Author Topic: Kaine predicts Catholic church will change its teaching on gay marriage  (Read 679 times)

Offline unknown

Kaine predicts Catholic church will change its teaching on gay marriage

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/09/10/kaine-predicts-catholic-church-will-change-its-teaching-on-gay-marriage/

John Wagner
September 10

Democratic vice-presidential nominee Tim Kaine, a practicing Catholic, on Saturday described his evolution on same-sex marriage and predicted that his church would change its views as well.

“My full, complete, unconditional support for marriage equality is at odds with the current doctrine of the church that I still attend,” Kaine said at a dinner celebrating gay rights. “But I think that’s going to change, too.”

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

Re: Kaine predicts Catholic church will change its teaching on gay marriage
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 04:59:01 pm »

Hillary has said that she would use full force of government to force Christians to violate their faith, or be put in jail.

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 10:34:36 pm »
Hillary has said that she would use full force of government to force Christians to violate their faith, or be put in jail.

And Trump HAS ALREADY used the full force of Govt to try stealing peoples property. Defending your property from that theft would get you in the same jail.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 10:42:32 pm »
I guarantee this will never happen in the Orthodox Church.  Other Christian churches may go with what's trendy or popular, but the Orthodox Church will never do so.  They'll have to jail us, because we will never submit.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 10:49:22 pm »
The Catholic Church will never recognize sacramental marriage between two people of the same sex. Ever.  There is no theological or doctrinal basis for doing so.

However, the number of Catholics who are seeking sacramental marriage is at record lows, and those who want same sex marriage aren't likely to seek or pressure the Church to recognize it anyway.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline bilo

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2016, 11:04:41 pm »
The Catholic Church will never recognize sacramental marriage between two people of the same sex. Ever.  There is no theological or doctrinal basis for doing so.

However, the number of Catholics who are seeking sacramental marriage is at record lows, and those who want same sex marriage aren't likely to seek or pressure the Church to recognize it anyway.

Even if the Roman Catholic Church did recognize homosexual marriage it wouldn't make it right.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2016, 11:16:10 pm »
Even if the Roman Catholic Church did recognize homosexual marriage it wouldn't make it right.

The Catholic Church won't. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2016, 11:16:36 pm »
Those who are willing to sue private businesses for declining to serve them on the basis of their own faith will eventually decide to sue the churches for doing the same. It is only a matter of time.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024