Author Topic: Trump & the Hillarycons  (Read 864 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump & the Hillarycons
« on: September 06, 2016, 01:54:02 pm »
Trump & the Hillarycons

By Patrick J. Buchanan

In 1964, Phyllis Schlafly of Alton, Illinois, mother of six, wrote and published a slim volume entitled “A Choice Not an Echo.”

Backing the candidacy of Sen. Barry Goldwater, the book was a polemic against the stranglehold the eastern liberal establishment had held on the Republican nomination for decades.

Schlafly went on to lead the campaign to derail the Equal Rights Amendment, which, with 35 states having ratified, was just three states short of being added to our Constitution.

Pro-ERA forces never added another state. Phyllis, who, at 20 was testing weapons at a munitions plant in World War II, shot it dead.

At 92, the founder of Eagle Forum has a new book out, published by Regnery. “The Conservative Case for Trump,” co-authored by Ed Martin of Eagle Forum and Brett Decker, argues that the Donald is an authentic conservative around whom every conservative should rally.

Read More At: http://buchanan.org/blog/trump-the-hillarycons-125624

Eagle Forum: http://www.eagleforum.org/

geronl

Re: Trump & the Hillarycons
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 02:12:12 pm »
Trump & Hillary are both social and economic liberals.

Nothing a conservative would support.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 02:41:06 pm »
Trump & Hillary are both social and economic liberals.

Nothing a conservative would support.
In order to make the case made in the article, the reader would have to find the positions Trump has taken on Immigration and SCOTUS appointments credible. However, in view of the alteration of those positions over time, it is difficult at best to make the fundamental assumption that the initial positions were stated with veracity. In the absence of that trust, in the face of vacillation that should register on the Richter Scale, the rest of the argument is weak at best, it crumbles at worst.

Add in conduct during the primary campaign, where honesty was an early casualty to ambition, and statements of policy made during the same campaign, and I can't support the man.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline unknown

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 05:12:35 pm »

Trump believes Antonin Scalia is the gold standard for Supreme Court justices and federal judges, and that among the indispensable cures for decrepit and failing public schools is competition from private, religious and charter schools.

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 05:28:46 pm »

He said that, and then he had a list, including "pro-choice" prospective justices, and then he said he might not go by the list. No credibility there.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 05:37:00 pm »
He said that........

And there is the rub.. Trump say a lot of things. Saying and doing are two different things. He has shown through his entire career that he'll say anything to 'close the deal', even if (and more often than not) it is a blatant lie (truthful hyperbole) and he even brags about this in his various books- most notably The Art of the Deal.

The good way to know how he'll really behave is not to listen to his words, but look at his actions. What does he doe with his own money and his own businesses?

On issue after issue, when it comes to his own money and his own businesses, he doesn't put America first and he certainly doesn't take the Conservative, free-market position. He runs his businesses and spends his money like a New York Liberal, Cronyist who is in it for himself, everyone else and the truth be damned.