Author Topic: Clinton: Half of Trump’s Supporters in ‘Basket of Deplorables’  (Read 10434 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: Clinton: Half of Trump’s Supporters in ‘Basket of Deplorables’
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2016, 09:47:49 pm »
And....is there a point you're making here?    :whistle:

Or rather, are you defending your twisted defense of Hillary?

Trump is crazy and embarrassing.  He is ignorant.   

When I know more about the makeup of the Middle East than a man who wants to lead this nation, I will not vote, support, or encourage support for that man.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2016, 09:55:54 pm »
Trump is crazy and embarrassing.  He is ignorant.   

When I know more about the makeup of the Middle East than a man who wants to lead this nation, I will not vote, support, or encourage support for that man.

Your hate for the man began last June 2015 when he announced.   His lack of intelligence on the Middle East and the players therein is a strawman.

I'll guar-freaking-tee you....he knows there are 50 States...and not 57.

You invent more and more reasons to justify your "deplorable" behavior as
Pope of the NeverTrumps.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Mod1

« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2016, 09:56:44 pm »
This thread is about Clinton's comment. Let's focus on that, not on personal attacks.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2016, 10:02:02 pm »
I am furious at this attack on musiclady calling her Muslimlady....

I will have you know that her son and my husband served honorably in Iraq at the same time...during the opening invasion and other tours there...In fact my hubby kept an eye on him when he could and passed the info on to musiclady through me.....to insult her with this term is beyond contempt and sickens me.

Thank you SO much, @mystery-ak !  I am grateful for your support.   Thank you for mentioning my son's (and your husband's) sacrifice in Iraq............ and ours as well, because we love them so much.

I would also like to mention that both your husband and my son were awarded Bronze Stars in Iraq, defending America from terrorists with bravery.  IMO, they are both heroes.

Thank Mike again for taking my little boy under his wing.  I will NEVER forget that, nor be able to thank him enough.....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2016, 10:03:02 pm »
Your hate for the man began last June 2015 when he announced.   His lack of intelligence on the Middle East and the players therein is a strawman.

I'll guar-freaking-tee you....he knows there are 50 States...and not 57.

You invent more and more reasons to justify your "deplorable" behavior as
Pope of the NeverTrumps.

And as long as there is damaging information on Trump (as I just found another article that details financial shenanigans) I will post them.

I don't invent the reasons, DC.  Trump gives #NeverTrump the reasons every time he opens his yap.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2016, 10:08:13 pm »
What the hell?  When was this poll taken?

It was on Drudge.  It has to be true.

It was a useless Internet poll Drudge promoted.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2016, 10:13:40 pm »
And as long as there is damaging information on Trump (as I just found another article that details financial shenanigans) I will post them.

I don't invent the reasons, DC.  Trump gives #NeverTrump the reasons every time he opens his yap.

No, Sink.  You DO invent them.

It's virtually unanimous...Trump won the Matt Lauer affair handily and yet you and yours had your obligatory circle-jerk thread guffawing and carrying on like the high school sophomores

You post TWEETS, for heaven's sake....and post them as 'news' in the POLITICS category.

Have you ever even dropped in to the main page in POLITICS and just READ...don't open...the thread titles at ANY GIVEN time of the day?

You've fundamentally transformed this website into an effing madhouse. 

And going back almost 20 years with Nancy and Tracy....I god-damned well know that if they knew it was going to be like this, they would have handled this differently.

Summer of 2015, I called rabid anti-Trumpers that would do what you and yours do here all day as "forum anarchists".  Despite the wailing from the weak-minded among you...I stand by that.

I stand by that charge.

Our only goal here going into the middle of September should be to rally against Hillary Clinton.

To do anything else makes your team nothing short of anarchists.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 10:25:34 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2016, 10:18:53 pm »
Unfortunately, whether he is less danger or not is debatable.

There are well reasoned people who believe he has signs of mental illness, and if he is ideologically leftist (he is), and insane, he is arguably more dangerous that she.

Either way, even in the best case scenario, this country is going to have a horrible person in the WH next January (or, shall we say, ANOTHER horrible person in the WH).

Trump has a personality disorder but that is not insanity. Hitlery has no conscience and is a pathological liar, sociopath, and has demonstrated blatant disregard for national security. It is a matter of debate who is worse- we all have our opinions.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2016, 10:20:47 pm »
LOL!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_of_American_Physicians_and_Surgeons

In other words, they're a bunch of fruitcakes.

At times @sinkspur , I think the only value we share is #NeverTrump... you are quite liberal most the time.

That conservative medical group sounded very reasonable in my opinion.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 10:24:29 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2016, 10:23:50 pm »
No, Sink.  You DO invent them.

It's virtually unanimous...Trump won the Matt Lauer affair handily and yet you and yours had your obligatory circle-jerk thread guffawing and carrying on like the high school sophomores

You post TWEETS, for heaven's sake....and post them as 'news' in the POLITICS category.

Have you ever even dropped in to the main page in POLITICS and just READ...don't open...the thread titles at ANY GIVEN time of the day?

You've fundamentally transformed this website into an effing madhouse. 

And going back almost 20 years with Nancy and Tracy....I god-damned well know that if they knew it was going to be like this, they would have handled this differently.

Summer of 2015, I called rabid anti-Trumpers that would do what you and yours do here all day as "forum anarchists".  Despite the wailing form the weak-minded among you...I stand by that.

I stand by that charge.

Our only goal here going into the middle of September should be to rally against Hillary Clinton.

To do anything else makes your team nothing short of anarchists.

Yes. Trump did win the only poll taken after the Town Hall, the Drudge poll.  A worthless poll, as you know.

Sorry you support such a lousy candidate. 

You can't give me one good reason to back Trump other than "he'll keep Hillary out of office."

That ain't enough.

As I've encouraged aligncare, find some pro-Trump articles and post them. That's what this forum is for:  debate, discussion, dialogue. 

TBR is not a cheerleading site for a particular candidate, so far as I know. 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2016, 10:26:06 pm »
At times Sink, I think the only value we share is #NeverTrump... you are quite liberal most the time.

Really?  Autism is caused by vaccines?  That's been discredited for years.

No insurance, no cooperation with Medicare or Medicaid?  Strange, to say the least.

Why do you think only one-half of one percent of all practicing physicians in the US belong to that group? It's political, that's why. 

Ron Paul is one of its most prominent members, if that tells you anything.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2016, 10:28:45 pm »
Yes. Trump did win the only poll taken after the Town Hall, the Drudge poll.  A worthless poll, as you know.

Sorry you support such a lousy candidate. 

You can't give me one good reason to back Trump other than "he'll keep Hillary out of office."

That ain't enough.

As I've encouraged aligncare, find some pro-Trump articles and post them. That's what this forum is for:  debate, discussion, dialogue. 

TBR is not a cheerleading site for a particular candidate, so far as I know.

No disrespect to you personally...but that's a load of crap.

Only you and the usual suspects in here could turn a great article about Ivanka Trump into contest on who could get lower into the gutter...ending the thread with an off-color discussion if her breasts are natural.

**nononono*    ...because she may well be the 1st female elected POTUS one day.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2016, 10:36:31 pm »
So being a conservative physician against socialized medicine is laughable. Good to know.

The response to this poll, which indicates that many reputable doctors are concerned about the seriousness of Hitlery's health problems, is illustrative of how many members here will defend her. They claim to be concerned for the integrity of the site and yet they call Trump insane and crazy. He is a narcissist but she is worse-she is pathological liar and a sociopath who has no conscience. She allowed Russia to get uranium and had a big part in destabilizing the Mideast- causing loss of American lives all the while enriching herself. Go ahead and trash Trump instead.

Anyone one with working ears and eyes and a couple of functional neurons can see there is something wrong with her.

I believe both candidates should disclose their medical records- real ones.

The name-calling on both sides here is shameful. And now I learn I have been taken off a buddy list. How can I go on?

@sinkspur @RAT Patrol @massadjv @beandog

Offline LMAO

« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2016, 10:41:35 pm »
Time will tell if this harms her but it is minor compared to her email scandal and what she did as SOS
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline musiclady

« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2016, 10:41:51 pm »

Trump has a personality disorder but that is not insanity. Hitlery has no conscience and is a pathological liar, sociopath, and has demonstrated blatant disregard for national security. It is a matter of debate who is worse- we all have our opinions.

Again, it's debatable as to whether or not Trump's personality disorder is insanity (some clearly believe that), but it is also arguable that Trump "has no conscience and is a pathological liar, sociopath."  The fact that he has not yet had opportunity to disregard our national security doesn't prove that he won't, given the authority as CinC.

No matter what, both candidates are horrible people, liars and dangerous, and without any form of morality.   And pointing out that Trump is off the charts ignorant and nasty does not in any way mean that one is supporting Hillary.

I cannot vote for either monster.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline austingirl

« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2016, 10:49:03 pm »
Again, it's debatable as to whether or not Trump's personality disorder is insanity (some clearly believe that), but it is also arguable that Trump "has no conscience and is a pathological liar, sociopath."  The fact that he has not yet had opportunity to disregard our national security doesn't prove that he won't, given the authority as CinC.

No matter what, both candidates are horrible people, liars and dangerous, and without any form of morality.   And pointing out that Trump is off the charts ignorant and nasty does not in any way mean that one is supporting Hillary.

I cannot vote for either monster.

Well you don't have to vote for either one. That is your decision.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2016, 10:52:07 pm »
Well you don't have to vote for either one. That is your decision.

I appreciate your saying that @austingirl

Because many who support Trump bludgeon people like me over the head because we are voting our consciences.

In fact, a whole convention full of Trump supporters booed Ted Cruz and hate him to this day because he told us to do what we believed best.

That's what I'm doing........... and that's why some around here despise me.

And that, of course, is their problem, and not mine.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2016, 10:53:13 pm »
He is liberal on social issues, imo.  He is not a total liberal.  What is great about sink is that he doesn't try to suppress other points of view from his own.  He will stand strong on his own beliefs, but he does not do it by trying to ban or delete others.  He is fair minded, even though at times I would define it differently.  I don't know.  There are lots of things to like about sink.  He does not seem to be at all thin skinned.  He is sometimes really funny.  Stuff like that.    But yeah, he is quite liberal on some issues.

sink and I have had some knock-down, drag-outs on social issues, but we are SO much on the same page about this Trump monster......

HonestJohn

« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2016, 10:59:10 pm »
Where is Trump's apology to the Khan family?  To Judge Curiel? 

Hillary is a normal human being.  I disagree with almost everything she stands for and will not vote for her.

Trump is nuts.  Crazy.  In addition, he is ignorant, with no intellectual curiosity about anything but himself and what other people write and say about him.  Just last night, he's threatening to blow up Iranian boats that are harrassing an American ship.  Now, that may be just bluster, but no president in my lifetime throws out nonsense like that.  It's just crazy ridiculous behavior.

We cannot afford an incompetent like Trump anywhere near our White House.  I will not vote for him either.

Threats to attack another nation's military forces are threats to declare war, as an attack on a nation's military is an internationally recognized cassi belli for war.  This is worse than Kim Jong-Eun threatening to sink our aircraft carriers, for at least North Korea and the US are still at war with each other.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2016, 11:00:57 pm »
I appreciate your saying that @austingirl

Because many who support Trump bludgeon people like me over the head because we are voting our consciences.

In fact, a whole convention full of Trump supporters booed Ted Cruz and hate him to this day because he told us to do what we believed best.

That's what I'm doing........... and that's why some around here despise me.

And that, of course, is their problem, and not mine.

I am not a Trump supporter but I may become a Trump realist when it comes down to voting. I have always been a supporter of Cruz and admire him greatly. He said to vote one's conscience and my conscience tells me to do everything to prevent Hillary from winning. It is a dilemma.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2016, 11:02:36 pm »
At times @sinkspur , I think the only value we share is #NeverTrump... you are quite liberal most the time.

Ron Paul is a member and that is good enough for me.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2016, 11:03:19 pm »
Too bad Hillary didn't double down like Donald-Little-hands does and say that actually it's 75% are deplorables.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2016, 11:05:21 pm »
Heroin coming in and killing Americans everyday, I have no problem voting for a candidate whose number one priority is securing the border and I haven't heard Trump say either "well, I thought ISIS was losing". Even if they were "losing" and I guess the case can be made they are; terrorism like that needs to be dealt with severely; ideologically, strategically and so on.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2016, 11:05:22 pm »
I am not a Trump supporter but I may become a Trump realist when it comes down to voting. I have always been a supporter of Cruz and admire him greatly. He said to vote one's conscience and my conscience tells me to do everything to prevent Hillary from winning. It is a dilemma.

And I very much respect the conclusion you've drawn.  Many others have, while still hating that we have been forced to choose between two horrible people.  You're not alone...... and again, I respect that choice while not agreeing with it.

We each have to live with ourselves, and because of who I am and where I am, for the first time since I was old enough to vote over 40 years ago and voted for Richard Nixon, I cannot in good conscience vote for the nominee of what used to be the Party I was proud to belong to.

Many life long Republicans are in the same place.  I personally find it a despicable place to be in, especially when we had men like Cruz who honored the Constitution running.

It's a dark day in America.......... and I hope I live long enough to see the light coming back out.

Offline LMAO

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy