Author Topic: Laura Ingraham: We've been waiting for this moment  (Read 68059 times)

Offline skeeter

Re: Laura Ingraham: We've been waiting for this moment
« Reply #400 on: October 12, 2016, 03:38:59 pm »
I would like to hear from some of these "conservative" men excusing Trump's behavior here.....

If you have a college age or twenty something daughter and she is a groupie of a rock star and gets a chance to meet him, would YOU be ok if he kissed her and then grabbed her genitals??

Would you excuse the molestation because she was a groupie and didn't say no???

Do you realize what kind of evil you are tacitly or some of you overtly condoning??

If trump molested your daughter would you be so cavalier in his defense??

If so, that is disgusting..

As a father I would not be OK with any of that regardless of who or how rich & famous the guy was and even if my daughter gave her permission with great enthusiasm (and I'm confident she wouldn't).

Wingnut

« Reply #401 on: October 12, 2016, 03:40:59 pm »
Since when is grabbing a woman's crotch "making a pass"?  That isn't usually the opening gambit any place I have been.

With my luck if I tried to do that "crotch grab" I'd end up like Mick Dundee did.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #402 on: October 12, 2016, 03:42:11 pm »
 The constitutional conservative position is all people are entitled to the assumption of innocent till proven guilty.  Regardless of how bad you don't like Mr. Trump he still is entitled to that.

And we don't know what was in Mr. Trump's mind or any of these women's mind when any of this happened. Thats why we have things like jury trials and the right to a defense.  And we are a nation of laws or we should be. We are rapidly becoming a nation of suggestions and feelings

I don't want to see America become nothing more than a liberal arts college
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 03:45:27 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #403 on: October 12, 2016, 03:58:26 pm »
@DiogenesLamp :

At the outset, the reason I'm picky about this argument is how it is used -- "don't vote for republicans/destroy the party".  I think that is a sufficiently dangerous course that it deserves opposition.  In fact, it's a lot of what motivated the Trump supporters in the primaries -- "we must elect Trump to destroy the GOP".  And I think most of us can see how well that's turned out....

Do you believe they did this because they were ideologically opposed to Garland,   or do you believe they did this because this is an election year and it would have greatly angered the base who already perceive them as "do nothings" ?

The why is irrelevant to the question of whether or not they, in fact, "gave Obama everything he wanted".  They did not. 

Their motives weren't within the purview of the initial claim.  Although I would add this -- at least with Republicans, elections raise the prospect of being able to put pressure on them from a conservative perspective.  With Democrats, the effect would be exactly the opposite.  In other words, if it would have been Democrats with a Senate majority, Garland would already have been confirmed.  So again, going back to the underlying assertion of it not really mattering who we elect...yes, it matters.

The suspicion further exists that were this not an election year,  they would confirm him just as they confirmed Loretta Lynch,  who has proven to be exactly the sort of corrupt government official which the base had feared.

Absolutely no argument there.  But we were in an election year, and the result therefore is different.  Had we nominated someone other than the Orange Freak, we would have gotten to appoint a justice far more likely to see things our way.  That is a huge, real world difference in results.   

That one i'll grant you.   Democrats would have approved it,   but is this the most significant thing on which he should have been opposed?

Whether it is the most significant thing they should have opposed doesn't make their opposition meaningless.  That's the standard, because again, the argument is "don't vote for Republicans because they don't do ianything to stop Obama anyway.  That is simply false.  They clearly didn't do as much to stop Obama as some of us would have liked, but that doesn't mean that they gave him everything, such that there is "no difference" between Democrats and Republicans.

How about this lawless non-budget we've been having for the last 8 years?   Also I haven't noticed the courts doing much to stop him.   They make noises,  but he keeps doing what he wants.

Again....  the issue is not whether they stopped everything.  It's whether they stopped nothing.  That's why I prefaced this entire conversation by first establishing where the goalposts actually are.  And they nevertheless seem to be creeping....

But again,  did they do this because they believed it was the right thing to do,  or did they do this because they believed that if they didn't,

So what?  The legal result on that issue is the exact same.  They did stop it.   And so what if they did it just so that voters wouldn't lynch them?  That's a great reason to elect Republicans -- because unlike Democrats, they are subject to pressure from conservative voters on some critical issues.  Not on all of them, but on some important ones, we can influence their votes in a positive direction.

My recollection is that they did pass legislation to modify when and how Obamacare was to be pressed down upon us.   They deliberately drained off much of it's poison so as to make it more palatable to people instead of forcing everyone to immediately feel it's horrible effects.

But they also refused to backstop the insurance companies.  Again, offering examples of where they failed to stop Obama does not prove they did not stop him in other areas.  In this particular case, it was the refusal to add additional funds, plus the Rubio Amendment.  Compare the result to if it had been Democrats in charge.  Massive additional subsidies, likely higher individual/employer penalties, no death spiral.  We are in a better position because they did not give in to Obama on that issue.   

Strategically the better approach would be to allow people to immediately suffer under Obamacare so as to create the political will necessary to repeal it.    This was a golden opportunity which they deliberately bungled because they do not seem to know how to play this political game properly.

That is exactly what the Rubio Amendment and related actions have done in pushing the exchanges into the death spiral.  They didn't do as much as we wanted, but they certainly did something of real consequence.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 04:10:21 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #404 on: October 12, 2016, 04:03:00 pm »
You keep ignoring the threat of power here.  It's a critical point that shouldn't be overlooked.

No, I'm not.  I'm saying that despite that "threat of power", a "no" or affirmative expression of refusal is required if you are going to accuse the man of assault -- again, given the limitations I expressed above.

And you keep ignoring the question of whether a man must get affirmative consent from a woman first before kissing or touching her in any way.  And to address your point, I'll limit it.  Must a wealthy, powerful, or popular (entertainment star, athlete, etc.) man ask permission, and get positive, affirmative consent from a women before kissing or touching her in any way?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #405 on: October 12, 2016, 04:24:58 pm »
No, I'm not.  I'm saying that despite that "threat of power", a "no" or affirmative expression of refusal is required if you are going to accuse the man of assault -- again, given the limitations I expressed above.

And you keep ignoring the question of whether a man must get affirmative consent from a woman first before kissing or touching her in any way.  And to address your point, I'll limit it.  Must a wealthy, powerful, or popular (entertainment star, athlete, etc.) man ask permission, and get positive, affirmative consent from a women before kissing or touching her in any way?
Most women who want contact with the wealthy, popular, or powerful have ways to indicate that through eye contact, speech, posture, body language, touching, etc. There really isn't much there that is ambiguous. If the situation is in question, there are much less offensive ways to touch a woman which would give some indication of whether or not one might consider proceeding to become more intimate, or whether she might be enthusiastic about that contact. Grabbing straight for parts considered 'private' isn't the best methodology in such instances. I'll grant we're not junior high kids on their way to their second date with Linda Sue at the movies wondering if we should drop our hand off her shoulder, but if a woman turns out of a guy's touch, that's an indicator she might not want the contact. Grabbing her crotch, only leaves one route for retreat (backwards) and if she's against a wall, no route for retreat at all.

My take on this was 'I own the pageant, so I own the contestants', Now extrapolate that to 'I am the President, I am the Boss....'
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

« Reply #406 on: October 12, 2016, 04:27:04 pm »
 I will have to say that the Trump candidacy has really turned the conservative movement on its head.

It seems if you like Trump or dislike Trump, some people have adopted a little bit of left-wing thinking to either support or oppose him.

Makes me pessimistic that it will ever recover. But it will have to because we have major problems facing this country in the short and long-term  fiscal, culturally, and economically in nature
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #407 on: October 12, 2016, 04:27:26 pm »
The constitutional conservative position is all people are entitled to the assumption of innocent till proven guilty.  Regardless of how bad you don't like Mr. Trump he still is entitled to that.

And we don't know what was in Mr. Trump's mind or any of these women's mind when any of this happened. Thats why we have things like jury trials and the right to a defense.  And we are a nation of laws or we should be. We are rapidly becoming a nation of suggestions and feelings?

This is not a courtroom trial. This is an election and opinions sway votes.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline LMAO

« Reply #408 on: October 12, 2016, 04:31:20 pm »

My take on this was 'I own the pageant, so I own the contestants', Now extrapolate that to 'I am the President, I am the Boss....'

@Smokin Joe

And you just veered into where the subject should be at.  Trump does seem to believe his wealth and fame allows him certain entitlements. I have always said that Trump's Twitter wars are disturbing. But they become a crisis when a president Trump has access to government agencies to go after opposition

« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 04:34:14 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #409 on: October 12, 2016, 04:32:47 pm »
This is not a courtroom trial. This is an election and opinions sway votes.

I won't  disagree with you on that. And it appears the voters have determined him guilty. Voters are not burdenedwith things like innocent till proven guilty and trial by jury....lol
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 04:33:26 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #410 on: October 12, 2016, 04:33:38 pm »

The Founders so disagreed on what the nature of God was (some were devout Christians, others deists) that they expressly barred religious tests and passed the Bill of Rights.

Oh jeeze,  another fallacy that would take much verbiage and examples to refute.    I will point out that the Declaration,  (That thing which actually created US Citizens)  asserts that it's authority comes from God.   The Articles of Confederacy acknowledges this too,  and to many people's surprise,  so does the US Constitution.    In fact,  it was widely understood throughout all of society at that time that all power comes from God.   

Modern people have no comprehension of how deeply religion suffused society back in those days.     That government derived from God was de rigueur in political philosophy of the time.   We modern folk have been bamboozled into thinking the founders were a bunch of Secular Atheists,  when in fact their intent on barring religious test for holding office were a necessary compromise made between a coalition of states with differing official religions.    (Maryland was Catholic,  Virginia was Anglican,  Pennsylvania was Quaker,  and so forth)   

They couldn't allow religious tests on doctrine because it would effectively stop people from states with differing denominations from holding federal office.    It was a practical effort to reassure States with differing official religions from being excluded in the national governance.   It had absolutely nothing to do with keeping the government equally neutral to all religions.     

It was understood by all at that time that the government was explicitly Christian and that it's power to govern over others derived from God.    Every nation in the world at the time recognized the "Divine Right of Kings"  (Meaning the King rules because it was God's will)   and so too did the Fledgling Republic believe that all civil power derived from God.   

Natural Law is not accepted in court. See Lawrence v. Texas, Obergfell v. Hodges for prime examples.

Are you telling me that you simply accept what modern courts say in overturning precedent as old as the nation?     You do know the vote was Kennedy, joined by Stevens, Souter, Ginsburg, Breyer? 

Most conservatives believe that Liberal courts are distorting the constitution,  not applying it accurately and in context.   

Roe v Wade asserts the 14th amendment as it's legal authority.    That an amendment specifically designed to grant citizenship to former slaves is the legal authority to kill babies is utter nonsense,  and most conservatives recognize that the Courts have been full of nonsense every since Franklin Roosevelt and Harry Truman spent a couple of decades stacking the courts with Kooks. 

I argue about the insanity of the Courts all the time,   and it is a strange conservative that regards the courts as correct when they overturn precedent which is older than the Nation. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #411 on: October 12, 2016, 04:38:55 pm »
Oh, no argument, if we were going to put Mr. Trump on trial, if he was going to face fines or jail time for a crime. However his behaviour, as evidenced in his statements about his behaviour, is indicative of other issues. Those issues are not something that can be adjudicated, but will have impact on his behaviour going forward, and quite possibly bespeak a foible which could have negative implications for the entire nation.
And we don't know what was in Mr. Trump's mind or any of these women's mind when any of this happened. Thats why we have things like jury trials and the right to a defense.  And we are a nation of laws or we should be. We are rapidly becoming a nation of suggestions and feelings
I seriously doubt a jury trial would necessarily bring forth what was on his mind, or theirs, either. If he was at his worst and his thoughts could lead to conviction, he could not be forced to testify against himself, could contend his statements were taken out of context, etc. and any testimony otherwise about whet he was thinking would be mere speculation and not evidential.
In a situation without witnesses (who would agree to testify, knowing they would have a hard time ever getting a job again), one might be able to make a case. But, then, predators are often quite good at separating prey from the herd, and such advances would not be made in a venue where they could be observed.
I don't want to see America become nothing more than a liberal arts college
In the classical sense (40-50 years ago), that might not have been such a bad thing. As it looks now, me neither.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #412 on: October 12, 2016, 04:40:44 pm »
@Smokin Joe

And you just veered into where the subject should be at.  Trump does seem to believe his wealth and fame allows him certain entitlements. I have always said that Trump's Twitter wars are disturbing. But they become a crisis when a president Trump has access to government agencies to go after opposition
@LMAO
In a nutshell, I see a distinct tendency to abuse power, and do so to settle personal scores or for personal gain. That bodes ill, indeed.

C S Lewis

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #413 on: October 12, 2016, 04:47:34 pm »
She also kept misrepresenting what I said on a post yesterday and kept telling me I had  a lousy marriage lol. She is a master  at throwing out insults. I agree with you on Trump..he is a flaming ahole but I know he won't take away our guns, will be business friendly and will stand up to the PC that is infecting our country. Illegals? I doubt he will do much..maybe enforce the border more. Not sure if he will get the wall built.

With Hillary I know we will get more social justice warrior laws crammed down our necks, more gov't regulation and less freedom. I fairly confident Hilliary is going to be the next  president because half the GOP is fighting Trump. And wait until she puts in liberal SC justices..I'm going to laugh at all The Christian never Trumpers when they don't recognize their Christian schools and churches after a liberal SC get done with them.

@DiogenesLamp
@musiclady

Absolutely agree with you about a significant chunk (mainly the Rockefeller wing "elites")  of the party is fighting their own nominee.   I would respect them if they just shut up,   but trying to assist the media in making a bunch of crude talk into a significant issue while we have Russia moving nuclear missiles into the Baltic,  while ISIS is murdering thousands of people,  especially Christians,  illegals streaming across the border and 20 trillion dollars in debt?   

These are people who do not have a proper sense of priority.   Thousands of people are going to die because they want to elevate profanity to importance!    Really I think this is more about "virtue signaling"  and hating Trump for various reasons (he beat Jeb)  rather than any real concern for what is best for the nation.   

What is best for the nation is a future that does not include Hillary Nazi Clinton in a position of power. 

What we have are a lot of people who are caught up in elevating trivialities and as a result they are throwing the baby out with the bathwater.   They are jumping from the frying pan into the fire,  and thereby causing the rest of us to fall into it with them.   

I feel like I am living in Germany in 1933.   We are oblivious to the dangers posed by that Hilli-Monter. 

Trump's an @$$,   but Hillary is a vicious monster who will get people killed both inadvertently *and* deliberately. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #414 on: October 12, 2016, 05:26:29 pm »
Most women who want contact with the wealthy, popular, or powerful have ways to indicate that through eye contact, speech, posture, body language, touching, etc. There really isn't much there that is ambiguous.

To the contrary, I think a great deal of that is ambiguous.  People honestly misread such signals all the time.  That doesn't mean that are aren't some very clear signals - just that a great many signals are not clear.  And hat begs the question of what we do if a guy misreads something, and the woman does not respond with a "no" after he acts.  What the hell do we do with that?

I know women who have had guys make a crude pass, shot them down, and been fine with it afterwards.  I've seen people act that way when they get a bit of booze in them, both ways.  And I'm reluctant to label all of those instances "sexual assault", with the corresponding rallying of the lynch mob, without ensuring that I've got a good feeling for the context.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 05:30:42 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #415 on: October 12, 2016, 05:36:01 pm »
To the contrary, I think a great deal of that is ambiguous.  People honestly misread such signals all the time.  That doesn't mean that are aren't some very clear signals - just that a great many signals are not clear.  And hat begs the question of what we do if a guy misreads something, and the woman does not respond with a "no" after he acts.  What the hell do we do with that?

I know women who have had guys make a crude pass, shot them down, and been fine with it afterwards.  I've seen people act that way when they get a bit of booze in them, both ways.  And I'm reluctant to label all of those instances "sexual assault", with the corresponding rallying of the lynch mob, without ensuring that I've got a good feeling for the context.
Again, out of context. In a bar is one thing, drinking is another instance where poor judgement might apply. But shopping for furniture? Changing clothes for the Miss America Pageant backstage? Going back to her room and finding him naked in the bed? This isn't a stolen kiss or a pat on the butt we're talking about, it's a crotch grab as the opening gambit.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #416 on: October 12, 2016, 05:40:30 pm »

The subject is not "touching a woman in any way."  The subject is explicit, unsolicited sexual contact between a powerful, rich man, and a weaker woman (both physically and in terms of position).

If you are referring to just kissing and holding hands between equals, we are not discussing what Trump did.

And that IS the subject here, is it not?  What you are asking is a side issue, and IMO, diversionary and irrelevant to the discussion.

(btw, GO TRIBE!  :laugh:)
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #417 on: October 12, 2016, 05:42:58 pm »
I won't  disagree with you on that. And it appears the voters have determined him guilty. Voters are not burdenedwith things like innocent till proven guilty and trial by jury....lol

Many people take the confession of guilt as guilt.  He is a sexual predator who molested women, based on his own admission.

For most people, that's enough to keep him from being President.

IMO, it should be for ALL people, but that's obviously not the case.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #418 on: October 12, 2016, 05:43:36 pm »
Hitting on married women is scummy, but I don't think it counts as a disqualifier for office.

But you expect the same man to respect his vows to uphold the Constitution and faithfully execute the Laws of the United States, and expect others in his regime to respect and uphold their vows to the same when he clearly does not uphold his own personal marriage vows or respect the vows of others whom he desires?

You have either deceived yourself or do not think character has any bearing on how one governs.

Very dangerous combination for an electorate to have.  It's how genocidal madmen are granted power and afforded space to do their will.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #419 on: October 12, 2016, 05:49:55 pm »
And when you're a star they let you do it

consenting female, not an assault. Plus he was just bragging in some private "man talk". The whole thing is ridiculous, there is no there there. Just another attempt by the media and the uniparty to take down Trump.

That is not man talk.  That is pervert talk.  I've known a lot of good men in my life, including my husband, who would never ever say things like that.  What's more, they would never listen to that kind of utter sleaze.

If you want to worship a man like that, I guess you can, but don't expect the rest of us to do it.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #420 on: October 12, 2016, 05:51:49 pm »
That is not man talk.  That is pervert talk.  I've known a lot of good men in my life, including my husband, who would never ever say things like that.  What's more, they would never listen to that kind of utter sleaze.

If you want to worship a man like that, I guess you can, but don't expect the rest of us to do it.
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,229289.0/topicseen.html
Trump Walked in on Miss Teen USA Contestants While They Were Changing — Some As Young as 15

« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 05:56:55 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #421 on: October 12, 2016, 05:54:04 pm »
That's the subtlety that just gets lost when this stuff is reduced to a few words on a page, or in a casual statement.  We simply don't know the full context.

Subtlety???  Thy name is not Donald Trump.  If you want to defend the sleazy pervert, I guess you can.  But there is a plethora of stuff out there that Donald Trump cannot deny.

Even if you think it's 'just words' ... are you really for a president who would use those 'words'?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #422 on: October 12, 2016, 05:54:28 pm »
Do you really think the women Trump has supposedly done this to are innocent little virgins on religious camp in the Big Apple?

No, they are rough and tumble, streetwise, know what and whom they are dealing with and have dealt with guys plenty worse than Trump and shall I say it... most if not all women who flock around Trump are Gold Diggers or want something out of him also.  Like people hang out together.

Only one woman has claimed Trump did this to her (Jill Harth?) and she has praised him as a candidate and is supporting him.

@musiclady

You brought up multiple strawmen arguments in one brief post.  Kudos.  That must have taken quite the effort.

But since it would be time consuming to try to deal with all of them, and since I know based on your very bad behavior yesterday (mods deleting your ugly posts on 2 different threads, and all that) that you won't deal well with the truth when it's given to you, nor to an opinion other than your warped view on humanity, so I won't waste the time.

Good bye.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #423 on: October 12, 2016, 05:56:03 pm »
An awful lot gets ignored as not worthy of complaint. Someone is out of line, you put them back in line, end of story. In many cases, it's just not worth complaining about--but we're guys, and yes, Virginia, there is a double standard there.

But, once again, we're seeing a small rock sticking out of an ocean. That little chunk of lithic material above sea level isn't floating, it isn't something isolated, rather it has a lot beneath it holding it up.

The idea that because he is somebody he can conduct himself in such a fashion as to ignore the patent lack of desire some women may have for his advances is the foundation that small rock sits on. Whether that be callous disregard for other people, objectification, hubris on his part, or the idea that somehow money and a little fame (often seen as equating to power) grant him immunity from the rules--whether those be just common decency or the Law--a lot unseen underlies his behaviour.
You decide whether that is just a rare instance of misguided testosterone, like a rock floating in the ocean, or the tip of a seamount, just the momentary manifestation of a much deeper syndrome of behaviour. If the latter, then it bespeaks an attitude that the ordinary rules don't apply to him as a result of his wealth or fame or power, some form of jus primae noctis or droit du seigneur.

As for assault, well, one possible metric is simple enough to apply. If the average guy did what he claimed he did to whom he did it to, would he be facing charges? If you or I walked in on Miss USA pageant contestants changing clothes? Laid nude in their hotel beds waiting for them?  Groped married women while 'shopping for furniture'? What are the chances we would be arrested for such behaviour?

If he only 'got away with it' because of wealth, fame, or 'power', that bespeaks a serious tendency to abuse that power, if not the feeling that he is entitled to do so. That's the mountain that puts the little rock above the waves. We know what Hillary will do with such an attitude. After all, 'rules are for little people'. Unfortunately, supporting that mentality from the allegedly Conservative end of the political spectrum would leave no place at the table for the Rule of Law.

Yep!  I would love for Olivia Benson to get hold of this pervert.  He'd be behind bars so quick he wouldn't have time to grab the TicTacs.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #424 on: October 12, 2016, 05:57:14 pm »
Yep!  I would love for Olivia Benson to get hold of this pervert.  He'd be behind bars so quick he wouldn't have time to grab the TicTacs.

hehe............... now THAT would be a sight to behold!