Author Topic: Here’s How Two Twitter Pranksters Convinced The World That Pepe The Frog Meme Is Just A Front For White Nationalism  (Read 2179 times)

Offline flowers

http://dailycaller.com/2016/09/14/heres-how-two-twitter-pranksters-convinced-the-world-that-pepe-the-frog-meme-is-just-a-front-for-white-nationalism/

Pepe the green frog meme’s unmitigated rise into pop culture comes amid hysteria that the internet cartoon is little more than a stand-in for white nationalism. But it turns out the original story that prompted the panic is more or less a complete troll job.

The Daily Beast’s Olivia Nuzzi wrote a piece in May striving to describe and trace the genesis of Pepe in the alt-right scene, a nascent, illiberal political movement focused on preserving white identity and Western civilization. In the process, Nuzzi just ended

Offline unknown

Ya, and Hillary and the #NeverTrump, gullible and emotional as they are, fell for it, hook, line, and sinker!!

88finger point

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline endicom

Ya, and Hillary and the #NeverTrump, gullible and emotional as they are, fell for it, hook, line, and sinker!!

88finger point

Do you know what you've done? Do a quote reply to your post and note the 'eight-eightfinger point.'

You have your own Pepe. This could be the start of a new meme.

Offline unknown

Do you know what you've done? Do a quote reply to your post and note the 'eight-eightfinger point.'

You have your own Pepe. This could be the start of a new meme.

Well, I do say this is the ..

BEST ELECTION YEAR - EVER!!

I gotta find a meme for that.

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline Longmire

Offline LMAO

I must be seriously out of the loop.

Who would of thought a frog would be a symbol for white nationalism?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I must be seriously out of the loop.

Who would of thought a frog would be a symbol for white nationalism?

The neo nazi scumbags have been using it for a few years. The writer is either a liar or a moron.

You can understand why the Trump crowd is desperately trying to pretend they don't exist. It takes courage to stand up to nazis.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 11:36:58 pm by Cripplecreek »

Offline Longmire

The neo nazi scumbags have been using it for a few years.

You mean the same folks that burn crosses?  :pondering:

Offline Longmire

Next up...is this emoji a secret Nazi?  888high58888

@cuky
@Once-Ler
@Oceander

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
It's silliness. Some guy created it as a silly little joke meme. Then when it got popular, some of the hipsters who saw it early in its creation deliberately tried to destroy it so they created the white supremacist stuff.

And it appears Team Clinton fell for it hook, line and sinker.

Yet some people here still blame us.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline endicom

@cuky
@Once-Ler
@Oceander

There is a whole bunch of 8s in there. The 5 must be just Pepe Youth.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

@cuky
@Once-Ler
@Oceander

Nothing secret about it Longmire.  I recognized you long before Pepe hit the forum...I'm just surprised your willing to pretend you think mongrels are your equal...It must leave a bitter taste to deny your superior heritage...just like us common race traitors.  Odin will not be pleased.

HonestJohn

The neo nazi scumbags have been using it for a few years. The writer is either a liar or a moron.

You can understand why the Trump crowd is desperately trying to pretend they don't exist. It takes courage to stand up to nazis.

It looks like the original story was the truth...

... and this is the cover-up attempt once the 'alt-right' started to face the consequences of their actions.