Author Topic: Trump calls Flint pastor ‘a nervous mess,’ accuses her of planning to interrupt him  (Read 854 times)

Offline sinkspur

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/09/15/trump-calls-flint-pastor-a-nervous-mess-accuses-her-of-planning-to-interrupt-him/?postshare=5561473948379421&tid=ss_tw

Trump calls Flint pastor ‘a nervous mess,’ accuses her of planning to interrupt him

By Jenna Johnson and Sean Sullivan September 15 at 9:46 AM

Donald Trump said Thursday that the pastor who interrupted him during a speech in Flint, Mich., the previous day planned to interrupt him no matter what he said and that he knew "something was up" when he took the stage.

The GOP presidential nominee made a quick visit Wednesday to Flint, where a drinking-water crisis has gained national attention and raised questions about management of the city. During a speech before a rather hostile audience at Bethel Methodist Church, Trump criticized Democratic rival Hillary Clinton’s “failed” policies — and the Rev. Faith Green Timmons cut him off.

“Mr. Trump, I invited you here to thank us for what we’ve done in Flint. Not to give a political speech,” she said.

Trump agreed, saying, “Okay. That’s good. I’m going to go back into Flint.”

"Something was up because I noticed she was so nervous when she introduced me," Trump said on Fox News on Thursday morning. "And she called NBC, ABC ... When she got up to introduce me she was so nervous, she was shaking, and I said: 'Wow, this is sort of strange.' And then she came up. So she had that in mind, there's no question about it."

He continued: "She was so nervous. She was like a nervous mess, and so I figured something was up."
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 02:39:33 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Donald do love the black folk.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
I gonna take a wild guess and suggest that that pastor never corrected a liberal who took the podium in her church. If my assumption is true, then she was tacky to do that to Trump. Even if she wanted to correct him, she should have pulled him away from the podium and privately expressed her disapproval. Remember that I'm a NeverTrumper, but that doesn't keep me from assessing an unfair situation when I see one.

That said, I'll say that Trump never fails to take the low road when taking the high road would give him a more statesman-like demeanor. What difference does it make that the pastor was a nervous mess? I thought he handled the situation fine when it happened. Why not just move on without reaching back to take a verbal swipe at her? WHY CAN THIS MAN NOT BE PRESIDENTIAL???????

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Half Vast Conspiracy

I gonna take a wild guess and suggest that that pastor never corrected a liberal who took the podium in her church.

@AllThatJazzZ

Wrong, she just corrected Liberal Donnie "Daycare" Trump.

Offline Night Hides Not

No matter the party, I wish more pastors did more to separate themselves from politics. If Hillary were to win, this church's nonprofit would be in jeopardy.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline NavyCanDo

This was a Church of the Christian Left going in. Trump should have known that and adjusted what he was going to say accordingly. I don't believe that she was going to interrupt him regardless, but if she did while he was thanking them for humanitarian efforts, she would be the one doing the explaining.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
This was a Church of the Christian Left going in. Trump should have known that and adjusted what he was going to say accordingly. I don't believe that she was going to interrupt him regardless, but if she did while he was thanking them for humanitarian efforts, she would be the one doing the explaining.

She interrupted him when he was off on a wild rant about Hillary.  She was perfectly calm and at all confrontive.  Trump had clearly flown way off topic.

Yes, she is probably a Hillary lover and yes, Trump handled the interruption okay at the time.

But, why, why, why ... does the old phony go off on her with his twitter finger (or thumb)??

He simply cannot resist doing that kind of stuff.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Trump just needs to learn to walk away from these pointless arguments.