Author Topic: Alt-Right Leaders: We Aren’t Racist, We Just Hate Jews  (Read 54952 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Alt-Right Leaders: We Aren’t Racist, We Just Hate Jews
« Reply #425 on: September 15, 2016, 11:04:20 pm »
Well said!

Thank you, @Smokin Joe

I've seen it happen with many people.  A nun raps their knuckles too many times as a kid, or a Baptist preacher doesn't live up to his faith, and they grow to hate Christianity as a whole rather than understanding the sinful nature of Christians who don't live up to their calling to be like Christ.

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #426 on: September 15, 2016, 11:19:04 pm »
Thank you, @Smokin Joe

I've seen it happen with many people.  A nun raps their knuckles too many times as a kid, or a Baptist preacher doesn't live up to his faith, and they grow to hate Christianity as a whole rather than understanding the sinful nature of Christians who don't live up to their calling to be like Christ.
Or the preacher who, holier than all about them, is screwing around on his wife and ripping off his flock...

Yep, I have seen that, too. And there is doubtless worse.

We were warned there would be human failings, and to me that's all the more reason to be humble--so I don't embarrass Him, not so much me, if I fail. I just see all those rules that were handed down to us as really instructions for living more happily, with yourself, with others, with a community, for health, wealth and prosperity, and for love and family.

What benevolent deity would not give such advice or instructions? Being a parent was an eye opener into the love God has for us, sometimes it seems harsh, but even that is done out of love, to teach a lesson to our children, but to teach us about forgiveness, and what really has meaning and importance, too.

I had a NDE/OOBE when I had pneumonia. I don't need proof, I saw Jesus, and He sent me back. I know He is there, it wasn't my time. Some day it will be, and I'll be back. I just hope I will have lived up to His expectations when I get there.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #427 on: September 15, 2016, 11:23:35 pm »
Exactly.  The colonies had religions (RI Baptist, MD Catholic) but when the country was founded there was a deliberate decision to NOT have a State religion (for the country).

My own grandparents came to America from Sweden because in Sweden, the Lutheran Church was the State Church, and they were Baptist.   They came here for freedom.

The idea that any of us arguing for the Judeo-Christian perspective of the Founders is also arguing for a state religion is ludicrous.  An utterly false argument.
Maryland was founded by Catholics, but on the basis of freedom of religion, so Protestants were allowed in, too. One of my ancestors owned a Jesuit Priest during the Protestant Reformation there (ca 1732), the Priest sold himself into slavery, becoming property of the Manor Lord and untouchable under English Law. The roving bands who would have hanged the Priest had to relent, and when things settled down the Priest purchased his freedom back.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #428 on: September 15, 2016, 11:25:11 pm »
Some states originally had a "state religion" such as Maryland. But the country was founded on the government not answering to a religion entity. There was to be freedom of religion and freedom from religion. But freedom from religion did not include people suppressing religious speech. It just meant religion had no ability to control you. The State held that ability.  There could be no Sharia Law.
Correct, except that while Maryland was colonized by Catholics, it maintained that it wasfor freedom of religion, and let others in as well.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 11:26:16 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #429 on: September 16, 2016, 12:07:20 am »
Or the preacher who, holier than all about them, is screwing around on his wife and ripping off his flock...

Yep, I have seen that, too. And there is doubtless worse.

We were warned there would be human failings, and to me that's all the more reason to be humble--so I don't embarrass Him, not so much me, if I fail. I just see all those rules that were handed down to us as really instructions for living more happily, with yourself, with others, with a community, for health, wealth and prosperity, and for love and family.

What benevolent deity would not give such advice or instructions? Being a parent was an eye opener into the love God has for us, sometimes it seems harsh, but even that is done out of love, to teach a lesson to our children, but to teach us about forgiveness, and what really has meaning and importance, too.

I had a NDE/OOBE when I had pneumonia. I don't need proof, I saw Jesus, and He sent me back. I know He is there, it wasn't my time. Some day it will be, and I'll be back. I just hope I will have lived up to His expectations when I get there.

Great post @Smokin Joe .

The one thing of which we can be certain is that when we go to be with Jesus, we will no longer be sinful.  What a glorious day that will be!  (And what an awesome experience you had!)

You are so right about the need to be humble because we are fallen creatures.  There, but for the grace of God, go you and I...

I think that some people (both children and adults) just don't like instruction.  They mistakenly think that 'rules' limit their freedom, when the reality is that what they think of as "freedom" is actually a form of slavery.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #430 on: September 16, 2016, 12:11:23 am »
I always start catching up on these long threads by starting with the latest comment.  Therefore I end up missing some content in between my last visit and the current one.   There is no list like at FR where I can be sure to not miss anything someone said to me directly...and following other people's conversations is even harder.  For me anyway.  Perhaps there are tricks of which I am unaware.

Thank you, Smokin Joe, for posting that great comment by @musiclady.  Love it!

So true.  And sadly, liberal so-called Christians try to win them back with compromise and blame shifting.  Those who failed them were wrong.  But then Christians do not claim to be sinless perfections.  Just the opposite.  It doesn't excuse it.  But neither should it be made the center of our Universe.  Too often the complainers have a whole lot of guilt of their own.  It is always easier and more fun to focus on the sins of others.  Christ offers forgiveness and hope for freedom from ones own sins.  Other people's sins are not the point.  Because others sin does not excuse me or you or anyone else.  Wouldn't it be handy if finding fault in others were the path to self justification.  How easy that would be.

No human being's sin should keep us from the love of Christ.

Any of us who have lived a while know that people let us down........ they don't treat us well.  But to hold the sins of humans against the perfect, stainless Lamb of God is folly.

I do think that (as I alluded to above) many mistakenly think of Christianity as limiting their freedom, so don't want to get near it.  In reality it is freeing them from their own limitations and moving them into the impossible-for-humans-but-possible-with-God realm, and that is exhilarating.

@RAT Patrol
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 12:11:51 am by musiclady »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #431 on: September 16, 2016, 02:07:37 am »

The rest is your choice.   I choose Life.

When you die,it's game over. All you will face is The Great Nothingness because you will be dead forever.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #432 on: September 16, 2016, 02:10:15 am »
sneaky can believe he is a woman if he wants to.  He can believe he is a man but that his plumbing is woman in the sense that he mates with other men.  He can believe that a human child in her mother's woman is not really a person.  He can believe that old people have no more value to the world and should be killed or at least denied health care.  Same for disabled people or whomever.  He can believe that some races are superior to other races because there is no Creator God to say otherwise.  He can believe that experimentation on the weak or unwanted as was done by Nazi Germany is a good thing overall because the information will benefit the strong and favored classes.    He can believe any number of things that two semi-working eyes and half a brain can prove false.    Without the "laws of nature and nature's God," one idea is just as good as the other.  We should all be ruled by survival of the fittest.  Only the strong survive and have value.  Killing the weak, deformed, and undesirables is just as good a value as any other.  It's probably the most natural thing if you take God out of the equation.

@RAT Patrol

Desperation is never pretty,and now you are even desperate enough to accuse me of being a homosexual or a tranny. Which is really ironic coming from someone who worships a man that only hung out with other men and told people they would burn in hell fire forever if they had sex with women. Hell,according to your owner's manual,he even told men to "Love your fellow man!".

Your Cult Leader must be SOOOO proud!

« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 02:12:11 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DB

« Reply #433 on: September 16, 2016, 03:32:12 am »
When you die,it's game over. All you will face is The Great Nothingness because you will be dead forever.

You simply can't know that. None of us can. To state it as fact does harm to your credibility.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #434 on: September 16, 2016, 03:49:36 am »
That wasn't my experience, I was told to go back, it wasn't my time.

Now if you decide to blow that off as stray firing neurons, dopamine transmission, whatever, fine, that is up to you. I saw Jesus and He sent me back. I reckon He's not done with me yet.

YMMV.

C S Lewis

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #435 on: September 16, 2016, 06:55:49 am »
Desperation is never pretty,and now you are even desperate enough to accuse me of being a homosexual or a tranny. Which is really ironic coming from someone who worships a man that only hung out with other men and told people they would burn in hell fire forever if they had sex with women. Hell,according to your owner's manual,he even told men to "Love your fellow man!".

Your Cult Leader must be SOOOO proud!

You do realize that you're overreacting to the concept of a Divine Being, don't you. Your posts grow more tortured and snarly as your argument progresses. Ever wonder why that hatred is so visceral? Do you get as worked up about other things you disagree with others about or just the concept of the Christian God?

It's interesting to watch. I would suggest that your anger is unnatural, except that I believe it's actually supernatural. There is a battle being waged for your eternal soul, and it's causing quite a commotion. I do believe we've hit a nerve, folks.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #436 on: September 16, 2016, 12:43:56 pm »

How curious that you state that as if you know it to be true.

Arrogance isn't a great idea, @sneakypete.   Especially when one is ignorant.

(You're very much like a Trump supporter arguing about the Constitution.  They know nothing, but proclaim to know all.  Just like you're doing right now.  They fail.  You fail).

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #437 on: September 16, 2016, 12:58:43 pm »
Historically America is unique especially from the European countries at the time of our founding in not having a state established religion/denomination.

And thanks to the Framers for doing that via the 1st Amendment.

Sadly, Liberals have taken the Establishment Clause and totally twisted it into something it was never intended to mean.

It was put in there to prevent another Church of England scenario where the head of state was also the head of the church.

It was NOT put in there to prevent a nativity scene from being displayed on the front lawn of city hall or to stop a prayer from being said prior to the start of a HS football game.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Longmire

« Reply #438 on: September 16, 2016, 01:13:47 pm »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #439 on: September 16, 2016, 01:18:01 pm »

From the guy who really wants to shut down my industry. Yeah, right.

C S Lewis

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #440 on: September 16, 2016, 01:20:30 pm »
We would not recognize "freedom of religion" from the days of the founders. We would refer to it as a theocracy. There were tons of laws on the books about adhering to religious practice in social life. Criticism of the favored faith would be considered "Hate" under today's vernacular. Outright expressions of atheism were suppressed in many areas. It would not be uncommon for people to refer to their religion rather distantly, as if they really didn't know why they were Christian. It was a corporate faith. People simply followed the faith of their ancestors. The idea of a truly personal faith became more popular in modern times.
I was a member of the church that was formed in 1786 and many of the family names from the 1700's were still attached to the church. We elected deacons with those names and I never even saw them in church.
Ironically, when I was an atheist, I found myself frequently explaining to Christians how Salvation works. They had a warped view of the nature of repentance. They were convinced that mouthing a few words would act like a magic spell to get someone into Heaven. They seemed to view the concept of "a sinner's broken and contrite heart" as a hindrance to their success as a Soul Winner.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Longmire

« Reply #441 on: September 16, 2016, 01:28:50 pm »
From the guy who really wants to shut down my industry. Yeah, right.

Drug trafficker?

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #442 on: September 16, 2016, 01:31:54 pm »
Drug trafficker?
Only if you consider America addicted to oil. Trump is against fraccing, and that is how we are producing the oil we are now. Go back to the 1930s for completion techniques and not only will the country be at the mercy of foreign suppliers, your fuel is going to be a lot more expensive.

C S Lewis

Offline aligncare

« Reply #443 on: September 16, 2016, 01:31:58 pm »
Drug trafficker?

:silly: now, you stop that. (good joke though). It was a joke wasn't it?

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #444 on: September 16, 2016, 01:33:21 pm »
:silly: now, you stop that. (good joke though). It was a joke wasn't it?
Ayup, either that or malicious slander. I'm assuming a joke.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #445 on: September 16, 2016, 01:37:11 pm »
Drug trafficker?

@Longmire, that was really uncalled for and just wrong.  If you are that contemptuous of the people posting here, why are you here?

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #446 on: September 16, 2016, 01:56:14 pm »
You missed the point.  YOUR faith is great.  You keep dissing faith while holding onto your own with an iron grip.

It takes great faith to believe in nothing beyond yourself.  It takes great faith to believe the world came from nothing, and that there is no "Nature's God."  You must work on it daily to be so resolved and strong in that faith.

My surmisal, based on your method of argumentation, is that you are both hurt and angry.

I would recommend that you go back to Scripture and take a fresh look without the resentment.

Start with the Gospel of John........ or even with John's epistles.

It might soothe your savage breast.  (Especially if you put on some lovely Classical music, like Brahms' Requiem while you read!  ^-^)

@musiclady @sneakypete

In my opinion it takes more faith to believe there is no God then to accept that he exists and is our creator.

I also believe its the height of fallacy to believe that the only things that exist in the universe are those things we humans can comprehend.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #447 on: September 16, 2016, 01:57:32 pm »
@Longmire, that was really uncalled for and just wrong.  If you are that contemptuous of the people posting here, why are you here?

@Sanguine @Longmire

I think its because he gets paid to be here.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #448 on: September 16, 2016, 02:10:11 pm »
Only if you consider America addicted to oil. Trump is against fraccing, and that is how we are producing the oil we are now. Go back to the 1930s for completion techniques and not only will the country be at the mercy of foreign suppliers, your fuel is going to be a lot more expensive.

Exactly.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Longmire

« Reply #449 on: September 16, 2016, 02:20:37 pm »
Trump is against fraccing, and that is how we are producing the oil we are now.

@Smokin Joe

Trump wants the United States to become energy independent.

Trump would back off many of the punitive regulations that are holding back the domestic energy industry production.

One of Trump's biggest supporters is the CEO of Continental Resources, Harold Hamm who many consider to be the next Energy Secretary.

More work needs to be done to study the effects of fracking, and accommodations will have to be made with local municipalities and tribes, but to suggest that Trump wants top 'shut down' the oil industry while that takes place is an outright falsehood.