I have testified as a forensic witness before, and it was interesting.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #101 on: October 17, 2016, 11:03:01 pm »
As to your second point, allow me to offer the Texas Congressional delegation as Exhibit A. With a few exceptions, conservative Texans have been played by them. Very disappointing...I will no longer vote for Kenny Marchant.

I tried VERY hard to throw out the sitting Chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee (my congress critter) this past March and damn near got it done! Two years from now he will be history barring some major accomplishment on his part.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #102 on: October 17, 2016, 11:06:06 pm »
That is the part which intrigues me. I have testified as a forensic witness before, and it was interesting.
@Suppressed

I testified at my own hanging once.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #103 on: October 17, 2016, 11:10:18 pm »
It's happening everywhere.  The politicians are experienced at this deception.  Even more than revealing that they are lying, power-grabbing frauds, it is a trojan horse to a Constitutional republic.    Without truth, there is no republic.  There is only an election roulette wheel.  Without an originalist view of the Constitution where amendments are ONLY MADE in the set ways -- no "living constitution" giving the power to amend to judges -- there is no Constitution.  There is just an old piece of paper serving as a springboard.

Every person I have talked to is sick of the political scene. With the majority having no faith that the election will be fair. Most think the hillaryship was a done deal a long time ago. Going to be an  interesting vote.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #104 on: October 18, 2016, 02:04:35 am »

Mind sharing some details about what your testimony was in regards to? 

I was recruited by the FBI back in the 90s, back when few people had heard of forensic geology.  But I ultimately didn't go that direction,  even though forensic geology was my primary interest next to military geology.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #105 on: October 18, 2016, 02:06:52 am »
@Suppressed

I'd heard that you were hung.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #106 on: October 18, 2016, 03:10:34 am »
So let me get this straight, conservatives are NOT supposed to vote for Hillary Clinton?  I can't tell you how thankful I am that someone finally put this out there.  Wow, what a huge mistake I almost made.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #107 on: October 18, 2016, 05:12:18 am »
@Suppressed

How did that work out for you?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #108 on: October 18, 2016, 05:15:53 am »
Mind sharing some details about what your testimony was in regards to? 

I was recruited by the FBI back in the 90s, back when few people had heard of forensic geology.  But I ultimately didn't go that direction,  even though forensic geology was my primary interest next to military geology.
Just local, and more related to my having been EMS and familiar with some analytical equipment and test methodology. Small pond stuff.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #109 on: October 18, 2016, 05:24:37 am »
This is my favorite Clinton record....

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #110 on: October 18, 2016, 11:34:35 am »
How did that work out for you?

Really well for a hanging. I missed the ice cream social afterwards.

Hey! Hey! Guess what? My bro works for the fed/gov. After they install crime boss hillary anyone working for the fed/gov will be a criminal. I can hardly wait to rub it in his face.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #111 on: October 18, 2016, 08:50:31 pm »
Just local, and more related to my having been EMS and familiar with some analytical equipment and test methodology. Small pond stuff.

Well, testifying can be a nerve-wracking experience, no matter what venue!
+++++++++

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #112 on: October 18, 2016, 10:00:55 pm »
Well, testifying can be a nerve-wracking experience, no matter what venue!
You have to be careful, as attorneys will lay a minefield for you if they can. It's what they do. Just be precise, correct, never make any statement where there is no evidence and then stick to that evidence. Have a source for everything, and clearly state your professional opinions as such when called upon to do so, with a clear basis in the evidence. You'll do okay.
Good attorneys will build a case based on facts and precedent and apply those in much the same way.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #113 on: October 18, 2016, 10:01:52 pm »
Really well for a hanging. I missed the ice cream social afterwards.

Hey! Hey! Guess what? My bro works for the fed/gov. After they install crime boss hillary anyone working for the fed/gov will be a criminal. I can hardly wait to rub it in his face.
Fred, the guy running the show now is pretty sketchy if you ask me...

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #114 on: October 18, 2016, 11:55:02 pm »
Fred, the guy running the show now is pretty sketchy if you ask me...
@Suppressed

The guy running the show isn't an American so he doesn't count.

Anyways, I am in court one day and this MD is put on the stand. The prosecutor starts asking questions and the defense objects and the judge sustains. This goes on five or six times. Finally the prosecutor says I must be stupid because I haven't even asked a full question yet. The judge told him he was calling a recess to let the guy figure it out. I'm hanging outside the courtroom and the judge comes out of a side room and asks me what was happening in the courtroom. I told him I had heard some wailing and gnashing of teeth. He laughed and told me the prosecutor hadn't established the witness as being expert enough to answer specific medical questions.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #115 on: October 19, 2016, 12:20:04 am »
@Suppressed

The guy running the show isn't an American so he doesn't count.

Anyways, I am in court one day and this MD is put on the stand. The prosecutor starts asking questions and the defense objects and the judge sustains. This goes on five or six times. Finally the prosecutor says I must be stupid because I haven't even asked a full question yet. The judge told him he was calling a recess to let the guy figure it out. I'm hanging outside the courtroom and the judge comes out of a side room and asks me what was happening in the courtroom. I told him I had heard some wailing and gnashing of teeth. He laughed and told me the prosecutor hadn't established the witness as being expert enough to answer specific medical questions.
Actually, that is the most uncomfortable part. No matter your credentials or experience, you still have to get past the lawyers. Once you do, you stick to the facts, give clearly labelled opinion when called for, but it is best if you can point to a source or study for every conclusion you draw. (IOW, Know thy stuff, well enough to break it down and teach the jury so they understand the reasoning involved.)

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #116 on: October 19, 2016, 12:29:07 am »
Actually, that is the most uncomfortable part. No matter your credentials or experience, you still have to get past the lawyers. Once you do, you stick to the facts, give clearly labelled opinion when called for, but it is best if you can point to a source or study for every conclusion you draw. (IOW, Know thy stuff, well enough to break it down and teach the jury so they understand the reasoning involved.)

Right. Dazzle 'em with your brilliance...

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #117 on: October 19, 2016, 12:31:38 am »
Right. Dazzle 'em with your brilliance...
Always. I taught geology labs in college, no problemo. Never a thing that isn't so, and they come out of there feeling a little smarter.

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #118 on: October 19, 2016, 12:40:55 am »
Always. I taught geology labs in college, no problemo. Never a thing that isn't so, and they come out of there feeling a little smarter.

huh

Chocolate labs, yellow labs , black labs, meth labs, geology labs, geology labs...

That any thing like a rock hound?

oh duh

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #119 on: October 19, 2016, 01:39:12 am »
huh

Chocolate labs, yellow labs , black labs, meth labs, geology labs, geology labs...

That any thing like a rock hound?

oh duh

Well, we had lab methods, but we never abbreviated it even then...
That was the Chemistry department, sitting in the fume hoods late at night, stumbling out and putting the retort and thistle tube in the dishwasher...and only one or two of those folks over there.

Funny you should mention Labradorite, it is one of my favorites. The Royal Bank building in Toronto is covered with that at street level, and it caught my eye immediately.

C S Lewis