Author Topic: Cruz: I'm voting for Trump  (Read 128550 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Cruz: I'm voting for Trump
« Reply #300 on: September 24, 2016, 05:44:19 am »
Grace? Excuse me? Where were you while packs of Cruz supporters and assorted #NeverTrumpers ganged up on and ravaged with streams of vile insults the handful of Trump supporters here?

No no no, this doesn't just end with the cult leader Cruz endorsing Trump. No, it's not that easy. It doesn't just stop with that.

The way you people HERE treated Trump supporters was nothing less than shameful and I won't soon forget that.
Vile insults? Nonononono, not even close. Never once did I cast dispersions on your ancestry, family relationships, eating habits, personal preferences, nor your relationships with livestock or the family pets. Not once. You have not been personally insulted.
 :nono:
If you seem to harbor some sort of cognitive disconnect, I will kindly point that out, out of the goodness of my heart. I would hate to see such a stalwart conservative as yourself make an idiot of themselves, especially repeatedly, in a public forum.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #301 on: September 24, 2016, 06:08:21 am »
There's never been a more pro-life Republican on the ticket than Mike Pence,

I'll vote for life.

Trump's been in the public eye for 40 years, they've got nothing on him, he's 70 now, he's a patriot, if you talk about how dangerous people are, the last Republican president gutted the party, helped destabilize a region where Christians are persecuted.

That's all scaremongering what you are saying, they said the same about JFK, Reagan and Goldwater.
Oh cool! Does he hunt moose, too? (Oh, wait, that was someone else, nevermind)
So, if Trump drops dead, babies will have a chance? Vice President has as much power as the people who empty the trash cans (maybe less), unless the POTUS cashes in his chips.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #302 on: September 24, 2016, 06:12:16 am »
Thats whats left of your conscience looking for an escape route. Or just gas. Probably gas.
Either that or their skin is on inside out...

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #303 on: September 24, 2016, 06:15:01 am »
Horseshiite again.

We're choosing weapons and tactics that you do not approve of to fight 'the bear'.  Your weapons are known failures and probable failures in the face of a bear - but you keep insisting otherwise.

It's not in your prescribed manual of 'How To Survive In Politics' - but it's what will keep us alive with our liberty intact a hell of a lot longer than you.

Well go ahead, go face the bear with a lifelong NY Liberal Democrat and see how well that works out for you.

Don't worry, they have it all figured out.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #304 on: September 24, 2016, 06:18:12 am »
Wow, getting kind of feisty aren't you? That usually means you lost!
No, actually, it means someone hasn't quit fighting yet.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #305 on: September 24, 2016, 06:25:10 am »
Well thats probably because of the Canadian endorsement Trump just got...i mean they told us Ted wasn't American and all...so clearly Trump is under the influence of a foreign agent!
Well, look no farther than his arm...The hand that robs rocks the cradle and all that.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 06:26:00 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #306 on: September 24, 2016, 06:36:04 am »
At the convention his promise specifically applied to Scalia's seat.  Nothing about any others.  Anyway he is, as Cruz said, a pathological liar.  I do not trust him.  Furthermore, it has thus far made no difference.  We still lose the big issues.  We need an Article V Convention of States to reassert state's rights, separation of powers and limited government.

Ted just made a fool of himself.  That is all.
Actually, Cruz has gained two things. One, If Trump loses, he can't blame Cruz.
Two, Trump gave Cruz a specific list of people on his SCOTUS list. Seems like a condition, to me, and if Trump gets elected and deviates from that list, Cruz can oppose based on Trump's list and deviation from it.

There may be other behind the scenes concessions as well. This is not only not a gushing endorsement, but it bolsters Cruz's position as a power in the Senate.

In the instance Trump lied, Cruz can take him to task and the GOPe can't really say squat about it.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #307 on: September 24, 2016, 06:39:57 am »
A vote for someone is an endorsement. Period. Any disavowal is mealy-mouthed crap.
Who Cruz votes for will be known only to him and Almighty God.

Think about it. After months of being called "Lyin' Ted" maybe the aggravation got to him...

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #308 on: September 24, 2016, 06:46:17 am »
Vile insults? Nonononono, not even close. Never once did I cast dispersions on your ancestry, family relationships, eating habits, personal preferences, nor your relationships with livestock or the family pets. Not once. You have not been personally insulted.
 :nono:
If you seem to harbor some sort of cognitive disconnect, I will kindly point that out, out of the goodness of my heart. I would hate to see such a stalwart conservative as yourself make an idiot of themselves, especially repeatedly, in a public forum.

Aligncare may be the biggest hypocrite I have ever seen on a political forum.  It's almost funny.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #309 on: September 24, 2016, 06:46:25 am »
HAD!  Ted HAD a large grassroots organization.  I think he just lost it in battle with Trump.

Trump is not harness-able.  He is a pathological liar.  He holds true to nothing but his own self aggrandizement and wealth accumulation.  The rest of it is always for sale to the highest bidder (those who will adore him and line his pockets).
Trump is deeply flawed. His integrity (if you want to use that word) is likely to be low enough to enable prosecution. Everyone in DC has the dirt on everyone else, and the idea of the loss of that wealth and aggrandizement, the humiliation involved, might well make Donny far less of a maverick than he claims. He will likely do what his handlers tell him.

There is more to this than meets the eye, imho.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #310 on: September 24, 2016, 06:52:43 am »
You see, what these newbees here don't get is that Trump supporters have put up with their insults and dog-pack attacks for 15 months.

Today was only day one of payback....
Your litter box full again?

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #311 on: September 24, 2016, 06:56:45 am »
As jmyrlefuller stated TBR was already divided before you all came over...and they have always resented me for not being a Trumper....
:patriot: I, for one am thankful you are the way you are!

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #312 on: September 24, 2016, 06:58:28 am »
Maybe so. but SINCE we got here they haven't mellowed I'm sure. And we all see how often they dump on you. Which BTW, pisses a lot of us off to no end, over and above how pissed we get about the 'you support hillary!" idiocy they spew daily at us.

They arent gonna stop. they'll only get worse as Trump betrays them and adopts evermore liberal positions.
All we have to do is stay up past their bed time... :silly:

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #313 on: September 24, 2016, 07:00:54 am »
:patriot: I, for one am thankful you are the way you are!

The sTrumpet contingent doesn't realize that the Cruz decision is going to barely move the needle of support of us 9% Ultra-Conservatives who will not vote for a loud mouth NY liberal under any circumstance.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #314 on: September 24, 2016, 07:06:15 am »
That's cuz I often later delete it.  LOL.
Not me. I cut and paste into a Word file. There are some good lines and turns of phrase in there, they just aren't fit for putting on the forum. :laugh:

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #315 on: September 24, 2016, 07:07:50 am »
Newsflash is that what appeared to be the only principled politician in the country isn't even that.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #316 on: September 24, 2016, 07:14:00 am »
============================

Join your friend in Belize.  It beats a frog march to the wall.

Beachfront Property in Belize - International living
What, the Alt-right is having a Pepe convention?

C S Lewis

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #317 on: September 24, 2016, 07:24:14 am »
i;ll tell you what, You've seen my posts I;m sure talking about Trump turning on his useful idiots, but after having spent the last couple hours hitting both the hard left corners of the web and some generally center/left sites, hoooooo-boy.

i dunno if they will have to worry about it. the sheer hatred I have seen just randomly bouncing through some sites for the Alt-right is impressive. VERY few are happy about Hillary and all of them can't stand Trump but the most anger is being pointed squarely at his backers.

Palmer Luckey, the Occulus Rift 24 year old that sold it to Facebook for 2 billion just got caught cold funding alt right propaganda and fessed up and that led to quite a few fourms exploding with what they 'really' think. It's funny how real issues won't move millenials, but screw with their toys and look out!

All over Reddit the utter disgust for Alt righters is a sight to savor. They are gonna be in a whole new world you have companies already ramping up and publically stating they will 'disengage' from Luckey and Facebook software development and lots of comments about ditching any of their staff that are associated with the movement. Now granted, these are relatively small outfits but the thing is, the idea is now out in public.

The Trump idiots unleashed hell and it's spreading. There is no law to protect an employee over political association. And now you have companies refusing their business/employment.

you can guess how this is all gonna end.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #318 on: September 24, 2016, 07:31:14 am »
The sTrumpet contingent doesn't realize that the Cruz decision is going to barely move the needle of support of us 9% Ultra-Conservatives who will not vote for a loud mouth NY liberal under any circumstance.
That is the difference.

If Donny marched them out on the Brooklyn Bridge and over the side, they'd follow.

Cruz supporters aren't lemmings.

We aren't all caught up in the JV pep-rally go-team-go emotional linkage they have with "their candidate", we aren't all out there buying up OLP jerseys and hats.

We are standing on principle, one person more or less doesn't change those principles. Our beliefs don't go away, and if someone drops the flag, another will pick it up and carry it onward. This fight, for us, is over principles, not persons, and those of us who defended Cruz because we felt deeply that he had been wronged, did so on principle.
A leader who embraces those principles will rise and we will continue.

We still won't back the one who denigrates those principles, no matter how many do or do not embrace him.

It just isn't the hive mind mentality, and as a result, it is alien to them.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #319 on: September 24, 2016, 07:46:48 am »

I'm way past my bedtime.  I started to read trump's book "Hyperbole--The best book ever written" but didn't get past the title before I passed out. Woke up a little bit later from the damn pain. Sitting here debating on another pill.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #320 on: September 24, 2016, 07:52:48 am »
i;ll tell you what, You've seen my posts I;m sure talking about Trump turning on his useful idiots, but after having spent the last couple hours hitting both the hard left corners of the web and some generally center/left sites, hoooooo-boy.

i dunno if they will have to worry about it. the sheer hatred I have seen just randomly bouncing through some sites for the Alt-right is impressive. VERY few are happy about Hillary and all of them can't stand Trump but the most anger is being pointed squarely at his backers.

Palmer Luckey, the Occulus Rift 24 year old that sold it to Facebook for 2 billion just got caught cold funding alt right propaganda and fessed up and that led to quite a few fourms exploding with what they 'really' think. It's funny how real issues won't move millenials, but screw with their toys and look out!

All over Reddit the utter disgust for Alt righters is a sight to savor. They are gonna be in a whole new world you have companies already ramping up and publically stating they will 'disengage' from Luckey and Facebook software development and lots of comments about ditching any of their staff that are associated with the movement. Now granted, these are relatively small outfits but the thing is, the idea is now out in public.

The Trump idiots unleashed hell and it's spreading. There is no law to protect an employee over political association. And now you have companies refusing their business/employment.

you can guess how this is all gonna end.
Turning on the useful idiots is just what what happened elsewhere, long ago.

The model is well defined, and it worked for a time. Of course, like so many other models, which worked for a time, but failed, it must be another case of not having the right people doing it, and maybe a lack of effort on their part--all problems which can inevitably be solved (again) by the more enthusiastic application of greater purity of concept, and, of course, having the right people doing it. :facepalm:

Schadenfreude season is just beginning.  :2popcorn:

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #321 on: September 24, 2016, 07:54:56 am »
I'm way past my bedtime.  I started to read trump's book "Hyperbole--The best book ever written" but didn't get past the title before I passed out. Woke up a little bit later from the damn pain. Sitting here debating on another pill.
You might have to read that book in smaller doses...

More seriously, you have my prayers that you can get that taken care of, and that it isn't so wicked in the meantime.

C S Lewis

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #322 on: September 24, 2016, 08:02:32 am »
Turning on the useful idiots is just what what happened elsewhere, long ago.

The model is well defined, and it worked for a time. Of course, like so many other models, which worked for a time, but failed, it must be another case of not having the right people doing it, and maybe a lack of effort on their part--all problems which can inevitably be solved (again) by the more enthusiastic application of greater purity of concept, and, of course, having the right people doing it. :facepalm:

Schadenfreude season is just beginning.  :2popcorn:
Palmer Freeman Luckey
6 hrs ·

I am deeply sorry that my actions are negatively impacting the perception of Oculus and its partners.The recent news stories about me do not accurately represent my views.

Here’s more background: I contributed $10,000 to Nimble America because I thought the organization had fresh ideas on how to communicate with young voters through the use of several billboards. I am a libertarian who has publicly supported Ron Paul and Gary Johnson in the past, and I plan on voting for Gary in this election as well.

I am committed to the principles of fair play and equal treatment. I did not write the "NimbleRichMan" posts, nor did I delete the account. Reports that I am a founder or employee of Nimble America are false. I don’t have any plans to donate beyond what I have already given to Nimble America.

Still, my actions were my own and do not represent Oculus. I’m sorry for the impact my actions are having on the community.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #323 on: September 24, 2016, 08:03:01 am »
You might have to read that book in smaller doses...

More seriously, you have my prayers that you can get that taken care of, and that it isn't so wicked in the meantime.
I

It is weird. I woke up with a bad toothache. Then it moved to the next. And so on and so on. I'm supposed to get that new script next Tuesday. They send it out in three 28 day packages. If it doesn't show signs of improvement after the first course they break it off. Ok, see you tomorrow.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #324 on: September 24, 2016, 08:13:47 am »
I

It is weird. I woke up with a bad toothache. Then it moved to the next. And so on and so on. I'm supposed to get that new script next Tuesday. They send it out in three 28 day packages. If it doesn't show signs of improvement after the first course they break it off. Ok, see you tomorrow.
Good night, Fred!

C S Lewis