Author Topic: Trump hit a home run with his meeting with Mexico’s president  (Read 10186 times)

Offline unknown

Re: Trump hit a home run with his meeting with Mexico’s president
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2016, 07:03:36 pm »
I know.  I changed it because after consideration I decide you where not worth an F.

Did I get an "A"?

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline jedidah

« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2016, 07:14:47 pm »
What Trump did do was prove he could take part in a diplomatic meeting with at least some skill....  I would not have thought he could have stayed calm and on point enough to have at least a semi successful meeting with the Mexican president.  Cautiously optomistic that he could control himself on the international stage if elected.....

I'm not a Trump fan but the idea of Queen Hillary scares the crud out of me....

I agree with you.  Honestly, I was expecting him to make a fool of himself, but he didn't.  Still not a fan, but he did stalk confidently into hostile territory and, in doing so, once again completely dominate the news cycle.  Credit where it's due, but still no confidence in anything he says.

Offline corbe

« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2016, 07:58:33 pm »
We have always treated Mexico like that irresponsible and selfish little sibling that the older ones always cover for and let get away with things they never should. They are practically a narco-state one step short of Columbia while the 1% owns something like 95% of the assets of the nation.

Yet, they have some of the strictest immigration laws in the world, while demanding open borders (or none at all) with the USA while on their southern border they want to build a wall to keep out Central American immigrants.

It's time to bend them over our knee and beat their little spoiled ass, starting with a reciprocal immigration agreements and equalizing trade standards next round of negotiation. We also tell them that if they don't get their narco trade under control, we will treat them like a territory and not a nation, and send our military in any time we please to deal with the drug lords. And if their military gets in the way we will mow them down, and start a war if that's what it takes.

There is a reason the rest of Latin America thinks Mexico is a trashy redneck country of little children. They need tough love more than anything, and a good boxing of the ears.

@Free Vulcan

History has proven President Polk screwed up giving the Reins of the Mexican Government back to the Spanish Elite.

President Eisenhower tried to do something about it, BUT, since then the immigration issue has been more like a Safety Valve to prevent Mexico from becoming another Venezuela right on our Southern Border.  They have managed to even screw up PEMEX.   

Giving  the Mexicans a choice of Government, they have proven a total failure since their 1824 Constitution (which Birthed TEXAS).
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2016, 08:57:41 pm »
In April, Trump laid out his plan how he will have "Mexico" pay for the wall. Taxing remittances is basically the plan.

Reworking NAFTA [which he says is a bad deal for US] could reduce our trade deficit with Mexico.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2016, 08:59:52 pm »
Going to ignore the insult, (but will the MODS be so kind?) and restate the question. Why were several other candidates that were polling far better against Hillary than Trump was cast aside because of their perceived softer stand on illegal immigration - when in fact there path to curb the problem was not a lot different than Trump's latest position?   

We could now be running a Cruz/Fiorina, Rubio/Walker, Walker/Carson, or any number of combinations - without the split in the conservative electorate.

It's neither here nor there at this point. you can now stop wondering.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2016, 10:28:47 pm »
It's neither here nor there at this point. you can now stop wondering.

It is truly amazing, for one's mental health and wellbeing, to learn to "let go." To learn to "accept." Acceptance does not mean approval.

Holding resentments, is not healthy. And it accomplished nothing.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Fantom

« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2016, 11:32:21 pm »
It is truly amazing, for one's mental health and wellbeing, to learn to "let go." To learn to "accept." Acceptance does not mean approval.

I agree trump and his minions should accept that Cruz did not name endorse him and move on. Instead of saying his future is over.. that the orange ones says he will spend 20 mil to defeat this great man..Ted Cruz.

When trump and his flying trumpansies get over that.. then maybe we talk about working together.

Until then.... trump and his flying trumpansies are my enemy.. more so than is a simple Corruptocrat named Hillary.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2016, 11:52:34 pm »

That and the combination of losing ones Internet home seems to have taken it's toll on many.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2016, 11:55:09 pm »
I agree trump and his minions should accept that Cruz did not name endorse him and move on. Instead of saying his future is over.. that the orange ones says he will spend 20 mil to defeat this great man..Ted Cruz.

When trump and his flying trumpansies get over that.. then maybe we talk about working together.

Until then.... trump and his flying trumpansies are my enemy.. more so than is a simple Corruptocrat named Hillary.

You have some real issues dude. Seek help.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2016, 11:57:16 pm »

That and the combination of losing ones Internet home seems to have taken it's toll on many.

Or maybe some just do not like fascist.

Not everyone here, who is opposed to El' Douche.. was a FR member.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2016, 11:58:46 pm »

You have some real issues dude. Seek help.

What, you cannot handle that everyone does not bow to trump.   :silly:

Frederick Douglass

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2016, 12:00:28 am »
Reworking NAFTA [which he says is a bad deal for US] could reduce our trade deficit with Mexico.

You have no idea how trade deficits work.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2016, 12:03:53 am »
You have no idea how trade deficits work.

I especially love wolfs...Which He(trump) says" part.

Nothing says cult like not thinkin' for ones-self.

Frederick Douglass

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2016, 12:04:43 am »

Yes, that too.

I have remained on FR since late 1998, often not agreeing with the general mob-direction, but having enough sense to lay low for awhile.

"Winning" arguments on the internet has never risen to a level worth losing my serenity for. And certainly not with owners of sites.

Offline beandog

« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2016, 12:05:07 am »

I agree with you 100%.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2016, 12:08:10 am »
Yes, that too.

I have remained on FR since late 1998, often not agreeing with the general mob-direction, but having enough sense to lay low for awhile.

"Winning" arguments on the internet has never risen to a level worth losing my serenity for. And certainly not with owners of sites.

I wasn't able to do that....oh well. ;)

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2016, 12:08:24 am »

Very true.  Laughing and pointing works much better.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2016, 12:08:54 am »

Very well said & a 100% correct. Trump supporters should lead by example.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2016, 12:17:35 am »
Yes, that too.

Interestingly enough...some sites are free for real discourse. Like this one.

FR is more like a progressive/liberal site.  I should know, I have spent decades on them. ANyhoo, Fr is just the same kind of embarrassment as any Prog site.

Off topic I know, but I would like to end with saying thank you to  Myst and.. the other one...   :laugh:  R4. As well as the Mods who are in charge of cat herding.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2016, 12:21:59 am »
Very well said & a 100% correct. Trump supporters should lead by example.

Well, it is not like we(Ted) need their vote.

So yeah, if one wants someones vote.... it would be a good start not to threaten them that they are "over" and have no future if they do not prostate themselves.

Just sayin'.

Not a good way to win friends(votes) and influence people.

Frederick Douglass

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2016, 03:24:20 am »
Just something I've noticed.

The majority of Mexico's population is Mestizo, but every Mexican leader has been lily-White.

Why do we never see anyone point that out?    And we're the racists?
It's simple, the Mexicans are some of the biggest racists on Earth. The Spaniards, those who claim descent from them at the top of the heap and Los Indios on the bottom with everyone crapping on the indigenous Indians. Hell they do it here in America, I had problems with employees, the elitist Mexicans treating the Mexican Indians like slaves.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2016, 03:49:47 am »
It's simple, the Mexicans are some of the biggest racists on Earth. The Spaniards, those who claim descent from them at the top of the heap and Los Indios on the bottom with everyone crapping on the indigenous Indians. Hell they do it here in America, I had problems with employees, the elitist Mexicans treating the Mexican Indians like slaves.

It seems to be human nature, like it or not. Seeking a higher status identity in some form, be it race, ethnic group, tribe, religion, region, school, profession, even political party etc.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2016, 04:27:02 am »
It seems to be human nature, like it or not. Seeking a higher status identity in some form, be it race, ethnic group, tribe, religion, region, school, profession, even political party etc.
Sorry I have to disagree, it is human nature to make snap judgements based on someone's appearance part of our early survival instincts I'm sure, but we have evolved, well most of us anyway, and it is a small and insecure person that attempts to increase their stature social or emotional by belittling others.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2016, 04:44:39 am »
Sorry I have to disagree, it is human nature to make snap judgements based on someone's appearance part of our early survival instincts I'm sure, but we have evolved, well most of us anyway, and it is a small and insecure person that attempts to increase their stature social or emotional by belittling others.

You must have a narrow range of actual worldly experience, or be very young and sheltered. Do you dispute the racial and ethnic groups around the world, are often in conflict?

Kurds, to name just one. Or did you know the Swedes and Danes look down upon their Lapps, for another example.

Or that people from elite private schools, look down on lowly public school graduates? Or that muslims look down on and treat non-muslims differently and poorly?

Or that lawyers look down on mere ordinary people? Or that Catholics have been in conflict with Protestants in Northern Ireland, for a long time.

The US military was segregated during WWII. Filipinos could serve in our Navy, but only in certain jobs.

Or that Japanese feel superior to everybody else? Or that Northerners in America look down on Southerners, even today?

Or that city folks look down on rural folks, both in America and certain other places?

Or that various castes and strata exist in Brazil, India, South Africa, which rank the status/standing of racial and ethnic groups?

Ironically you were too quick to read everything that I wrote, since apparently you only wished to opine your social justice warrior white guilt trip on us.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #74 on: September 02, 2016, 10:58:00 am »
Yes, that too.

You always think you're superior to everyone, so no one can make you see the actual "truth" through your arrogant delusions.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024