Author Topic: Latino voter registration spikes in North Carolina  (Read 218 times)

HonestJohn

Latino voter registration spikes in North Carolina
« on: October 14, 2016, 12:16:02 am »
BAILEY ALDRIDGE | PUBLISHED 13 OCTOBER 2016

http://www.dailytarheel.com/article/2016/10/latino-voter-registration-spike-nc

Latino voter registration has spiked in North Carolina — a trend that could have an important impact on the state in the presidential election.

According to the Pew Research Center, the number of Latinos registered to vote in North Carolina is up from 10,000 in 2004 to 135,000 as of February.

Mario Carrillo, spokesperson for Voto Latino, said voter registration groups are working to register people in Latino communities.

“You’re seeing a lot of organizations really do the leg work and going out into the community and speaking with the communities about the issues that matter to them,” he said.

Carrillo said this presidential election is important for many Latino Americans.

“I think a lot of Latinos know that there’s a lot at stake in this particular election for the Latino community and I think that’s leading people to really want to make sure that their voice is heard,” he said.

As of now, Democratic presidential nominee, Hillary Clinton, is up 2.6 percent over the Republican nominee, Donald Trump in North Carolina, according to a Real Clear Politics polling average.

(more at link)

Offline Axel

Re: Latino voter registration spikes in North Carolina
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 12:20:08 am »
All the more reason you should need identification to vote!

"“You’ve got voter registration groups that are going directly to Hispanic areas and registering them,” he said. “They might be compliant, but they’re not really intending to vote.”"

I have seen this in my own neighborhood!

Why else do you think sanctuary cities exist? They don't care about our safety, only getting votes!
"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election