Author Topic: Donald Trump Vindicates Ted Cruz’s Convention Speech  (Read 1042 times)

Offline libertybele

Donald Trump Vindicates Ted Cruz’s Convention Speech
« on: August 25, 2016, 09:16:09 pm »
Donald Trump Vindicates Ted Cruz’s Convention Speech

When Ted Cruz took the stage in Cleveland and urged Republicans to vote their conscience it was thought by many to be a risky move that potentially damaged Cruz because in the era of Trump "voting your conscience" means rejecting the Cheeto Jesus. (The fact that pro-Trump delegates booed that suggestion shows the previously unplumbed depths of ethical and moral corruption that exists in the GOP.)

As it turns out, having faced Trump in the primary, Ted Cruz was making a sure bet because he knew and understood Trump much better than Trump's supporters. He knows that Trump is a poseur who gives "shallow" a bad name and that, inevitably, he'd throw his supporters under the bus. Last evening on Sean Hannity's infomercial, Donald Trump embraced the Gang of 8 comprehensive immigration reform plan. This, as Leon points out, should not have surprised anyone who had paid attention to Trump. By the way, Ann Coulter's twitter feed is filled with a pain and bitterness that makes a refreshing drink when served with a dash of salt.

Now, former Ted Cruz staffers are taking a victory lap...

...“It vindicates the speech, it vindicates what Ted Cruz warned would happen during the course of the campaign,” said Chris Wilson, the director of research, analytics and digital strategy on Cruz’s campaign and a top Cruz adviser who has always argued that the RNC speech would be remembered favorably. He went on to add, “I do think, yes, the immigration point is another data point that he was right, it’s another data point that leads people to understand Ted Cruz knew what he was talking about, he was making the right decision.”...

...The sweet thing is that often you have to wait for years in order to be vindicated. Ted Cruz only had to wait a month.

http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2016/08/25/donald-trump-vindicates-ted-cruzs-convention-speech/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

Re: Donald Trump Vindicates Ted Cruz’s Convention Speech
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 09:32:30 pm »
To those paying attention it was clear Trump was a fraud as early as Q1'16. Cruz will come out of this election season stronger than ever, politically.

But I've noticed the open borders types are crawling from under their rocks and are thumbing their noses now. Personally I have no wish to be associated with them, any more than I do Trump.

The genie is out of the bottle regardless of what happens to Trump. The GOP had better understand that its base will never accept their suicidal attitude on border security. Never.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 09:33:44 pm by skeeter »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 03:23:14 pm »
I believe that Ted Cruz was privy to what was said in TRUMP's TOP SECRET OFF THE RECORD INTERVIEW with NYT.   

Cruz knew that all Trump's bs was nothing but headline grabbing bluster, and he would gyrate to a pandering fool at the end.

Trumpets have been duped, and I have no problem pointing the finger.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 03:31:59 pm »
It should have been obvious when Trump immediately pandered to king corn in Iowa.

He slapped his gums together about wheeling and dealing that goes on between dirty politicians, corporations and special interests and then ran out and did it himself.

Worse were the "conservatives" who have complained about subsidies for years only to turn around and say "Oh well, He's gotta do it to win" when he pandered to ethanol.

Shameful

geronl

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2016, 04:01:12 pm »
Supporters of the fraudulent Trump will never forgive Cruz for being 100% right

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2016, 04:07:20 pm »
Let alone, Cruz offered legal residency for illegal aliens per his amendment for the gang of 8 bill even reported in Texas Monthly http://www.texasmonthly.com/burka-blog/ted-cruz-amnesty-enthusiast/

But the Cruz smear machine does not care about the truth to anyone, like saying Kasich received Soros money;   http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politics/2016/03/31/cruz-super-pac-inaccurately-accuses-kasich-campaign-accepting-soros-donation/

But no one dare criticize the God of Conservative, Ted Cruz, even the mods allow personal attacks against posters and surprisingly pulled a false report on twitter that someone was "exploiting" some death in Chicago.  Self-penned stories, no criticism there, just the stupid opinion of someone who twittered.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2016, 05:03:16 pm »
It should have been obvious when Trump immediately pandered to king corn in Iowa.

He slapped his gums together about wheeling and dealing that goes on between dirty politicians, corporations and special interests and then ran out and did it himself.

Worse were the "conservatives" who have complained about subsidies for years only to turn around and say "Oh well, He's gotta do it to win" when he pandered to ethanol.

Shameful

Oh and I believe that Trump was always going to choose Pence.  Trump was talking touchback Amnesty from the beginning.  I did not know that Pence was the author of the failed amnesty plan.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2016, 05:04:37 pm »
Let alone, Cruz offered legal residency for illegal aliens per his amendment for the gang of 8 bill even reported in Texas Monthly http://www.texasmonthly.com/burka-blog/ted-cruz-amnesty-enthusiast/

But the Cruz smear machine does not care about the truth to anyone, like saying Kasich received Soros money;   http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politics/2016/03/31/cruz-super-pac-inaccurately-accuses-kasich-campaign-accepting-soros-donation/

But no one dare criticize the God of Conservative, Ted Cruz, even the mods allow personal attacks against posters and surprisingly pulled a false report on twitter that someone was "exploiting" some death in Chicago.  Self-penned stories, no criticism there, just the stupid opinion of someone who twittered.

Oh for gosh sake, stop whining about the non-existent personal attack you think will get you some sympathy.  It won't, because we all know it never happened.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

HonestJohn

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2016, 06:24:07 pm »
To those paying attention it was clear Trump was a fraud as early as Q1'16. Cruz will come out of this election season stronger than ever, politically.

But I've noticed the open borders types are crawling from under their rocks and are thumbing their noses now. Personally I have no wish to be associated with them, any more than I do Trump.

The genie is out of the bottle regardless of what happens to Trump. The GOP had better understand that its base will never accept their suicidal attitude on border security. Never.

As early as the 4th quarter 2015.  The moment he called for a wall and the end of birthright citizenship, I knew he was the antithesis of an American.