Author Topic: Cruz: I'm voting for Trump  (Read 128291 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: Cruz: I'm voting for Trump
« Reply #950 on: September 28, 2016, 06:07:01 pm »
I disagree.....that, from Cruz's statement right there....that he called us (#neverTrump folks) liberals or liberal Repubicans.  He was talking about all of the RINO supporters there...NOT about his conservative (albeit former) supporters. 

Hewitt specifically asked Cruz about all the blowback he has received AFTER endorsing Trump.  Allahpundit has it correct:

None of the people “throwing rocks” at Cruz are liberal Republicans who hate him for standing up to Washington. Those people are laughing at him for having revealed just how thin his principles are once he finds himself in a truly hard spot politically. They’re not mad, they’re happy because he proved they were right about him all along. The people throwing rocks are chumps like Glenn Beck, Steve Deace, and me who liked that he stood up to his own leadership and wouldn’t go along with the tide in endorsing a not-even-pretend conservative like Trump. We all bought the “man of principle” nonsense to varying degrees and now, like anyone who’s been conned, we’re angry.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online libertybele

« Reply #951 on: September 28, 2016, 06:07:40 pm »
@libertybele

But why did he say that NeverTrumpers are liberals? 

Look, I'm as well-versed with Cruz's accomplishments as anyone else.  I spent enough time listing them to the morons at TOS, and for friends and family as well.  My in-laws initially supported Cruz, but they fell for the Iowa/Ben Carson lie, and my husband and I tried our best to get them to see sense.  We bought Ted's book and gave it to them.

Bottom line, endorsing Trump is one thing, and I don't even like that.  Becoming a surrogate is another.  But I'm not going to blindly follow someone who calls me a liberal after I worked for him and voted for him and gave him my hard-earned money.

IMHO Cruz didn't call #NeverTrump liberals.  That was not what I gathered from the Hewitt broadcast.

I am not blindly following Cruz as I have given this a lot of thought and though I continue to support him, I am going to be judging him carefully once again from this point forward.  For now, I am very confident of the reasons that he laid out are indeed his conscience.  Is there a possibility that he and/or his family was threatened?  Absolutely.  Is there a possibility that he was promised something other than the list of Supreme Court justices?  Absolutely.

Would he purposefully ditch the people that worked their butts off for him, and left their jobs and homes to help him?  Nope, I'm not buying that for a minute.  I don't see it in his character, nor is it logical. After all, IF he intends to run for re-election in the Senate and later on the presidency, he's going to need that support.  He's not stupid by any means.

IMHO IF indeed he 'caved' as some think he has, I don't see him running for re-election nor the presidency; he is conscientious and he has to live with losing his way, his principles and his integrity.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #952 on: September 28, 2016, 06:09:08 pm »
Cruz specifically laid out his two primary objectives as to why he is voting for Trump:

#1  To stop Hillary Clinton from becoming president.

#2  Preserve the Supreme Court and our Bill of Rights under the Constitution.  He was very specific and laid out the fact that he met with Mike Pence (the meeting was known about weeks ago) and his answer to Pence was the Supreme Court; consequently a list of 21 acceptable justice nominees were given (including Mike Lee).  Cruz also was specific in stating that he was told that the justice(s) would be picked and voted on from that list.

He also stated that Trump is the only one standing in the way between Hillary and losing our rights.

Once again, and I've stated this before, Cruz represented 31 states before the Supreme Court in Heller v. DC and won.  I have every reason to believe he would like to see our 2nd amendment rights preserved as his primary motivation for voting Trump.

I continue to support Cruz.  I very strongly believe that our 2nd amendment right is the MOST important of all of our rights; without it we will have NO rights!

Very well said, @libertybele.   I understand those who are disappointed in Cruz, as I am, but I agree with the reasoning stated by Libertybele.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #953 on: September 28, 2016, 06:09:39 pm »
IMHO Cruz didn't call #NeverTrump liberals.  That was not what I gathered from the Hewitt broadcast.

I am not blindly following Cruz as I have given this a lot of thought and though I continue to support him, I am going to be judging him carefully once again from this point forward.  For now, I am very confident of the reasons that he laid out are indeed his conscience.  Is there a possibility that he and/or his family was threatened?  Absolutely.  Is there a possibility that he was promised something other than the list of Supreme Court justices?  Absolutely.

Would he purposefully ditch the people that worked their butts off for him, and left their jobs and homes to help him?  Nope, I'm not buying that for a minute.  I don't see it in his character, nor is it logical. After all, IF he intends to run for re-election in the Senate and later on the presidency, he's going to need that support.  He's not stupid by any means.

IMHO IF indeed he 'caved' as some think he has, I don't see him running for re-election nor the presidency; he is conscientious and he has to live with losing his way, his principles and his integrity.

Cruz is not responsible for the spot we find ourselves in. Its just as silly for NeverTrumpers to make him the object of their anger as it was for the Trumpsters.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #954 on: September 28, 2016, 06:12:27 pm »
The difference between your understanding of the current situation and ours is that you see a significant disparity in probable effect between the two major candidates, while we consider that regardless of which one becomes President their actions will be essentially the same.

Exactly.   Against all the evidence of Hillary's mindset and History,  you irrationally think that other people could be just as bad.   

This only tells me you have no accurate understanding of what sort of vile witch with which you are dealing.   A person that knows her background and history would do everything of which they could think to prevent this Fascist Hate-B*tch from getting her hands on power.   

You see the "lesser evil" as worth setting aside your principles yet again (as we all have done in past elections, don't get me wrong), while we have had enough of being ignored and marginalized and see this hobson's choice as the last straw, and rejecting both candidates is what our principled demand of us.

This "lesser evil"  is an issue of scale.    You would have us believe that  we are comparing a rat and a mouse,  the mouse being the "lesser evil."    This comparison is as inaccurate as it can possibly be.   The reality is more that of comparing a Cobra to a Mouse,  because the mouse will just annoy us,  but the Cobra will pose a deadly threat. 

Hillary is a DEADLY threat.   Anyone familiar with her past abuses of government and power realize full well that this woman is in her heart a Psychotic Nazi murderer.   

Hillary will be sending secret police to knock down doors and arrest dissidents to be placed before Kangaroo Liberal courts bent on prosecuting "Hate Crimes"  for daring to have a different opinion.   

Hillary is the modern day reincarnation of the Nazis in the United States.    Trump is just a greasy capitalist opportunist of dubious ethics.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline musiclady

« Reply #955 on: September 28, 2016, 06:16:34 pm »
Cruz is not responsible for the spot we find ourselves in. Its just as silly for NeverTrumpers to make him the object of their anger as it was for the Trumpsters.

What I have seen is not the least bit "silly."  The NeverTrumpers are not "making Cruz the object of their anger"....... they are wondering why Cruz disparaged them by calling them liberals (which he did).

I'm not emotionally invested in Cruz, but I am invested in Conservative principles and the fact that I felt he best represented them, and as I have stated above, I wonder why he had to add the insult.  His decision to endorse Trump may have come from the right place, but there was no need to go after the people who disagreed with his doing so by calling them liberal.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #956 on: September 28, 2016, 06:18:30 pm »
Cruz specifically laid out his two primary objectives as to why he is voting for Trump:

#1  To stop Hillary Clinton from becoming president.

#2  Preserve the Supreme Court and our Bill of Rights under the Constitution.  He was very specific and laid out the fact that he met with Mike Pence (the meeting was known about weeks ago) and his answer to Pence was the Supreme Court; consequently a list of 21 acceptable justice nominees were given (including Mike Lee).  Cruz also was specific in stating that he was told that the justice(s) would be picked and voted on from that list.

He also stated that Trump is the only one standing in the way between Hillary and losing our rights.

Once again, and I've stated this before, Cruz represented 31 states before the Supreme Court in Heller v. DC and won.  I have every reason to believe he would like to see our 2nd amendment rights preserved as his primary motivation for voting Trump.

I continue to support Cruz.  I very strongly believe that our 2nd amendment right is the MOST important of all of our rights; without it we will have NO rights!

Cruz's analysis and priorities are spot on.    Hillary has more hatred of us than does Barack Obama,  and she is far more vindictive.   If she wins,  conservatives will literally have targets on their backs.   She will unleash a new Federal Gestapo on we dissidents.    We will face tax increases,  "hate crimes"  prosecutions,  audits,  intimidation,   threats,  and regulations specifically designed to wreck our lives and careers. 

The number one necessity for our survival at this point is to keep that Hate-filled Psychotic Harpy away from power.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #957 on: September 28, 2016, 06:21:42 pm »

...then you should be thanking Donald Trump, who surgically removed from the running Jeb! – the well funded, open borders, media darling and establishment favorite to win.

Heck we should all be thanking Donald Trump for quickly dispatching the heir apparent to the Bush dynasty.

And as Trump deftly proved, he was the only sonofabitch who could do it. One dynasty down – one more to go November 8.

Go Trump! Defeat Hillary!

Surgically?

:bigsilly:

Bush was removed after he ruined the chances of candidates I would have preferred.  That's hardly surgical.  It'll be a cold day in Hell before I thank Trump for that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

geronl

« Reply #958 on: September 28, 2016, 06:28:31 pm »

Though Cruz came out with a statement saying Trump  was the big winner last night, and there's such a clear difference between him and Clinton, and we have to vote for Trump, etc., etc.  Ted just keeps digging.

I guess it's now a proven fact that you cannot support Trump without having to lie.

geronl

« Reply #959 on: September 28, 2016, 06:30:57 pm »

Cruz's analysis and priorities are spot on.    Hillary has more hatred of us than does Barack Obama,  and she is far more vindictive.   If she wins,  conservatives will literally have targets on their backs.   She will unleash a new Federal Gestapo on we dissidents.    We will face tax increases,  "hate crimes"  prosecutions,  audits,  intimidation,   threats,  and regulations specifically designed to wreck our lives and careers.

Trump has more hatred of us, since his side is the one who attacks us more. Trump is well known for being vindicitive. Trump will mean the end of any conservatism within the GOP, if he hasn't already. We all know what Trump and his brownshirts want to do with us who refuse to vote for him.

As a matter of fact Trump and Hillary are pretty much the same thing.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #960 on: September 28, 2016, 06:35:54 pm »
:amen:

Cruz needs to remind himself that he is not the Constitution or conservatism.  I will not bow and kiss his ring any more than I will Trump's.

Good point.

Cruz people are not "cult of personality" people.

If Cruz goes off message, Constitutionalists will stay put.

The message is the point.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #961 on: September 28, 2016, 06:38:33 pm »
I guess it's now a proven fact that you cannot support Trump without having to lie.

That's about as profound as anything I've seen in this Trump/Cruz discussion.  I wouldn't go so far as to call Cruz a "liar" (I know you would but that's beside the point), but it appears to be a fact that it's impossible to get anywhere near Trump without getting some crap on you.  IOW, he's more like a standard-issue "politician" from Central Casting than originally thought.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online libertybele

« Reply #962 on: September 28, 2016, 06:40:11 pm »
What I have seen is not the least bit "silly."  The NeverTrumpers are not "making Cruz the object of their anger"....... they are wondering why Cruz disparaged them by calling them liberals (which he did).

I'm not emotionally invested in Cruz, but I am invested in Conservative principles and the fact that I felt he best represented them, and as I have stated above, I wonder why he had to add the insult.  His decision to endorse Trump may have come from the right place, but there was no need to go after the people who disagreed with his doing so by calling them liberal.

Music...where is the link to Cruz actually calling his supporters liberals??  Again, he went after the people in Congress, the media, etc., that have always criticized him. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #963 on: September 28, 2016, 06:40:59 pm »
Then they were not really principles you held to begin with.  'Reasonable threshold'? 

I perceive you may be lacking in the necessary rigorous background in logic and philosophy necessary for you to grasp my point there.   I also am not sure I want to go to the trouble of attempting to explain it to you,  but I will give you a hint.   

Think "math functions",  and you will have a better understanding of what constitutes actual reality. 

Tell that to the Christians in Iraq, Egypt and Syria who are being told to 'convert to Islam or watch your family die'. 

Which will continue under Clinton,  but which may be stopped under Trump.   I see Hungary is offering asylum to Christians in the Middle East.   With Obama's policies continued,  we will not do this,  but with Trump?  We might. 

To men, that might be a 'reasonable threshold' to surrender your principles, even though there is no guarantee that the Jihadists are not going to kill them and you anyway (making sure you and your family die as Muslims).  It can be argued that deviating from principle because convert now, repent later and save your family is a powerful pragmatic argument.  Certainly a powerful pragmatic argument to the reasoning of men, except that denial of principle will cost them their salvation since Christ said explicitly that if we deny The Father before men, He will deny us before The Father.

That's life and death there.  This is just politics we're talking here.

And that is the delusion  I am constantly fighting here on this website;   That we are merely talking "Politics"  here.   No,  we are talking *LIFE* AND *DEATH* HERE as well,  it's just that some of you haven't yet quite grasped the essential point I am trying to make when I say *HILLARY IS A NAZI*! 

Murderous policies are coming to America if Hillary gets her claws on power.   

Anytime you would choose to surrender a principle for pragmatism, you've surrendered your principle completely because you obviously are not governed by it.  It was never a principle to begin with.  Just a guideline that can change for the sake of expedience.

There are big principles and there are little principles,  and one of the most important principles is the need to distinguish them by priority.    In fact,  the word  "principle"  actually *MEANS*  "priority" after a fashion.   

You appear to be big on the bible, so heed God's admonishment about rescuing your Ox on the Sabbath.   The lesser principle must always yield to the greater. 

I'm not going to bother with the rest of your spiel.  It's just more of the same fallacy arguments. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #964 on: September 28, 2016, 06:45:24 pm »
Trump has more hatred of us, since his side is the one who attacks us more. Trump is well known for being vindicitive. Trump will mean the end of any conservatism within the GOP, if he hasn't already. We all know what Trump and his brownshirts want to do with us who refuse to vote for him.

As a matter of fact Trump and Hillary are pretty much the same thing.

I reject your assertions.    They do not bear any resemblance to the reality which I perceive. 

— Lord Melbourne —

geronl

« Reply #965 on: September 28, 2016, 06:48:51 pm »

Which will continue under Clinton,  but which may be stopped under Trump.   

lol. Idiotic.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #966 on: September 28, 2016, 07:17:02 pm »
Music...where is the link to Cruz actually calling his supporters liberals??  Again, he went after the people in Congress, the media, etc., that have always criticized him.

In the quoted paragraphs, here.......... particularly the second one in the quote box.

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/09/27/ted-cruz-celebrates-trumps-debate-performance-hugh-hewitts-show/

I'm not going to throw Cruz under the bus for this, but most, if not all of the criticism of his endorsing Trump has come from people who were with him in his Senate stand against the GOPe...... i.e. his supporters, none of whom are "liberal."

Again, a completely unnecessary assault on people who opposed his endorsement of a leftist, and IMO, not wise either politically or personally.

JMHO......

Offline Idiot

« Reply #967 on: September 28, 2016, 07:46:36 pm »
It has been linked to and the transcript posted on this thread.  A small percentage of those angry at him are liberals.  He blew that up to sound like most all of the critics were liberals.  Just the opposite.  Most all of the critics are conservative supporters who have been defending him for weeks over the exact same thing.  What happened to "vote your conscience."  Now that his conscience says "Trump," the rest of us are liberals.

You are refusing to see the truth because you like him.  I understand that.  It is a human weakness we all share.  But we must fight against it.  Cruz is wrong in this instance.  VERY VERY wrong.  He may regret those words.  He may just regret the backlash.  He is trying hard to have it both ways.  But just like with Trump, the truth is the truth is the truth.  Two contrary things are not true at the same time.  No rewrites are given just because we like the guy.  Cruz is a total hypocrite right now.  Complete and total.  He is acting just like Trump.  That seems to happen to everyone who gets on that hideous train.  Cruz praised Trump's debate performance where he basically pulled a similar "she's ugly" "she's fat" smear like he did to Cruz's own wife.  Yet Cruz praises him now.  What gives?
Cruz is my senator and has and continues to represent Texas well in the senate.  I don't agree with some of the things he does, but considering our other senator....the man is a giant.

Online libertybele

« Reply #968 on: September 28, 2016, 07:52:46 pm »
In the quoted paragraphs, here.......... particularly the second one in the quote box.

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/09/27/ted-cruz-celebrates-trumps-debate-performance-hugh-hewitts-show/

I'm not going to throw Cruz under the bus for this, but most, if not all of the criticism of his endorsing Trump has come from people who were with him in his Senate stand against the GOPe...... i.e. his supporters, none of whom are "liberal."

Again, a completely unnecessary assault on people who opposed his endorsement of a leftist, and IMO, not wise either politically or personally.

JMHO......

The quote from Ted Cruz is as follows:

TC: Well, it is not surprising that there are a bunch of people throwing rocks, and I would note that the people who are throwing rocks are by and large people who have hated the fact that I have stood up to Washington and the Senate

The rest in my humble opinion is that of the person who is doing the article.  Again, and it is not my intent to argue with you Music lady, but nowhere do I find a direct quote of Cruz calling his supporters liberals in this linked article are even doing a google search.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #969 on: September 28, 2016, 08:06:58 pm »

TC: Well, it is not surprising that there are a bunch of people throwing rocks, and I would note that the people who are throwing rocks are by and large people who have hated the fact that I have stood up to Washington and the Senate

The rest in my humble opinion is that of the person who is doing the article.  Again, and it is not my intent to argue with you Music lady, but nowhere do I find a direct quote of Cruz calling his supporters liberals in this linked article are even doing a google search.

The context of the question to which he was responding makes it very clear to whom Cruz is referring.

"HH: Now Senator Cruz, I want to spend a moment on this, because I was on the Meet the Press panel on Sunday defending your endorsement, and arguing you made it because of that very reason, with some pushback from Mike Murphy, among others, with whom you have battled in the past, I have to note for the record, that oh, no, this is a primary challenge. Ted Cruz is worried about Mike McCaul, Rick Perry, you name it. and I just, I don’t think you’re vulnerable. So how do you respond to that?"

In no way was he referring to his rank & file supporters who may be let down by his endorsement.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #970 on: September 28, 2016, 08:08:41 pm »

He also said this:

And when you have liberal Republicans who don’t want to see conservatives doing that, their natural fallback, and the fallback of many of the mainstream media, is anytime you’re fighting for conservative principles, they accuse you of being just political.

He's talking about the same people here.  The people who are "throwing stones" at him for endorsing Donald...... almost all, if not all of those people are Conservatives who supported him.

My only point was that his attack on people who disagreed with him was completely unnecessary and unwise, because the people who disagreed with his endorsement were the same people who supported his conservative, principled stands in the Senate.

He would have been wiser to not be so defensive that he lobbed out some grenades at his own supporters.

Sorry....... we rarely disagree, but on this one, I think we do.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #971 on: September 28, 2016, 08:10:13 pm »

You haven't found it because it doesn't exist!  This whole thread is about made up media garbage!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #972 on: September 28, 2016, 08:10:42 pm »
I perceive you may be lacking in the necessary rigorous background in logic and philosophy necessary for you to grasp my point there.

I grasp it fine.  I disagree with it.  A majority of people use rigorous logic and philosophy to reason their principles away when convenient or pragmatic.  And when they do, they no longer possess those principles - they have traded them for what is expedient to the destruction of the very foundation their principles once existed.

Think "math functions",  and you will have a better understanding of what constitutes actual reality. 

I don't care about the math.  379 million people could sieg-heil Trump - 379 million people could have me surrounded - I'm still not going to surrender my principles simply because 'they have more'.

Which will continue under Clinton,  but which may be stopped under Trump.   I see Hungary is offering asylum to Christians in the Middle East.   With Obama's policies continued,  we will not do this,  but with Trump?  We might. 

You totally missed my point - whether it was deliberate or out of ignorance - I don't know.  I'm assuming the former, so as to deflect the point made and try to get into a debate about Trump being The Savior of Christians.  The point I attempted to make was, you could reason it better to surrender your faith and your principles in order to save lives (which is what you are advocating), and in the context of scripture - you will have surrendered salvation.

That is how I view casting a vote for Trump.  A surrender of the very principles that govern me, I might as well deny Christ.

You are reasoning it better to surrender principles in order to save lives from Hillary, and in the context of liberty and the Constitution - you have surrendered them wholesale.

Some things are non-negotiable. 

For me, voting for a lifelong NY Liberal Democrat running as a Republican is non negotiable.   I don't care you assert he is less dangerous than Hillary.  I see him as equally and potentially MORE dangerous to my liberty than Hillary.

I didn't get death threats from Hillary supporters, only from Trump's militants, simply because I have publicly stated I will not vote for him.  So much for liberty with the mobs for Trump.  They have proven themselves every bit the tyrants you are attempting to insist Hillary and her hordes will be.

And that is the delusion  I am constantly fighting here on this website;   That we are merely talking "Politics"  here.   No,  we are talking *LIFE* AND *DEATH* HERE as well,  it's just that some of you haven't yet quite grasped the essential point I am trying to make when I say *HILLARY IS A NAZI*! 

And Trump is Mussolini to me.  But fine - if it's life and death you're talking about - my answer is exactly the same as if you said vote for Trump or watch my family die.  My reward is with Him when He comes - and this earth will pass away, but a surrender of my faith for expedience will not pass away.

Murderous policies are coming to America if Hillary gets her claws on power.   

They have already been put into place under the last two regimes.  I'm still here.  And better an enemy at the head of government we can clearly identify, rather than one from our own ranks who will stab us in the back having deceived everyone he is on 'our side'.

There are big principles and there are little principles,  and one of the most important principles is the need to distinguish them by priority.   

And some people think you can categorize sin too and list which ones are more acceptable to God than other sins.

You appear to be big on the bible, so heed God's admonishment about rescuing your Ox on the Sabbath. [/url]  The lesser principle must always yield to the greater.

You do not want to go there with me.   Nowhere in scripture does God permit sin in order for good to come from it.  Jesus simply laid bare the fact that man's traditions of burdensome do's and don'ts of Sabbath Keeping were built on top of the Rest Command and were not what God intended.  God did not set aside the Commandment and state that saving an Ox was a greater duty than remembering the Sabbath Day and to keep it holy.  All Jesus did was show the burdensome fallacy of the ordinances and traditions of men that were grafted on top of the 4th Commandment.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #973 on: September 28, 2016, 08:19:22 pm »
Trump will mean the end of any conservatism within the GOP, if he hasn't already.

Exactly how is he going to accomplish that?  Aren't all of us free to vote however we want in the primaries and general elections of 2018 and 2020?  How would he prevent that?

We all know what Trump and his brownshirts want to do with us who refuse to vote for him.

Okay, assume Trump wins.  Exactly what do you expect he and his supporters to do to the rest of us?  Be specific.

I'll give you realistic answers on both those questions with respect to Hillary.

1) She will ensure that millions of left-leaning illegals are made citizens, and that felons must have their voting rights restored.  That will give the left a demographic edge that cannot be overcome in subsequent elections.

2) She will appoint hard-left justices who will enshrine progressivism as a Constitutional mandate, so even if we could win future elections, her Court would hold that conservative efforts to reverse what she has done are unconstitutional.

She will be able to accomplish those things because she'll have (at least) a fifth progressive vote on the Supreme Court, and the unified backing of the entire Democratic political machine.  I'm really curious to hear a realistic scenario that will have Trump accomplishing those same results.

@DiogenesLamp

Offline musiclady

« Reply #974 on: September 28, 2016, 08:36:12 pm »
You haven't found it because it doesn't exist!  This whole thread is about made up media garbage!

What do you think he meant in those direct quotes, Bigun?

I don't see any media spin with the words I read.  What you think he meant by them?

(Serious, respectful question).
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 08:36:39 pm by musiclady »