Author Topic: Philippine President Duterte Likens Himself to Hitler  (Read 803 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

Philippine President Duterte Likens Himself to Hitler
« on: September 30, 2016, 03:51:40 pm »
SOURCE: CNN

URL: http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/30/asia/duterte-hitler-comparison/index.html

by Euan McKirdy

When comparing yourself to world leaders or historical figures, there are perhaps less controversial choices than Adolf Hitler.

Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte on Friday likened himself to the Nazi leader, saying he wants to kill millions of drug addicts, just as Hitler killed Jews during the Holocaust.

"Hitler massacred 3 million Jews. Now there is 3 million, what is it, 3 million drug addicts (in the Philippines), there are," he said in a speech in his hometown of Davao City.

"I'd be happy to slaughter them. At least if Germany had Hitler, the Philippines would have (me). You know my victims, I would like (them) to be all criminals, to finish the problem of my country and save the next generation from perdition."

History counts the cost of Hitler's purges against "undesirables" at 11 million, 6 million of whom were Jews.

World Jewish Congress President Ronald Lauder, in Israel to attend the funeral of former Prime Minister Shimon Peres, condemned the remarks.

"These statements are revolting, and President Duterte must retract them and apologize," Lauder said. "We just marked the 75th anniversary of Babi Yar, the massacre of more than 33,000

Jews in Ukraine by Nazi Germany. ... Now, the elected leader of the Philippines openly calls for the mass murder of people who are addicted to drugs.
"Drug abuse is a serious issue. But what President Duterte said is not only profoundly inhumane, but it demonstrates an appalling disrespect for human life."

The controversial leader campaigned on a hard line against crime, particularly drug offenses, and has in the past uttered statements which have caused many in the international community to recoil.

geronl

Re: Philippine President Duterte Likens Himself to Hitler
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 08:12:14 pm »
wow. wants to slaughter the addicts, insane.

Come on coup!

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 08:14:14 pm »

Come on coup!

They have a HUGE crime problem related to drugs.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 08:55:26 pm »

Come on coup!

Coup is highly unlikely. Duterte has over 90% support for his war on drugs from the people.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 01:05:15 am »
Coup is highly unlikely. Duterte has over 90% support for his war on drugs from the people.

@SirLinksALot

The country is controlled by a couple of incredibly wealthy families. As long as Duterte doesn't interfere with their family interests he is probably safe, but if he does anything to upset the apple cart he is gone. The support of 90% of the population is meaningless in the PI he needs to keep 900 at most happy...

rangerrebew

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2016, 04:29:23 pm »
Duterte Vows to Kill 3 Million
President of Philippines compares himself to Adolf Hitler

By Curt Mills | Staff Writer Sept. 30, 2016, at 10:34 a.m.
MORE
Duterte Vows to Kill 3 Million
MORE
Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte addresses Philippine Marines in suburban Taguig city east of Manila, Philippines, Tuesday, Sept. 27, 2016.

Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte said killing drug users would "save the next generation from perdition." (Bullit Marquez/AP)

The president of the Philippines, Rodrigo Duterte, made perhaps his most controversial remark on record Friday -- openly musing about killing 3 million drug users, and likening himself to Adolf Hitler.

"If Germany had Hitler, the Philippines would have...," Duterte said in a press conference, then pausing and pointing to himself.

"Hitler massacred 3 million Jews ... there's 3 million drug addicts. There are. I'd be happy to slaughter them," Duterte said, speaking in Davao City, where he was previously mayor and gained a reputation for being tough-on-crime, but also allegedly employing extrajudicial death squads. Explosive testimony rocked the country earlier this month, when a self-confessed former death squad member said he witnessed Duterte personally execute a government official with a machine gun in the early 1990's.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-09-30/philippines-rodrigo-duterte-vows-to-kill-3-million-compares-himself-to-hitler
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 04:30:15 pm by rangerrebew »