Author Topic: Trump: Accusations of racism the 'oldest play in the Democratic playbook'  (Read 222 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
September 16, 2016, 06:55 pm
Trump: Accusations of racism the 'oldest play in the Democratic playbook'

By Harper Neidig

Donald Trump on Friday attacked Democrats for leveling accusations of racism against him, calling such claims the “oldest play in the Democratic playbook.”

Speaking at a rally in Miami, Fla., Trump said that Democrats use the word “racist” to describe their opponents when backed into a corner.

“When they’re in trouble they always pull out the racist word,” he said. “And they are in very big trouble, I have to tell you.”

“It’s the oldest play in the Democratic playbook,” Trump added. “And Americans have had enough of it. We get it. We get it.”

The remarks came hours after Trump said for the first time that President Obama was born in the U.S., walking away from a conspiracy theory that he had peddled for years and that many see as a racist attempt to delegitimize the first black president.

Trump, who has proposed banning Muslims from entering the country, also criticized the Democratic Party for attacking him and his followers as Islamophobic.

“People who warn about radical Islamic terrorism are not Islamophobes,” he said. “Everyone’s an Islamophobe. You mention something, you’re an Islamophobe. You know, they come up with words — hey, I went to Ivy League school. I did very well. They have so many new words. Islamophobe.”

Trump said that Hillary Clinton and Obama have been ineffective on national security because they refuse to use the term “radical Islamic terrorism.”

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/296430-trump-accusing-people-of-racism-is-the-oldest-play-in-the
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34