Author Topic: The Latest: Trump would give generals 30 days for IS plan  (Read 1033 times)

Offline unknown

The Latest: Trump would give generals 30 days for IS plan
« on: September 06, 2016, 11:49:58 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-3775868/The-Latest-Michelle-Obama-preparing-campaign-Clinton.html

Associated Press
6 September 2016

If elected president, Trump says he will give his top generals a "simple" instruction: Within 30 days, come up with a plan for "soundly and quickly defeating" the Islamic State group.

Trump made the comments at a Tuesday night rally in Greenville, North Carolina.

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: The Latest: Trump would give generals 30 days for IS plan
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 02:05:29 am »
I have no problem with this approach.
Military victories call for military minds.

My only reservation is that after 8 years of obama, there has been a "cleansing" of many high-level military positions resulting in the installation of "obama-thinking" high-level officers...

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 02:14:07 am »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-3775868/The-Latest-Michelle-Obama-preparing-campaign-Clinton.html

Associated Press
6 September 2016

If elected president, Trump says he will give his top generals a "simple" instruction: Within 30 days, come up with a plan for "soundly and quickly defeating" the Islamic State group.

Trump made the comments at a Tuesday night rally in Greenville, North Carolina.

{.. snip ..}

I can agree with that.  We are the greatest Military on earth.   Obama has been gutting and keeping our Military neutered.  I believe we are quite capable of that if allowed.

Modified.

I don't know though.  "Bomb the ...... out of them".  And Trumps view about killing terrorists families.  Might be questionable.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 02:16:03 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 02:54:29 am »
The generals don't need 30 days.  They just need to submit the plans Obama rejected.

HonestJohn

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 02:58:50 am »
The generals don't need 30 days.  They just need to submit the plans Obama rejected.

And the funds to pay for any operations.

Funding that comes from Congress.

Congress that hasn't managed to properly fund jack for the last eight years.

(this isn't an attack on your post, but on Congress)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 03:58:51 am by HonestJohn »

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 03:35:26 am »
And the funds to pay for any operations.

Funding that comes from Congress.

Congress that hasn't managed to properly fund jack for the last eight years.

:amen:
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2016, 04:38:52 pm »
Don't need 30 days. If Trump wins, they can use the two months prior to Inauguration Day to revise/finalize their plans.

From a strategic standpoint, you don't let that out. ISIS will be expecting 30 days, imagine their surprise when the plan goes into effect 5 minutes after Trump is inaugurated.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2016, 04:45:47 pm »
Say what you will about Trump. But I suspect he's the kind of guy who will let the Generals do their jobs and trust their judgement.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2016, 04:55:00 pm »
Say what you will about Trump. But I suspect he's the kind of guy who will let the Generals do their jobs and trust their judgement.

I hope you're right. However, considering the turmoil at the top of his campaign organization, I harbor my doubts. Trump's ego will clash with those generals and admirals whose views he disagrees with.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2016, 04:59:17 pm »

I can agree with that.  We are the greatest Military on earth.   Obama has been gutting and keeping our Military neutered.  I believe we are quite capable of that if allowed.

Modified.

I don't know though.  "Bomb the ...... out of them".  And Trumps view about killing terrorists families.  Might be questionable.

Rhetoric has caused any future Trump policy on terrorism to be ineffective.  I have said this before and it is common sense.  When you attack a religion you are fueling the fire of terrorism.  We know that is already how extremists recruit is to say that America is the great Satan.

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-isis-candidate-analysts-2016-9

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2016, 05:32:39 pm »
Why would Trump ask the generals?  He knows more than they do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-Mjy9ETtRY
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2016, 05:53:39 pm »

Thirty days should be ample time, considering they are already supposed to have an assortment of plans, for various scenarios, objectives and contingencies.

Following 9/11/2001 GW Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld tolerated an long wait for the top military brass to respond.

(Read about it in Bob Woodward's book titled "Bush at War.")
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln