Author Topic: What If Hillary Wins? Trump? Predictions About 2017 & Beyond  (Read 3317 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: What If Hillary Wins? Trump? Predictions About 2017 & Beyond
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2016, 11:23:38 pm »
U guys are acting like a candidate saying he wants to grab a married woman's genitals is a big deal!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2016, 11:43:48 pm »
I'm hoping for Revolution because I see that as the only way American can win.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

HonestJohn

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2016, 12:48:41 am »
Here's what I think:

If Hillary wins:
Hillary is just as liberal, but weaker, both physically and in terms of influence, than Obama. Expect, in general, the status quo to continue. The only major change will be SCOTUS, which will automatically shift left because you know she's not going to nominate another Scalia to keep the court in the delicate balance it was in before Scalia died. Those filing lawsuits will be aware of this and stall any appeals to SCOTUS as long as they can. In lieu of using the courts, civil disobedience will become more common. Republicans will make gains in the 2018 elections.

If Trump wins:
He will use the office of the Presidency to enrich and glorify himself. Corruption, cronyism and political retribution will be the norm—and Congress will be more likely to go along with it. He won't nominate anyone on that list for SCOTUS, instead picking someone who promises favors to him. Democrats will be limited in how much they can gain in 2018 (they already held firm or gained in 2012, which built upon gains in 2006). The best case scenario is that Trump gets bored with the Presidency and resigns, in which case Mike Pence follows a more recognizably conservative path.

You beat me to it!

:tongue2:

The only thing I'd add is that I see Republican voters conducting more Bundy-esque types of militant uprisings.  I base this on how Trump and his supporters believe that 'the election is rigged'.  If one believes this, then how can such a person accept a false result?  And being armed means a belief, for many, that one can actually affect change.

Of course, with a Clinton, they'll be crushed... just like Waco.  But I expect it'll take a few tries before the average Trump supporter will get the message.  Then it will die down (pun intended).

And it will die down.  For with federal control over Social Security and Medicare/Medicaid, the majority of those most likely to engage in unrest will have the threat of their retirement and healthcare removed.  Most won't want to see it go.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2016, 12:55:30 am »
I'm hoping for Revolution because I see that as the only way American can win.

Who would we put in charge?

Americans voted for Obama twice.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2016, 12:58:44 am »

And the demographics haven't gotten any better.

HonestJohn

« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2016, 01:01:14 am »

Who would we put in charge?

Me.

I promise to bring back government cheese.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2016, 01:03:32 am »
Me.

I promise to bring back government cheese.

You're Hired!

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2016, 01:12:23 am »
What if Hillary Wins? 

We get Gestapoized Federal agencies with orders to root out and destroy conservative finances,  businesses,  churches and individuals.   

Does no one remember "FileGate"?    Hillary is already prone to abuse of power.   She will have the FBI "investigating"  any political opposition she deems a threat to her agenda.   

Why would we want a Nazified USA?   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2016, 01:18:52 am »
The problem with the article is that the prediction of gridlock if Hillary wins completely ignores the power of the bureaucracy and the administrative state when paired with a compliant Supreme Court.

Hillary likely would not need major legislation to do what she wants on immigration.  Compliant justices would break the current 4-4 deadlock on Obama's immigration-related Executive Orders, and that would be that.  The same is likely true on a lot of other issues.

The writer also didn't mention that Citizens United would likely vanish, that the FEC would implement far more strict regulations on political speech, and that the Second Amendment would be toast.

Biggest difference between Hillary and Trump -- Hillary would have a compliant Supreme Court, and Trump would not.  I think it's a pretty good bet that all 8 of the Justices currently sitting are not "fans" of his.

Hillary will continue and expand the use of the Federal bureaucracy to target and destroy conservatives.   Remember Gibson's guitars? 

Hillary will do that sort of thing on steroids.   Remember Lois Lerner and tax audits for Republicans,  and denial and delay for tax exempt status for conservative organizations?   

We will have THOUSANDS of Lois Lerners.   The Federal bureaucracies will be turned against us,  and we will suffer.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2016, 01:56:07 am »

We get Gestapoized Federal agencies with orders to root out and destroy conservative finances,  businesses,  churches and individuals.   

Does no one remember "FileGate"?    Hillary is already prone to abuse of power.   She will have the FBI "investigating"  any political opposition she deems a threat to her agenda.   

Why would we want a Nazified USA?
Don't you think Obama would have managed to pull that off by now?

Believe me, any boogeyman Hillary Clinton could try, Obama already HAS tried. The oppression is already here.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2016, 03:33:19 am »

Who would we put in charge?<<

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

Nobody is in charge of revolutions when they start,but someone usually steps forward and takes charge once they seem they might be successful.

>>Americans voted for Obama twice.<<

Every black,most of the dead people,all of the imaginary people,and all of the fools. That's hardly a majority. And look at what he was running against.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 03:33:47 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!