Author Topic: Laura Ingraham: We've been waiting for this moment  (Read 68038 times)

Offline LMAO

Re: Laura Ingraham: We've been waiting for this moment
« Reply #375 on: October 12, 2016, 02:30:02 pm »

I didn't respond to the rest of your post, sorry.

You know, over the past few days, I've been dealing with an impulse to give in to anger at the way conservative men are defending Trump's actions and attempting to minimize them.  So much for the idea of rightwing men thinking women should be protected and treated like ladies.  Chalk up another eye-opening, unpleasant revelation to 2016.

I don't have to be a liberal feminist to demand decent treatment from men.  I demand it, and I don't apologize for it.  I don't mind a bit when a man makes a pass at me.  I take it as a compliment.  What Trump described is entirely different.  It is sexual assault.

As a married woman, I smile and politely discourage a man who shows interest in me.  But as I've said elsewhere, if some guy walked up and kissed me, he would receive a hard slap.  If he grabbed the part of my body Trump grabs, he'd walk away with blood running down his face and maybe minus an eye.

I don't think anyone is defending Trump's behavior. Watching the way he has conducted his campaign thus far, and then reading what he said in that 2005 tape, along with what he has said to Stern, it all wraps up the unpleasantness that is Mr Trump. Trump is of the belief that women exist to serve a need for him. That's why he responded the way he did to Megyn Kelly's tough interview

But I think we are losing the language here. Too many are more focused on a legal term verses an unbecoming behavior. I've read enough stories about young college men's academic lives being ruined because of the so called campus "Rape Culture" that has a much broader definition than how the law defines rape.

And there is no context in the statement he made. If he said, " you can go up and kiss them and grab them by the genitals and they won't say anything or dare make a complaint because you're a star" then that's entirely a different issue. I've seen documentaries of aging rock stars were they talk about their past groupies and how those women would let them do whatever they want because of their star power. Never raised an eye before but Trump says the exact same thing and all of a sudden it's a crime and we have Towers of Virtue like Shwartzenneggar(sp) and Hillary Clinton in feigned outrage and shock

« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 02:36:05 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #376 on: October 12, 2016, 02:34:31 pm »
Twenty-six and a half days before the election, multiple post second debate polls have Hillary up somewhere between 8 and 9 points over Trump.

No candidate in the modern era of polling has ever climbed back from more than 4 points behind over the final month of the campaign to win the presidency.

I hope that the idea of Trump "laying a glove" on Hillary is worth the sight of Hillary wearing the championship belt for the next four years for these people.

@Luis Gonzalez

I don't think any reasonable person believes Trump is going to make it at this point

But if you want to see delusion, take a gander at FR. I go back because I'm still on a economics/finance ping list but I can't help but read some of the things people say to deny a reality
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline musiclady

« Reply #377 on: October 12, 2016, 02:34:37 pm »
No, I'm not saying that they liked it.  It is clear that some of his passes were shot down in flames.  What I'm saying is that a crude pass is different from an assault in the face of a "no".

And if you think he should be brought to justice over this, fine.  Let someone file an assault charge.

If they aren't too afraid to. Men in power are intimidating.

That's part of the abusiveness of predators like Clinton and Trump and why their molestation of young women is so vile.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #378 on: October 12, 2016, 02:42:13 pm »
Aside from the 'birther' issue (which America had already heard once going the other way), all the other dirt that could be manufactured had been thrown at Cruz by the Trump people.

There is a distinct difference between Cruz and Obama.   Obama is believed to have been born inside the United States,   while Cruz is known to be born in Canada.   

The media has spent the last 8 years harping on the claim that being born here makes you a "natural born citizen",   and that is what most of the public  believes.   

An additional difference is that Supreme Court legal precedence does not support the claim that someone can be born in a foreign country to only one citizen and still be regarded as a natural citizen.   In fact,  it says the exact opposite.   Rogers v Bellei is very clear on this point,  and it *IS*  Supreme Court precedent.   

Another Supreme Court ruling,  and one which is considered a LANDMARK ruling,  says quite clearly that being born outside the country makes you a "naturalized"   citizen,  and not a "natural born citizen."

I'll cite what the Supreme Court said in their Landmark 1898 ruling in US v Wong Kim Ark.   

Every person born in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, becomes at once a citizen of the United States, and needs no naturalization. A person born out of the jurisdiction of the United States can only become a citizen by being naturalized, either by treaty, as in the case [p703] of the annexation of foreign territory, or by authority of Congress, exercised either by declaring certain classes of persons to be citizens, as in the enactments conferring citizenship upon foreign-born children of citizens, or by enabling foreigners individually to become citizens by proceedings in the judicial tribunals, as in the ordinary provisions of the naturalization acts.

I think Cruz may have had a tougher time in court than people realize. 

Had Trump not been in the race, I think Cruz would have won handily, despite the media. Polls showed him beating Hillary, and Cruz would have gone after her, not other Republicans.

I don't put much stock in polls for an election campaign that hadn't even started,   and I note how the media helped spread Trump's lies about Cruz.   

Cruz was the alternative candidate that Hillary's wikileaks emails indicates she wanted.   

My thinking is that if the electorate was sane,   we would not be hearing of candidate "Hillary."   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline LMAO

« Reply #379 on: October 12, 2016, 02:43:58 pm »

That's part of the abusiveness of predators like Clinton and Trump and why their molestation of young women is so vile.

@musiclady

And what you said is true. The Major and I are not excusing what Trump did. I have no doubt Trump views women as subordinate to him and will use his star power to his advantage.

The question becomes was there assault or not? If these women kissed back, and then let him touch their genitals, but never gave indications to him to stop, in his mind, then they must be ok with it.

They may have thought, "I don't like this but if I don't kiss back or let him touch me, he could ruin my life," but then that assumes he should be able to read their minds. Women forget that us guys read things different than they do.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 02:46:07 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #380 on: October 12, 2016, 02:46:17 pm »

I don't know how it is possible to "bring him to justice" if nobody files a charge.  And that's also the only way you get a full description, from the victim, of exactly what occurred, her reaction, etc.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 02:59:34 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #381 on: October 12, 2016, 02:51:26 pm »

You say you are "Mensa"  smart,   yet you keep misrepresenting me even though I have explicitly clarified this point for you at least once.   Once again,   I am not a Trump lover,   I am merely someone who is  resigned to Trump as a tool to beat Hillary,  of whom I am a very active and long term hater

I get it that you object to my speech.    We are all censorious  little Dictators at heart,   but most of us have developed the maturity to deal with hearing things we don't like.

She also kept misrepresenting what I said on a post yesterday and kept telling me I had  a lousy marriage lol. She is a master  at throwing out insults. I agree with you on Trump..he is a flaming ahole but I know he won't take away our guns, will be business friendly and will stand up to the PC that is infecting our country. Illegals? I doubt he will do much..maybe enforce the border more. Not sure if he will get the wall built.

With Hillary I know we will get more social justice warrior laws crammed down our necks, more gov't regulation and less freedom. I fairly confident Hilliary is going to be the next  president because half the GOP is fighting Trump. And wait until she puts in liberal SC justices..I'm going to laugh at all The Christian never Trumpers when they don't recognize their Christian schools and churches after a liberal SC get done with them.

@DiogenesLamp
@musiclady

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #382 on: October 12, 2016, 02:53:32 pm »
They may have thought, "I don't like this but if I don't kiss back or let him touch me, he could ruin my life," but then that assumes he should be able to read their minds.

This is exactly the point at which these discussions always break down.  Every single time.  The standard idea that a crime requires a criminal state of mind on the part of the perpetrator just gets abandoned in the face of the subjective perceptions of the victim.

Silver Pines

« Reply #383 on: October 12, 2016, 02:56:07 pm »
That was implied, "they let me do it". First I am tried of talking about this, Trump was joking and bragging in a private "man talk" conservation. There is no evidence that he ever did any of the things he was bragging he could do.

Much more important to me is stopping the flow of millions of illegals into the USA.
Much more important to me stopping the flow of hundreds of thousands of unvetted Islamists "refugees" into the USA.
Much more important to me is stopping a Hillary amnesty that gives the vote to tens of millions of Marxists.
Much more important to me is securing our southern border and enforcing our immigration laws.
Much more important to me is renegotiating bad trade deals that have sent our jobs and our wealth over seas.
Much more important to me is stopping our involvement in these useless unwinable nation building wars.
Much more important to me is working with Russia to wipe out ISIS instead of arming and training ISIS like this administration (Hillary) is doing.

@jpsb

Instead of trying to wiggle his words around and spin an implication from them, just take them as he said them, straight out, and use your own common sense.

He said he kissed women without permission, and then said he could do anything, even grabbing their crotches.  That action is an extension of the kissing, of the liberties he believed he could take.  "They let me do it" means they let him get away with it.  Now tell me, if he didn't ask permission to kiss them, do you think he asked if he could grope them?  Do you think gropers are in the habit of doing so?

Rudy Giuliani, former prosecutor and Trump lackey, said that what Trump described was sexual assault.

As for your list of things Trump claims he'll do, there's no evidence to believe he'll make good on any of that---in fact, the contrary is true, since much of it has been walked back already.  Yet we're supposed to take him at his word when he makes promises, but not when he admits to sexually assaulting women. 

I'm really disappointed in conservative men who give lip service to protecting & honoring women while defending that disgusting, slimy, creepy old pervert.  If that liar's empty promises are "much more important" to you than his assaults on women, I guess it's good we have that out in the open.  But in the future don't pretend that you give a damn about women, all right?  And conservative women won't bother standing up for you anymore, either. 

Silver Pines

« Reply #384 on: October 12, 2016, 03:04:21 pm »

@LMAO

I don't think anyone is defending Trump's behavior. Watching the way he has conducted his campaign thus far, and then reading what he said in that 2005 tape, along with what he has said to Stern, it all wraps up the unpleasantness that is Mr Trump. Trump is of the belief that women exist to serve a need for him. That's why he responded the way he did to Megyn Kelly's tough interview

It's being defended on this thread and elsewhere on the site.  There's a thread titled something like, "You women crack me up."

But I think we are losing the language here. Too many are more focused on a legal term verses an unbecoming behavior. I've read enough stories about young college men's academic lives being ruined because of the so called campus "Rape Culture" that has a much broader definition than how the law defines rape.

Did you read my post to you?

Giuliani admitted it was assault.  Don't you think a former prosecutor understands the difference between a legal term and unbecoming behavior?

And there is no context in the statement he made. If he said, " you can go up and kiss them and grab them by the genitals and they won't say anything or dare make a complaint because you're a star" then that's entirely a different issue. I've seen documentaries of aging rock stars were they talk about their past groupies and how those women would let them do whatever they want because of their star power. Never raised an eye before but Trump says the exact same thing and all of a sudden it's a crime and we have Towers of Virtue like Shwartzenneggar(sp) and Hillary Clinton in feigned outrage and shock

Yeah, I guess you have to be a prude living in a "tower of virtue" to believe that grabbing a woman's genitals is assault.  She's just a groupie who wanted it to begin with.

There's no use repeating myself when you're ignoring what I post.  Defend Trump as you will.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #385 on: October 12, 2016, 03:06:38 pm »
He said he kissed women without permission....

I did not get permission from every girl I ever kissed either.  Nor did I get permission for each additional step along the way.  I mean....do we really need to go into how those things happen in the real world?  Are guys supposed to get express permission at each additional level of physical intimacy?

Like I said, I've been grabbed, etc. by women who did not first obtain either express or implied permission.  They figured I might be game, and if I wasn't....was it assault?  If not, why not?

There's clearly a line...somewhere.   I generally think it must be at the point of "what happened when you said no, pulled away, etc."  And I'd also say that there is a line crossed if you skip right from 0-60 -- just grabbing a woman in the crotch, without any indication from the woman that she is interested, is a line crossed regardless of whether there was a "no" or not.

The problem I have is that it seems to be something of an all or nothing approach, and that's not realistic.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 03:11:45 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #386 on: October 12, 2016, 03:11:33 pm »

There is a distinct difference between Cruz and Obama.   Obama is believed to have been born inside the United States,   while Cruz is known to be born in Canada. 
I guess it depends on who you talk to. I have heard Canada, Kenya, and even Indonesia. Also that Stanley Ann Dunham's lack of years in residence after the age of 14 made her ability to confer citizenship a question. And then, there is the 'birth certificate'  a layerd electronic construct pretty widely accepted as bogus. Ask Loretta Fuddy about that. (Oops, you can't. The M.E. said she died of an arrhythmia even though she had never been diagnosed with any heart condition at all, after surviving (with all others on board) ditching a plane between islands. (She ties into the Subud Cult, too, which goes back to Indonesia, but that's another story).  So, no, that issue was far from agreed upon.

But the Cruz issue did hit the press, and the courts before Trump got the nomination--in fact, it was one of Trump's weapons aimed at Cruz.

In fact, GOPee insiders weighed in: http://hotair.com/archives/2016/01/12/mitch-mcconnell-why-no-the-senate-wont-pass-a-resolution-affirming-cruzs-eligibility-like-it-did-for-mccain/

The NYT  picked it up: http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/01/15/lawsuit-questions-ted-cruzs-eligibility-to-be-president/?_r=0

Fox was asking about it: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/01/14/who-can-settle-cruz-eligibility-question-once-and-for-all.html

A congressman: http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-01-06/congressman-readies-ted-cruz-eligibility-lawsuit-with-eye-on-mom

Bloggers: https://citizenwells.com/2016/03/27/ted-cruz-pa-eligibility-challenge-appeal-fast-tracked-in-pennsylvania-supreme-court-elliott-v-cruz-elliott-represented-by-attorney-david-j-farrell-cruz-a-natural-born-citizen-pa-primary-schedul/

USA Today: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/02/18/reports-chicago-court-hear-case-knock-cruz-off-white-house-ballot/80586608/

And yet, there he was, still on the ballot.
The media has spent the last 8 years harping on the claim that being born here makes you a "natural born citizen",   and that is what most of the public  believes.   

An additional difference is that Supreme Court legal precedence does not support the claim that someone can be born in a foreign country to only one citizen and still be regarded as a natural citizen.   In fact,  it says the exact opposite.   Rogers v Bellei is very clear on this point,  and it *IS*  Supreme Court precedent.   

Another Supreme Court ruling,  and one which is considered a LANDMARK ruling,  says quite clearly that being born outside the country makes you a "naturalized"   citizen,  and not a "natural born citizen."

I'll cite what the Supreme Court said in their Landmark 1898 ruling in US v Wong Kim Ark.   

I think Cruz may have had a tougher time in court than people realize. 

I don't put much stock in polls for an election campaign that hadn't even started,   and I note how the media helped spread Trump's lies about Cruz.   

Cruz was the alternative candidate that Hillary's wikileaks emails indicates she wanted.   

My thinking is that if the electorate was sane,   we would not be hearing of candidate "Hillary."
I honestly think Cruz versus Hillary would have come down on Cruz as victor. After all, if half the people who claimed to have supported Cruz , but are now supporting Trump in desperation actually supported Cruz, he should have won.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 03:11:57 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

« Reply #387 on: October 12, 2016, 03:12:52 pm »
I did not get permission from every girl I ever kissed either.  Nor did I get permission for each additional step along the way.  I mean....do we really need to go into how those things happen in the real world?  Are guys supposed to get express permission at each additional level of physical intimacy?

Like I said, I've been grabbed, etc. by women who did not first obtain either express or implied permission.  They figured I might be game, and if I wasn't....was it assault?  If not, why not?

Neither have I.  Nor do I get permission from my wife every time I kiss her.  But when I was  dating ,if I tried to kiss a girl and she pushed me away I would stop .   And I'm not going to judge until I know the context of all of this. I think too many are letting their opposition to Mr. Trump cloud  their normal judgment. for one, all we have is words

Ultimately Trump is innocent until proven guilty.  He's at least entitled to that . And  I'll leave it at that
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 03:14:30 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline musiclady

« Reply #388 on: October 12, 2016, 03:13:22 pm »
I would like to hear from some of these "conservative" men excusing Trump's behavior here.....

If you have a college age or twenty something daughter and she is a groupie of a rock star and gets a chance to meet him, would YOU be ok if he kissed her and then grabbed her genitals??

Would you excuse the molestation because she was a groupie and didn't say no???

Do you realize what kind of evil you are tacitly or some of you overtly condoning??

If trump molested your daughter would you be so cavalier in his defense??

If so, that is disgusting..
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 03:15:27 pm by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #389 on: October 12, 2016, 03:13:44 pm »
Okay, but let's start off by setting the goalposts in the correct place.  The argument to which I was responding was that there is no value in electing Republicans down-ticket because the GOP Congress "gave Obama everything he wanted."  I mention that because it is almost a ridiculously low bar to meet, and I'm just the guy to meet a really low bar. 

So, I listed some of the major things Obama wanted that Congress did not give him:

1) They did not confirm Garland.   That likely saved both Citizens United and Heller.  Those two issues alone are huge.  It is also highly relevant because of the next two points: 

Do you believe they did this because they were ideologically opposed to Garland,   or do you believe they did this because this is an election year and it would have greatly angered the base who already perceive them as "do nothings" ?     Yes,  the Senate did the right thing,   but the suspicion is that they did it  for exactly the wrong reasons.    The suspicion further exists that were this not an election year,  they would confirm him just as they confirmed Loretta Lynch,  who has proven to be exactly the sort of corrupt government official which the base had feared.   

2) Congress refused to modify the Clean Air Act as he requested, so he was forced to try to implement his global warming agenda via regulatory action/executive order.  He was stopped by the courts.

That one i'll grant you.   Democrats would have approved it,   but is this the most significant thing on which he should have been opposed?   How about this lawless non-budget we've been having for the last 8 years?   Also I haven't noticed the courts doing much to stop him.   They make noises,  but he keeps doing what he wants.   

3) They refused to pass his immigration bill, so he was forced to try to get legal status for millions of illegals via regulatory/executive order.  Again, he was shot down by the courts.  And, a rehearing on this by the Supreme Court was just denied.  Had Garland been confirmed, the rehearing likely would have been granted, and Obama's executive actions would have been allowed to proceed.  That would have been game over on immigration.

But again,  did they do this because they believed it was the right thing to do,  or did they do this because they believed that if they didn't,  the voters would enact vengeance upon them?  I'm getting the impression that many of them are actually in favor of illegal immigration,   but have to tell the voters what they want to hear.   

4) They refused to pass amendments he wanted to the Affordable Care Act, and in fact passed legislation barring the use of federal funds to backstop insurance companies that were losing money in the exchanges.  The result of those failed amendments and legislation has been to force ObamaCare into the death spiral.

My recollection is that they did pass legislation to modify when and how Obamacare was to be pressed down upon us.   They deliberately drained off much of it's poison so as to make it more palatable to people instead of forcing everyone to immediately feel it's horrible effects.   

Strategically the better approach would be to allow people to immediately suffer under Obamacare so as to create the political will necessary to repeal it.    This was a golden opportunity which they deliberately bungled because they do not seem to know how to play this political game properly.   

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."

-Abraham Lincoln-

Again, I want to emphasize that considering where the goalposts were set - "there is no value in electing Republicans" - pointing out times where they failed to stop Obama doesn't advance the ball on the other side.  Someone literally must show that they caved on everything, which cannot be done.

I am of two minds about this.   I am very cognizant of the fact that as Jefferson said:

"... all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. "

and I recognize that the Republicans holding the House and Senate did a little good,   but in order to right what I perceive to be grave problems in our current government I do not believe this is sufficient.   

We must change the existing paradigm.   We must either Advance,  or we must create the conditions necessary for a future advance.    Their efforts to provide a holding action against Obama were pathetic.   I remember when Tip O'Niell was speaker of the house,   so I have a baseline from which to compare their efforts.   

Tip O'Niell would have destroyed Obama.  (Had they been on opposite sides.)   The closest we have come to Tip O'Neill's intransigence is Newt Gingrich,   and the media warred on him relentlessly,  but he put up a fight.    A real fight.   He forced Clinton to balance the budget ,  and he pushed Clinton into embracing Welfare Reform.   

So we have two paths.   One path is to elect Republicans that will fight the Federal Leviathan, (if they  *WILL* fight)  and the other path is to cut the brakes and let the system  bludgeon the populace until it engenders sufficient wrath in the people who will then demand "change."   

Both are fraught with potential disaster,  and at this point I am not sure which is the better choice for the long term benefit of the Nation.   Obviously a lot of the "never Trumpers"  think  the "Let it burn"  solution is the better choice. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #390 on: October 12, 2016, 03:17:55 pm »
Scoundrel Media Bankruptcy: Glorifying Hillary, Vilifying Trump

Lockstep US political reporting is the most vulgar and disgraceful in modern memory, anywhere in Western societies, revealing unprecedented moral and ethical media bankruptcy.

Praise for a ruthless woman belonging in prison, not high office, shows how low political reporting has sunk. Trump bashing showed political assassination reaching depths never thought possible.

It’s not a pretty picture, exposing how bad presstitution can get. Hillary represents an unprecedented menace.

Yet The New Times promotes her candidacy with daily religious fervor, shamelessly headlining a Tuesday piece “ ‘I’m the Last Thing Standing Between You and the Apocalypse,’ “ quoting her shameless Big Lie.

The rest of the puff piece could have been, and likely was, written by Hillary’s staff, expressing undisguised adulation, not a critical or discouraging word or thought - polar opposite fair, impartial commentary and analysis.

NYT: “Clinton (is) warm and animated…Her contempt for Trump (is) clear…’I’m not going to lose’ on November 8, she said.

Fact: Indeed she’ll win because power brokers won’t tolerate a Trump presidency, fearing his independence might compromise their ruthless agenda.

Fact: When cameras are running, Hillary oozes cordiality. Her private persona is polar opposite, a she-devil, reviling democratic values and rule of law principles, unaccountable for high crimes too great to ignore.

Fact: She despises anyone daring to challenge for the prize she covets - returning the Clinton crime family co-presidency to the White House.

The entire Times article read like a made-for-media Hillary promotion, excluding anything possibly harming her campaign - polar opposite what real journalism is supposed to be, a disgusting display of partisanship.

Yet it defeated its purpose by being excessively long and boring. Most readers don’t go beyond the first half dozen or less paragraphs.

A separate same-day article headlined How Hillary Became ‘Hillary’ was another shameless puff piece promotion, pretending to be legitimate journalism, found nowhere in Times editions on issues mattering most.

In stark contrast to shameless Hillary promotion, Trump bashing exceeds Star Trek - going where journalism (sic) never went before.

Neocon Washington Post reporting is especially galling. The publication long ago fell from grace. Here’s a snapshot of recent opinion page commentaries:

“Donald Trump is four centuries too late - He would have enjoyed the wealth and suppression of the 17th century.” Lake Wobegon’s Garrison Keillor embarrassed himself with the rubbish he wrote.

“Donald Trump is one more bullyboy in a world of strongmen.” David Ignatius is best known as a CIA asset, serving its interests, not readers.

“Why we shouldn’t forgive the Republicans who sold their souls. The GOP’s inability to stop Trump shows the party is unfit to lead the country.” Neocon Robert Kagan co-founded the Project for the New American Century (now called the Foreign Policy Initiative), endorsing a permanent US war agenda for unchallenged world dominance.

“Why Hillary Clinton is the right choice for progressives.” Nation magazine editor Katrina vanden Heuvel continues the publication’s shameless editorial policy from inception, most often supporting America’s imperial agenda and other US policies demanding denunciation.

“Trump files for moral bankruptcy”

“Trump can’t stop his campaign’s death spiral”

Donald Trump is the GOP’s chemotherapy…a marvelously efficient acid bath, stripping away his supporters’ surfaces…”

“Donal Trump’s strategy for minority Americans? Don’t let them vote.”

“Reasonable Republicans can’t save the GOP from Trump”

All of the above was from a single issue. Similar attack pieces continue daily, compared to shameless praise alone for Hillary.

US power brokers chose her to succeed Obama last year or earlier. Trump never had a chance from the get-go.

Prepare for the worst. Hillary’s ascension to power is a prescription for possible nuclear war on Russia, along with full-blown homeland tyranny under martial law to eliminate nonbelievers.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #391 on: October 12, 2016, 03:23:27 pm »

> snip<
But again,  did they do this because they believed it was the right thing to do,  or did they do this because they believed that if they didn't,  the voters would enact vengeance upon them?  I'm getting the impression that many of them are actually in favor of illegal immigration,   but have to tell the voters what they want to hear. 
   WHo cares, if the right thing was done. Maybe we should have elections every year, or the option to recall.

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."

-Abraham Lincoln-
It depends on the law. If the law stated "All in opposition to this law shall be summarily shot." there might be a better course of action.

I am of two minds about this.   I am very cognizant of the fact that as Jefferson said:

"... all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. "

and I recognize that the Republicans holding the House and Senate did a little good,   but in order to right what I perceive to be grave problems in our current government I do not believe this is sufficient.   

We must change the existing paradigm.   We must either Advance,  or we must create the conditions necessary for a future advance.    Their efforts to provide a holding action against Obama were pathetic.   I remember when Tip O'Niell was speaker of the house,   so I have a baseline from which to compare their efforts.   

Tip O'Niell would have destroyed Obama.  (Had they been on opposite sides.)   The closest we have come to Tip O'Neill's intransigence is Newt Gingrich,   and the media warred on him relentlessly,  but he put up a fight.    A real fight.   He forced Clinton to balance the budget ,  and he pushed Clinton into embracing Welfare Reform.   

So we have two paths.   One path is to elect Republicans that will fight the Federal Leviathan, (if they  *WILL* fight)  and the other path is to cut the brakes and let the system  bludgeon the populace until it engenders sufficient wrath in the people who will then demand "change."   

Both are fraught with potential disaster,  and at this point I am not sure which is the better choice for the long term benefit of the Nation.   Obviously a lot of the "never Trumpers"  think  the "Let it burn"  solution is the better choice.
I don't think you understand that a number of us think that the brakes are already cut, the train is going to wreck either way, and the slate we're looking at indicates the fire is already going. We are just not going to pour more gasoline on it.

YMMV

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

« Reply #392 on: October 12, 2016, 03:23:48 pm »
I would like to hear from some of these "conservative" men excusing Trump's behavior here.....

If you have a college age or twenty something daughter and she is a groupie of a rock star and gets a chance to meet him, would YOU be ok if he kissed her and then grabbed her genitals??

Do you realize what kind of evil you are tacitly or some of you overtly condoning??

Not comparable.

What were talking about is a legal issue
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 03:24:17 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline musiclady

« Reply #393 on: October 12, 2016, 03:24:10 pm »
I don't know how it is possible to "bring him to justice" if nobody files a charge.  And that's also the only way you get a full description, from the victim, of exactly what occurred, her reaction, etc.

That's the problem with abusive men in power like Trump and Clinton isn't it?

Women are afraid of the power they hold over them and the molesters get away with it.

The abuse of power is also why bosses lose their jobs when they abuse women who work for them.

Both Clinton and trump would have been fired in a normal work situation.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #394 on: October 12, 2016, 03:25:09 pm »
Not comparable.

What were talking about is a legal issue

Precisely comparable.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #395 on: October 12, 2016, 03:25:29 pm »

Do you really think the women Trump has supposedly done this to are innocent little virgins on religious camp in the Big Apple?

No, they are rough and tumble, streetwise, know what and whom they are dealing with and have dealt with guys plenty worse than Trump and shall I say it... most if not all women who flock around Trump are Gold Diggers or want something out of him also.  Like people hang out together.

Only one woman has claimed Trump did this to her (Jill Harth?) and she has praised him as a candidate and is supporting him.

@musiclady

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #396 on: October 12, 2016, 03:26:01 pm »

Well, if we're being honest here....how do I know it was "molestation" if she didn't say no?  And how does that rocker know that his attentions aren't wanted if she doesn't say no?

My daughter and step-daughter both have made casual mention of some guy "putting the moves on them", them saying "ew", and then leaving, saying no, or whatever.  That's how I'd expect them to handle it, and I'm not going to condemn every guy who makes an attempt and gets shot down.

Should we require guys to get express verbal consent from girls before trying to kiss them, and at each successive stage of romantic intimacy, or no?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 03:30:43 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #397 on: October 12, 2016, 03:29:48 pm »
Precisely comparable.

Well then let's  solve this. Let's pass a law that men and women have to carry sexual permission slips. They will have to be filled out by both parties and agreed to before any act of intimacy takes place. Some  are taking their opposition of Trump and are starting to sound more and more like the left. And their latching on to Rudy Giuliani's words as a sort of lifeline without trying to understand any context

Are some advocating that if a man makes a pass at a woman he's guilty of sexual assault? That seems a little extreme to me.

You are looking at this through the prism of a female. That a man like Trump thinks he can do whatever he wants because he's famous and rich. I get that. I'm just saying there needs to be some context here a little bit. In Trump's own words, he didn't say they don't dare say no or they don't dare turn you in. He just says they let you do it

« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 03:34:23 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline musiclady

« Reply #398 on: October 12, 2016, 03:37:09 pm »
Well, if we're being honest here....how do I know it was "molestation" if she didn't say no?  And how does that rocker know that his attentions aren't wanted if she doesn't say no?

My daughter and step-daughter both have made casual mention of some guy "putting the moves on them", them saying "ew", and then leaving, saying no, or whatever.  That's how I'd expect them to handle it, and I'm not going to condemn every guy who makes an attempt and gets shot down.

Should we require guys to get express verbal consent from girls before trying to kiss them, and at each successive stage of romantic intimacy, or no?

You keep ignoring the threat of power here.  It's a critical point that shouldn't be overlooked.

Trump himself said he could get away with his molestation because he was rich and powerful.

Don't keep ignoring that aspect of his offense.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #399 on: October 12, 2016, 03:38:45 pm »
Well then let's  solve this. Let's pass a law that men and women have to carry sexual permission slips. They will have to be filled out by both parties and agreed to before any act of intimacy takes place. Some  are taking their opposition of Trump and are starting to sound more and more like the left. And their latching on to Rudy Giuliani's words as a sort of lifeline without trying to understand any context

Are some advocating that if a man makes a pass at a woman he's guilty of sexual assault? That seems a little extreme to me.

You are looking at this through the prism of a female. That a man like Trump thinks he can do whatever he wants because he's famous and rich. I get that. I'm just saying there needs to be some context here a little bit. In Trump's own words, he didn't say they don't dare say no or they don't dare turn you in. He just says they let you do it
Since when is grabbing a woman's crotch "making a pass"?  That isn't usually the opening gambit any place I have been.

C S Lewis