Author Topic: Trump hit a home run with his meeting with Mexico’s president  (Read 10187 times)

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Re: Trump hit a home run with his meeting with Mexico’s president
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2016, 11:58:28 am »

True, however it is unknown who is the pivot man.  I'll have my spy's endeavor to find out.  :smokin:

This might be a clue....  :whistle:

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2016, 12:14:02 pm »
This might be a clue....  :whistle:

At this point the pivot is a steady rotation.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2016, 12:20:42 pm »

Heh.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2016, 12:26:32 pm »
Just something I've noticed.

The majority of Mexico's population is Mestizo, but every Mexican leader has been lily-White.

Why do we never see anyone point that out?    And we're the racists?

Seems to me the majority of the Mexican population illegally here in the US are Mestizo.

Imperialism is live and well in Mexico.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 12:27:02 pm by wolfcreek »

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2016, 12:28:23 pm »

Whirling like a centrifuge.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2016, 12:31:43 pm »
What Trump did do was prove he could take part in a diplomatic meeting with at least some skill....  I would not have thought he could have stayed calm and on point enough to have at least a semi successful meeting with the Mexican president.  Cautiously optomistic that he could control himself on the international stage if elected.....

I'm not a Trump fan but the idea of Queen Hillary scares the crud out of me....

Exactly.  I'm not a Trump fan either, and I've made that quite clear in the past, but IMO, nothing that he called for in that speech last night is out of line with what ANY country should demand to secure its borders and sovereignty.  As for Mexico paying for the wall, that can be done partially by taxing remittances.  On THIS issue... Trump is spot on.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2016, 12:38:00 pm »
Whirling like a centrifuge.

And when he hits that 180 degree mark again, his fans will cheer just as loudly.

geronl

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2016, 12:46:11 pm »
Exactly.  I'm not a Trump fan either, and I've made that quite clear in the past, but IMO, nothing that he called for in that speech last night is out of line with what ANY country should demand to secure its borders and sovereignty.  As for Mexico paying for the wall, that can be done partially by taxing remittances.  On THIS issue... Trump is spot on.

But that is not Mexico paying for it.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2016, 12:59:32 pm »

A lot of people want to believe completely unrealistic things.

Worse are those who support Trump on a snapshot of an issue that Trump no longer supports. When you add all those snapshots together you get a grey blur with no dividing lines anywhere.

A woman on twitter just told me that she gives Trump credit for what he's said in the past but only that single point. She wasn't happy being reminded that just a few years ago, Trump supported eliminating borders altogether. The things he's said when he wasn't running for office should be of great concern. They are the things he believes and said so because he wasn't trying to get people to vote for him.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2016, 01:51:03 pm »
And when he hits that 180 degree mark again, his fans will cheer just as loudly.

:silly:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 01:51:22 pm by Gov Bean Counter »
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline unknown

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2016, 04:06:33 pm »

In April, Trump laid out his plan how he will have "Mexico" pay for the wall. Taxing remittances is basically the plan.

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2016, 05:09:19 pm »

While it's not the same as lifting it directly out of the Mexican treasury, it still comes out of that country's assets, since those $$$ would've gone to its economy.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2016, 05:48:11 pm »

None of what he said is out of line with most of the other 16 Republican candidates. So remind us once again, why Trump?
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Wingnut

« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2016, 05:52:00 pm »
Trump hit a home run with his meeting with Mexico’s president

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2016, 06:02:59 pm »
None of what he said is out of line with most of the other 16 Republican candidates. So remind us once again, why Trump?

Why Trump? Because of a novel concept for this site:

He Won. The American Way. The same way we have selected previous candidates, who went on to win the Presidency.

Why so dense?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2016, 06:26:29 pm »
Why Trump? Because of a novel concept for this site:

He Won. The American Way. The same way we have selected previous candidates, who went on to win the Presidency.

Why so dense?

Going to ignore the insult, (but will the MODS be so kind?) and restate the question. Why were several other candidates that were polling far better against Hillary than Trump was cast aside because of their perceived softer stand on illegal immigration - when in fact there path to curb the problem was not a lot different than Trump's latest position?   

We could now be running a Cruz/Fiorina, Rubio/Walker, Walker/Carson, or any number of combinations - without the split in the conservative electorate. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline libertybele

« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2016, 06:29:47 pm »
Going to ignore the insult, (but will the MODS be so kind?) and restate the question. Why were several other candidates that were polling far better against Hillary than Trump was cast aside because of their perceived softer stand on illegal immigration - when in fact there path to curb the problem was not a lot different than Trump's latest position?   

We could now be running a Cruz/Fiorina, Rubio/Walker, Walker/Carson, or any number of combinations - without the split in the conservative electorate.

The plan was to further split the party and the electorate.  Trump gave a great speech last night, but I'm not buying into his smoke 'n mirrors/horse and pony show.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline unknown

« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2016, 06:30:14 pm »
Going to ignore the insult, (but will the MODS be so kind?)

The mods on this topic board will let it go. Yesterday I was directly called a douchebag and a huckleF*3k (or somesort) and those were left standing.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2016, 06:39:18 pm »
The mods on this topic board will let it go. Yesterday I was directly called a douchebag and a huckleF*3k (or somesort) and those were left standing.

I'd be asking myself why.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2016, 06:41:10 pm »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2016, 06:44:50 pm »
Resolving our issues with Mexico will be a process.   I always felt the best way to stop people from coming into the US from Mexico is to make the Mexican economy stronger.  But to find a way to do it that won't be at the expense of American workers.    But that may take a change in the National Culture of Mexico to make that happen.

We have always treated Mexico like that irresponsible and selfish little sibling that the older ones always cover for and let get away with things they never should. They are practically a narco-state one step short of Columbia while the 1% owns something like 95% of the assets of the nation.

Yet, they have some of the strictest immigration laws in the world, while demanding open borders (or none at all) with the USA while on their southern border they want to build a wall to keep out Central American immigrants.

It's time to bend them over our knee and beat their little spoiled ass, starting with a reciprocal immigration agreements and equalizing trade standards next round of negotiation. We also tell them that if they don't get their narco trade under control, we will treat them like a territory and not a nation, and send our military in any time we please to deal with the drug lords. And if their military gets in the way we will mow them down, and start a war if that's what it takes.

There is a reason the rest of Latin America thinks Mexico is a trashy redneck country of little children. They need tough love more than anything, and a good boxing of the ears.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 06:46:01 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Wingnut

« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2016, 06:54:18 pm »

It was and rhymed with "HockeyPuck" you big hockeypuck.
 :seeya:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 06:54:42 pm by Wingnut »

Offline unknown

« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2016, 06:59:00 pm »

Yea, that's what it was, .. thanks.  but the P was replaced with an F.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2016, 06:59:32 pm »

I think I like hucklepuck better.  :smokin:

Wingnut

« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2016, 07:01:35 pm »
Yea, that's what it was, .. thanks.  but the P was replaced with an F.

I know.  I changed it because after consideration I decide you where not worth an F.