Author Topic: Ronald McDonald lying low until clown scare blows over  (Read 1366 times)

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Ronald McDonald lying low until clown scare blows over
« on: October 13, 2016, 05:51:00 pm »
Ronald McDonald lying low until clown scare blows over
By Katie Mettler The Washington Post
Published Oct. 13, 2016

For now, McDonald's is benching its mascot.

In a statement Tuesday, the fast-food chain announced that Ronald McDonald and his signature red and gold garb won't be seen in public for a while, at least until America stops being so collectively terrified of his kind.

The chain's more than 14,000 locations nationwide are "mindful of the current climate around clown sightings in communities" and "are being thoughtful in respect to Ronald McDonald's participation in community events for the time being," spokeswoman Terri Hickey said in an emailed statement to NBC News.

The announcement comes after weeks of reported creepy clown sightings across the United States that have led to something approaching mass hysteria, playground panic and even some arrests.

It first began in August, when residents of Greenville County in South Carolina called authorities to report a clown, or someone dressed like one, "trying to lure children in the woods," said the property manager of an apartment complex in Greenville....
Read more at http://www.jewishworldreview.com/1016/RonaldMcD_laying_low.php3#0AdtHzJBVUU8fsyD.99
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline dfwgator

Re: Ronald McDonald lying low until clown scare blows over
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 05:54:56 pm »

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 07:34:27 pm »
My kids are convinced that clowns are going to try to kill them on Halloween I'm coming as their bodyguard. My little girl told me the other day they had already killed 3 kids in town I had to reassure that wasn't true. There are a lot of very scared kids out there.

There has been very little reported about this in the media, guess they are to busy reporting on the clowns running for POTUS scaring the country :shrug:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 07:40:02 pm »

Offline andy58-in-nh

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2016, 11:44:17 pm »
All fads annoy me, but this clown thing is beyond ridiculous.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2016, 11:48:59 pm »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2016, 12:13:15 am »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024