Author Topic: Trump goes after black and Hispanic voters with high-stakes meeting Thursday and plans to have Ben Carson walk him through Detroit 'war zone'  (Read 339 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump goes after black and Hispanic voters with high-stakes meeting Thursday and plans to have Ben Carson walk him through Detroit 'war zone'

Donald Trump has been making overt appeals to black and Hispanic voters in speeches to largely white crowds
    On Thursday he meets with Latino and black activists at Trump Tower
    Has compared inner cities to 'war zones'
    Has direct remarks to black voters in troubled neighborhoods: 'Right now, you walk down the street, you get shot'
    Plans to visit churches, charter schools and shops in minority neighborhoods

Published: 09:16 EST, 24 August 2016 | Updated: 12:05 EST, 24 August 2016

By Geoff Earle, Deputy U.S. Political Editor In Tampa, Florida for DailyMail.com

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, who has been making overt pitches for black and Hispanic support at rallies before mostly white crowds, plans to meet with black and Hispanic activists inside Trump Tower on Thursday.

The activists will be part of a Republican Leadership Initiative, a Republican Party effort to get interns involved in political campaigns to take back the White House, from Trump's home borough of Queens.

'This is part of his Hispanic outreach, and I think he wanted to explain where he is and why he is a benefit to the Hispanic community, Representative Bob Turner, who is helping organize the event, told Yahoo News, who reported on the meeting.

The Trump Tower meeting, which reportedly was originally to take place in Queens, is the latest outreach by Trump, who in speeches going back to last week has been making extended appeals to black voters, telling them they are living in 'war zones' with failing schools and asking, 'What do you have to lose?' by backing Trump.

more
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3756464/Trump-goes-black-Hispanic-voters-high-stakes-meeting-Thursday-plans-Ben-Carson-walk-Detroit-war-zone.html#ixzz4IJI1OtEU
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline RedHead

Plans to visit churches, charter schools and shops in minority neighborhoods

Wake us when he  does.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I bet you money that he and Carson don't go into the Hamtramack area of Detroit where there is a heavy Muslim 'influence'.  BTW; I'm predicting that's the next issue Trump is going to soften on -- he'll now say we need to let in more refugees.

Any bets on Trump and the 2nd Amendment??
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

HonestJohn

I'm pretty sure he's not going to win any votes by walking into a neighborhood and telling it's inhabitants that they live in such a hellhole that it's a 'warzone'.

---

Hey, Mary!  I just came by to say that your live in a warzone!

Oh... and I promise to put more police here.  You know the type, the ones that shot your dog and beat your husband.

Vote for me in November!  What have you got to lose?