Author Topic: Trump hit a home run with his meeting with Mexico’s president  (Read 10188 times)

Offline wolfcreek

Re: Trump hit a home run with his meeting with Mexico’s president
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2016, 06:48:25 pm »
Interestingly enough...some sites are free for real discourse. Like this one.

FR is more like a progressive/liberal site.  I should know, I have spent decades on them. ANyhoo, Fr is just the same kind of embarrassment as any Prog site.

Off topic I know, but I would like to end with saying thank you to  Myst and.. the other one...   :laugh:  R4. As well as the Mods who are in charge of cat herding.
So you're a converted Leftist [I assume]...but you don't like the fact that Trump has changed?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 06:51:39 pm by wolfcreek »

HonestJohn

« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2016, 06:57:15 pm »
So you're a converted Leftist [I assume]...but you don't like the fact that Trump has changed?

I guess that'd make you am unconverted leftist, then?  As you're from the same place and still agree with it?

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2016, 07:05:07 pm »
I guess that'd make you am unconverted leftist, then?  As you're from the same place and still agree with it?

I think you're confused. He wasn't an exFReeper. He spent years at Leftist sites.

HonestJohn

« Reply #78 on: September 02, 2016, 07:10:57 pm »
I think you're confused. He wasn't an exFReeper. He spent years at Leftist sites.

Ah.  I thought it said "spent decades on it" when it said "spent decades on them"

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #79 on: September 02, 2016, 07:44:43 pm »
Ah.  I thought it said "spent decades on it" when it said "spent decades on them"

I find it odd that someone would admit that.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2016, 11:46:04 pm »

You know what they say about Assume.

No "converted leftist" here..LOL, I am to the right of Genghis Khan, but in a very limited government way.

I have spent decades on lib/prog sites as I was in enemy territory. At the least I accomplished a "flying the flag" operation. That is putting limited government conservative ideas on the site. I saw no need to preach to the choir. Like FR back then.

At that period, I was any R but oppose the D's.

Heck, my first vote was for RR. trump is no Reagan.

So much for your assumption.

Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2016, 12:01:10 am »
I find it odd that someone would admit that.

How funny, your own avatar shows you are closer to a RINO than a Conservative.  Talk about an admission.

And you support trump..it 'figerrs.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2016, 01:05:56 pm »
You know what they say about Assume.

No "converted leftist" here..LOL, I am to the right of Genghis Khan, but in a very limited government way.

I have spent decades on lib/prog sites as I was in enemy territory. At the least I accomplished a "flying the flag" operation. That is putting limited government conservative ideas on the site. I saw no need to preach to the choir. Like FR back then.

At that period, I was any R but oppose the D's.

Heck, my first vote was for RR. trump is no Reagan.

So much for your assumption.

It would help if you express yourself better. Those comment left the door open.

I too would rather fight the good fight outside the echo chamber arena.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2016, 01:07:11 pm »
How funny, your own avatar shows you are closer to a RINO than a Conservative.  Talk about an admission.

And you support trump..it 'figerrs.

errr...that's Trump's "On the Issues" chart.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #84 on: September 03, 2016, 01:10:48 pm »

"...AND DOWN GOES FRAZIER!!!!"

:patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2016, 01:12:21 pm »

Trump's "lies on the issues" chart is probably more accurate.   But, hey, based on lies, Hillary's chart would probably track just to the left of moderate.

I can't believe any of it.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 01:12:37 pm by guitar4jesus »

Offline Longmire

« Reply #86 on: September 03, 2016, 01:13:23 pm »

888high58888

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #87 on: September 03, 2016, 01:14:54 pm »
Trump's "lies on the issues" chart is probably more accurate.   But, hey, based on lies, Hillary's chart would probably track just to the left of moderate.

I can't believe any of it.

For reference purposes only;

Hillary's
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 02:19:20 pm by wolfcreek »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #88 on: September 03, 2016, 01:26:32 pm »

Is that on actual record or things he's said since his Road to Des Moines conversion?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #89 on: September 03, 2016, 01:31:08 pm »
Jake Novak is smoking crack.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2016, 01:50:10 pm »
Is that on actual record or things he's said since his Road to Des Moines conversion?

http://www.ontheissues.org/Donald_Trump.htm

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #91 on: September 03, 2016, 03:11:33 pm »
http://www.ontheissues.org/Donald_Trump.htm
So the vast majority of this is skewed toward 2015 and later—after the Road to Des Moines conversion.

Although I will give him credit for consistency on his views on trade, which appear to be fairly consistent over time, unlike almost everything else beside his ego.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Fantom

« Reply #92 on: September 03, 2016, 05:44:52 pm »

Well, that makes it better. trump is closer to a RINO than a Conservative.. and that is based on his positions today..lol.

BTW, don't blame me for your projections.

Frederick Douglass

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #93 on: September 04, 2016, 08:10:28 pm »
Well, that makes it better. trump is closer to a RINO than a Conservative.. and that is based on his positions today..lol.

BTW, don't blame me for your projections.

It's been made pretty clear that no one thinks of Trump as a Conservative but, there a vast ideological spread between he and Hillary on those charts.

I'll only blame you for not letting your brain catch up to your mouth.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #94 on: September 04, 2016, 08:58:33 pm »
And here is Jorge Ramos response.

So now he is left with dissing the Mexican president.  :silly:

The Mexican President should be dissed.  I can't fault on that.  The Mafia is running the country.  What is underreported is that this country is not in control of itself or its border.  There is chaos and anarchy.  It isn't any different than what is happening in Syria.  People are being sold into slavery on the border.  In Mexican cities the police are corrupted my their obedience to the Mafia.  They are chopping people's heads off and leaving them on fence posts.

Did Trump show enough strength for this situation?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #95 on: September 04, 2016, 10:05:55 pm »

Rate Trump on what he says now when he is trying to get the Republican vote and he'll rate more conservative.

But to be more accurate, rate him on his known positions on issues prior to his trying to fool the gullible into believing he is not the flaming New York liberal his history reveals him to be and he would rate as liberal as Hillary.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #96 on: September 04, 2016, 10:10:25 pm »
The Mexican President should be dissed.  I can't fault on that.  The Mafia is running the country.  What is underreported is that this country is not in control of itself or its border.  There is chaos and anarchy.  It isn't any different than what is happening in Syria.  People are being sold into slavery on the border.  In Mexican cities the police are corrupted my their obedience to the Mafia.  They are chopping people's heads off and leaving them on fence posts.

Did Trump show enough strength for this situation?

Trump is a candidate, not the president.  He really had no reason to even go to Mexico; he did it for show.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #97 on: September 04, 2016, 10:19:16 pm »
Trump is a candidate, not the president.  He really had no reason to even go to Mexico; he did it for show.

I agree with you there.  He has a right to talk about issues with Mexico but not to go there.  He doesn't officially represent the country.  And in the past others have done this kind of things.  Its not helpful and he really doesn't have any legal right to speak for America.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #98 on: September 04, 2016, 10:31:21 pm »

I'll only blame you for not letting your brain catch up to your mouth.

You're projecting again wolf.

Every intelligent person knows that trump is a fraud. Willing to say whatever to get elected. You can service Scam Wowo if you want. But I will decline the..er, ahem Honor.

Frederick Douglass

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #99 on: September 04, 2016, 10:33:01 pm »
Hit a homerun but didn't throw a no-hitter.

Baseball, Hotdogs, Apple Pie and Chevrolet.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 10:33:23 pm by TomSea »