Author Topic: ABC, NBC Swoop in to Defend Clinton from Trump’s ‘Bigot’ Remark  (Read 701 times)

Offline unknown

ABC, NBC Swoop in to Defend Clinton from Trump’s ‘Bigot’ Remark

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/nicholas-fondacaro/2016/08/25/abc-nbc-swoop-defend-clinton-trumps-bigot-remark

Nicholas Fondacaro
August 25, 2016

The war of words in the 2016 race for president reached a new level Thursday when both Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton accused one another of being a “bigot.” On CBS Evening News, fill-in anchor James Brown seemed disappointed in them, starting the show off saying, “The presidential campaign may have hit a low point today, and there are still 75 days to go.” While Brown seemed disappointed, both ABC and NBC took the opportunity to pounce on Trump and praise Clinton’s attacks.

“Now, to the race for president, and a dark 24 hours,” announced ABC anchor David Muir on World News Tonight, “Donald Trump calling Hillary Clinton a bigot.” Muir went on to describe Clinton’s own accusations of racism as her, “taking the stage and firing back.” And correspondent David Wright took it from there.

“Today, Clinton made her case that it's Trump who has been running a racist campaign,” he reported while praising her attacks, “In some of her strongest language yet, she ran down the list … Using Trump's own words against him, she accused him of launching his run for the presidency with another "Racist lie" -- about Mexican immigrants.” Wright even played a clip from a Clinton campaign ad where an imperial wizard of the Ku Klux Klan talked about why they liked Trump.

{.. snip ..  see URL for lots of media quotes and transcripts (emphasis in original) ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

Re: ABC, NBC Swoop in to Defend Clinton from Trump’s ‘Bigot’ Remark
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 12:04:49 am »

YA - AND DONT FORGET THIS MEDIA COVERAGE RIGHT AFTER THE RNC!!

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 12:06:07 am »

YA THINK THEY GOT THE MEMO?!?!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 12:22:37 am »

BrahmResnikVerified account
‏@brahmresnik
BREAKING @realDonaldTrump cancels #PHX event Wednesday. No reason given. "We look forward to having another event soon," spox says. #12News

So another immigration speech postponed.  He's going to let the mess he's made stink a little longer.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2016, 04:23:38 am »
This was a classic example of how Trump is a failure as a candidate.

Trump was speaking truth about how Democrats use blacks as pawns and keeping blacks locked in as an entitlement class benefits the Party. he should have stopped there.   But then he makes the fatal mistake and ends it by calling her a "bigot".   So what does the news run with? The story of black suppression by Democrats throughout history? The origin of Jim Crow laws?  Nope. All of that is overlooked and all the news is about a name he called Hillary.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn