Author Topic: Laura Ingraham: We've been waiting for this moment  (Read 67993 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Laura Ingraham: We've been waiting for this moment
« Reply #200 on: October 11, 2016, 07:53:57 pm »

You mean unlike what we have now?   Are you telling me you can conceive of a manner in which the media would be even more left wing?

Absolutely.  I can easily conceive of a media where websites like this, talk radio, etc., are snuffed out.

I figure we have pretty much pegged the needle on that,  don't you?

Not even close. 

And why would it  be left leaning if it is elected from the States,  or perhaps appointed by the State legislatures?   Aren't most of the State legislatures currently in the hands of Republicans?

Assuming the Democrats would agree to something like this, the emphasis still would be on the word "currently".  What happens when they're not in the hands of Republicans?   

I would suggest the designation of "adequate representation"  would be made by the elected or Legislature appointed officials.   I've been to a lot of party meetings,  and i've met a lot of Republican elected officials,   and I must say I generally trust their judgement about such matters.

The road to hell....look, I don't distrust those folks either.  But once we cede to the government the protection of the First Amendment, we will never get it back.   

Uh Duh.  That's what we have now.   Have you not been keeping up with Obama's feeding stories to the press?   We *HAVE*  government control of media,  so long as it is Democrat government.   Hillary is controlling the press RIGHT NOW!

No, not all of it.  The weight of it is surely on her side, but dissenting voices can still be heard. 

I take it you haven't been keeping up with what has been going on lately with the FCC Commissioners?

FEC commissioners, and yes, I have. I also know they've been shot down, and whatever pronouncements they come up with are still subject to the First Amendment.  What you are advocating sounds to me like creating an FEC, but without those restrictions.  How is that not worse?

Admittedly, this all may be academic anyway if Hillary gets in.  Citizens United will disappear, the FEC will exercise that power, and we'd likely end up in the same place anyway.  Government-controlled political speech in the name of "fairness".

Oh joy.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #201 on: October 11, 2016, 07:56:27 pm »
I have read this a lot recently, and the only thing that comes to mind is...so what?

Okay then.  So what?  They chose the worst possible abhorrent person to represent them and their party.   They get to live with their choice without any support or sympathy from me.

There are consequences to that choice, and I had no hand or part in that choice, and I refuse to consent any support or endorsement to said choice.

I do not care that everyone will suffer that choice.  They made it.  They will have to live with it.  I cannot stop foolishness and imbecility and I refuse to accommodate and support foolish and stupid decisions.  They consigned us to Hillary.  So be it.  At least she is an enemy most of us agree is an enemy that we can stand together and oppose any attempted encroachments and edicts.

Not so with Trump.

But how is that remotely relevant to the best course of action moving forward?  It's over, done, in the past.

There is no best course of action going forward, except to perhaps preparing to endure.  They chose a Trojan Stalking Horse to represent them.  A corrosive who has gone on to irrevocably divide their party and the Conservative movement. 

Perhaps if all those who supported Trump in the primaries could have seen into the future and seen what was going to happen, they might have voted differently. 

Doubtful. They want punishment and payback.  They think Trump represents their chance to achieve that and 'git some'.  Nothing else matters outside of all their hopes and change they have lofted onto the shoulders of the man they have made their defacto political messiah.

Being "right" about that is irrelevant now.

So is attempting to encourage support from or shame those who were correct all along to surrender their reasoning and principles to support such a dangerous affront and cretin for the office.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #202 on: October 11, 2016, 08:04:24 pm »

I get it the media is bad.. What do you expect Trump to do about it?? Regulate it?

Click: I'm pretty sure that's exactly what they want from Trump.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline chae

« Reply #203 on: October 11, 2016, 08:13:24 pm »
I was watching an old episode of Veronica Mars.  In this episode there were some pretty horrible college campus rapes going on.  A young guy was being falsely accused, and Veronica was investigating to prove his innocence.  Veronica proves he's innocent and the victim and her supporters were angry at Veronica.  They were furious and wanted someone, anyone, to pay for what happened and to be punished. 
I think that is why Trump got nominated.  Rage-filled people who hate what Obama did to this country and want someone punished for it.  And they got so emotionally invested in Trump they can't admit they were wrong.

geronl

« Reply #204 on: October 11, 2016, 08:14:57 pm »
They demand that Trump govern like Obama but even less Constitutionally

HonestJohn

« Reply #205 on: October 11, 2016, 08:21:17 pm »
    i know, i know

you all hate trump

It's more that Trump hates America.

=======================

No its not.  This place is full of haters.  You all hated Phyllis Schafly too.  And Franklin Graham.

Hillary wants to grope your <male chicken>.  She's rich and powerful and can have you killed if you don't.  I'm sure you'll allow it (if you don't want to end up like Vince Foster).

I guess that means you'll be 'consenting' to it, yes?

Offline jpsb

« Reply #206 on: October 11, 2016, 08:22:04 pm »
You're actually asking "how" it's relevant?   Quite simply....it is relevant now because the only chance the GOP has NOW of salvaging this disaster of an election is by forcing Trump to step down and running Mike Pence at the top of the ticket.  That is the ONLY way they have a chance of winning at this point.  It's not quite over yet....but it will be....if Trump supporters continue to insist on keeping Trump on the top of the ticket, despite all indications that he will lose, and lose badly, this November.

How many primaries did Mike Pence win? More republican voters voted for Trump than did for  Bush, McCain or Romney. Trump is the peoples choice not Mike Pence.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #207 on: October 11, 2016, 08:28:24 pm »
Okay then.  So what?  They chose the worst possible abhorrent person to represent them and their party.   They get to live with their choice without any support or sympathy from me.

No argument there.  If the relevant issue is "who gets the blame for Trump detonating the GOP's chances in 2016", you'll get no argument for me.  I guess I just don't see the relevance of that moving forward.

I do not care that everyone will suffer that choice.  They made it.  They will have to live with it.

I agree, but again...so what?  I don't think there's a lot of disagreement that the people responsible for Trump being the nominee are the ones who supported him in the primary.

So is attempting to encourage support from or shame those who were correct all along to surrender their reasoning and principles to support such a dangerous affront and cretin for the office.

Well, it just seems to me that has been sort of done to death.   And as I said, I don't think the issue of Trump supporters being responsible for him being the nominee is something about which there was a lot of disagreement anyway.  Even from Trump's primary supporters.

As an aside, I don't even have the heart to drift over to TOS and see what is being said there....

HonestJohn

« Reply #208 on: October 11, 2016, 08:29:10 pm »

You are irrational.   This statement demonstrates that you have not the slightest understanding of how politics actually works.    This is baby talk.    This is stamp your feet and throw a temper tantrum nonsense.   

You would gain a few votes,  but you would lose a hundred times the number.

Unreal.   

Yes,  since Trump entered the race,  people have been straining at gnats and swallowing camels.  He has certainly illuminated a tiny swath of Republican kooks,  and not to mention a few backstabbers like Romney and Ryan.   

Apparently we shall all slide down into the darkness because the Nation has become too immature to govern itself.

Wait...

Whose side has been posting nonstop about if someone doesn't vote for the GOP candidate, they are voting for Hillary?

Trump supporters, that's who.  YOU!

Whose threatening not to vote for the GOP candidate if it's someone other that Trump?

Trump supporters, that's who.

This is why the word of a Trump supporter is mud.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 08:29:31 pm by HonestJohn »

geronl

« Reply #209 on: October 11, 2016, 08:31:42 pm »

Whose threatening not to vote for the GOP candidate if it's someone other that Trump?

Trump supporters, that's who.

They'll all be voting Dem down ticket anyway.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #210 on: October 11, 2016, 08:34:38 pm »
How many primaries did Mike Pence win? More republican voters voted for Trump than did for  Bush, McCain or Romney. Trump is the peoples choice not Mike Pence.

Well, he's the choice of some of the people -- enough to win the nomination under the rules as they existed at the time of those primaries.  I'm personally a believer in the democratic process even when you don't like the results, so I don't think Trump should be removed from the ticket.  On the flip side, he isn't "entitled" to have the support of other elected Republicans (that isn't part of the nomination), so tough noogies there.

I do agree with @INVAR , though, in terms of the responsibility for where we find ourselves.  The truth is that some voters knowingly elected a guy about whom they knew very little, with a questionable background on some moral issues, and rolled the dice.  Despite knowing that he lacked support among a lot of Republicans.

Now, that doesn't mean that we all still aren't responsible for how we vote in November, and the consequences of that election either way.  I'm still voting for the orange reprobate simply because I see the alternative as so much worse.

HonestJohn

« Reply #211 on: October 11, 2016, 08:36:53 pm »

I am beginning to regard the constant efforts to torpedo the only candidate we will have as betrayal.   I feel that if Hillary wins it will be in part because of the constant carping of people who have no better solution.   It is engendering an animosity that is getting harder to resist.   

We are in a war,  and a small cadre of dissidents keeps trying to undermine our only chance at victory;  Our only chance at averting a very horrible outcome.    It will be difficult to forgive if they are ultimately successful at wrecking our only hope.   

I do too,  starting with George Herbert Walker Bush who  started this trainwreck by breaking his promise.   That was a pivotal point in history.   That is a point which guaranteed a Future Clinton presidency,  and thereby created the conditions that caused this current Obama Presidency.   

Subsequently,  other members of the Republican party showed themselves to be pansies and cowards.   

McCain didn't fight.   Romney didn't fight.  Boehner didn't fight.  McConnell didn't fight.   Out of the Entire Senate,  only a few Senators were willing to put up a  fight.   (Ted Cruz being prominent among them.)   

We have men without chests.   They created the desperate desire on the part of primary voters to find someone who had one.

If you believe that we are in a war, then you believe that more than half of all Americans are the enemy.  And in war, the enemy is to be killed.

In essence, you are saying that you'd like to see over 150 million Americans die.

And that's a sick point of view.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #212 on: October 11, 2016, 08:50:11 pm »
If you believe that we are in a war, then you believe that more than half of all Americans are the enemy.  And in war, the enemy is to be killed.

In essence, you are saying that you'd like to see over 150 million Americans die.

And that's a sick point of view.

What is sick  is someone attempting to put these words in my mouth and pretending I said them.   

Stop projecting your fantasies of the evil you think are in the minds of your opponents.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

HonestJohn

« Reply #213 on: October 11, 2016, 08:52:14 pm »
Oh yea, they are being vile towards him (check FR too).

And old @jpsb has the gall up thread to say in direct terms 'that is what is coming our way' if we continue to oppose Trump and he loses.

Nice threat there JP.  Luckily, I don't give much credence to chairborne rangers.

Funny how all the direct threats to life, limb, and property come from Trump supporters.  Who then claim that it's really Hillary that does it.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #214 on: October 11, 2016, 08:52:33 pm »
Actually we have been offering strategy since Reagan left office. Your camp would rather vote for liberals than ours of voting for conservatives, which is where it all begins, up to, apparently, blowing it up with Trump, and then with Hillary.

It's always excuses followed by that lame ass 'you got any ideas? Lets hear them!" nonsense. You have been hearing them for 2 decades. You just prefer voting liberal every election, then complaining about the consequence of your actions, then voting liberal in the next election, then ...ad infinitum.

Oh, but to give credit where do, you all occasionally take time to blame others for your mistakes.

I keep looking at what you write,   and then I just move on.   To quote Wolfgang Pauli,   "It's not even wrong."   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #215 on: October 11, 2016, 08:58:05 pm »
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 08:58:32 pm by HAPPY2BME »

HonestJohn

« Reply #216 on: October 11, 2016, 09:00:07 pm »

If they had nominated Jeb,  I would have voted for Hillary.   Better a quick death than a slow poison. 

Please do not speak of Trump being the "Worst Candidate"  when Jeb Bush was prominent among them.

Oh, so you do have principles you cannot violate... yet called for others to violate their principles.

Hypocrite.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #217 on: October 11, 2016, 09:00:16 pm »

Stop projecting your fantasies of the evil you think are in the minds of your opponents.

=====================================

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #218 on: October 11, 2016, 09:01:13 pm »

No, not all of it.  The weight of it is surely on her side, but dissenting voices can still be heard. 

Not really.   I actually don't think we have the same set of information from which to carry on a meaningful conversation on this subject.   

You seem to see "great danger"  in "doing something"   and I see "great danger"  in doing nothing.   

I do not see how ceding control of every data circuit in the nation to the Democrats will ever work out benignly.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #219 on: October 11, 2016, 09:04:11 pm »
I was watching an old episode of Veronica Mars.  In this episode there were some pretty horrible college campus rapes going on.  A young guy was being falsely accused, and Veronica was investigating to prove his innocence.  Veronica proves he's innocent and the victim and her supporters were angry at Veronica.  They were furious and wanted someone, anyone, to pay for what happened and to be punished. 
I think that is why Trump got nominated.  Rage-filled people who hate what Obama did to this country and want someone punished for it.  And they got so emotionally invested in Trump they can't admit they were wrong.

I see people who are emotionally invested in hating him and who cannot admit they are wrong.   

I never got emotionally involved in Trump.   I didn't think he was the best choice,   but I recognized the fact that a lot of other people did.   

My choice was Cruz,   but seeing now what the media is doing to Trump,   I'm pretty sure Cruz would have been wiped out.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Wingnut

« Reply #220 on: October 11, 2016, 09:05:47 pm »
=====================================

Unrelated to Happy's thought..or lack of...

Chelsea, is that your father?

No, we are not relations Sir.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 09:08:55 pm by Wingnut »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #221 on: October 11, 2016, 09:07:17 pm »

I loved Veronica Mars and she has a good new gig now.  But, seriously, that is exactly right.  Trump tapped into the rage...into the dark side... into the revenge craving people and, yeah, after investing too much of their souls in this monster, they can't forsake him.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #222 on: October 11, 2016, 09:09:38 pm »
Oh, so you do have principles you cannot violate... yet called for others to violate their principles.

Hypocrite.

What "principle"  is it that I am invoking when I say that it is better to have a quick death than a slow poison?     

The principle that "pain should be short if possible"?   

What is wrong with your understanding of what I write?   Why are you always trying to read crap into it?   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #223 on: October 11, 2016, 09:10:16 pm »

I see people who are emotionally invested in hating him and who cannot admit they are wrong.   

I never got emotionally involved in Trump.   I didn't think he was the best choice,   but I recognized the fact that a lot of other people did.   

My choice was Cruz,   but seeing now what the media is doing to Trump,   I'm pretty sure Cruz would have been wiped out.

Cruz would be so far ahead, Hillary would be packing.  There is nothing the media could have done to Cruz.  He is not a sick evil liar, cheater and whore.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

geronl

« Reply #224 on: October 11, 2016, 09:13:40 pm »

They were not and are not wrong to hate Trump. He deserves it. He deserves oh so much more.