Author Topic: Cruz: I'm voting for Trump  (Read 128475 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Cruz: I'm voting for Trump
« Reply #1475 on: October 10, 2016, 09:58:09 pm »
Thanks, Longmire, I figured we could count on you to come up with any quote. Got a link? Just to verify and all that.

However if those were his words, it's parsed as the fulfillment of an obligation, hardly gushing support.

Sooo Ted has a problem fulfilling commitments. Sounds exactly why he is not the Republican nominee for POTUS. But I can understand why he couldn't give gushing support when he was gushing blood from his azz like that.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1476 on: October 10, 2016, 10:02:40 pm »
Sooo Ted has a problem fulfilling commitments. Sounds exactly why he is not the Republican nominee for POTUS. But I can understand why he couldn't give gushing support when he was gushing blood from his azz like that.

You know I can see why Trump uses such simplistic childish schoolyard name calling as a cornerstone of his campaign...it appeals to and connects with simple minded people such as yourself.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1477 on: October 10, 2016, 10:11:56 pm »
You know I can see why Trump uses such simplistic childish schoolyard name calling as a cornerstone of his campaign...it appeals to and connects with simple minded people such as yourself.

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

EXACTLY WHY this country is in a craphole. People are too easily led.  Thanks for playing.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 10:20:01 pm by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1478 on: October 10, 2016, 10:27:08 pm »
:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

People are too easily led. 

Hence the reason Donny appeals to you.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1479 on: October 10, 2016, 10:36:09 pm »
Hence the reason Donny appeals to you.

You do realize Fred's pulling your leg, right?  He doesn't like Donny any more than you do.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 11:08:17 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1480 on: October 10, 2016, 11:05:09 pm »
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 11:17:50 pm by bigheadfred »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1481 on: October 10, 2016, 11:27:54 pm »
Actually, Fred. If I were Ted, I would have told Trump, the GOP and the whole bloody party to kiss my arse, it'd be a cold day in Hell before I ever endorsed that SOB after the lies and the smears and what he did to my family.

The endorsement commitment was one Trump would have weaseled out of had he lost. he would have been braying about "stolen" delegates, etc.

I just took Cruz's statement to mean he had his ass against the wall and wanted to stay in the Senate.

As for Trump, he has debased everything he has touched. It will be a long time before the GOP can get the residue scrubbed off.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1482 on: October 10, 2016, 11:48:25 pm »
Actually, Fred. If I were Ted, I would have told Trump, the GOP and the whole bloody party to kiss my arse, it'd be a cold day in Hell before I ever endorsed that SOB after the lies and the smears and what he did to my family.

The endorsement commitment was one Trump would have weaseled out of had he lost. he would have been braying about "stolen" delegates, etc.

I just took Cruz's statement to mean he had his ass against the wall and wanted to stay in the Senate.

As for Trump, he has debased everything he has touched. It will be a long time before the GOP can get the residue scrubbed off.

Meh. Can't polish a turd, Joe.  And that isn't residue on the GOP. Great. Now I have an earworm.

I would swallow my pride
I would choke on the rhines
But the lack there of would
Leave me empty inside

Swallow my doubt, turn it inside out
Find nothin' but faith in nothin'
Wanna put my tender heart in a blender
Watch it spin round to a beautiful oblivion
Rendezvous then I'm through with you

You ain't Ted. I ain't Ted. The wife and I were out one night and this guy started talking crap at her. She asked me aren't you going to do something? He took his eyes off me to hand off his drink...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1483 on: October 10, 2016, 11:53:12 pm »

That's all there is to it.  And it had to be tepid, or he'd have lost a lot of the NeverTrump votes he needs to keep that gig. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #1484 on: October 11, 2016, 12:00:42 am »
Thanks, Longmire, I figured we could count on you to come up with any quote. Got a link? Just to verify and all that.

However if those were his words, it's parsed as the fulfillment of an obligation, hardly gushing support.

You are cherry picking what he said.   He also said he is voting for Trump because he is the only thing standing in the way of Hillary Clinton as President.   

His statement goes beyond honoring his commitment,  which frankly I wouldn't blame him if he didn't,   but it goes on to the fact that Hillary is a threat to us and the future of the nation.

He is doing it because he believes it is the right thing to do under the circumstances.   That is also how I feel about it. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1485 on: October 11, 2016, 12:17:08 am »
You do realize Fred's pulling your leg, right?  He doesn't like Donny any more than you do.

I guess it must be hard for him to use the proper words to say that then...as it stands he comes off sounding like a troll.

:shrug:

Offline Longmire

« Reply #1486 on: October 11, 2016, 12:25:36 am »

You are cherry picking what he said. 

:nono:

The challenge was to produce a quote that evidenced Ted Cruz endorsing Trump not write a paean to St. Teddy, and what I provided was sufficient to meet the challenge.

Cruz gave Trump his endorsement, said he was voting for him, and encouraged others to vote Trump. End of story.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1487 on: October 11, 2016, 12:30:49 am »
:nono:
Cruz gave Trump his endorsement, said he was voting for him, and encouraged others to vote Trump. End of story.

That's all there is to it.  60-70 pages of agonizing over it, and that's really all there is to it.
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1488 on: October 11, 2016, 12:34:17 am »

Until you provide credible proof Ted Cruz said that...you're spreading a blatant falsehood.

Stop lying.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1489 on: October 11, 2016, 12:34:54 am »
That's all there is to it.  60-70 pages of agonizing over it, and that's really all there is to it.

Except there has been no credible evidence that Ted Cruz has ever said the words Longmire claims he did.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1490 on: October 11, 2016, 12:36:28 am »

You are cherry picking what he said.   He also said he is voting for Trump because he is the only thing standing in the way of Hillary Clinton as President.   

His statement goes beyond honoring his commitment,  which frankly I wouldn't blame him if he didn't,   but it goes on to the fact that Hillary is a threat to us and the future of the nation.

He is doing it because he believes it is the right thing to do under the circumstances.   That is also how I feel about it.
"Our country is in crisis. Hillary Clinton is manifestly unfit to be president, and her policies would harm millions of Americans. And Donald Trump is the only thing standing in her way.

A year ago, I pledged to endorse the Republican nominee, and I am honoring that commitment. And if you don’t want to see a Hillary Clinton presidency, I encourage you to vote for him."

I still don't hear ringing endorsement. It's like saying we can't tread water forever, and this plank full of nails is the only thing that can keep us afloat. If you don't want to drown, grab it.
Not the excitement you might see if there was a whole lifeboat there.

@Longmire I'd still like a link, if you don't mind.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 12:37:35 am by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1491 on: October 11, 2016, 12:40:06 am »
Cruz was a special case.  I lost respect for him over it.  We stuck by him for the very same issue and now he stabs us in the back.  There are 65 pages worth of complaints in that.  Maybe more.

Do you think he doesn't hear that in his world?  He does.  He had painted himself into a corner.  He was bound to infuriate somebody no matter what he did.  He sowed his own seeds in the Primaries.

I expect 65 more pages before this is done, yeah howdy.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #1492 on: October 11, 2016, 12:48:20 am »
@Longmire I'd still like a link, if you don't mind.
:google: You're a big boy, look it up.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1493 on: October 11, 2016, 01:10:55 am »
:google: You're a big boy, look it up.
You made the statement, you should have a link. Last time I do your homework.
For the record https://www.texastribune.org/2016/09/23/cruz-endorse-trump/
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 01:13:17 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Online DB

Offline Smokin Joe

« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 01:21:05 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline Longmire

« Reply #1496 on: October 11, 2016, 01:21:05 am »
@Smokin Joe You said the same thing last time...I figure you'll eventually figure things out.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1497 on: October 11, 2016, 01:21:37 am »
@Smokin Joe You said the same thing last time...I figure you'll eventually figure things out.
Got a link?  :tongue2:

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1498 on: October 11, 2016, 01:29:23 am »
I guess it must be hard for him to use the proper words to say that then...as it stands he comes off sounding like a troll.

:shrug:

I do sound like that. I kind of get tired of people putting politicians on pedestals. They are politicians. The higher up the chain a politician goes the worse they get.

And it is HARD to be anything but a simpleton when surrounded by so many geniuses.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1499 on: October 11, 2016, 01:31:36 am »
Got a link?  :tongue2:

Stop it, Joe! I'm the troll. And since some genius bought the bridge I lived under and made me homeless I don't need the competition.  :tongue2: