Author Topic: Warning of 'war' on farmers, Trump seeks support in Iowa  (Read 1532 times)

Offline unknown

Warning of 'war' on farmers, Trump seeks support in Iowa
« on: August 28, 2016, 12:30:09 am »

Warning of 'war' on farmers, Trump seeks support in Iowa

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/warning-war-farmers-trump-seeks-support-iowa

JONATHAN LEMIRE and LISA LERER
August 27, 2016

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Donald Trump warned Saturday of a "war on the American farmer," telling a crowd in Iowa that rival Hillary Clinton "wants to shut down family farms" and implement anti-agriculture policies.

Trump's speech at the annual "Roast and Ride" fundraiser for Republican Sen. Joni Ernst came just hours after Clinton received her first national security briefing as the Democratic presidential nominee.

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

Re: Warning of 'war' on farmers, Trump seeks support in Iowa
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 12:30:50 am »

And the typical NeverTrumpers will be here in their circle in 3.....  2.....  1.....

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 12:45:13 am »
LOL!!  A war on farmers?   'Effing farmers get more money from the government than any other constituency.

Is Trump proposing to spend MORE money on the agriculture industry? 

How do you Trumpsters like this big government campaign?  Is he trying to outdo Hillary in spending?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 12:47:43 am »
LOL!!  A war on farmers?   'Effing farmers get more money from the government than any other constituency.

How do you Trumpsters like this big government campaign?  Is he trying to outdo Hillary in spending?

A-lert is just trying to stir the pot.

Offline unknown

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2016, 12:49:40 am »

3... 2... 1...

The usual suspects of circle jerks are showing up...

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2016, 12:50:54 am »

He's not one of those mean old conservatives who will stop stealing from taxpayers to subsidize their corn.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2016, 12:52:43 am »

Obviously.

Now if only we could get Willie Green to show up and start pimping trains.

Offline corbe

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2016, 01:10:45 am »
Trump/Iowa 2.0, He told that crowd awhile back that CRUZ was gonna take away your Ethanol Mandate, (He was right), They didn't Vote for him then either.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2016, 01:44:41 am »
And how many of those farms employ Mexican labor?

Just sayin'...
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

geronl

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2016, 01:51:23 am »
Farm subsidies are "war" I guess, oh wait he's for those

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2016, 04:28:48 am »

Yep.  All those farm subsidies.  Then all the illegals that they underpay so we all can carry their expenses on health care, cash benefits, dental, ......etc. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2016, 04:35:36 am »

www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1nchLclx0Y

Trump is wearing his white hat.  Supposedly that means he's in a good mood.

The next morning, before dawn and after about four hours' sleep, Mr. Trump would meet [Senecal] at the arched entrance of his private quarters to accept a bundle of newspapers including The New York Times, The Daily News, The New York Post, and the Palm Beach papers. Mr. Trump would emerge hours later, in khakis, a white golf shirt and baseball cap. If the cap was white, the staff noticed, the boss was in a good mood. If it was red, it was best to stay away. [The New York Times]

Trump is using a teleprompter just like he did in Manchester, New Hampshire 2 days ago. 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHOSSORLvIQ

Somebody has explained to Trump he can't afford to screw up every time he opens his mouth, and strangely Trump listened.  Now somebody needs to take his twitter away.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 04:44:27 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2016, 04:49:17 am »
Trump would be well served to drop the attacks on Hitlery.  Everybody already hates her, the problem is they hate Trump more.    Trump's in Iowa so he thinks he has to talk about farms, energy, and trade.  Trump should just repeat over and over "Jobs" and "Law and Order."

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2016, 02:36:32 am »

3... 2... 1...

The usual suspects of circle jerks are showing up...

I have that tee shirt.

You must have this one:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2016, 04:52:38 am »
Sorry kids, but farm subsidies are long gone. Crop insurance is all there is now.

And as far as Mexican labor, that's in the packing plants. I don't know any farmer that uses them on their farm. Not in Iowa anyway.
The Republic is lost.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2016, 07:57:46 am »
Trump/Iowa 2.0, He told that crowd awhile back that CRUZ was gonna take away your Ethanol Mandate, (He was right), They didn't Vote for him then either.
Well, farmers have to deal with the EPA, too. (And don't fill in any low spots in the yard, they might be "intermittent wetlands".

Besides, farmers see what's going on with ranchers and the BLM, and have been the brunt of patent infringement lawsuits when GMO crops are planted in adjacent fields and cross pollinate with their non GMO crops (just defending against one can cost you the farm, literally).

More government, more subsidies, and more regulations aren't the answer to the farmers' problems anyway.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis