Author Topic: ‘I am working for you now’: Trump delivers lengthy defense after tax filing leaks  (Read 12625 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
============================

Republican Voters Are Unifying Behind Donald Trump

Republican support for Donald Trump is at an all-time high, with GOP voters now just as unified behind Trump as Democrats are behind Hillary Clinton, according to the HuffPost Pollster polling average.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-gaining-among-gop-voters_us_57e02b5ae4b08cb140972605

That's actually not a good story, even if it is spun that way. That means 18% of Republicans don't support Trump. Romney had 95% Republican support, McCain, 92%. When they say it is 'record numbers', those are only record numbers for Trump, not for a Republican presidential candidate at this stage of the game. That means his support was even lower so it shows there are a lot of pragmatic Republican voters who may be on the edge and could have any misstep make voting for him not worth it (I just had a nice text message conversation with one the other day who has been trying to convince me until he pulled the childish 'look up the sex tape' game.).

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Think I'd just rather vote for Saul. He's a more honest choice.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPd67CEL54E

Offline jpsb

What on earth makes you think Nevertrump is a monoblock? That's not my 'plan' Nor is it the plan of many of us. We are doing everything we can to stop hillary. Unfortunately a bunch of liberals are intent on electing another liberal in her place. So you have two choices because that liberal cannot win without us and we arent voting for him. You can all join us and get unified behind one conservative, or you can lose. Because our votes arent going to either liberal, Dem or GOP. Ever. We told you that to begin with. We told you that the last time your crew tried running a lib in 12.  He lost.

Not our fault. Not our problem.

Candidate Trump WAS THE MOST CONSERVATIVE candidate on the most important issues this election cycle. He was much more conservative (on issued) than H.W. Bush, B. Dole, W. Bush, J.McCain or M. Romney. He was the only candidate not owned by the globalists. The only one paying his own way in the GOP primaries.  You say he is a liberal because as a businessman doing business in a very liberal NY he played nice with liberal politicians that could ruin him. I call that just using your survival instincts.  But whatever, Hillary means the death of the Republic and everyone that doesn't vote Trump will be to blame for that.

Offline Norm Lenhart

That's actually not a good story, even if it is spun that way. That means 18% of Republicans don't support Trump. Romney had 95% Republican support, McCain, 92%. When they say it is 'record numbers', those are only record numbers for Trump, not for a Republican presidential candidate at this stage of the game. That means his support was even lower so it shows there are a lot of pragmatic Republican voters who may be on the edge and could have any misstep make voting for him not worth it (I just had a nice text message conversation with one the other day who has been trying to convince me until he pulled the childish 'look up the sex tape' game.).

Consider that the GOP has had mass defections. Thr 90ish number is the percent of a SMALLER BASE NUMBER.

Which bodes poorly. More poorly than lawn dart or Romney.

Offline ABX

I can understand voting third party, I did when McCain was on the ballot because I knew if McCain were elected he would grant amnesty to all the illegals here, thus handing the country over to the Marxists forever.  However I can not understand doing everything possible to prevent Hillary from ever occupying the oval office. 

The NeverTrump plan to throw the election into the House and then expect a Republican House to not elect either Hillary or Trump is delusional. Not going to happen. At least not in this universe. 

@Norm Lenhart

That isn't the plan, that is just a statistical chance of what could happen if people stopped playing the game and voted their conscience. Based on our electoral history and how many times this has happened, that's a 5 percent chance of happening. If you then also add in historically how many third parties have overtaken the primary parties in elections, that probability jumps to about 15%. We aren't deluded to think that probability is great, but what it shows is that voting your values, even if it isn't for a main party candidate, is never a wasted vote.

What is a waste is when you reject your values and only play the game.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Candidate Trump WAS THE MOST CONSERVATIVE candidate on the most important issues this election cycle. He was much more conservative (on issued) than H.W. Bush, B. Dole, W. Bush, J.McCain or M. Romney. He was the only candidate not owned by the globalists. The only one paying his own way in the GOP primaries.  You say he is a liberal because as a businessman doing business in a very liberal NY he played nice with liberal politicians that could ruin him. I call that just using your survival instincts.  But whatever, Hillary means the death of the Republic and everyone that doesn't vote Trump will be to blame for that.

Too stupid for a serious reply. Trump has a lifetime record and it isn't remotely conservative. Saying he's a conservative is a lie. He's a liberal.

Offline Victoria33

Since I also take deductions to alleviate my tax bill, I won't condemn Trump for doing the same as long as what he did was allowed by law.

But Trump is a tax shamer. And that makes him a hypocrite.
@LMAO

He IS a hypocrite as you say.  Since this tax revelation came out about Trump, I have seen numerous clips of Trump where he complains people don't pay their taxes, that corporations don't pay taxes.  Plus, his tax plan gives breaks to rich people like him.  He says that is so the rich, with even more money than they have now, can start companies to hire people.  I, however, expect the rich to keep that money for themselves, sock it away, or invest it in big companies already started in order to turn it into more money from dividends and maybe the stock going up.  He has no idea, and neither do I, what rich people would do with more money given to them by his plan.  He would benefit himself, have more money, with his plan and that is what Trump always does - suck money from others including the federal government, if he is president.

Offline ABX

OK, now I know you are just playing a parody. It is hard to tell sometime. LOL, good one, you had us for a while.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Conservatives for Hillary!  LOL.

That wasn't the choice I wanted.   I'd have preferred to defeat Trumpism at or before the convention.   Now the price will be exponentially higher - thanks to the fools seduced by the orange demagogue/game show host.

I'm with cripplecreek - the stakes right now are the future of conservatism.   Trump means NO future.       

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline jpsb

If my vote moves us in the direction of better choices, then it is a vote well spent.  Voting for Clinton or Trump is wasting my vote because it supports all the poor decisions that brought us to this sorry state.

Your vote moves us in the direction of Hillary as POTUS.

As POTUS hillary will grant amnesty to tens of millions and no conservative will ever again be elected nationally. Got that? American conservatism will be in the ash heap of history if Hillary gets elected.

As POTUS hillary will nominate Marxists judges to the courts including the Supreme Court. The American constitution will be in the ash heap of history if Hillary is elected.

As POTUS hillary will increase ten fold the number of Muslim "refugees" coming to the country. The war on terror will come to the USA big time if Hillary is elected.

As POTUS hillary will continue the pro-Muslin Brotherhood policies of the current administration.

As POTUS hillary will continue the pro Globalism policies of the current administration.

etc

etc

etc

For you to @Jazzhead
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 04:58:11 pm by jpsb »

Offline Norm Lenhart

Your vote moves us in the direction of Hillary as POTUS.

As POTUS hillary will grant amnesty to tens of millions and no conservative will ever again be elected nationally. Got that? American conservatism will be in the ash heap of history if Hillary gets elected.

As POTUS hillary will nominate Marxists judges to the courts including the Supreme Court. The American constitution will be in the ash heap of history if Hillary is elected.

As POTUS hillary will increase ten fold the number of Muslim "refugees" coming to the country. The war on terror will come to the USA big time if Hillary is elected.

As POTUS hillary will continue the pro-Muslin Brotherhood policies of the current administration.

As POTUS hillary will continue the pro Globalism policies of the current administration.

etc

etc

etc

See? You should have listened when we told you Trump was a no go. Now you are stuck with him and responsible for the outcome.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
That wasn't the choice I wanted.   I'd have preferred to defeat Trumpism at or before the convention.   Now the price will be exponentially higher - thanks to the fools seduced by the orange demagogue/game show host.

I'm with cripplecreek - the stakes right now are the future of conservatism.   Trump means NO future.       

Perhaps it is a good day to die.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni8MURSwSZg

Offline jpsb

OK, now I know you are just playing a parody. It is hard to tell sometime. LOL, good one, you had us for a while.

Really you think any of those (Bush, Dole, Bush, McCain, Romney) was conservative? Dole maybe, back in the day as a young Senator, the rest are all liberal globalists.

Offline jpsb

See? You should have listened when we told you Trump was a no go. Now you are stuck with him and responsible for the outcome.

Hillary appreciates your support.

Offline Night Hides Not

Really you think any of those (Bush, Dole, Bush, McCain, Romney) was conservative? Dole maybe, back in the day as a young Senator, the rest are all liberal globalists.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other. - John Adams

By that measure, our inevitable decline began on 1/20/1989.  Whether the new President is Trump or Clinton, we are in a fiscal free fall that will end badly.

Atlas Shrugged is now nonfiction.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Hillary appreciates your support.

As I have given her none, you'd be a liar for pushing that meme.

Offline cato potatoe

If any candidate promised to sterilize the "binary" crusader-drones, they'd win my vote.

Offline Norm Lenhart

If any candidate promised to sterilize the "binary" crusader-drones, they'd win my vote.

I like "Existential Cage Theory". Basically, the only way for humanity to survive is to lock liberals in cages, put them on display as a bad example to others. No need to sterilize.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
That's interesting considering I quoted a conservative legal authority while calling you out on your progressive vomitus on taxes.

Enjoy your special status snowflake.

Trumpkins don't need to do stretching exercises.  Bending and stretching while trying to defend Trump on everything is enough.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
...oh, I just thought of one other piece of evidence of my wounded pride theory.

A moderator here at TBR PM'd me not to say anything about NeverTrumpers being Hillary supporters or that NeverTrump lends tacit support for the Hillary campaign, because it "sets them off."

Isn't that interesting? NeverTrumpers can say anything they please about Trump supporters, but if we Trump supporters speak of the 800 lb gorilla in the room, we get admonished and censored.

Isn't that interesting to see on a website that purports to support everyone's free speech?

Don't try and lie to us, you people are not interested in anyone's 'free speech' but your own.

YOU PEOPLE have TRUMP SAFE SPACES right here on this board - where absolutely nothing negative about your prince is permitted to be posted.  I think the subhead is "Pro-Trump only".

YOU PEOPLE have mobbed and taken over myriad and many social groups and discussion boards that are a militantly intolerant of anything that is not heralding the praises of your prince.  Many here, former members having suffered YOUR BRAND of 'free speech'.

As to censoring, YOU PEOPLE are the first and the many to complain about each and every post, picture and opinion that you do not like to the mods here.  YOUR COMPATRIOTS ON THIS BOARD have openly advocated the banning and removal of those of us whom they insisted were an affront to the board, simply because of whom we refuse to vote for and opine against.

You and your cheerleading Gang of 7 or 8 or whatever, rally yourselves and target this board from TOS and other places just to get off on how big you think you are.

And you're nothing.  Less than nothing except the very things antithetical, anathema and hostile to  the very liberties you people pay lip service to.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline musiclady

As I have given her none, you'd be a liar for pushing that meme.

A Trumpist's favorite lie. Ironically this Trump lover accused me of lying when l said Trump inherited money and now he's telling the blatant lie that's forbidden on this forum.

There's not a single Hillary supporter here and yet their ugly lies continue.

There is no honor among Trump trolls. None.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

They will never admit that they are responsible for the ugly mess we are in.

That would require honesty and they are unfamiliar with the concept.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Norm Lenhart

They will never admit that they are responsible for the ugly mess we are in.

That would require honesty and they are unfamiliar with the concept.

Thats OK. Trump supporters are a problem with a bult in solution. Last I saw the open libs were attacking them in the streets and the Dems are now reported to be compiling lists of Trump supporters to deal with after Hillary takes power.

Just remember to never endanger yourself or your loved ones trying to protect these liars when the open liberals come for them for real. Just stand aside and remind them that A: Conservatives are not needed and B: that they should tell some of their lies to the people throwing them in cattle cars and raiding their bank accounts.

Too bad, so sad. Actions have consequences. They chose this path.

Offline chae

@musiclady

Trump supporters have to find someone to blame for the loss that everyone can see coming.  And they can't blame Ted Cruz withholding his endorsement as the reason anymore.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Can you read or do you normally lash out emotionally? Read my response again and then read my tagline
" Don’t champion any policy you would have vigorously opposed and ridiculed 12 months ago."  Daniel Horowitz, Conservative Review 9/14/2016
That's good advice.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour