Author Topic: Cruz: I'm voting for Trump  (Read 128482 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Re: Cruz: I'm voting for Trump
« Reply #1100 on: October 01, 2016, 05:49:20 pm »
BTW... I'm not on any "Hillary club", but if you're going to say that Ttump "built" that tower, then you also have to say that Obama "killed" bin Laden.

It's called intellectual honesty.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 03:18:27 am by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1101 on: October 01, 2016, 06:01:10 pm »
BTW... I'm not on any "Hillary club", but if you're going to say that Ttump "built" that tower, then yiubalsnhave to say that Obama "killed" bin Laden.

Not sure how this fits in, but here goes...

Obama had to be tricked into OKing the shooting of bin Laden by being convinced to issue vague orders.  Valerie Jarret was kept out of the loop by the brass, and had she caught wind of what they were doing it she would have nixed the mission for the fourth time.

I don't think Trump had to be tricked into developing the tower.  Intellectual honesty prohibits me from comparing the two events. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #1102 on: October 01, 2016, 07:39:03 pm »
Well I hope you enjoy president Hillary, you deserve her, since you are unwilling to back the only candidate that might be able to stop and her anti-American, pro amnesty, pro Muslim brotherhood, pro corruption government. 

I don't and I won't "enjoy" either one of them - simply because punitive-seeking fools have made them their monarchs to represent the absolute basest and worst aspects of human nature so as to lead a nation.

And by all means keep deluding yourself into thinking there is no difference between Hillary and Trump.

I've decided Trump and his fascist militants are far worse than Hillary and a greater immediate danger to my liberty than Hillary and her Commie hordes are.

Even the leader of the #NeverTrump movement, Ted Cruz, realizes that president Hillary would be a disaster for the USA.

I don't care what Cruz or any other man does with their vote.  I'm not moved or motivated by what other people do. Never have been. Never will be.  Do enjoy your leap from the cliff with all the other lemmings though.

President Hillary would mean the end of Constitutional government in the USA.  But go right ahead and keep those blinders on your eyes.

Talk about being blind!  The end of Constitutional government was already established under Obama with the willing assistance of the Republican party.  Trump and Hillary simply entrench their peculiar versions of statist tyranny in permanence.

By the way, your hyperbole about "dictator" and "messiah" are way over the top.

I don't care if you think they are.  They are intentional statements of what fanatics for Trump have of themselves stated they want Trump to be.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1103 on: October 01, 2016, 07:47:34 pm »
You #NeverTrumpers sure do have a problem with the truth.

@musiclady it is a flat out lie that Trump inherited his wealth.
He inherited $300 million from his father when Fred died, probably controlled a good chunk of it before that because of Fred's Alzheimer's, and most importantly, because of nepotism in the Trump organization, inherited a wealth of connections and friends inside the real estate industry that a common man such as myself will never have.

With those connections:
"Oh, he's Fred Trump's son! I know Fred. I'll give him a great deal."

Without:
*throws proposal in the trash* "We don't accept anything unsolicited."
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 07:49:57 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Longmire

« Reply #1104 on: October 01, 2016, 07:58:16 pm »

Speaking of which, who the hell said Obama didn't kill Bin Laden anyway...besides you that is?   :pondering:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #1105 on: October 01, 2016, 08:57:18 pm »

Donald J. TrumpVerified account
‏@realDonaldTrump
I won the debate if you decide without watching the totally one-sided "spin" that followed. This despite the really bad microphone.

Agree. The only problem was the first part, where you wasted time making a case against Hillary. Stick to the birther stuff & Miss Universe.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1106 on: October 01, 2016, 09:39:41 pm »
He inherited $300 million from his father when Fred died, probably controlled a good chunk of it before that because of Fred's Alzheimer's, and most importantly, because of nepotism in the Trump organization, inherited a wealth of connections and friends inside the real estate industry that a common man such as myself will never have.

With those connections:
"Oh, he's Fred Trump's son! I know Fred. I'll give him a great deal."

Without:
*throws proposal in the trash* "We don't accept anything unsolicited."

You're neglecting the timeline.  Donald Trump bought the property for Trump Tower in 1979, and the last vacancy was filled in 1983.  Fred Trump died in 1999, 20 years after Donald started the work on the Trump Tower, 15 years after it was finished.

There's no denying the family connections led to a lot of proposals not being thrown in the trash (and Fred did loan the younger a million bucks), but it's factually incorrect to say Donald Trump would have been nothing had he not inherited his father's wealth.  He had a significant reputation all his own by the time Fred Trump died.

I don't like Trump, I've said it a bunch of times, but I also said that, as with previous elections, I was going to have to waste considerable breath defending him from BS charges.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1107 on: October 01, 2016, 09:42:33 pm »
Speaking of which, who the hell said Obama didn't kill Bin Laden anyway...besides you that is?   :pondering:

I haven't been asked lately, but I'd sure as heck say Obama did not kill bin Laden.  He didn't plug the leak from Deepwater Horizon either, but that didn't stop him from claiming credit for both.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #1108 on: October 01, 2016, 10:00:37 pm »
I haven't been asked lately, but I'd sure as heck say Obama did not kill bin Laden.  He didn't plug the leak from Deepwater Horizon either, but that didn't stop him from claiming credit for both.

Oh good grief...Obama gets credit for killing Bin Laden just like Carter got blamed for failing to rescue the Iran hostages.

Both operations were their decision for better or worse, and that goes with the Commander in Chief territory.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1109 on: October 01, 2016, 10:25:48 pm »
Oh good grief...Obama gets credit for killing Bin Laden just like Carter got blamed for failing to rescue the Iran hostages.

Both operations were their decision for better or worse, and that goes with the Commander in Chief territory.

The phrase on the table was "Obama killed bin Laden," as if he actually pulled the trigger.  Not only did he not pull the trigger, he had to be tricked into going over Valerie's head to allow it.  Here's the kicker:  Among the people involved in getting Obama to give the OK was his Secretary of State at the time.  That's right, Hillary Clinton deserves more credit for the execution of bin Laden that Obama.

I refuse to give Obastard the credit you are willing to.  Good grief.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 10:26:57 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #1110 on: October 02, 2016, 03:23:15 am »
Not sure how this fits in, but here goes...

Obama had to be tricked into OKing the shooting of bin Laden by being convinced to issue vague orders.  Valerie Jarret was kept out of the loop by the brass, and had she caught wind of what they were doing it she would have nixed the mission for the fourth time.

I don't think Trump had to be tricked into developing the tower.  Intellectual honesty prohibits me from comparing the two events.

Motivations have nothing to do with it.

If the owner of the company that built the structure gets credit for building it in spite of never having actually done any construction work, architectural design or laying any pipe, then the head of the government and CiC of the armed forces that killed bin Laden needs to be given the credit for killing him, in spite of the fact that he was thousands of miles away and never pulled the trigger.

Intellectual honesty.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #1111 on: October 02, 2016, 03:32:23 am »

The SEALs who actually killed bin Laden:

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/SEALs-Obama-binLaden-/2012/04/30/id/437580/

John Bolton:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XLFGUGL7SY

Sean Hannity:

http://crooksandliars.com/david/hannity-osama-bin-laden-dead-thanks-george-b

Oh crap!

I almost forgot!

And this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELTroYeg1zQ

You all seem to think that we haven't been paying attention to what's been going on all these years.

Online DB

« Reply #1112 on: October 02, 2016, 03:37:16 am »
The SEALs who actually killed bin Laden:

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/SEALs-Obama-binLaden-/2012/04/30/id/437580/

John Bolton:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XLFGUGL7SY

Sean Hannity:

http://crooksandliars.com/david/hannity-osama-bin-laden-dead-thanks-george-b

Oh crap!

I almost forgot!

And this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELTroYeg1zQ

You all seem to think that we haven't been paying attention to what's been going on all these years.

LOL!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1113 on: October 02, 2016, 05:45:51 am »
Motivations have nothing to do with it.

If the owner of the company that built the structure gets credit for building it in spite of never having actually done any construction work, architectural design or laying any pipe, then the head of the government and CiC of the armed forces that killed bin Laden needs to be given the credit for killing him, in spite of the fact that he was thousands of miles away and never pulled the trigger.

Intellectual honesty.

If you want to give credit to the guy who fought the operation every step of the way, then have at it.  I won't.  It would be like giving credit for welfare reform to Bill Clinton.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #1114 on: October 02, 2016, 04:40:23 pm »
@Luis Gonzalez

I have no problem giving Obama credit on this..it was his call as Commander in Chief 

There is a question of how much credit he should get, but no whether or not he did it.

More importantly perhaps, the terrorists themselves blame Obama for killing Bin Laden.

The other people you cited including Trump have their own motivations for disagreeing.

:shrug:

geronl

« Reply #1115 on: October 02, 2016, 08:09:54 pm »
Trump is an slightly boorish American patriot.

extremely corrupt, vile, vulgar, unbalanced, perverted crony who supported the likes of Schumer, Hillary, deBlasio and other leftists for decades

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1116 on: October 03, 2016, 03:29:55 am »
At least Trump would not arm ISIS and train ISIS unlike Hillary. At least Trump would not leave his people to die with out trying to get them help, unlike Hillary.
Whether or not she tried, the command authority was Obama's, she had no power nor authority to order military action.

I think she was headfirst up to her cankles in setting up a situation that got our people killed in Benghazi, and likely that continues to get them killed throughout the region. She could set up arms deals, transfers of technology, and a host of other dirty deeds, but she couldn't order the military to do anything.

The lack of support is all on Barry, because he could have called it in over her objections. He is CinC.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1117 on: October 03, 2016, 03:32:22 am »
If you want to give credit to the guy who fought the operation every step of the way, then have at it.  I won't.  It would be like giving credit for welfare reform to Bill Clinton.
But that's the way it works, dangnear anywhere.

Some one fights like a banshee to get something done and when it works out, they're pushed to the side and the same people he/she fought take the credit.

It sucks, but that's the way it goes.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1118 on: October 03, 2016, 04:06:34 am »
Whether or not she tried, the command authority was Obama's, she had no power nor authority to order military action.

I think she was headfirst up to her cankles in setting up a situation that got our people killed in Benghazi, and likely that continues to get them killed throughout the region. She could set up arms deals, transfers of technology, and a host of other dirty deeds, but she couldn't order the military to do anything.

The lack of support is all on Barry, because he could have called it in over her objections. He is CinC.
But that's the way it works, dangnear anywhere.

Some one fights like a banshee to get something done and when it works out, they're pushed to the side and the same people he/she fought take the credit.

It sucks, but that's the way it goes.

To answer both of these....success has a thousand fathers, but failure is an orphan.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1119 on: October 03, 2016, 04:22:47 am »
To answer both of these....success has a thousand fathers, but failure is an orphan.
So true! 888high58888

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1120 on: October 03, 2016, 04:38:43 am »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1121 on: October 03, 2016, 06:02:26 am »
Well I hope you enjoy president Hillary, you deserve her, since you are unwilling to back the only candidate that might be able to stop and her anti-American, pro amnesty, pro Muslim brotherhood, pro corruption government.

There were 16 Republican candidates capable of stopping Hillary, the weakest Democrat candidate since George McGovern.  Unfortunately, Republican and Democrat voters alike decided to vote in Republican primaries for the one candidate who could not.

Stopping Hillary wasn't a concern for Trump supporters during the primaries.  Neither was the Supreme Court, the Constitution, or touchback amnesty.  So it is quite disingenuous to bring it up now to a group of people who did make it a priority back then but were shouted down by those cheering "He's gonna build a wall!"
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #1122 on: October 03, 2016, 11:57:29 am »
There were 16 Republican candidates capable of stopping Hillary, the weakest Democrat candidate since George McGovern.  Unfortunately, Republican and Democrat voters alike decided to vote in Republican primaries for the one candidate who could not.

Stopping Hillary wasn't a concern for Trump supporters during the primaries.  Neither was the Supreme Court, the Constitution, or touchback amnesty.  So it is quite disingenuous to bring it up now to a group of people who did make it a priority back then but were shouted down by those cheering "He's gonna build a wall!"

Whether Trump loses outright or wins and turns on them even further than he has already, they will have the joy of knowing that they will never be allowed to forget they shoved this liberal on America. Ever. We won't let them forget and history will record it. They will always be known for their actions.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #1123 on: October 03, 2016, 02:09:25 pm »

Arguments like the Supreme Court should be judged on their own merits, not on whether or not the person making the argument is a hypocrite.

There are a ton of us who didn't support him in the primary who are stuck with him as the nominee because of those who did, and we're no more responsible for him being the nominee than are the NeverTrumps.  So for those of us in that particular subgroup who have decided to vote for him, it's not disingenuous for us to being up things like the Supreme Court.

Silver Pines

« Reply #1124 on: October 03, 2016, 02:13:53 pm »
Totally ridiculous comment. Hillary is a corrupt, incompetent, Marxist, Globalist hell bound to enrich herself (and Bill) by delivering the USA to her fascist globalist banker Bosses.  Trump is an slightly boorish American patriot.

@geronl
@Vulcan

@jpsb

No man who mocked the sacrifices of American soldiers by saying that eluding STDs was his own personal Vietnam can be considered a patriot...not by any stretch of the imagination.  Trump has no loyalty to anything except himself.

He's as much of a globalist as Clinton.  Three years ago, he wrote an op-ed in which he called for a global society without borders:

"We will have to leave borders behind and go for global unity when it comes to financial stability,” Trump wrote — 1,250 days ago."

http://dailycaller.com/2016/06/25/before-the-brexit-donald-trump-was-a-transnationalist-who-wanted-to-leave-borders-behind/

I've known people who are "slightly boorish".  None of them were low enough to mock handicapped people, as Trump has done.  None of them had a record of stiffing small businesses for personal profit, or trying to deny street vending rights to disabled veterans, or gushing praise for murderous dictators.  None of them said they would do nothing to stop the practice of driving scissors into the skulls of newborns because they were "very pro-choice." 

Trump is a disgrace.  He's a skilled con-man who is very good at telling people what they want to hear; for the past year now, he's done just that, and it's unfortunate that so many have lapped it up and bought into it.  For myself, I still find it nothing short of stunning that they can't see through him, or that they think he has actually changed.