Author Topic: Laura Ingraham: We've been waiting for this moment  (Read 68051 times)

Offline LMAO

Re: Laura Ingraham: We've been waiting for this moment
« Reply #225 on: October 11, 2016, 09:13:59 pm »
There is nothing the media could have done to Cruz.  He is not a sick evil liar, cheater and whore.

That wouldn't stop them. Remember Dan Rather in 2004?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

HonestJohn

« Reply #226 on: October 11, 2016, 09:16:17 pm »

Was the Production Code Administration all that bad?   It wasn't an arm of the government,  but it would have been had the Industry not taken the step of regulating itself.   I do not believe any sort of self regulation is any longer possible.   There is simply too much inbreeding between the existing media people and the Democrat party.   

You mean unlike what we have now?   Are you telling me you can conceive of a manner in which the media would be even more left wing?   I figure we have pretty much pegged the needle on that,  don't you?   

And why would it  be left leaning if it is elected from the States,  or perhaps appointed by the State legislatures?   Aren't most of the State legislatures currently in the hands of Republicans?   

I would suggest the designation of "adequate representation"  would be made by the elected or Legislature appointed officials.   I've been to a lot of party meetings,  and i've met a lot of Republican elected officials,   and I must say I generally trust their judgement about such matters.   

Uh Duh.  That's what we have now.   Have you not been keeping up with Obama's feeding stories to the press?   We *HAVE*  government control of media,  so long as it is Democrat government.   Hillary is controlling the press RIGHT NOW!   

I take it you haven't been keeping up with what has been going on lately with the FCC Commissioners?   

We already have leftwing control.   There is no place else to go but up.   

What you are suggesting is that we leave the left wing control that already exists, locked into the system.   

As a practical matter,  this makes a solution to our larger problems unsolvable.

State control over the media and what content is allowed?!?

JFC!

That's what both the Nazis AND the Communists did/do.

HonestJohn

« Reply #227 on: October 11, 2016, 09:19:32 pm »

What is sick  is someone attempting to put these words in my mouth and pretending I said them.   

Stop projecting your fantasies of the evil you think are in the minds of your opponents.

I'm not the one saying we are at war with those that don't vote the way we like.

I think you don't understand what war actually means.

HonestJohn

« Reply #228 on: October 11, 2016, 09:22:40 pm »

What "principle"  is it that I am invoking when I say that it is better to have a quick death than a slow poison?     

The principle that "pain should be short if possible"?   

What is wrong with your understanding of what I write?   Why are you always trying to read crap into it?

What principle?  The principle that it is better to have a quick death than a slow poison.

You'd vote your principle... but have called for others here to violate theirs.

That's rank hypocrisy.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #229 on: October 11, 2016, 09:24:56 pm »

Dan Rather... the sick evil liar?  That Dan Rather?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #230 on: October 11, 2016, 09:25:20 pm »

Yes absolutely the media would have smeared Cruz.

The difference is it would not have stuck.

Silver Pines

« Reply #231 on: October 11, 2016, 09:28:28 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

I think you've nailed a lot of hard-core Trump supporters exactly right. This did give them an opportunity to indulge their tantrums.

The problem is they forgot you have to win an election. And you have to at least start from the basis of nominating someone who is electable. For those of us NeverTrumpers,  we dread the idea of a Hillary Clinton presidency and  fully understand what that's going to mean. But that doesn't mean you can put anybody out there to run against her and tell us you have to vote that person to keep her out

We are heading on a very dark path. Not just economically and fiscally but culturally as well.  A member of this site had a great line and I tell other people it and I wish I knew who it was .  The line is Hillary Clinton represents everything that's wrong with government . Donald Trump represents everything that's wrong with society. My only regret is I wish I came up with that line

And those of us who favor limited government ,fiscal responsibility, rugged individualism of people engaging in honest pursuit of self interest are going to face some tough times in the next several years. The path we are on in this country if it's allowed, to continue has a very horrible ending. It appears, and probably a lot of truth to it, that we pile up on Donald Trump more than we pile up on Hillary Clinton.  Some of that is because we all know how badly corrupt and incompetent Hillary is. We just feel a sense of disappointment that we don't have any real choice to counter that this election cycle

Now that a Clinton presidency is all but imminent, The anxiety level of such a presidency is going to increase. And no question Trump supporters are going to feel a certain bitterness towards conservatives for not helping get their guy over the finish line and I guess I can understand that to a degree. But it's Donald Trump and Donald Trump alone that will be responsible

@LMAO

Good post.  And you're right, the line you've been borrowing is right on target.

I'm just not going to allow myself to panic.  The reality of a Clinton presidency will settle in soon enough, but no matter who's in the White House, the sun will come up every day and go down every night, we'll go about our days with our families, and God will still be in control.

There's only one point where we differ.  I can't agree that Trump is completely to blame.  He is who he is, and it was clear from the beginning.  There's a wealth of information available about the man; anyone who wanted to find out about his past could have done so.  Or if not, he revealed his nature over and over and over during his campaign.  But his followers wanted to have their tantrum and "burn it all down", so they ignored all the warnings and all the attempts to reason with them.  Well, it's all in ashes now, and they're going to have to live with the result.  Unfortunately, so will the rest of us.

Yes, I do blame his supporters.  Completely and without doubt.

Wingnut

« Reply #232 on: October 11, 2016, 09:36:45 pm »
Dan Rather... the sick evil liar?  That Dan Rather?

"Courage"

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #233 on: October 11, 2016, 09:41:53 pm »
Cruz would be so far ahead, Hillary would be packing.  There is nothing the media could have done to Cruz.  He is not a sick evil liar, cheater and whore.

Did we not just watch the same primary election?   Did you not see the media claiming he Lied about Ben Carson stopping his campaign?   Did you not see the media repeating the allegations that Cruz engaged in Adultery?   

It doesn't matter if he is innocent,   the media will make crap up.   Remember the accusations that George HW Bush had an affair?   Remember the accusations that McCain had an affair?   Remember the headlines that Romney put a dog on his car roof,  and that he once cut the hair of a kid in school? 

The media will spread lies,  and if they can't find any,  they will create them.    They already hated Cruz for his filibuster of the government,  and they were going to portray him as that evil Republican that shut down the government because he hates poor people.

Do not think that being squeaky clean is any defense against them.   They will force you to deny false claims all day and every day so long as they can get away with it. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #234 on: October 11, 2016, 09:44:56 pm »
They were not and are not wrong to hate Trump. He deserves it. He deserves oh so much more.

WAAAAAAAAA!!!!   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #235 on: October 11, 2016, 09:57:02 pm »

You're D@mn right it wouldn't stop them.   A Sh*t they do not give about what is the truth.   They will fabricate crap and create the "truth"  they want to talk about. 

Remember how we lost a Senator because they made him into a "racist"  for using the word Macaca?   

There was an opposition operative who followed Allen around filming him.  They normally called the guy "Mr. Mohawk",  and George Allen decided to add "Caca"  which means "crap."

The media shrieked in the headlines that the word means "Monkey"  in Portuguese,  and Allen had deliberately called the man a "Monkey"  because Allen is a RACIST!!!!!!    (and apparently familiar with a tiny bit of Portuguese) 

They play for keeps,  and they  do not care about the truth,  or if they destroy careers,  especially if they are Republican. 
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 09:58:10 pm by DiogenesLamp »
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #236 on: October 11, 2016, 09:59:47 pm »
State control over the media and what content is allowed?!?

JFC!

That's what both the Nazis AND the Communists did/do.

You are acting like an idiot.   You need to stop with the Straw man tactic. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #237 on: October 11, 2016, 10:01:25 pm »
I'm not the one saying we are at war with those that don't vote the way we like.

I think you don't understand what war actually means.

We are at War with the Democrats,   and I very much understand what this means.   Once again,  you have either deliberately misread what I wrote,   or you just didn't understand it. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #238 on: October 11, 2016, 10:02:08 pm »
What principle?  The principle that it is better to have a quick death than a slow poison.

You'd vote your principle... but have called for others here to violate theirs.

That's rank hypocrisy.

Good Lord!  It doesn't seem to be getting any better.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline beandog

« Reply #239 on: October 11, 2016, 10:02:31 pm »

WAAAAAAAAA!!!!   

What a cute self portrait.  You should blow your nose though.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #240 on: October 11, 2016, 10:05:45 pm »
Yes absolutely the media would have smeared Cruz.

The difference is it would not have stuck.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controversies_of_the_United_States_Senate_election_in_Virginia,_2006#Allen.27s_Macaca_controversy

George Allen.  "Macaca."   

Also.   

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Craig_scandal

I can probably find dozens more.   

Rather gate almost stuck.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #241 on: October 11, 2016, 10:12:01 pm »
@LMAO

Good post.  And you're right, the line you've been borrowing is right on target.

I'm just not going to allow myself to panic.  The reality of a Clinton presidency will settle in soon enough, but no matter who's in the White House, the sun will come up every day and go down every night, we'll go about our days with our families, and God will still be in control.

There's only one point where we differ.  I can't agree that Trump is completely to blame.  He is who he is, and it was clear from the beginning.  There's a wealth of information available about the man; anyone who wanted to find out about his past could have done so.  Or if not, he revealed his nature over and over and over during his campaign.  But his followers wanted to have their tantrum and "burn it all down", so they ignored all the warnings and all the attempts to reason with them.  Well, it's all in ashes now, and they're going to have to live with the result.  Unfortunately, so will the rest of us.

Yes, I do blame his supporters.  Completely and without doubt.

First Party.   

Second Party.

Third Party. 
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #242 on: October 11, 2016, 10:13:34 pm »

Did we not just watch the same primary election?   Did you not see the media claiming he Lied about Ben Carson stopping his campaign?   Did you not see the media repeating the allegations that Cruz engaged in Adultery?   

It doesn't matter if he is innocent,   the media will make crap up.   Remember the accusations that George HW Bush had an affair?   Remember the accusations that McCain had an affair?   Remember the headlines that Romney put a dog on his car roof,  and that he once cut the hair of a kid in school? 

The media will spread lies,  and if they can't find any,  they will create them.    They already hated Cruz for his filibuster of the government,  and they were going to portray him as that evil Republican that shut down the government because he hates poor people.

Do not think that being squeaky clean is any defense against them.   They will force you to deny false claims all day and every day so long as they can get away with it.

You are wrong.  The media can try but the public is not that dumb.  A bit dumb, but not that dumb.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #243 on: October 11, 2016, 10:14:05 pm »
What a cute self portrait.  You should blow your nose though.

Tu quoque is not a very good comeback.  It's about what I would expect from a kindergartner. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline skeeter

« Reply #244 on: October 11, 2016, 10:14:08 pm »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controversies_of_the_United_States_Senate_election_in_Virginia,_2006#Allen.27s_Macaca_controversy

George Allen.  "Macaca."   

Also.   

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Craig_scandal

I can probably find dozens more.   

Rather gate almost stuck.

Allan wasn't running against one of the most unpopular figures to ever seek office, he was running against a well respected moderate.

And Larry Craig? Really?

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #245 on: October 11, 2016, 10:23:19 pm »
You are wrong.  The media can try but the public is not that dumb.  A bit dumb, but not that dumb.

Are you telling me that the public which twice elected an unqualified idiot because he was black,  is not dumb?   

Are you telling me that a public, much of which thinks Hillary is the answer to something, is not dumb? 

No,  they're pretty dumb.   The manner in which they can make a mountain out of Trump saying the word "P*ssy"  and laugh off Clinton penetrating a subordinate with a cigar and raping lots of other women,  indicates that they are pretty gullible.     

Certainly dumb enough to believe whatever the media sells them.   A representation of the Media/Voter process is depicted below.   Media represented by the man in the middle with the raised stick. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Silver Pines

« Reply #246 on: October 11, 2016, 10:23:20 pm »

Wingnut

« Reply #247 on: October 11, 2016, 10:24:47 pm »

Tu quoque is not a very good comeback.  It's about what I would expect from a kindergartner.

Man you sure are wound up tighter than the girdle of a baptist minister's
wife at an all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast today.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #248 on: October 11, 2016, 10:25:37 pm »
Allan wasn't running against one of the most unpopular figures to ever seek office, he was running against a well respected moderate.

If deliberate lies worked in that race,  why would you not think they would work in another race?   

And Larry Craig? Really?

I have no idea if the man is guilty,  I only know that the media says he is.   In any case,  it wrecked his career.   The point is,  they didn't care if the allegations were true or not.   They simply didn't care. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

— Lord Melbourne —