Author Topic: Trump Can’t Keep Himself From Attacking Republicans For One Month  (Read 10019 times)

Offline sinkspur

http://www.redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/2016/09/04/trump-cant-keep-attacking-republicans-one-month/

Trump Can’t Keep Himself From Attacking Republicans For One Month

Posted at 9:27 pm on September 4, 2016 by Leon H. Wolf

It's been less than a month since Trump - after much heckling and arm twisting - buried the hatched with Paul Ryan, John McCain, and Kelly Ayotte. Since then, Trump has managed to avoid picking pointless fights with elected Republicans - which has helped him consolidate his relationship with Republicans and close the gap on Hillary Clinton.

Welp.

Follow
 Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
The Great State of Arizona, where I just had a massive rally (amazing people), has a very weak and ineffective Senator, Jeff Flake. Sad!
6:05 PM - 4 Sep 2016
  3,188 3,188 Retweets   10,266 10,266 likes

Incredible. Apparently, what set Trump off was that Flake went on Tapper today and did not kiss the Trump pinky ring. Now, what does that matter to Donald Trump? Very little. If he needs Jeff Flake's help to win Arizona, he is screwed anyway and likely looking at an electoral landslide. If he doesn't, what does he have to lose by taking the high road?

Imagine an alternate universe in which Trump, after winning Indiana, refused to engage any high profile Republicans in a fight. Every time someone like Ted Cruz or Paul Ryan or John McCain or Jeff Flake said something, Trump responded with a smile and a "Sorry he feels that way. I'll be focused on keeping Crooked Hillary out of the White House and I hope that eventually he joins us in that effort, but if he does not, we plan to do our best to win anyway."

Does anyone have the slightest belief that Trump would be at least tied with Hillary right now, if not leading her? I've repeatedly noted that the reason Hillary is winning is because she is carrying 90%+ of Dems while Trump is carrying barely 80% of Republicans.

Anyway, if Trump were capable of understanding this point, he wouldn't be Trump. It's almost a waste of time to point it out anymore.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Re: Trump Can’t Keep Himself From Attacking Republicans For One Month
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 01:53:56 am »
Same ole Trump, back in his groove.  Attacking Republicans.

Look for more crazy in the days ahead.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 01:58:45 am »
Flake needs to be a team player.

Together
Everyone
Achieves
More

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 02:23:24 am »

Together
Everyone
Achieves
More

Team Player?   LOL!  Trump takes every opportunity to trash Republicans.

Starts at the top, pal.  And Trump is anything but a team player.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2016, 02:26:53 am »
It's likely Hillary has more African-American staff than Trump will receive in African-American votes.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2016, 02:27:08 am »

Together
Everyone
Achieves
More

When will Trump decide to join the Republican team?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2016, 02:39:53 am »
   Trump gave money to Mitch to steal Mississippi from McDaniel, The 'Et Tu' moment for the Tea Party.

The Donald hates Conservatives more than republicans.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

geronl

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2016, 05:47:05 am »

Imagine an alternate universe in which Trump, after winning Indiana, refused to engage any high profile Republicans in a fight. Every time someone like Ted Cruz or Paul Ryan or John McCain or Jeff Flake said something....

Ted Cruz hasn't said a word about it since the convention

Offline kartographer

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2016, 10:57:50 am »
Team Player?   LOL!  Trump takes every opportunity to trash Republicans.

Starts at the top, pal.  And Trump is anything but a team player.

Trump
Egocentric
Arrogant
Maniac
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2016, 11:45:51 am »
Don't you know?  The godfather of this primary season demands loyalty.  But it only works one direction.  He can order you politically killed if you do not do what he says.
@RAT Patrol

The problem is, he is so mentally sick, he absolutely MUST come after anyone in the universe who doesn't "love" him as he defines "love".  Have one small criticism and he internalizes that as this person doesn't love me, so I will destroy that person anyway I can.  You are correct that he will politically destroy any politician who doesn't "love" him.  Remember, he has already said he will start a PAC the next time Cruz runs for Senate so he can destroy him.  I have never heard of any politician who sets about to totally destroy another candidate in a future election that has nothing to do with him.  He will hate Cruz forever, even if he does start a PAC and Cruz is beaten.

The Republicans who are going to vote for Trump have no idea how warped his mind is.  If any Republican sitting at home has one criticism of Trump, and Trump found out, he would set about destroying that one Republican - one out of over 3 million people in the country - even one person in that many people.  If he had the time and could identify each one of us who will not vote for him, he would personally destroy us because we don't "love" him.

He will have plenty of people to destroy - any leader of any country that does not "love" him according to his definition of love, will also be on his destroy list and that is why he will start a war with any country that doesn't love him as he wishes to be loved.

Consider his own words when he speaks to groups - "I love you."  "I love South Carolina."  "I love Iowa."  "I love Ohio."  "See, they love me!." And on and on over and over he says it.  If his love is not returned by a whole state based on his definition of love, he will set about to destroy that state.

This man is mentally ill, insane, in his desire to be loved, and it is plain as he speaks of "love" constantly.  Love is a nice word unless it is used to destroy everyone who isn't in the love column.  None of us who criticize him are in his love column.  He hates the guts of any person who doesn't' love him and will gladly, and must, destroy that person.  That is his way of proving he is the "greatest" loved man who ever lived and that is what he thinks.  If he destroys all who don't love him, guess what, that makes him the "greatest" loved man who ever lived.

The above is my opinion which is my constitutional right to say.  I don't hate Trump, I just know he is a sick puppy who must not be president.

@austingirl  @Bigun  @catfish1957  @CatherineofAragon  @Cripplecreek
@Cyber Liberty @DB  @don-o @EC @ExFreeper @goodwithagun
@Gov Bean Counter, @Hoodat, @Just_Victor, @mlizzy, @mrpotatohead,
@mystery-ak @NavyCanDo @Unlimited @sinkspur @Smokin Joe
@starstruck @Timber Rattler @Wingnut @IsailedawayfromFR @AllThatJazzZ @XenaLee
@RAT Patrol  @musiclady  @XenaLee  @Sanguine  @kartographer  @Freya

If you want on or off my list, send me a message.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 12:12:21 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Leto

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2016, 11:57:12 am »

Together
Everyone
Achieves
More

Trump needs to , but can't, stop being a think skinned malignant narcissist. It's what he is.
"If the devil can keep you from asking the right question he never has to worry about the answer"

THe Screwtape Letters

Offline TomSea

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2016, 12:41:00 pm »
When will Trump decide to join the Republican team?

Ironic that one would ask that here.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2016, 12:42:40 pm »
I understand Trump parked his car and didn't pay the parking meter. The scandal.

Offline beandog

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2016, 12:56:45 pm »

Together
Everyone
Achieves
More
That is just plain creepy.  I don't join teams where the captain is a narcissistic jerk, as the Donald is.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2016, 12:56:45 pm »
It's likely Hillary has more African-American staff than Trump will receive in African-American votes.

What a racist statement.

But not on the airwaves:

Just in armpits of crime in Detroit, Chicago, Dallas, Kansas City and so on.

Yeah, Hillary has the felon vote.

But Trump gets the Black Sheriff vote.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 12:59:57 pm by TomSea »

Offline Longmire

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2016, 12:57:59 pm »
Flake is an open borders apologist and a nasty sob.

Surprised to see so many "conservatives" here support him.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2016, 01:07:54 pm »
Flake is an open borders apologist and a nasty sob.

Surprised to see so many "conservatives" here support him.

It doesn't surprise me. It's in the nature of politics that it makes strange bedfellows. Some of the craziest things have been done by people under the influence of political fervor.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2016, 01:09:01 pm »
   Trump gave money to Mitch to steal Mississippi from McDaniel, The 'Et Tu' moment for the Tea Party.

The Donald hates Conservatives more than republicans.
Apparently it isn't just The Donald...

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/3466045/posts
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2016, 01:11:47 pm »
It doesn't surprise me. It's in the nature of politics that it makes strange bedfellows. Some of the craziest things have been done by people under the influence of political fervor.

Yes ... Trump IS crazy and does crazy things...finally something we can agree on!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2016, 01:20:12 pm »

Together
Everyone
Achieves
More
Yeah, forget about your so-called "conservative principles". Spell it out for us, Cletus:

Trump'll
Evict
All
Mexicans!

Yeah!!! And who needs a real "campaign" when

Twitter
Empowers
A**holes &
Morons ?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline musiclady

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2016, 01:29:32 pm »
OF COURSE, Trump can't keep himself from attacking Republicans.  That's what DEMOCRATS do all the time.

The idea that to be a good Republican, you have to support a corrupt Progressive, is just ridiculous.

If and when the Republican party ever recovers from this Trump debacle they are willingly participating in, I'll consider rejoining the party.  But as long as they are the party of liberal Trump, I want nothing to do with the national party.

I salute every single (actual) Republican who stands up against Trump.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2016, 01:34:30 pm »
@Victoria33

I agree with all you have said, and I think most people feel Trump is [at the very least] an eccentric character, but I thought Cardinal Burke worded it well in the following:

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/cardinal-burke-to-u.s.-voters-consider-candidate-who-defend-life-family-fre

Cardinal Burke, the patron of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta and the former archbishop of St. Louis, said that even if Catholics see problems with both candidates on various issues, they nevertheless can vote for the one who supports Catholic values the most. 

“More than likely the judgment will be that neither candidates ideally answers these questions all in the way that we want. But given the nature of our government, can we in conscience support one of the candidates, at least, who, while maybe [he or she] doesn't support everything that we believe and know is important, will at least support it to a certain extent with the hope that that candidate can be convinced to embrace evermore fully the common good,” he said.

Burke warned Catholics against not voting at all and against the practice of writing in the name of a preferred candidate on the ballot, saying it could inadvertently cause the election of a candidate who does not respect life, family, and freedom.

“And I understand these sentiments very well. But one also has to be very prudent, and know that by not voting at all you are probably favoring one candidate or another,” he said, adding that even if Catholics wrote in the name of a favored candidate, it would be unlikely for such a person to become elected.

“The moral weight to voting is indeed very heavy. In other words, every vote counts,” he said.

Burke urged Catholics to study carefully the positions of both running candidates before voting.

“Those are difficult considerations, and I don’t say any of this in a kind of easy way. But I do think that Catholics especially need to be very cautious and not simply opting out, or good pro-life people and good pro-family people, simply just throwing up their hands. I would just urge them to study the position of both candidates, to the fullest possible degree, to see whether or not one of them will not advance, at least to some degree, restoration of the civilization of life and love in our country.”

It's pretty sad that Trump "supports Catholic values the most" out of the two who are running, but I think that is what Cardinal Burke was getting at. But, Pence, Trump's VP, is not bad at all, imo, and if Trump could get in [seems doubtful he will unless Hillary dies or has a (different) major health issue], maybe Pence could take over at some point in the future. We're voting the Trump/Pence ticket for that possibility [and for what Cardinal Burke said as well] and also because Hillary is pure evil.

America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2016, 01:43:56 pm »
I'm going to give Donald a pass on this one.  Flake is a turncoat who ran as a Tea Party type and immediately after he was sworn in he showed himself to be slightly left of John McCain. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2016, 01:46:10 pm »
@Victoria33

I agree with all you have said, and I think most people feel Trump is [at the very least] an eccentric character, but I thought Cardinal Burke worded it well in the following:

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/cardinal-burke-to-u.s.-voters-consider-candidate-who-defend-life-family-fre

It's pretty sad that Trump "supports Catholic values the most" out of the two who are running, but I think that is what Cardinal Burke was getting at. But, Pence, Trump's VP, is not bad at all, imo, and if Trump could get in [seems doubtful he will unless Hillary dies or has a (different) major health issue], maybe Pence could take over at some point in the future. We're voting the Trump/Pence ticket for that possibility [and for what Cardinal Burke said as well] and also because Hillary is pure evil.

I understand the point being made; but voting for evil (and I believe Trump to be evil) is not an option for me.  Pence is the VP in this scenario and the role of the vice president is very very limited and narrow.  We aren't voting for the VP, we are voting for our Commander in Chief. Pence may have better values, but accepting to be Trump's VP also speaks volumes.

IMHO only when we as a country vote our conscious, vote for Christian values, religious freedom and the Constitution will we have a chance at getting our country back. Voting otherwise we have absolutely zero chance. This country was founded upon Christian values and principles. Voting for evil and amoral people is why we are in the situation that we are in.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 01:47:24 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2016, 01:51:48 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald