Author Topic: Police officer taking on suicide after his fellow Marine killed himself when turned away from VA  (Read 320 times)

rangerrebew

Police officer taking on suicide after his fellow Marine killed himself when turned away from VA
By Andy Wolf| September 23rd, 2016|Military News, U.S. Marines|0 Comments

(left) Brandon Ketchum as a color guard at the Hult Center in Peoria, IL during a speech by a former Navy SEAL. (right) Brandon visiting is father's grave. (Facebook)

The VA could owe you thousands!

The comrade of a deceased US Marine veteran who made headlines after his suicide has founded an organization in honor of his fallen comrade, hoping to raise awareness and ultimately put a dent in veteran suicides.

When Brandon Ketchum took his own life over the summer after being denied treatment at a VA hospital in Iowa, Marine/Army Reserve veteran and former police officer Adam Hass was left with only memories of his boot camp buddy.

“One time, Brandon and I went to a Packers game in Green Bay,” Hass recalled. “I had an extra ticket [at the] last minute and I gave it to Brandon so he could come with. We got separated from each other, and Brandon left his phone in my car. He was able to use a stranger’s phone to have his mom send me a Facebook message so we could find each other.”

http://popularmilitary.com/police-officer-taking-suicide-fellow-marine-killed-turned-away-va/
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 11:43:25 am by rangerrebew »