Author Topic: Laura Ingraham: We've been waiting for this moment  (Read 68012 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Laura Ingraham: We've been waiting for this moment
« Reply #525 on: October 13, 2016, 02:56:23 pm »
You'd expect that from the Liberals…but not from someone on a Conservative board like this one.

Obviously, everyone posting on a conservative forum is not a conservative.

Liberal tactics abound among Trump support here.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #526 on: October 13, 2016, 02:59:32 pm »
Fine sit on your hands as Hillary kills the country. Your country needs you and you refuse to answer the call, fine example of "principled conservative" the NeverTrumpers are. Even Ted Cruz came to his senses and supports Donald Trump.
I won't sit on my hands. That much I guarantee you.

I will be doing all I can to bring the STUPID Party to it's belated demise. I WILL be voting Constitution Party for a platform that is what the GOP should have been supporting these last four decades I have been a member. I will vote down ticket based on the candidate. I am under no obligation to vote for anyone but whom my conscience deems worthy of my vote, and if none meet my standards, none will get it.
Ted Cruz is honoring his pledge. I made no such agreement.
This year, of all years, the voters of the GOP had an opportunity to turn the tide, and they blew it. Despite repeated exhortations to do their due diligence, GOP voters ignored the past of the man they nominated. Now that those nuggets are coming back up the pipe, (even though we tried to tell people they were down there), we're supposed to support what we have been saying was the wrong person for months or longer?

NO. Not only NO, But HELL NO. Now the GOP, if it can get enough people elected to hang on to either the House, Senate, or both (despite fighting their own top of ticket candidate), gets one last chance to redeem itself and stop Hillary, or continue it's swirl around the drainpipe of history.

I am no longer a member of the GOP. I WILL vote my conscience. All of YOU who supported your candidate have the option of voting for the same guy I am (see graphic below), unless you live in Oklahoma. The rest of the States and D.C., he is either on the ballot or a write-in. That would be a game-changer.

But you won't. You'll stay on the Plantation and vote "my party right-or-wrong" and likely lose, again.
We will not redeem this country with more of the same as have put it where it is.

If you haven't seen that there are significant similarities between the two, with opportunity being the chief determinant of who has acted how, I can't help you. But there are those of us who tried doing that for months now, and the only time we are noticed is now, when we are reviled in your desperation to elect the very person we told you was unacceptable.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 03:00:20 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #527 on: October 13, 2016, 03:02:56 pm »
Again....  the issue is not whether they stopped everything.  It's whether they stopped nothing.  That's why I prefaced this entire conversation by first establishing where the goalposts actually are.  And they nevertheless seem to be creeping....

The leftwing football was still advanced down the field and the opposition was weak and pathetic.   I do not believe winning on a few lesser issues rationalizes their failures to put up opposition on more significant issues.   

I am also cognizant of the fact that many in the party's leadership have declared deliberate war on the Tea Party,  and feel emboldened to go further in this direction.   

Both Republicans and Democrats appear to be working together to insure that the money fountain of Washington DC  continues streaming out dollars to their respective crony groups.   

We will not get the attention of our Party Heads so long as they think the status quo is a viable option.   

The NRA has been highly successful in promoting it's single issue agenda.   It has now trained the majority of the members of one party,  and a sufficient plurality of the other party to either advance it's agenda,  or leave it alone.   

They are successful because they make it clear that there are penalties for betraying them.   This is a proven successful tactic,  and it is one we should have necessarily used on the Republican leadership when they launched (racist)  attacks on the Tea Party. 

In any case,   I am not impressed by the "accomplishments"  of our wussy leadership.   They stalled the Democrat agenda a little,   but they had within their power the ability to stall it a lot.   They chose not to do so.   They "Neville Chamberlained"  it.   

I am not the only one who feels that they are misleading us;   That they are telling us what we want to hear until they get into the beltway,  then they acquiesce and defer to policies which they should absolutely oppose.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #528 on: October 13, 2016, 03:07:05 pm »
There are reasons to oppose Trump but Hillary's superior grasp of our military capabilities is not one.
My point is that he is even more ignorant of those capabilities, not that I see ANY reason to vote for her, and that point was made in light of a comment about the Russians sending their children home (an act that is often an indicator of possible military conflict).

I definitely don't see any reason to vote for her, and no characteristics of him which are so redeeming as to overcome his deficits. In short, I wouldn't vote for either one of them at gunpoint.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #529 on: October 13, 2016, 03:08:03 pm »
This is not a courtroom trial. This is an election and opinions sway votes.

One would think that opinions should focus on serious issues more so than trivial issues.    The media assured us in the 1990s that "sexual issues"  were no impediment to Bill Clinton serving as President,  and they have at long last convinced me that relatively,  such concerns are trivial. 

One would think the Nuclear Weapons being moved into the Baltic,  or perhaps Iranian and North Korean Nuclear ICBM  might be of some greater concern to us,    but a people which focuses on nasty talk and alleged crotch grabbing   probably ought to be led by a dictatorial idiot like Hillary. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #530 on: October 13, 2016, 03:17:00 pm »
That is not man talk.  That is pervert talk.  I've known a lot of good men in my life, including my husband, who would never ever say things like that.  What's more, they would never listen to that kind of utter sleaze.

If you want to worship a man like that, I guess you can, but don't expect the rest of us to do it.

Thank God you put me on ignore.   I consider this focus to be sheer foolishness,  and I am glad I don't have to respond to your regarding it. 

Nuclear Iran.   Nuclear North Korea.   Murdering Christians by the Thousands in the middle East.   Democrat "voters"  streaming across the borders.   Economic system strained with Debt to the breaking point.   Gestapo minded Witch about to declare us all "terrorists"  and put the Federal bureaucracies in "attack mode"  against us.    Churches being assaulted by law and homosexual militants.  Russia threatening Nuclear War...

And you want to talk about on crotch grabbing and dirty talk?   

We have transformed into Idiocracy. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #531 on: October 13, 2016, 03:18:33 pm »
You brought up multiple strawmen arguments in one brief post.  Kudos.  That must have taken quite the effort.

But since it would be time consuming to try to deal with all of them, and since I know based on your very bad behavior yesterday (mods deleting your ugly posts on 2 different threads, and all that) that you won't deal well with the truth when it's given to you, nor to an opinion other than your warped view on humanity, so I won't waste the time.

Good bye.

Put him on "ignore"!   He will thank you for it later.    :) 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #532 on: October 13, 2016, 03:23:52 pm »

But if someone does see a significant distinction, then Trump being a pig in a 2005 video will be a miniscule blip in terms of historical relevance when measured about against what happens in this country from 2017-2020.

Perspective and priorities are sorely lacking among some of our allies.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #533 on: October 13, 2016, 03:26:42 pm »
Character matters. That character will be the basis of everything he does.

You forgot to add the "s".   "She does."   

We know what she does.   She works around the law at every opportunity,   lies constantly,  sells influence,  and tries to punish her enemies (you)  with whatever power is at her disposal.   

That is what "she"  does. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #534 on: October 13, 2016, 03:28:22 pm »
In spite of all the ADULT men on this forum countering your claims that ALL men and women behave as pre-pubescent creeps, you keep insisting that your sordid little world is the way things actually work.

You're hurting Donnie's cause here.  Stop flailing.

It would be nice if we had more adult women on this forum.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #535 on: October 13, 2016, 03:30:54 pm »

You forgot to add the "s".   "She does."   

We know what she does.   She works around the law at every opportunity,   lies constantly,  sells influence,  and tries to punish her enemies (you)  with whatever power is at her disposal.   

That is what "she"  does.
We know what he does, (1) he works around the law at every opportunity,  (2) lies constantly, (3) buys influence, and (4) tries to punish his enemies (me) with whatever power is at his disposal.

Damn! The only difference I see here is which side of the counter they are on in number 3.

C S Lewis

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #536 on: October 13, 2016, 03:31:29 pm »
All?  Only 3 maybe 4 men posters don't  agree with me. The others are keeping silent.

@musiclady

I think you are accurately describing a significant portion of the male behavior pattern in our society.   

I've heard lots of this stuff and worse.   

These wilting flowers should try listening to some Gangsta Rap.   They would have apoplexy.

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #537 on: October 13, 2016, 03:32:34 pm »

It would be nice if we had more adult women on this forum.
Yeah....we could always use more.

But, admittedly, I am happy with the ones we have.

C S Lewis

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #538 on: October 13, 2016, 03:34:34 pm »

Perspective and priorities are sorely lacking among some of our allies.   

I'm honestly in awe on this, and am actually coming around to thinking that those on the left may have been right about the lack of clear thinking on the right.

I disagree with you on NBC.  I disagree with @LMAO on voting for Trump.  There's some others I disagree with as well on various issues, but I can still tell that they are seeing things clearly, and using reason, even if they come to a different conclusion.  But there seems to be this almost mob mentality among so many others.  It's like a piece of chum floats in the water, and everyone just goes at it in a frenzy, ignoring the larger picture.

I honestly have a hard time wrapping my head around that happening to this degree.  I feel like I've stumbled onto the mirror image of TOS.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #539 on: October 13, 2016, 03:36:18 pm »

I think you are accurately describing a significant portion of the male behavior pattern in our society.   

I've heard lots of this stuff and worse.   

These wilting flowers should try listening to some Gangsta Rap.   They would have apoplexy.
"Gangsta Rap"? Really? That bottom-feeding excuse for "music"?
Which part do you like? The gratuitous use of profanity? The misogyny? Does it make you swell with pride? 
That rot is offensive, no matter who you are. Why recommend that? If you like that, I think I am beginning to see your problem.

C S Lewis

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #540 on: October 13, 2016, 03:41:29 pm »
I don't understand all this nit picking to attempt to excuse Trump's words and behavior.

He's not on trial in a court of law.  He's on trial in the public perception of whether he's fit to be president.

Most women think he is not.  Take that to your locker room and smoke it.
That's what's both hilarious and tragic...all the Trumpsters and water carriers are looking down dead ends and twisting themselves into knots trying to blame various "elite" Pubbie "traitors" for Trump going down.
 The fact is the majority of the people in the squishy middle, as usual, are deciding this thing.  They're looking at Trump with revulsion. They may not like Felonia McPantsuit much, but they detest sexual perverts. At least this sexual pervert.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #541 on: October 13, 2016, 03:42:01 pm »
We know what he does, (1) he works around the law at every opportunity,  (2) lies constantly, (3) buys influence, and (4) tries to punish his enemies (me) with whatever power is at his disposal.

Damn! The only difference I see here is which side of the counter they are on in number 3.

Trump is an absolute novice when it comes to politics and government.  Hillary is an expert, and has surrounded herself with a coterie of blood loyalists who have lived their lives in politics as well.  Even if Trump wanted to be as corrupt and abusive in office as Hillary, I don't think he has anywhere near the capability to pull it off.  She's a turnkey corruption/abuse of power machine, who will have absolutely no foreseeable checks on her abuses, as there is no possible way the Democrats would ever sanction the first woman President. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #542 on: October 13, 2016, 03:42:38 pm »
A little warning to the Trump die hard supporters...

There a lot of reluctant Trump voters (like me) who may change their mind at the last minute (like me), who will not vote for Trump cause of your attitude towards other people.

The sad fact is this: The fact that are you still trying to convince people to vote for Trump right now doesn't say much. Also if you want people for you candidate yelling and screaming at people is not helping.  Also calling people names is not cool.

@kevindavis

I'm not sure they care that they are driving even the reluctant voters away.

They are not now, nor have they ever been using their brains.  It's their emotions that have driven their Trump support, and emotions are not swayed by logic.

I'm glad you posted this because you are surely not alone.  There are many who feel that they need to vote for Trump because of Hillary, but have been extremely reluctant because Trump is so very, very bad.

But the screeches of the Trump faithful are at risk of turning the reluctant away from voting for him.

And they just don't care.....

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #543 on: October 13, 2016, 03:46:11 pm »
That's what's both hilarious and tragic...all the Trumpsters and water carriers are looking down dead ends and twisting themselves into knots trying to blame various "elite" Pubbie "traitors" for Trump going down.
 The fact is the majority of the people in the squishy middle, as usual, are deciding this thing.  They're looking at Trump with revulsion. They may not like Felonia McPantsuit much, but they detest sexual perverts. At least this sexual pervert.
I think the average schmuck is intimidated by sexual perverts who think they can 'get away with it' because of money, power, or position. This was what ticked them off about Clinton diddling interns, something which would get any corporate CEO fired, if it came out.
There is a deep distrust of the rich and powerful in the middle class, because people feel vulnerable to abuse by that same group. Enter Trump dong the same sort of stuff as the other guy, and they let him because he's rich...
That won't play well, at a visceral level.

Felonia was played as a "brave, victim, who stood by her man....(yaddayaddayadda)." Not the active participant.

C S Lewis

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #544 on: October 13, 2016, 03:46:31 pm »

Except he has done these things as a Private businessman,  which is very constrained in power.   She has done it as a government official and using the powers of government to do it.   

Trump has done only what a civilian is able to do,  and indeed,  what any civilian could do.   Hillary has done what only a dictator can do,   and with far worse consequences.   

Did Trump get anyone arrested and thrown in prison on a false pretext?   (Video maker which Hillary blamed for Benghazi.)   

Did Trump harness the IRS to attack his political opponents?   Did Trump "acquire" by illegal means,  FBI files on his political opponents?   

Did Trump provide access to government and changes in government policy through bribes paid to his "foundation"?   

Trump operates in the Business environment of New York.   I do not believe it is possible to do business there without being pretty rough.   But Hillary abused power as a member of the Watergate Investigative Team,   She abused power as the Governor's wife in Arkansas,   She abused power as First Lady in the White House,   She abused power as a Senator from New York,   and she abused power as Secretary of State.   

Not minor abuses of power either.   Serious and significant abuses of power.   "Brownshirt"  level abuses of power.    She also hates and despises us. 

Even if Trump had reached the pinnacle of abuse of power and corruption that Hillary represents,   he still does not possess a passionate hatred of us and everything for which we stand and believe.   

You let that witch get her hands on power and we shall all suffer,   especially those among us who are most worried about ethics and morality.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline musiclady

« Reply #545 on: October 13, 2016, 03:47:16 pm »
I'm honestly in awe on this, and am actually coming around to thinking that those on the left may have been right about the lack of clear thinking on the right.

I disagree with you on NBC.  I disagree with @LMAO on voting for Trump.  There's some others I disagree with as well on various issues, but I can still tell that they are seeing things clearly, and using reason, even if they come to a different conclusion.  But there seems to be this almost mob mentality among so many others.  It's like a piece of chum floats in the water, and everyone just goes at it in a frenzy, ignoring the larger picture.

I honestly have a hard time wrapping my head around that happening to this degree.  I feel like I've stumbled onto the mirror image of TOS.

I'm sorry, Bill.  I don't think this about most of what you post, but this is ludicrous.

This place is nothing like TOS and none of the people here are either (other than the ones who want to ban people for not supporting Trump).

You may disagree with what so-called NeverTrumpers think, but the mess that has happened is directly the result of the mindless support of a liberal reprobate like Trump in the primary.

TRUMP is the source of the problem, and those who fell for his snake oil salesman lies.

Don't blame the people who are consistent in our opposition to liberalism and who have not been swayed to vote for something we feel is completely destructive and wrong.

Place the blame of what's happening where it belongs.

On liberal, lying Donald Trump.

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #546 on: October 13, 2016, 03:49:51 pm »
@kevindavis

I'm not sure they care that they are driving even the reluctant voters away.

They are not now, nor have they ever been using their brains.  It's their emotions that have driven their Trump support, and emotions are not swayed by logic.

I'm glad you posted this because you are surely not alone.  There are many who feel that they need to vote for Trump because of Hillary, but have been extremely reluctant because Trump is so very, very bad.

But the screeches of the Trump faithful are at risk of turning the reluctant away from voting for him.

And they just don't care.....

@musiclady

Thank you, but I think you are right.

I'm just offering some friendly advise and a little warning.  But I'm afraid it will fall on deaf ears.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline jpsb

« Reply #547 on: October 13, 2016, 03:50:16 pm »
The rest of us ALL know what he said.

And that is very different from "supporting" Trump as you claimed.

Here is Ted Cruz himself

After many months of careful consideration, of prayer and searching my own conscience, I have decided that on Election Day, I will vote for the Republican nominee, Donald Trump.
We are only one justice away from losing our most basic rights, and the next president will appoint as many as four new justices. We know, without a doubt, that every Clinton appointee would be a left-wing ideologue. Trump, in contrast, has promised to appoint justices “in the mold of Scalia.
If Clinton wins, we know — with 100% certainty — that she would deliver on her left-wing promises, with devastating results for our country.
My conscience tells me I must do whatever I can to stop that.

A year ago, I pledged to endorse the Republican nominee, and I am honoring that commitment. And if you don’t want to see a Hillary Clinton presidency, I encourage you to vote for him (Trump).

Cruz gets it exactly right. Unlike @musiclady  and @txradioguy. That sure sounds like an endorsement to me.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 03:52:29 pm by jpsb »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #548 on: October 13, 2016, 03:50:40 pm »

Except he has done these things as a Private businessman,  which is very constrained in power.   She has done it as a government official and using the powers of government to do it.   

Trump has done only what a civilian is able to do,  and indeed,  what any civilian could do.   Hillary has done what only a dictator can do,   and with far worse consequences.   

Did Trump get anyone arrested and thrown in prison on a false pretext?   (Video maker which Hillary blamed for Benghazi.)   

Did Trump harness the IRS to attack his political opponents?   Did Trump "acquire" by illegal means,  FBI files on his political opponents?   

Did Trump provide access to government and changes in government policy through bribes paid to his "foundation"?   

Trump operates in the Business environment of New York.   I do not believe it is possible to do business there without being pretty rough.   But Hillary abused power as a member of the Watergate Investigative Team,   She abused power as the Governor's wife in Arkansas,   She abused power as First Lady in the White House,   She abused power as a Senator from New York,   and she abused power as Secretary of State.   

Not minor abuses of power either.   Serious and significant abuses of power.   "Brownshirt"  level abuses of power.    She also hates and despises us. 

Even if Trump had reached the pinnacle of abuse of power and corruption that Hillary represents,   he still does not possess a passionate hatred of us and everything for which we stand and believe.   

You let that witch get her hands on power and we shall all suffer,   especially those among us who are most worried about ethics and morality.
My point is that he has done all these things without the might and resources of the United States Government at his behest.

The IRS was under Obama's direction. The arrest of the filmmaker, ditto.

He has abused every scrap of power he has had. Just imagine what he could accomplish with all THAT power she (and Obama) had.

Yet you want to give that to him?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 03:53:55 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #549 on: October 13, 2016, 03:54:21 pm »
Trump cannot be trusted.  Hillary will advance every liberal issue that comes along.  We know that.  But Hillary is at least sane.  Mean, but sane.

Image NOT DOCTORED.   REAL IMAGE.   

— Lord Melbourne —