Author Topic: Bret Baier on Ailes Advising Trump: 'Not a Comfortable Thing'  (Read 429 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bret Baier on Ailes Advising Trump: 'Not a Comfortable Thing'
« on: September 06, 2016, 10:12:43 pm »

Newsmax
Tuesday, September 6, 2016 05:13 PM

By: Jason Devaney

Fox News anchor Bret Baier is not a fan of former CEO Roger Ailes advising Donald Trump's campaign and says the network is working independently of Ailes' actions.

Baier made the remarks during a wide-ranging interview with Politico.

"It's not a comfortable thing, but I'm an independent news guy and I know talking to other people in the news part of Fox that is how it has always been and we've always had the bottom up to generate news, to break stories, and so that's how we look at it, independent of whatever's happening on that front," said Baier, the host of "Special Report."

"But this guy was our boss. He let news thrive on its own but now he's doing what he's doing. And we're going to talk about that, we're not going to hide the fact that that's happening but we're going to maintain our ability to cover both campaigns fairly."

Ailes resigned as CEO of Fox News in July amid a sexual harassment scandal. Former Anchor Gretchen Carlson accused Ailes of sexual harassment and, according to reports, was paid $20 million by Fox to settle the case.

"We've always continued to have autonomy from whatever the editorial stuff was. So the news product, when I say it's not comfortable, it's just not comfortable but we are still not affected by the fact that that's happening," Baier said of Ailes' ties to Trump, the Republican presidential nominee.

"I just want to make it clear that we're independent of his choice of who to advise or who to support."

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/bret-baier-roger-ailes-advising-donald-trump/2016/09/06/id/746975/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Bret Baier on Ailes Advising Trump: 'Not a Comfortable Thing'
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 11:08:26 pm »
Newsmax
Tuesday, September 6, 2016 05:13 PM

By: Jason Devaney

Fox News anchor Bret Baier is not a fan of former CEO Roger Ailes advising Donald Trump's campaign and says the network is working independently of Ailes' actions.

Baier made the remarks during a wide-ranging interview with Politico.

"It's not a comfortable thing, but I'm an independent news guy and I know talking to other people in the news part of Fox that is how it has always been and we've always had the bottom up to generate news, to break stories, and so that's how we look at it, independent of whatever's happening on that front," said Baier, the host of "Special Report."

"But this guy was our boss. He let news thrive on its own but now he's doing what he's doing. And we're going to talk about that, we're not going to hide the fact that that's happening but we're going to maintain our ability to cover both campaigns fairly."

Ailes resigned as CEO of Fox News in July amid a sexual harassment scandal. Former Anchor Gretchen Carlson accused Ailes of sexual harassment and, according to reports, was paid $20 million by Fox to settle the case.

"We've always continued to have autonomy from whatever the editorial stuff was. So the news product, when I say it's not comfortable, it's just not comfortable but we are still not affected by the fact that that's happening," Baier said of Ailes' ties to Trump, the Republican presidential nominee.

"I just want to make it clear that we're independent of his choice of who to advise or who to support."

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/bret-baier-roger-ailes-advising-donald-trump/2016/09/06/id/746975/

Sounds like FNC is beginning to suffer from its loss of credibility during this election. Otherwise I don't think there'd be an effort to separate the "news" part from the "editorial" part. They were indistinguishable before.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 11:08:54 pm by skeeter »