Author Topic: John Bolton: Yes, I'm Voting For Trump and If He's Looking For A Secretary Of State–I'd Deeply Consider It  (Read 204 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
John Bolton: Yes, I'm Voting For Trump and If He's Looking For A Secretary Of State–I'd Deeply Consider It

Former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations John Bolton dropped by The Hugh Hewitt Show, where the diplomat said that between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, it’s an easy choice: Donald Trump all the way. He also discussed the lack of evidence to suggest that Clinton will be more hawkish on foreign policy than Obama, adding that she’s “comfortable” with the worldview that has given us a disaster in Syria, Libya, and Iran.

Concerning the possible ethics problems the former secretary of state faces from the Clinton Foundation, Bolton said that it just showed how Hillary just ignored every pledge/promise she made upon her confirmation hearing, where she said that no special treatment would be afforded to donors should she be confirmed. Bolton said that exiting and re-entering public life is sort of like a monastery-type mentality. You need to resign or cut connections to every private sector connection you have for the time being. The only acceptable connection to maintain from your former life is your church. Yet, the former ambassador did note that there was a grey area in this regard because regulations didn’t include spouses or children that are also part of the same non-profit, which has been called a slush fund by the non-partisan Sunlight Foundation watchdog.

Read More At: http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2016/08/23/john-bolton-yes-im-voting-for-trump-and-if-hes-looking-for-a-secretary-of-stateill-deeply-consider-it-n2208916

I think Trump has run largely as a non-interventionist. Sometimes one has to take action but we need to be real careful.