Author Topic: (Topic Deleted)  (Read 19189 times)

geronl

Re: Election prediction thread
« Reply #150 on: October 31, 2016, 05:55:43 pm »
that's about as false of a stereotype as showing Republicans as the Monopoly Man or Democrats as a witch burning babies.

That is actual practice. The liberaltarians have allied with Democrats to get pot legalised. Even if it means surrendering to bigger government statism. It's pretty much all they truly care about.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #151 on: October 31, 2016, 05:57:24 pm »
Prediction (extremely unlikely)

Election is a stalemate, thrown to Congress. House is unable to pick, the Senate wheels and deals and chooses Mindy Finn as VP... since the House failed to reach accord, she becomes the new President-elect.

Bonus: she's pretty hot:

Oceander

« Reply #152 on: October 31, 2016, 06:00:54 pm »

Election is a stalemate, thrown to Congress. House is unable to pick, the Senate wheels and deals and chooses Mindy Finn as VP... since the House failed to reach accord, she becomes the new President-elect.

I like that result!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #153 on: October 31, 2016, 06:11:59 pm »
So I've been watching the fallout from this email stuff and I thinking Hillary may go down. It may be close, but I suspect we will be looking at a Trump Pence victory. Obama may be rushing to charge Hillary so he can pardon her before he leaves office. Possibly he's working with The deal master to throw Hillary under the bus in return for a pardon himself from Trump's administration.

Hillary is so lackluster I don't see the Republicans losing the house or senate. Even if she wins that Mao suite doesn't have coattails, but I could be wrong. There's my WAG estimation.

Maybe.  I sure hope she goes down in flames.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #154 on: October 31, 2016, 06:51:52 pm »
I like Castle better than McMullin.  Better and better all the time.  But it does not matter.  Vote for either.  Or write in someone like I am doing (Roy Moore).  Even Johnson.  At this point all the votes that are not Trump or Hillary will make the same statement:  DON"T EVER DO THIS TO US AGAIN.

How cute.   You think you can teach the beast a lesson!   :)   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #155 on: October 31, 2016, 07:01:02 pm »
Trump is a hideous choice.  He is entirely unacceptable.  ANYONE else would easily beat Hillary.

That is utter nonsense and bullsh*t.   Anyone else would be doing far worse right now.   You simply are looking at this thing within the framework of how you think.   You don't seem to be able to examine this from the framework of how the average American voter thinks.   

Jeb would have been an utter disaster.    Same with Rubio.   Both are amnesty shills,  and that would have turned off a huge segment of the voter base.   

Cruz is the only one that could have possibly won,  but the media would have savaged him and he would not have been able to fight back effectively.   

Remember "New York Values"  and all the media tsk tsking about how uppity and holier than thou he was acting?     Multiply that times 100,  and that is what you would have seen had Cruz gotten the nomination. 

They would have accused him of being anti Woman,  anti-gay,  anti-minority  and intent upon enacting Christianity as the official state religion of the United States.    They would have played up the rumors of adultery,  and they would have portrayed him as a hypocrite because everyone knows (wink wink)  that those adultery rumors are "true."   

You have no idea what sorts of vicious attacks they would have unleashed on Ted Cruz.   They would have done exactly what they did in the primary,   (which they kept him from winning)  but on a much larger scale and for a longer period of time.   

The media is a weapon,  and candidates are no longer able to win on issues because the media decides what we will talk about.  (Like "grab the P*ssy" instead of  potential war with Russia.)   

The media runs elections now,  and  it is virtually impossible to win when they are against you. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #156 on: October 31, 2016, 07:03:24 pm »
Trump the child molester

Okay,  from what depths of loony toon insanity did you dredge up this assertion?   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #157 on: October 31, 2016, 07:21:22 pm »
The Libertarian party is for easy legal immigration, not open borders.

BUT, they are also for completely eliminating the programs that attract the criminal and moocher elements- eliminating subsidized healthcare, welfare, housing payments, etc for illegals.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to repeal any of that.    If someone thinks otherwise,  feel free to explain how you are going to get voters who collect welfare from voting against congressmen that support this?   

Once you give out the freebies,  you can't get them back,   so right off the bat the Libertarians are kooks for proposing that these programs be eliminated.    Sure,  Legal immigration is fine if you eliminate these programs,   but it is NOT REALISTIC to believe any of these programs can be eliminated. 

Hell,   we couldn't even get rid of NPR,   one of the least expensive and most pointless programs ran by the US Government,   and if we couldn't get rid of NPR,   how on earth do you think it would be possible to get rid of welfare? 

They would shut down the magnet that is causing the illegal problem, thus turning us back to a mutually beneficial legal immigration system.

I am reminded of the discussion between Legolas and Gandalf. 

"If Gandalf would go before us with a bright flame, he might melt a path for you," said Legolas. The storm had troubled him little, and he alone of the Company remained still light of heart.
"If Elves could fly over mountains, they might fetch the Sun to save us," answered Gandalf. `But I must have something to work on. I cannot burn snow.'

Wishing for "ifs"  that cannot happen is childish and pointless. 

The only of the three parties that actually would reduce government in that regard.  Democrats solution is a welfare state; Republicans solution is a police state.

Libertarians are best described like this:

They don't live in the real world. 
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #158 on: October 31, 2016, 07:23:40 pm »
that's about as false of a stereotype as showing Republicans as the Monopoly Man or Democrats as a witch burning babies.

Are you kidding?  Virtually every discussion with a "Libertarian"  starts off with cannabis.   If it doesn't start that way,  it gets there eventually.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #159 on: October 31, 2016, 07:26:50 pm »
Both Clinton and Trump are unacceptable.   You choose between 'em.   Why should I?   

Because you *WILL GET* one of them.    One of them is going to be running things,  and you are insane and stupid if you let it be that psychotic hate witch.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #160 on: October 31, 2016, 07:31:19 pm »

If he was the best candidate to come along in decades, or heck, even reasonable, his side would not need to resort to false dichotomy, manipulation, and threats to get votes.

The fact of the matter is that most don't even find him reasonable.  For many of us, he has always been the definition of corrupt cronyism and one of the biggest problems in Washington.

OMG!  Hillary is a hundred times worse!!!!!!!!  How can you possibly mention the word "corruption"  without noting how much more corrupt Hillary is?     

— Lord Melbourne —

Wingnut

« Reply #161 on: October 31, 2016, 08:58:03 pm »
Trump is warming up for his exit:

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #162 on: October 31, 2016, 09:04:39 pm »
OMG!  Hillary is a hundred times worse!!!!!!!!  How can you possibly mention the word "corruption"  without noting how much more corrupt Hillary is?   

Trump is Hillary's tool- two sides of the same coin. He empowered her rise, and from what we've seen on Wikileaks, she empowered his rise to the top of the pack. They are both vile and corrupt in different ways. For every politician being bought, there was someone doing the buying. For every PAC writing the rules in government, there is someone starting the PAC.

I won't support Hillary nor her tool.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #163 on: October 31, 2016, 09:28:37 pm »
Trump is Hillary's tool- two sides of the same coin. He empowered her rise, and from what we've seen on Wikileaks, she empowered his rise to the top of the pack. They are both vile and corrupt in different ways. For every politician being bought, there was someone doing the buying. For every PAC writing the rules in government, there is someone starting the PAC.

I won't support Hillary nor her tool.

I read what you write and I do not recognize reality in it.     It does not resemble what I see. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #164 on: October 31, 2016, 09:28:56 pm »

That is extremely unlikely, since the Senate chooses from the top two VP candidates.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #165 on: October 31, 2016, 10:20:55 pm »

Because you *WILL GET* one of them.    One of them is going to be running things,  and you are insane and stupid if you let it be that psychotic hate witch.   

My brother, upon finding out that I had decided to cast an early vote, asked me to tell him which POTUS candidate I had voted for, I wouldn't tell him, and I won't tell anyone.

Then he asked me for some words of wisdom to help him make a selection between the two major Party candidates, and after giving this much thought, I've decided to comply with his request.

So brother, imagine that one of those two candidates is a 6" drywall nail, and the other an upholstery nail of similar length and girth.

Now, try and decide which of those two would hurt less being driven through your penis by a hammer, and vote for that one.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #166 on: October 31, 2016, 10:29:07 pm »

I read what you write and I do not recognize reality in it.     It does not resemble what I see.

Oh really, after all this time? I'll repeat this again.

Trump is the only candidate that donated to Hillary's Senate run.
Trump is the only candidate to donate hundreds of thousands of dollars to the Clinton foundation.
Trump is the only candidate who said Hillary was a great Secretary of State.
Trump is the only candidate who said Hillary would be a great President.
Trump is the only candidate who said Bill Clinton was his favorite President (I don't even think Hillary has said this)
Trump is the only candidate, other than Hillary, who has taken hundreds of thousands of dollars from George Soros.
Trump is the only candidate, other than Hillary, who has taken hundreds of thousands of dollars from the Saudi Royal Family.
Trump is the only candidate, other than Jill Stein, who has held the same positions as Hillary on most issues.
Trump is the only candidate who consulted with Bill Clinton before getting in the race.
Trump is the only candidate who was mentioned in the DNC leaks as the Democrats preferred candidate and boosted by them.
Trump is the only candidate who was mentioned in the Podesta leaks as being the 'necessary' candidate the Dems needed to take down the Republicans and sweep their races...

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

If you haven't seen this, you haven't been looking.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 10:30:13 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #167 on: October 31, 2016, 10:45:22 pm »
Oh really, after all this time? I'll repeat this again.

Trump is the only candidate that donated to Hillary's Senate run.
Trump is the only candidate to donate hundreds of thousands of dollars to the Clinton foundation.
Trump is the only candidate who said Hillary was a great Secretary of State.
Trump is the only candidate who said Hillary would be a great President.
Trump is the only candidate, other than Hillary, who has taken hundreds of thousands of dollars from George Soros.
Trump is the only candidate, other than Hillary, who has taken hundreds of thousands of dollars from the Saudi Royal Family.
Trump is the only candidate, other than Jill Stein, who has held the same positions as Hillary on most issues.
Trump is the only candidate who consulted with Bill Clinton before getting in the race.
Trump is the only candidate who was mentioned in the DNC leaks as the Democrats preferred candidate and boosted by them.
Trump is the only candidate who was mentioned in the Podesta leaks as being the 'necessary' candidate the Dems needed to take down the Republicans and sweep their races...

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

If you haven't seen this, you haven't been looking.

There is a form of argument in which you throw up so many claims that it becomes implausible to refute them.   Instead of one argument,  you have a dozen,   all of which must be challenged for their accuracy or significance.   

Let's take just one of your assertions. 

"Trump is the only candidate that donated to Hillary's Senate run."

So?  This did not singlehandedly elect Hillary.   This is the sort of thing that well connected New Yorkers do,  and of course Trump did what he believed was in the best interests of his business operations.   

Is this significant in the larger scheme of things?   No.   In fact,  i'll cite the Gipper himself. 

http://youtu.be/NIcDdWgBELY

All of what you cited is trivial compared to what is wrong with Hillary.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #168 on: October 31, 2016, 10:51:53 pm »

You are experiencing what is known as "cognitive dissonance."
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #169 on: October 31, 2016, 10:53:39 pm »

There is a form of argument in which you throw up so many claims that it becomes implausible to refute them.   Instead of one argument,  you have a dozen,   all of which must be challenged for their accuracy or significance.   
Is this significant in the larger scheme of things?   No. 
All of what you cited is trivial compared to what is wrong with Hillary.
This is called the pooh-pooh, also known as the "stick your fingers in your ears and scream."
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #170 on: October 31, 2016, 10:55:54 pm »

I am witnessing what is known as "cognitive dissonance."   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #171 on: October 31, 2016, 10:57:31 pm »
This is called the pooh-pooh, also known as the "stick your fingers in your ears and scream."

I answered one of his points.   The other points are either wrong,  or trivial.   If you disagree,  we can go through them one by one,   but dismissing a series of assertions is not refusing to hear them,   it's hearing them and refusing to grant them any level of importance. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #172 on: October 31, 2016, 11:15:38 pm »

I disagree. I believe that it's moral relativism, pure and simple. Just as Democrats could dismiss Bill Clinton's poor behavior towards women because he served the "greater good" (in their eyes) of keeping abortion legal, people who support Donald Trump are willing to dismiss his poor behavior, because he serves the "greater good" (again, in their eyes) of keeping the evil, evil Hillary out of office. They view moral absolutists who refuse to vote for Trump as either stupid, crazy, or just as evil as Hillary.  Which (in their minds) will be their excuse for the reprisals they'll try to enact should Trump lose (or win...)   :shrug:
Let it burn.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #173 on: October 31, 2016, 11:21:48 pm »
I disagree. I believe that it's moral relativism, pure and simple. Just as Democrats could dismiss Bill Clinton's poor behavior towards women because he served the "greater good" (in their eyes) of keeping abortion legal, people who support Donald Trump are willing to dismiss his poor behavior, because he serves the "greater good" (again, in their eyes) of keeping the evil, evil Hillary out of office. They view moral absolutists who refuse to vote for Trump as either stupid, crazy, or just as evil as Hillary.  Which (in their minds) will be their excuse for the reprisals they'll try to enact should Trump lose (or win...)   :shrug:

Stop with your "moral relativism"  crap.    You people have a "triage"  problem.   You can't tell the greater good from the lesser good.   

Here,  let Jesus give you a lesson in the difference.   

9And when he was departed thence, he went into their synagogue: 10And, behold, there was a man which had his hand withered. And they asked him, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath days? that they might accuse him. 11And he said unto them, What man shall there be among you, that shall have one sheep, and if it fall into a pit on the sabbath day, will he not lay hold on it, and lift it out? 12How much then is a man better than a sheep? Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the sabbath days. 13Then saith he to the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it forth; and it was restored whole, like as the other. 14Then the Pharisees went out, and held a council against him, how they might destroy him.

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline r9etb

« Reply #174 on: October 31, 2016, 11:23:44 pm »
9And when he was departed thence, he went into their synagogue: 10And, behold, there was a man which had his hand withered. And they asked him, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath days? that they might accuse him. 11And he said unto them, What man shall there be among you, that shall have one sheep, and if it fall into a pit on the sabbath day, will he not lay hold on it, and lift it out? 12How much then is a man better than a sheep? Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the sabbath days. 13Then saith he to the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it forth; and it was restored whole, like as the other. 14Then the Pharisees went out, and held a council against him, how they might destroy him.

Please tell me you didn't just compare Trump to Jesus.