Author Topic: Bill Clinton admits: 'Maybe' some donated money to influence State Dept.  (Read 205 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Bill Clinton admits: 'Maybe' some donated money to influence State Dept.
By Kelly Cohen (@politicohen_) • 9/19/16 9:21 AM

Bill Clinton on Sunday acknowledged that some of the donors to the Clinton Foundation likely made those donations in order to influence foreign policy, when Hillary Clinton led the State Department.

But in a Sunday interview with NPR, Clinton insisted that the donations never influenced policy.

"Well, since we had more 300,000 donors, it would be unusual if nobody did," Clinton said when asked if some of the donors might have been trying to ingratiate themselves with the Clintons. But he added, "The names I saw in the paper, none of them surprised me and all of them could have gotten their own meeting with Hillary."

"When you've been doing this kind of work as long as we have, you know the people who are the major players," he said. "And also, some of them who call my staff, people were doing double duty back then, and I had an office of the former president when it was natural for people who had been our political allies and personal friends to call and ask for things."

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/bill-admits-maybe-some-donated-money-to-influence-state-dept./article/2602161
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34