Author Topic: Alt-Right Leaders: We Aren’t Racist, We Just Hate Jews  (Read 55003 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Alt-Right Leaders: We Aren’t Racist, We Just Hate Jews
« Reply #200 on: September 13, 2016, 02:07:29 pm »
I think he will have to distance himself, eventually.
I don't think our friends in the left leaning (to be kind) media will let this go anytime soon.
Throughout this thread, I am reminded of how the supporters of Trump howled at TOS that Ted Cruz, who said of Liz Mair's Make America Awesome PAC ad "That's not one of ours." was repeatedly berated for not "disavowing" the ad forcefully enough (when it was pointed out that he had, in fact, disavowed the ad by saying "That's not one of ours.").
Despite Cruz's statement they had cartwheeling sh*tfits over him 'not disavowing' the ad, justifying the attacks Trump made on Heidi.

Now, Trump is faced with support from a group which is a situation far worse than someone running a stock photo of Mrs. Trump, and all you hear from that camp are crickets chirping.

I don't expect any semblance of proportion in this nor any other instance of Trump doing whatever he wants to do, and that is an indicator of someone (and supporters) entirely willing to bend rules and standards for their own benefit.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #201 on: September 13, 2016, 02:14:16 pm »
In 2012; Biden said about Romney's supposed friends on Wall Street:

"We're going to put you back in chains", most people have heard this but may not know the context.

This is really just more race baiting from the left. Fellows like this Richard Spencer are out on the fringe, not even a meaningful constituency.

So, why wasn't the "NY Liberal" ever accused of these things until this year?

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #202 on: September 13, 2016, 02:18:07 pm »
Throughout this thread, I am reminded of how the supporters of Trump howled at TOS that Ted Cruz, who said of Liz Mair's Make America Awesome PAC ad "That's not one of ours." was repeatedly berated for not "disavowing" the ad forcefully enough (when it was pointed out that he had, in fact, disavowed the ad by saying "That's not one of ours.").
Despite Cruz's statement they had cartwheeling sh*tfits over him 'not disavowing' the ad, justifying the attacks Trump made on Heidi.

Now, Trump is faced with support from a group which is a situation far worse than someone running a stock photo of Mrs. Trump, and all you hear from that camp are crickets chirping.

I don't expect any semblance of proportion in this nor any other instance of Trump doing whatever he wants to do, and that is an indicator of someone (and supporters) entirely willing to bend rules and standards for their own benefit.

They've done it again and again. I remember at TOS when the gay NY hotel owners held a fundraiser for Cruz they threw fits about Cruz "pandering" to gays. By the time winter rolled around they had shifted from Ted Cruz panders to gays to Ted Cruz wants to kill gays.

The ethanol issue is just another example of their complete abandonment of principle to remain in line with Trump.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #203 on: September 13, 2016, 02:20:11 pm »

"We're going to put you back in chains", most people have heard this but may not know the context.

This is really just more race baiting from the left. Fellows like this Richard Spencer are out on the fringe, not even a meaningful constituency.

Because Hillary Clinton, the DNC, and #NeverTrump share an intense dislike for Donald Trump - Republican nominee.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #204 on: September 13, 2016, 02:23:13 pm »
Because Hillary Clinton, the DNC, and #NeverTrump share an intense dislike for Donald Trump - Republican nominee.

Ya never miss an opportunity to insult Conservatives who won't support the liberal Trump do ya.   Nor a chance to equate them with Hillary.

It must be in your script.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #205 on: September 13, 2016, 02:26:26 pm »
Ted Cruz went on stage and spoke to a group of antisemites knowing full well that they would be enraged before he was done. He ended his speech to boos with "If you won't stand with Israel, I won't stand with you".

And who booed Ted Cruz? Christians did.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2014/09/ted-cruz-booed-off-stage-at-middle-east-christians-group/

Israel has abortion and recognizes same-sex marriage.  This alone is enough to at least wonder if this is the same Israel spoken about in the Bible. We can be supportive of them but shouldn't go overboard.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 02:27:30 pm by TomSea »

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #206 on: September 13, 2016, 02:32:09 pm »
And who booed Ted Cruz? Christians did.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2014/09/ted-cruz-booed-off-stage-at-middle-east-christians-group/

Israel has abortion and recognizes same-sex marriage.  This alone is enough to at least wonder if this is the same Israel spoken about in the Bible. We can be supportive of them but shouldn't go overboard.

The same Israel spoken of in the Bible eh???    Now you're a biblical scholar.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #207 on: September 13, 2016, 02:35:59 pm »
Ya never miss an opportunity to insult Conservatives who won't support the liberal Trump do ya.   Nor a chance to equate them with Hillary.

It must be in your script.
One trick pony.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

« Reply #208 on: September 13, 2016, 02:37:00 pm »
So, without the customary insults, what are you saying?

That a pro-abortion country like Israel is a Biblical country? That G-d approves abortion?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 02:45:18 pm by TomSea »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #209 on: September 13, 2016, 02:40:10 pm »

Because he was just a reality star/real estate something, and now he is running for President of the most powerful nation in the world?

Offline TomSea

« Reply #210 on: September 13, 2016, 02:40:23 pm »
Iraq war, the persecution and indeed genocide of Christians started during the Iraq war, the same war where Paul Wolfowitz is one of the most influential advisors, where the likes of Krauthammer, Shapiro, Jonah Goldberg and the rest of the Neo-Cons cheered on this war, a war that President Bush, the "Texas Conservative" may well not have gotten into.

Oh, yeah, the Texas Conservative who wanted amnesty and left the borders open.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 02:44:46 pm by TomSea »

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #211 on: September 13, 2016, 02:45:19 pm »

Those Christians were primarily middle eastern Christians who have a strong tendency for antisemitism simply due to the fact that they are from a world where all are antisemites. Brigitte Gabriell speaks of growing up in Lebanon and hating the Jews till they saved her family.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ted-cruz-walks-out-of-christian-event-after-being-booed/

Offline TomSea

« Reply #212 on: September 13, 2016, 02:54:19 pm »
Those Christians were primarily middle eastern Christians who have a strong tendency for antisemitism simply due to the fact that they are from a world where all are antisemites. Brigitte Gabriell speaks of growing up in Lebanon and hating the Jews till they saved her family.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ted-cruz-walks-out-of-christian-event-after-being-booed/

So, now Middle Eastern Christians, why not all Christians?

By the way, those Christians are or almost always are Semites as Palestinians ARE Semites.

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/History/Assyrians.html
The Assyrians were Semitic people living in the northern reaches of Mesopotamia; they have a long history in the area, but for most of that history they are subjugated to the more powerful kingdoms and peoples to the south.

Any other groups of people were going to trash?

Offline Longmire

« Reply #213 on: September 13, 2016, 02:57:29 pm »
I myself was once "Anti Israel" and didn't believe I was an antisemite. Fortunately enough years passed with the weight of fact becoming overwhelming and I was forced to take a long hard look and accept the fact that I was an antisemite. That's when I was able to make the change.

Today I can disagree with individual Jews on specific issues and with specific policies of Israel but disagreement and resistance are no longer my default positions.

@Cripplecreek

Probably the most interesting thing I've read here today...although I think you're being too hard on yourself if your prior "anti-semitsm" was confined to taking political/philosophical positions.

I've actually 'evolved' in the opposite direction. Having grown up in an atmosphere of actively defending Jews from discrimination and supporting nascent Israel, I'm now much more willing to be critical of both.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #214 on: September 13, 2016, 02:59:14 pm »
Even if there is an "alt-right", if it is an "inclusive definition", I don't see the Alex Jones types as being racist and that is part of the problem in trying to label a whole group as being racists and the other adjectives that in fact, Clinton made in her "deplorable" statement.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #215 on: September 13, 2016, 03:04:19 pm »
@Cripplecreek

I've actually 'evolved' in the opposite direction. Having grown up in an atmosphere of actively defending Jews from discrimination and supporting nascent Israel, I'm now much more willing to be critical of both.

You post as if your "evolution" is a good thing.

I find it funny that two ardent Trumpkins are bending over to defend the alt-rights on this thread.

Telling.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #216 on: September 13, 2016, 03:07:11 pm »
Iraq war, the persecution and indeed genocide of Christians started during the Iraq war, the same war where Paul Wolfowitz is one of the most influential advisors, where the likes of Krauthammer, Shapiro, Jonah Goldberg and the rest of the Neo-Cons cheered on this war, a war that President Bush, the "Texas Conservative" may well not have gotten into.

Oh, yeah, the Texas Conservative who wanted amnesty and left the borders open.
Persecution and genocide of Christians is nothing new to the region. Ask the million plus Armenians the Turks marched to death.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #217 on: September 13, 2016, 03:08:38 pm »

I find it funny that two ardent Trumpkins are bending over to defend the alt-rights on this thread.

Telling.

Funny how it works innit?

The alt right doesn't exist but antisemitism is fine and if all else fails try to distract with word games about the technically correct meaning of the word antisemitism.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #218 on: September 13, 2016, 03:09:55 pm »

Telling.
This is not even a reasoned debate, Jewish talk show host Michael Medved says foreign aid shouldn't go to Israel or any other countries.

So, here we have in this statement above which is more hate mongering per many statements that do not pretend to be anything more than that.

If it wasn't this, it would be something else, to dig at Trump or any of his supporters.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #219 on: September 13, 2016, 03:10:43 pm »
@Cripplecreek

Probably the most interesting thing I've read here today...although I think you're being too hard on yourself if your prior "anti-semitsm" was confined to taking political/philosophical positions.

If you discard the tendency to label people, and take them on a person by person basis, you will find good and evil in every group, and to some degree that will be determined by their interests and your own. Painting with a broad brush, no matter which way, isn't very good policy.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

« Reply #220 on: September 13, 2016, 03:12:43 pm »
Funny how it works innit?

The alt right doesn't exist but antisemitism is fine and if all else fails try to distract with word games about the technically correct meaning of the word antisemitism.

No games, Sirhan Sirhan was a Palestinian Christian, a Maronite, he had hate in his heart apparently, yet, to blanket all Middle Eastern Christians as being "anti-semitic" because of what the Lebanese woman Brigitte Gabriel says, doesn't seem to be fair.

We don't know who Ted Cruz was talking to demographically, to just describe the group as anti-Semitic.

Funny how it works, innit?

Offline TomSea

« Reply #221 on: September 13, 2016, 03:15:27 pm »
Again, adding in, seeing how Bush was urged on by Neo-Cons such as Wolfowitz and writers like Shapiro, Goldberg and Krauthammer to invade Iraq which set off sectarianism in the region, perhaps we are seeing anti-Christian-ism here as far as I'm concerned.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #222 on: September 13, 2016, 03:17:48 pm »
@Sanguine

Ok,so why are you willing to allow a tiny minority to control our language and definitions for their own benefit? EVERY time you try to slap down a left-wing Jew over some nonsense he is babbling or their hypocrisy,they start screaming "Anti-Semetic" to shut you down. WHY do you want to allow them to get away with this?
Sorry, Pete. You are the tiny majority trying to change the meaning of the word. It has meant what we think it to mean since 1879; it has not been changed by the modern liberal and it has never been used to mean what you claim.
Pre-plan should mean the planning before the planning. It doesn't; that doesn't mean liberals changed the meaning.

Anti-Semitism, hostility toward or discrimination against Jews as a religious or racial group. The term anti-Semitism was coined in 1879 by the German agitator Wilhelm Marr to designate the anti-Jewish campaigns under way in central Europe at that time.
https://www.britannica.com/topic/anti-Semitism

Unless you have any evidence that the word has ever been used to mean what you claim you are spitting in the wind here.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #223 on: September 13, 2016, 03:20:35 pm »
Again, adding in, seeing how Bush was urged on by Neo-Cons such as Wolfowitz and writers like Shapiro, Goldberg and Krauthammer to invade Iraq which set off sectarianism in the region, perhaps we are seeing anti-Christian-ism here as far as I'm concerned.

And, like clockwork, the only "Neo-cons" you name are Jewish.   And you seem to be accusing those Jews of being anti-Christian.

Stop digging.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #224 on: September 13, 2016, 03:24:57 pm »
And, like clockwork, the only "Neo-cons" you name are Jewish.   And you seem to be accusing those Jews of being anti-Christian.

Stop digging.

Ah............ so now we get to the bottom of it.

Tom thinks Bush killed Christians because the Jews made him do it.

Makes perfect sense, considering the distortion of thought and absence of integrity going on with this one.......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.