Author Topic: Is the House Up for Grabs?  (Read 1019 times)

Offline libertybele

Is the House Up for Grabs?
« on: August 26, 2016, 03:39:02 pm »
IMHO, I think it's going to be worse then the GOP ever dreamed. I think were going to see a DEM sweep in the House, Senate and oval office.

Is the House Up for Grabs?

With Donald Trump lagging in the polls and proving a drag on Republican Senate candidates up and down the East Coast, some are beginning to wonder not just whether the GOP will lose in November, but how devastating the losses might be. Could Republicans actually fritter away the largest House majority since 1928 in one election cycle? Those already feeling heartburn are alarmed not just by the five-point Democratic advantage on the generic congressional ballot, but by the Democrats’ massive fundraising edge this cycle: The National Republican Congressional Committee (NRCC) sent donors a memo on Tuesday warning that their Democratic counterparts had “massively outraised” them by a $7 million margin in July. “If those trends continue into the fall, that would be a big problem for House Republicans,” says Brian O. Walsh, who served as political director for the NRCC in 2010, when Republicans won 63 seats and recaptured the House. Retaking the lower chamber would be a coup for Democrats. It is also a monumental and probably insurmountable challenge. That said, top Republicans have long estimated that the party would lose somewhere in the range of five to 15 House seats this cycle, but GOP strategists have grown increasingly bearish in their projections since the convention, with 20 seats now considered by many to be the worst-case scenario. One senior Republican, who requested anonymity to speak candidly, says he fears the losses could reach two-dozen. And while none of these outcomes would hand Democrats the House majority, Republicans close to party leadership worry that a severe loss — a reduction in the GOP membership to, say, 225 or 230 from the current 247 — could nevertheless prove devastating for a party that hopes to present a united front against a newly inaugurated Democratic president. “They want to do what they can to safeguard their most vulnerable House seats,” says Dave Wasserman, the House editor of the Cook Political Report.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/439313/2016-campaign-gop-house-majority-threatened
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Suppressed

Re: Is the House Up for Grabs?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 03:41:58 pm »
If I wanted to take down the USA, I can't figure out a much more efficient way than to have Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump as nominees.

With the House and Senate in danger of going to the party of the likely Executive winner, we have the elements of a disaster.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 03:51:36 pm »
If I wanted to take down the USA, I can't figure out a much more efficient way than to have Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump as nominees.

With the House and Senate in danger of going to the party of the likely Executive winner, we have the elements of a disaster.

With the exception of Ted Cruz, Louie Gohmert, and a few others, the Texas Congressional delegation has become a disaster, and a well paid subsidiary of the Chamber of Crony Capitalism.

I define disaster as a cloture proof majority for Hillary. That's not going to happen.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 04:06:19 pm »
I read that the GOP only has a 38% chance of retaining the Senate.

The House being up for grabs is very likely given the numbers of Republicans who either plan to sit out or have left the party for elsewhere as I have.

Trump has sucked all the air out of support  for the GOP - exactly as he was supposed to accomplish.

You folks are about to really get an illustration of what politics in this country looks like after a velvet coup if you haven't been wise to it already.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 04:06:47 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 04:08:11 pm »
With the exception of Ted Cruz, Louie Gohmert, and a few others, the Texas Congressional delegation has become a disaster, and a well paid subsidiary of the Chamber of Crony Capitalism.

I define disaster as a cloture proof majority for Hillary. That's not going to happen.

Why do you see that as not happening?

I define disaster as the GOP losing the Senate and the new DEM majority Senate consenting to the appointments of liberal justices.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 04:16:16 pm »
I read that the GOP only has a 38% chance of retaining the Senate.

The House being up for grabs is very likely given the numbers of Republicans who either plan to sit out or have left the party for elsewhere as I have.

Trump has sucked all the air out of support  for the GOP - exactly as he was supposed to accomplish.

You folks are about to really get an illustration of what politics in this country looks like after a velvet coup if you haven't been wise to it already.

You are correct; stats show that the DEMS have a 60% chance of retaking the Senate.  The Senate votes to give consent to the appointed justices to SCOTUS.  Those who supported Trump and bolstered his campaign WILL BE RESPONSIBLE for the GOP losing the Senate, Hillary winning the oval office and liberal justices!

geronl

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2016, 05:46:52 pm »
Why do you see that as not happening?

I define disaster as the GOP losing the Senate and the new DEM majority Senate consenting to the appointments of liberal justices.

The GOP has refused how many of Obama's appointments?

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2016, 06:01:23 pm »

You are correct; stats show that the DEMS have a 60% chance of retaking the Senate.  The Senate votes to give consent to the appointed justices to SCOTUS.  Those who supported Trump and bolstered his campaign WILL BE RESPONSIBLE for the GOP losing the Senate, Hillary winning the oval office and liberal justices!

I wouldn't put all the blame on Trump. Republicans have 24 seats to defend, while the Dems have 10. These Senators were elected in 2010, during the Tea Party uprising. Many of those were happy for the support from TEA Partiers, at least until they arrived in Washington. Since then, they've been willing to hide behind the Turtle.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.