Author Topic: CMPD said Keith Lamont Scott had a gun. Was that reason enough to order him to drop it?  (Read 6809 times)

rangerrebew

MSNBC Pushes Narrative That Police May Have Planted Gun On Keith Lamont Scott [VIDEO]
Photo of Christian Datoc
Christian Datoc
Reporter
2:31 PM 09/23/2016

MSNBC’s Joy Ann Reid pushed the narrative Friday that Charlotte police may have planted a gun on Keith Lamont Scott after shooting and killing him.

Reid posted several screenshots from the video that Scott’s family released Friday to Twitter. (VIDEO: Keith Lamont Scott’s Family Releases Footage Of Police Shooting)

“One reason to be very skeptical about the police account is that in the Walter Scott shooting, there appeared to have been a planted gun,” Reid wrote, referencing the 2015 shooting in North Charleston, S.C.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/09/23/msnbc-pushes-narrative-that-police-may-have-planted-gun-on-keith-lamont-scott-video/#ixzz4LAnrRbbp

Offline Charlespg

MSNBC Pushes Narrative That Police May Have Planted Gun On Keith Lamont Scott [VIDEO]
Photo of Christian Datoc
Christian Datoc
Reporter
2:31 PM 09/23/2016

MSNBC’s Joy Ann Reid pushed the narrative Friday that Charlotte police may have planted a gun on Keith Lamont Scott after shooting and killing him.

Reid posted several screenshots from the video that Scott’s family released Friday to Twitter. (VIDEO: Keith Lamont Scott’s Family Releases Footage Of Police Shooting)

“One reason to be very skeptical about the police account is that in the Walter Scott shooting, there appeared to have been a planted gun,” Reid wrote, referencing the 2015 shooting in North Charleston, S.C.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/09/23/msnbc-pushes-narrative-that-police-may-have-planted-gun-on-keith-lamont-scott-video/#ixzz4LAnrRbbp

If a race war starts people like her should be targeted
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline bolobaby

This is absolutely ridiculous. Let's figure this out...

There are, like, seven cops there. They KNOW they are being video taped by the wife, who is yelling at the top of her lungs. It is likely they are being recorded by others since the standoff goes on long enough to attract ALL the attention in the neighborhood.

So, ALL seven cops, with no prior coordination, jointly decide, "Oh, shit - he didn't have a gun. Johnson - put your throwaway into his hands!"

Not a single cop thinks, "Hell no - this is being recorded. I'm not going to jail over this crap!"

Riiiiiiiiiight.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline goatprairie

Par for the course. The defenders of O.J. Simpson claimed the police planted all the incriminating blood evidence found on Simpson's vehicle.  No amount of facts and evidence changes their minds.

rangerrebew

CMPD said Keith Lamont Scott had a gun. Was that reason enough to order him to drop it?
1 of 30
Protesters have taken to the streets of Charlotte following the shooting death of Keith Lamont Scott on Tuesday. Officials allege a black officer opened fire on Scott after he emerged from his car with a gun in the University City area. Family members say Scott, a disabled black man, was holding a book. Nicole L. Cvetnic / McClatchy

By Steve Harrison

Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police say that Keith Lamont Scott was holding a handgun – not a book – moments before he was shot and killed by an officer Tuesday afternoon.

But one expert questions whether CMPD was justified in its initial interaction with Scott, even based on the police’s own version of events.

In a statement released Wednesday morning, the city said that officers had come to the Village at College Downs apartment complex to serve an outstanding warrant.

As they entered the complex, the police noticed Keith Lamont Scott, who was not the person they were trying to serve the warrant.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/crime/article103252767.html#storylink=cpy

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I saw the cell phone video. They ordered the guy around 10 times to drop his gun. When cops have a gun trained on you, why wouldn't you drop it? Suicide by cop if ask me. Also his wife/girlfriend was saying "don't do it" to the guy over and over again.

Doesn't seem like anything worth rioting over to me.

Offline goatprairie

No, the cops should have waited until he shot at them. /s Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this guy thrown into prison previously for shooting at cops?

Offline sinkspur

CPD should have released the video two days ago.  Now it looks like they'll only release police video if enough public pressure is brought to bear.

Those police videos are financed with tax dollars and taxpayers should be able to see them.

I still question whether lethal force was necessary in this case.  Did Scott provoke the cops?  Seems like they came upon him to serve a warrant to somebody else.

It's one thing for a person to have a gun.  It's quite another to judge that that person is threatening you.   

Something's fishy here.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

No, the cops should have waited until he shot at them. /s Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this guy thrown into prison previously for shooting at cops?

They didn't know that.  They were serving a warrant elsewhere and came upon this guy, who was waiting for his daughter.

Offline sinkspur

So now we find out that the two cops were undercover.  They saw Scott rolling a joint and that he had a gun.  NC is an open carry state.  He was sitting in his car.

The two cops LEAVE THE SCENE, go get vests and come back, confront him, tell him to get out of the car and drop the gun.  He gets out of the car, MOVES BACKWARD from the cops, does not raise the gun, and gets shot.

No wonder CPD didn't want to release this video.

Offline goatprairie

So now we find out that the two cops were undercover.  They saw Scott rolling a joint and that he had a gun.  NC is an open carry state.  He was sitting in his car.

The two cops LEAVE THE SCENE, go get vests and come back, confront him, tell him to get out of the car and drop the gun.  He gets out of the car, MOVES BACKWARD from the cops, does not raise the gun, and gets shot.

No wonder CPD didn't want to release this video.
Yes, why did he pick up a gun when confronted by police with their guns drawn? Would you?

Offline sinkspur

Yes, why did he pick up a gun when confronted by police with their guns drawn? Would you?

The more important question is:  why did they escalate this situation by coming back with vests on?  Could they not have gotten cooperation from him in another way?  Could they not have used a tazer?  Why in hell did they not have their body cameras on? 

This stinks to high heaven.  Why are cops so anxious to shoot people?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I know threads get merged, so the news now, is that the police have released video of the scene due to public pressure.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/25/us/charlotte-police-videos-keith-scott.html

You would not be saying "drop the gun", if someone were holding a book.

Wingnut

I know threads get merged, so the news now, is that the police have released video of the scene due to public pressure.

Yes.  CYA. 

Offline sinkspur

You also would not shoot someone who is backing away from you.  Which is what Officer Vinson did.  There was no reason to shoot Scott.  He was NOT a threat to these cops.

• Technical
The more important question is:  why did they escalate this situation by coming back with vests on?  Could they not have gotten cooperation from him in another way?  Could they not have used a tazer?  Why in hell did they not have their body cameras on? 

This stinks to high heaven.  Why are cops so anxious to shoot people?

You pick up a gun, you get shot. Cops are being murdered all over the country.

If it were me, I'd shoot him too.

Offline sinkspur

You pick up a gun, you get shot. Cops are being murdered all over the country.

If it were me, I'd shoot him too.

So if I'm walking to my house, with my open carry gun, and some hot dog cop rolls up and tells me to drop it cuz he wants to question me, he can shoot me if I don't drop it?  Where's the probable cause?

Cops are being murdered and they're murdering.   Too much of both.

• Technical
So if I'm walking to my house, with my open carry gun, and some hot dog cop rolls up and tells me to drop it cuz he wants to question me, he can shoot me if I don't drop it?  Where's the probable cause?

If you are pointing it at him in a threatening manner, or acting erratically, at some point in his mind it's you or him. The law is not a suicide contract is it?

Offline sinkspur

If you are pointing it at him in a threatening manner, or acting erratically, at some point in his mind it's you or him. The law is not a suicide contract is it?

In the Charlotte case, Scott never pointed the gun at either cop.  Have you asked yourself why only one shot the guy?

• Technical
In the Charlotte case, Scott never pointed the gun at either cop.  Have you asked yourself why only one shot the guy?

I saw the video, I heard the cop say "drop the gun" about 10 times. I heard his wife plead with him to drop the weapon.

Without being there, I would say suicide by cop. I believe a grand jury or prosecutor will agree with me, as they have repeatedly.

Is the cop supposed to wait for the guy to shoot?

I could be wrong of course. Were I a betting man I'd say I'm right and you're wrong. But we shall see.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 12:45:11 am by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline sinkspur

I saw the video, I heard the cop say "drop the gun" about 10 times. I heard his wife plead with him to drop the weapon.

Without being there, I would say suicide by cop. I believe a grand jury or prosecutor will agree with me, as they have repeatedly.

Is the cop supposed to wait for the guy to shoot?

I could be wrong of course. Were I a betting man I'd say I'm right and you're wrong. But we shall see.

The cops were there to serve a warrant on somebody else.  They saw Scott light up a dube and then saw the gun. So they LEFT THE SCENE, went back to the station, got vests and came back.  Apparently never told their superiors what they were doing. 

Why in hell did they escalate the situation?  Where were their tazers?  Why is the first recourse to some of these hotheads to shoot somebody?

The whole thing could have been avoided.  Too many cops shooting people. 

I would never call the cops unless absolutely necessary.  You never know what kind of hopped up goofball is going to show up and shoot your dog.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 12:50:10 am by sinkspur »

• Technical
The cops were there to serve a warrant on somebody else.  They saw Scott light up a dube and then saw the gun. So they LEFT THE SCENE, went back to the station, got vests and came back.  Apparently never told their superiors what they were doing. 

Why in hell did they escalate the situation?  Where were their tazers?  Why is the first recourse to some of these hotheads to shoot somebody?

The whole thing could have been avoided.  Too many cops shooting people. 

I would never call the cops unless absolutely necessary.  You never know what kind of hopped up goofball is going to show up and shoot your dog.

Answer the question, Sinky, were the cops supposed to wait until the guy shot?

Again, I wasn't there. Neither were you. This will be decided in a court of law in due process as it should. I believe that they will not be prosecuted, and if prosecuted, will not be convicted.

Offline sinkspur

Answer the question, Sinky, were the cops supposed to wait until the guy shot?

Again, I wasn't there. Neither were you. This will be decided in a court of law in due process as it should. I believe that they will not be prosecuted, and if prosecuted, will not be convicted.

Use a Tazer.  That's why the effing taxpayers had to ante up for the damned things.   

No, they won't be prosecuted because cops are rarely prosecuted. But it's just another instance of a death by cop that didn't need to happen.

• Technical
But it's just another instance of a death by cop that didn't need to happen.

So says the tough guy keyboard warrior. There are more than one on this board it seems.

Offline sinkspur

So says the tough guy keyboard warrior. There are more than one on this board it seems.

Watch the goddamned video.  These two were running around like there was an ISIS terrorist in that truck.

Hopped up cops who handcuffed a dying man and came to his aid five minutes after they mortally wounded him.  Aholes.