Author Topic: Laura Ingraham: We've been waiting for this moment  (Read 68065 times)

Offline goatprairie

Re: Laura Ingraham: We've been waiting for this moment
« Reply #275 on: October 11, 2016, 11:25:05 pm »
I would guess that if some random person put Happy against a wall, groped her and shoved his tongue down her throat, she would have a far different reaction than she has to Trump doing it to others. And it would certainly not be making excuses for and defending the sexual assaulter.

In fact, the same could be said for ANY female Trump supporter here or anywhere else. Likewise I would suspect that if any of the (theoretically) male Trump supporters saw their wife/family member so attacked, they would not be on TBR trashing anyone that called said sexual assault what it was.

Now if any Trump supporter cares to address the above and tell me it is IN ANY WAY incorrect, I would love to discuss why exactly that is. If they don't want to, I guess that speaks for itself.

Which would  clearly show the flexible ethics of the Trump faithful at work.
This is one of the really destructive things Trump has done to the party faithful...he has made all the things common to the Immorality Party i.e. the Democratic Party  acceptable to many Republicans. He has defined deviance down to where usually circumspect conservatives praise a nominee who equals Slick Willy's sexual deviance or worse.
It is now okay (according to the Trumpsters) to have the morality of an alley cat to get elected. In fact, many of them argue you're not a real male unless you've grabbed for some woman's genitalia. Hopefully the crashing of the S.S. Trumperburg will stop the future nomination of equally immoral ignoramuses.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #276 on: October 11, 2016, 11:27:06 pm »
They way to take down Hillary was to defeat her not insult her. Trump wins a few insult battles but is losing the war overall. The result of supporting Trump is the opposite of your stated goal. Trump was her most favored opponent and you gave her that.
Trump is under the delusion that he is losing  because he's being betrayed by all the icky Pubbie elites. The truth is the average undecided American voter is seeing Trump for who he really is and acting accordingly.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #277 on: October 11, 2016, 11:29:56 pm »
Trump was defending Bill and trashing his accusers just months before he ran, until he got that phone call.

“Linda Tripp may be one of the most unattractive human beings I’ve ever seen—not women, human beings. She’s just an unattractive person. This [Lucianne] Goldberg person, her agent or whatever she is, is just a terrible woman. You look at Paula Jones, I mean the whole cast of characters...It’s like it’s from Hell. It’s a terrible group of people.”-- Donald Trump
It's sort of funny that Lucianne Goldberg's website is dominated by Trumpsters. Not quite the dictatorship of TOS but still a Trump stronghold. Equally ironic that Lucianne's son, Jonah Goldberg, is one of the biggest Trump critics and accurately predicted the current horror show.

Wingnut

« Reply #278 on: October 11, 2016, 11:30:38 pm »
Let me get this straight.  You post a childish photo, behave like a child and I'm the kindergartner.  I guess that you put you emotionally at the preschool level.  You tRumpkins are a laugh a minute. ****sheep****
@beandog
Bean, Never argue with an idiot, they'll just drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 11:31:20 pm by Wingnut »

Online libertybele

« Reply #279 on: October 11, 2016, 11:31:32 pm »
I guess I must have missed the moment!  I'm still waiting for a miracle that eliminates both Trump and Clinton.  :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #280 on: October 11, 2016, 11:34:22 pm »
I'm thinking both Ingraham and Hannity among others have been told by Trump there is a place for them at his new network as long as they continue to go along with the con and keep kissing his magnificent butt until after the election...
It would be interesting to go back and collect Ingraham's comments about Slick Willy's sexual escapades. I doubt she was approving.
But I guess that kind of stuff is alright now. Probably just a bunch of loose floozies Trump jumped on. They probably egged him on. Wasn't his fault....just a redblooded American male doing what normal, alpha males do.... sexually assault attractive women.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #281 on: October 11, 2016, 11:45:27 pm »
It's always entertaining when 'conservatives' that campaign on behalf of abortion profiteers, sexual abusers, gay advocates and big government liberals tell conservatives that actually maintain the principles of conservatism, what 'kind' of conservative they are.

Get them off the air and onto a neutral forum where it's not a one way conversation and lets see how long they hold up with their 'logic'.
I'd like to pin Davis and his ilk against the wall and ask them what they think of Trump's support of Kelo vs. Connecticut. All the conservative justices opposed it. All the lib justices thought it was fine. I guess it's alright for a wealthy person to kick people off their property to make himself a buck.

geronl

« Reply #282 on: October 11, 2016, 11:48:38 pm »
...and let's not forget that it was his father that assassinated JFK!

of course

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #283 on: October 11, 2016, 11:52:03 pm »
An owned person could never be considered free under the 1858 understanding of the Constitution but for an amendment passed in 1865.

If you are pointing out that we have never amended the "natural born citizen"  requirement for the Presidency,  you are correct.   

Sorry for the hyperbole, but your point is?

Self evident,  I thought.   How can a person meet the requirements set in 1787 through a law passed in 1952 which substantially alters them?   Only an amendment to the constitution can change the requirements.  You can't do it through a "backdoor"  passage of a law.   

Our immigration policies and policies governing acquisition of citizenship have been determined by statute since almost the beginning.

That's fine for immigration,  but it has no effect on PRESIDENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS.   Those can only be changed through amendment,   and no,  redefining the meaning of words does not work either.   That is a just a trick,  and one which should not fool people of normal intelligence. 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline musiclady

« Reply #284 on: October 11, 2016, 11:55:56 pm »
of course

You see, THAT is the reason I couldn't vote for Cruz in the primary....

I could deal with all the bimbos revealed by National Enquirer, and his ugly wife, and the pictures of him when he was in the Adam's Family, and even that really cool avatar of the Trump troll of him as a purple penguin.....

But when I found out his Dad really DID kill JFK, and I remember well that day in 1963 when I cried so much...... THAT was the reason I just couldn't pull the lever for Ted.

Killing presidents just isn't cool.    :smokin:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #285 on: October 11, 2016, 11:56:22 pm »
This is the perfect exhibit as to the problem the GOP has.  A significant plurality of it's primary voterbase live in an echo-chamber (fed by disinformation spewed by the perpetual grievance industry, right-wing subsidiary... aka talk radio).

Something we agree on.  Yes,  they live in an echo chamber,  and this is why they do not have a correct understanding of the term "natural born citizen."    They listen to what ignorant legal "experts" say about it instead of actually researching it's origins. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline musiclady

« Reply #286 on: October 11, 2016, 11:58:02 pm »
@beandog
Bean, Never argue with an idiot, they'll just drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Well, at least they TRY to drag you down to their level.

It's hard to reach the sub-basement of character in one thread.

But you're right with that experience thing.

Put this one on IGNORE and then LOOK at the spamming he's done.  Not one word of intellect or truth in a zillion posts.

It's fascinating.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 11:58:32 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #287 on: October 11, 2016, 11:58:16 pm »

Yeah,  me too.   I think we lost Kansas back in 1861. 
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #288 on: October 12, 2016, 12:03:37 am »
Your party already surrendered, and your candidate was one of their biggest enablers and donors, and some of his policies are to the Left of Sanders and to the dictatorial Right of Obama.

So you are welcome to him, all on your lonesome.

We have other plans.

I do not believe Trumps "conversion"  is genuine,  rather I believe it is opportunistic.   He wanted to be President  (He has always been motivated by ego)  and there was no way he was going to be able to elbow Hillary out of the way for the Democrat nomination,   so he "converted".   

That being said,   I don't think he is actually very ideological,   and it is my hope that he will adopt policies which his hopefully conservative advisers will suggest.   He has already indicated he will nominate conservative Judges for the Federal courts,  and that is a MAJOR part of the reason why we need a Republican as President.   

Regardless of any misgivings I have about him,  he is still a better alternative than Hillary.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #289 on: October 12, 2016, 12:04:44 am »
Let me get this straight.  You post a childish photo, behave like a child and I'm the kindergartner.  I guess that you put you emotionally at the preschool level.  You tRumpkins are a laugh a minute. ****sheep****

You go ahead and play to your strengths dearie.    :) 
— Lord Melbourne —

HonestJohn

« Reply #290 on: October 12, 2016, 12:05:18 am »
Trump is under the delusion that he is losing  because he's being betrayed by all the icky Pubbie elites. The truth is the average undecided American voter is seeing Trump for who he really is and acting accordingly.

Yes, but the basic premise that has been so *VERY* blatant with Trump and his supporters is that anyone not a WASP and not a Trump supporter... is not an American.

Therefore, all Americans support him because everyone that doesn't isn't American.

Hence the ease they have in resorting to threats of violence and the actual use of violence.  They aren't attacking Americans, but foreign enemies occupying US soil.

HonestJohn

« Reply #291 on: October 12, 2016, 12:07:47 am »

Something we agree on.  Yes,  they live in an echo chamber,  and this is why they do not have a correct understanding of the term "natural born citizen."    They listen to what ignorant legal "experts" say about it instead of actually researching it's origins.

It's really simple.  Anyone born of US citizens is a natural born citizen, regardless of where.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #292 on: October 12, 2016, 12:08:01 am »
It's sort of funny that Lucianne Goldberg's website is dominated by Trumpsters. Not quite the dictatorship of TOS but still a Trump stronghold. Equally ironic that Lucianne's son, Jonah Goldberg, is one of the biggest Trump critics and accurately predicted the current horror show.

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #293 on: October 12, 2016, 12:08:38 am »

And the media would have constantly hammered on that note.   Also there is case law that does not  bode well for Cruz if he was challenged on this point.
No, there isn't. No person has standing to challenge a natural-born citizen dispute, and besides, the Marquis de Lafayette's case proves that anyone can be arbitrarilly declared a natural born citizen. It is a meaningless phrase, twisted and contorted by the alt-right solely to eliminate competition to Trump.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline skeeter

« Reply #294 on: October 12, 2016, 12:11:15 am »

If you are pointing out that we have never amended the "natural born citizen"  requirement for the Presidency,  you are correct.   

Self evident,  I thought.   How can a person meet the requirements set in 1787 through a law passed in 1952 which substantially alters them?   Only an amendment to the constitution can change the requirements.  You can't do it through a "backdoor"  passage of a law.   

That's fine for immigration,  but it has no effect on PRESIDENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS.   Those can only be changed through amendment,   and no,  redefining the meaning of words does not work either.   That is a just a trick,  and one which should not fool people of normal intelligence.
Oh ok. Never mind that Cruz has been determined to be eligible in federal courts what - a half dozen times? Smart people know better.

Tedious.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #295 on: October 12, 2016, 12:16:58 am »
It's really simple.  Anyone born of US citizens is a natural born citizen, regardless of where.

That is incorrect.  In 1787,   *ONLY*  the father could transfer citizenship.    Women were automatically citizens of the Country of her Husband.    This was originally "common law",  but was formally codified by statute in the late 1800s.   

Women did not acquire the ability to pass on citizenship independent of their husbands until the Cable act of 1922.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline jpsb

« Reply #296 on: October 12, 2016, 12:17:48 am »
It would be interesting to go back and collect Ingraham's comments about Slick Willy's sexual escapades. I doubt she was approving.
But I guess that kind of stuff is alright now. Probably just a bunch of loose floozies Trump jumped on. They probably egged him on. Wasn't his fault....just a redblooded American male doing what normal, alpha males do.... sexually assault attractive women.

Trump has not assaulted anyone, he was bragging and said his "groupies" let him do anything he wants to them since he was a "star". That is a far cry from assault.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #297 on: October 12, 2016, 12:19:50 am »
I'd like to pin Davis and his ilk against the wall and ask them what they think of Trump's support of Kelo vs. Connecticut. All the conservative justices opposed it. All the lib justices thought it was fine. I guess it's alright for a wealthy person to kick people off their property to make himself a buck.
If you thought Kelo was bad, and it was, just wait until Hillary puts 3 Marxists on the Supreme court. You ain't seen anything yet.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 12:25:10 am by jpsb »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #298 on: October 12, 2016, 12:24:09 am »
Trump has not assaulted anyone, he was bragging and said his "groupies" let him do anything he wants to them since he was a "star". That is a far cry from assault.
No, that is assault. And remember, "letting him" was only from his perspective. His numerous accusers would beg to differ.

Combine both sides of the picture, and you have assault.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #299 on: October 12, 2016, 12:24:41 am »
No, there isn't. No person has standing to challenge a natural-born citizen dispute,

Hillary would.  Unquestionably.   Also the various Secretaries of State could challenge it.   They aren't required by law to do so,  (as we found out in several stupid court cases)   but they can do so if they wish.   

and besides, the Marquis de Lafayette's case proves that anyone can be arbitrarilly declared a natural born citizen.

The Marquis de Lafayette was not made into a natural born citizen.   The statutes to which you are referring say that he and his descendants will be regarded  as "natural born citizens." 

In other words,  a polite pretense that he is one,  but with all the rights of a citizen granted to him.   

It is a meaningless phrase, twisted and contorted by the alt-right solely to eliminate competition to Trump.

It is not.   This is a topic that I have been strenuously researching since 2008.   I believe I have done a better job of it than most,  and know a lot of things about it which most "experts"  do not know. 

— Lord Melbourne —